Comedy Central to re-air Patrice O'Neal special
November 30th, 2011

Comedy Central to re-air Patrice O'Neal special

In honor of deceased comedian Patrice O'Neal, who died Tuesday at 41 from complications due to a stroke he suffered in October, Comedy Central is adding in some of his programming.

TMZ reports that those at the network are "broken up" about O'Neal's passing, and will re-air his comedy special, "Elephant in the Room," this evening at 8 p.m. ET and again at midnight.

Comedy Central previously hosted O'Neal on their "Roast" of actor Charlie Sheen in September. Although Sheen was only acquainted with O'Neal for the time surrounding the taping of the comedy special, he wrote a lengthy post on the celebrated comic via Twitter Tuesday.

"The entertainment world as well as the world at large lost a brilliant man today," Sheen, 46, wrote. "Patrice had that rare 'light' around him and inside of him. I only knew him for the few days leading up the Roast. Yet I will forever be inspired by his nobility, his grace and his epic talent. My tears today are for the tremendous loss to his true friends and loving family."

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Cookie

I had the pleasure of being introduced to Patrice through the "I love's". He was a true talent.

December 1, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. derp

His routine a few years ago about Arabs being the new blacks was comic genius. A shame to lose such a great talent so young.

December 1, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. Patrick

I read the arcticle about this guy's deat the other day and when I saw how many comedians had so many great things to say about him, I started wondering why I'd never heard of him. Last night I was going to bed at midnight and caught the comedy central airing. OMG!!! This guy was friggin hilarious!!!!! I was laughing so hard I kep missing stuff so I had to keep rewinding....Thank goodness for TiVo.....Couldn't go to sleep. Had to watch the whole hour long special.....Dragging at the office this morning....Great comedian....My condolences to his friends, family, and fans...

December 1, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  4. Guy

Charlie Sheen's publicist is really eloquent.

December 1, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  5. emgee

I had the fortune of knowing and working with Patrice over the years. He was truly a giant in everything he did, and the many lives that he touched through his vast talent. I know there will be many tears shed during tonight's rebroadcast-especially from the many people who knew and loved him. I'm sure it'll be SRO in Heaven's Comedy Club for his shows.

November 30, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. shawn

After all the work you made it patrice we will miss you.

November 30, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mike

Loved "Shorties watching shorties"!

November 30, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jodi

Patrice Oneal was a great comic and underrated. Loved him on the Charlie Sheen Roast...R.I.P.

November 30, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Manage Your Diabetes

Type 2 diabetes is SERIOUS but reversible. Complications include stroke, heart disease, kidney disease.... Patrice was far too young to die. Condolences to his family & friends.

November 30, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • really?

Not just kidney disease, but kidney failure, which leads to dialysis. This follows up with more complications that can lead to amputations, typically the legs, and a downward spiral of other organs shutting down, and stroke, which he had. Take care of yourself people!!

November 30, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Brian S.

Chuck always has the words and never disappoints. I only saw Patrice perform a few times but found his style to be refreshingly unique and entertaining. He was successful in his quest. RIP Patrice...

November 30, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jo Madre

What a shame! I saw him on the Charlie Sheen roast ...knew he was suffering from Diabetes...Way to young to go.

November 30, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Todd

You were a funny funny dude. RIP. All the best to his family and friends

November 30, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Meghan

RIP Patrice! well loved, well respected guy...only 41! So sad what life can do to some people.

November 30, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. FELIX SEDA

very sad news....all these ppl dyin in there 40s....thats 2 soon...im about to turn 43 next wk...makes u think...R.I.P

November 30, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Webster

Yeah, makes you think that at your age one should know the difference between their & there.

November 30, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Proud To Be A Troll

RIP Patrice. I used to listen to Opie and Anthony and he was great on there.

November 30, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  16. big fan

RIP, Patrice. You were great.

November 30, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jai

Patrice you will be missed greatly! You were a very talented comedian.

November 30, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |