Hugh Jackman's wife doesn't 'pay heed' to gay rumors
November 30th, 2011

Hugh Jackman's wife doesn't 'pay heed' to gay rumors

Hugh Jackman's wife Deborra Lee-Furness says the couple's caught wind of the gossip questioning 43-year-old Jackman's sexuality, but they're not paying the rumors any mind.

"The line I heard was, 'Wolverine? Who would have thought?'" Furness tells Page Six Magazine. "Hugh and I don't pay much heed. It's kind of tragic that these people have nothing better to do than gossip about people they don't know."

It's not just Jackman they gossip about - rumormongers have also clucked at Furness's weight. But the Australian actress remains unfazed.

"Heaven forbid I have a human experience and carry a little weight," she tells the magazine, adding that her husband of 15 years "is much more mature than me, so we balance each other out....I was always saying I'd marry someone sensible, like a stockbroker. So he dresses up for that fantasy for me occasionally."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. meaghanme

The truth is Deb Lee Furness is gay and it only matters as they live a life of lies as he is not gay, and why have a marriage of convenience in this day and age, why not have truth and honesty and real love...

July 5, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. BobC

I never heard any gay rumours about Hugh Jackman, and I don't believe them, but I can dream!

December 28, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pav

What is this, Datalounge? There are so many meowy-remarks, I'm thinking there's a hint of jealousy going on here. Attacking a woman's looks because you want her husband is uncool.

December 24, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. Quid Malmborg in Plano TX

Any guy who does that much Rodgers & Hammerstein can't be entirely straight. My money is on him being bi.

December 16, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Pedro

NH - but I think Ms. Lee-Furness outkicked her coverage by a lot... glad to hear they're happily married, but I would've aimed higher Hugh!

December 14, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  6. Scott Wallace

Hugh Jackman gay? Can you be more ignorant?

December 13, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sue

Their kids are adopted, she is much older and unattractive, he's an actor who sings and dances on Broadway. Yup she's a beard for a gay man.

December 3, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. singers

Tony Danza sings & dances is he gay ?, Donny Osmond ? Michael Jackson? Gene Kelly ? Hugh Jackman is an all around talent & I am glad to hear his wife "pays no heed" to such goofy people. !!! Tis the season .....

December 1, 2011 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
    • dude

While I agree with you in general I have to say your examples are terrible.

December 4, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • jasey

He married his mother

December 12, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • JimmyJoe

You are so right! What a compelling argument you make! To continue your well-considered list of examples: Ricky Martin dances & is he gay? Lance Bass? George Michael? Darnit, Hugh Jackman is an all around talent & I am glad to hear his wife "pays no heed" to such goofy people. !!! ( And only a straight man would marry his mom. )

December 21, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Artie

He would look good as the cop in Village People, if that group ever does a revival tour. -Art

December 1, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  10. n2cr8zysht

Why do people always have nothing else 2 say but talk sht about folks they know nothing about them,Hugh Jackman got more money then yor ever going 2 see...

November 30, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Ed

Is that his mom? Seriously.

November 30, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Janie

She does not look 60. Nowhere close. She looks like a normal woman in her 40s.

November 30, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Evel Knievel

It looks like he married his mom. That broad in the picture has to be pushing 60.

November 30, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • longday

She's older than he is, and she is gorgeous. Sure as heck doesn't look like his mother. Clearly Hugh knows enough to see her beauty. Shame you can't.

They are a seriously classy family, working on causes that matter and make a difference without shouting it from the rooftops. More power to them.

December 2, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • JimmyJoe

She *was* pushing 60.... 2 years ago. Hugh, really?

December 21, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. madhater

G@y people are g@y.

November 30, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. la

um – you would care if you were his wife haha

November 30, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  16. blindy

It doesnt matter if he or anyone is gay or isnt. No one should care.

November 30, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Rebbeca

Absolutely love her she is a class act just like her husband. This is the nicest family I have ever met and any rumors about them should just be put in the trash with the people that spread them.

November 30, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. You don't know Jack!

Honestly, It's ignorant to think that sonmeone who likes musicals, dresses well, and has talent is gay. Even if he was, I would still find him entertaining (loved the movie Australia).
    Plus, he just seem likable!

November 30, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  19. sassylady

Love this family!

November 30, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  20. lojenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk3yTXFkyiY&w=640&h=390]

November 30, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill Hoffman

Um, can I get a refund on the last 5 minutes of my life that I spent listening to this??? Please.....???

December 10, 2011 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |