T.I.: Sensitivity in gay community is not American
November 28th, 2011

T.I.: Sensitivity in gay community is not American

Rapper T.I. talks politics in the December/January issue of Vibe magazine, sharing his views on everything from the death of Osama bin Laden - "if that really happened," he says - to his thoughts on free speech and sexuality.

The 31-year-old artist tells Vibe that he "supports anyone's sexual preference," the magazine says, but adds that he sees a trend of oversensitivity running through the gay community.

"I will say this, the funniest joke I ever heard Tracy [perhaps Morgan, although it's not made clear] say during a stand-up was, 'C'mon man, I think gay people are too sensitive. If you can take a d-– you can take a joke.' That s-- was funny to me. And it's kinda true," T.I., born Clifford Harris Jr., says in the interview.

He continues that "[Those in the gay community] are like, 'If you have an opinion against us, we're gonna shut you down'...That's not American. If you're gay you should have the right to be gay in peace, and if you're against it you should have the right to be against it in peace."

T.I. is currently gearing up for his upcoming eighth studio album, "Trouble Man," as well as a new reality series on VH1 bowing December 5 called "T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle." The show intends to give a behind-the-scenes look at the rapper's life with wife Tameka (a.k.a. "Tiny") and the couple's children.

The December/January issue of Vibe arrives December 6.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. The Customer

For more information you should contact customer services (WEBSITE)... Have a great day!

January 3, 2014 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. Telephone Man

If you wish to complain you should write to or telephone customer support, details of which can be found here: (WEBSITE)

January 2, 2014 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MLB Snapback Hats

Very popular Regarding Cheap Snapback A fantastic way to explore snapbacksite2013comment.If your family want a multi function reliable as if that's the case as an all in one a good choice variable head-gear, then all your family members are going to want for more information regarding many patients likely decide upon the low-cost snapback a lot fewer even more complicated accessible in your markets today.

August 6, 2013 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rainbow

Thanks , I have just been looking for information about this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I've found out so far. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source?|What i don't realize is in fact how you're now not actually a lot more neatly-preferred than you might be right now. You are so intelligent.

April 16, 2012 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. justmyopah

I don't think there was any thing racist about what TI said’, it just his opinion, just like an A—hole, everyone has one. Hell I'm fat people make jokes about me....it does not offend me...People that I do not know I take no value in the comments.

December 21, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Tom Tucker

This is all a little ironic coming from a man that is rumored to be gay...

But in all seriousness, everyone should have the right to free speech...but not to free action. That's why celebrities have to be careful about what and how they say certain things. Because one, or some, of his 'fans' could incite violence against individuals from the gay community because they are perceived to be 'anti-American'.

And, unfortunately, this gives racists the right to say whatever they want about the African American community because it would be 'anti-American' to think otherwise.

December 2, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. james

Why is it okay to hate gays but not races? The black community has a major hypocrisy problem when it comes to gays. It is made clear by the AIDS data, blacks are the most likely to get AIDS in America because gay men try to hide they are gay and sleep with women and spread AIDS at a crazy rate. Self hating because the community is hating.

December 2, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  8. TIWIA

I have no idea why people care what TI says, but I really liked the joke he mentions, haha:

‘C’mon man, I think gay people are too sensitive. If you can take a d-– you can take a joke.’

What I don’t like is everything else that he says. “If you’re gay you should have the right to be gay in peace, and if you’re against it you should have the right to be against it in peace.”

Right, I agree. But that’s not how it is, TI. It seems like every week, we hear about a gay bashing or a 12-year old being killed because he’s gay. As for his comment about gays being “oversensitive,” would he also agree that African Americans in the early 60s were “oversensitive” when the law determined who they could and could not marry. If he had a real job, do you think he would just shrug his shoulders and laugh if he were fired for being black?

This guy is an idiot. And he has major gayface in that pic.

Be yourself – Tiwia.org – This is Who I Am

November 30, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom Tucker

Good post, I'm pretty sure that T.I. is actually gay...at least that's what I've heard around the rumor mill.

December 2, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kubotes

Yeah, I mean Jesus gay community... just cuz some people want you to have less rights and are constantly bashing and demonizing doesn't mean you should get all sensitive about it. RELAX ALREADY!

Seriously, what is this idiot talking about? Why is this getting any attention at all? In today's society, show me another group that is constantly the butt of jokes, if not blatant insulted, and takes most of it in pretty good humor. And here I was taking all my advice on society and politics from TI...

November 29, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. geecee

Just because you dont agree with the Gay lifestyle does not mean you are hateful,I dont think its an asset to the family structure.

November 29, 2011 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
    • drew

Yeah, just like many people still don't think blacks are an asset to a neighborhood.

November 29, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Pace

Cue the overly sensitive gay people in 3...2...1....

Also

Cue the "Being gay is like being black" dumb statements in 3....2...1

November 29, 2011 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
    • JK

"We have a lot of work to do in our common struggle against bigotry and discrimination. I say 'common struggle,' because I believe very strongly that all forms of bigotry & discrimination are equally wrong and should be opposed by right-thinking Americans everywhere. Freedom from discrimination based on s3xual orientation is surely a fundamental human right in any great democracy, as much as freedom from racial, religious, gender, or ethnic discrimination." CORETTA SCOTT KING

November 29, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. saywut

I hear what ppl are saying y do ppl keep comparing blacks and gays. Black ppl did not choose to be black, gays chose to be gay. There is no birth defect or gay gene. That is just nonsense.

November 29, 2011 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Ignorance Is BLISS

Saywut, you have no idea what you're talking about...do the research, there ARE differences in the brain with gays. If you don't really know what you're saying, try not saying anything... Just my opinion.

November 29, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  13. J

It is a sin and we are commanded to speak out against it:

Ephesians 5:11

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

It is not okay, it is not natural, it is not normal. It is a sin that will send people to hell. We need to let a gay person know, with love, that there is a better way, and that is to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

November 29, 2011 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Nate (Seattle, WA)

Do you clowns believe everything you read in 2000 year-old books?

November 29, 2011 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
    • J

Gods word is the same today as it was yesterday. It is you who is clowning around, trespassing against the law of the Most High. You need to repent and ask God for forgiveness. You need His pardon, which Jesus purchased with His blood. Ask Jesus to come into your life and place your trust in Him, and you will be forgiven and receive eternal life. We have all sinned and fallen short of Gods glory, and none of us can earn our way into Heaven. So, seek Jesus, because you will have to face God on judgement day, and without Jesus you will be found guilty and sent to eternal punishment in hell.

November 29, 2011 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
    • lex

@J .. please .. how many times has that Fairy Tale been changed??? How many VERSIONS are there ... King James... new UPDATED version... etc etc ... it is NOT the same thing from 2000+ years ago... and read a HISTORY book ... its made up of other religions that christianity stole from and then turned around said THEY were wrong... ??? Just so you know .. Jesus was a BLACK MAN too .. not the blue eyed velvet painting version you have in mind...

November 30, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. weeknow

Just go to Prove Ti, is right Different Type race Gay people are Racist and nasty "People" the nerve surly you just...

November 29, 2011 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
  15. mikedh

Who cares what TI has to say about anything?

November 29, 2011 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  16. Bill Sargent

It's not the jokes I dislike... Its the mean spirited hatred I dislike. As a gay man myself, I love a good gay joke as long as its not meant to hurt someone's feelings. Some of the funniest jokes are about stupid stereotypes and how people perceive a group of people to be when they aren't part of that group. But when people teach their children to hate gays or religious nuts tell people that its wrong, and spend their entire career teaching that its wrong to be gay, that's the kind of things I have problems with. Because the sooner the intolerant generation dies out and stops poisoning their children, the better the future will look. Jokes don't hurt me. It's the real mean stuff that hurts me. I believe the guy was trying to say something nice. And he's right to a certain degree... a joke here, and misspoken word there... results in apologies and charity work for gay groups. I don't want people to tiptoe around my gayness. People not only need to be tolerant of me, they need to feel comfortable around me as well. That I won't freak out if they say something.

November 29, 2011 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
  17. weeknow

to be or not to be Gay ,Some of the different Race of Gay people or Mean and back stabbing,from me to you and to all the people! from a Blackman

November 29, 2011 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Nate (Seattle, WA)

Please learn to read and write before posting.

From an educated man ...

November 29, 2011 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  18. The Unselfish Meme

Artist?...artist?

"you should have the right to be against it in peace."

That makes no sense.

But such is thug-minstrelsy.

November 29, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  19. Patrick

As much as I hate rap, and rappers, he is right about some things. Political Correctness is the biggest threat to our country right now.
    They tell us what we can say
    They tell us how to think
    They tell us how we should live.
    If you dare to stand up to them or oppose them, you can lose your job. Don't tell me it doesn't happen...it does.

November 29, 2011 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
    • sue

Hmm. Patrick, i'm gonna guess you are a white male living comfortably. Yes it happens, it just doesn't happen to you because you are white. And yes, i'm white, and my son is gay. I wonder how many jobs he won't get since he is gay?? i'll keep you posted. he is only 15 but that could be a hurdle waiting for him. I wonder if you have had to worry about that.

November 29, 2011 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Nate (Seattle, WA)

Are you serious? Grow up.

Terrorism. Running out of oil. Trade imbalance with China, unemployment, wars in the Middle East, reckless behavior in the financial sector, ineffective politicians, environmental damage.

Get a grip. Political correctness is not our biggest problem.

November 29, 2011 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
    • W

Holy crap man we get you your Freakin Son is Gay, who gives a Sh** , get over yourself and stop spamming.

November 29, 2011 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

She has a point. There is still a huge chunk of the population against equality for gays. I was personally kicked out of my high school for being gay, despite being a virgin (and I've the letter, post court-case, to prove it.) We gays make up the largest percent of homeless youths, the highest suicide rates, and have the few rights that we've won over decades of hard work up for the chopping block every election cycle. Mind you, things are constantly getting better, but how many black people do you know who's entire family disowned him, throwing him on the street for being black? I know and have worked with quite a few gays who've faced such issues...

November 29, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Juan Herrera from Houston

T.I is from the HOOD. How complex do you expect his answers to be. Common on people. It is what it is. I am gay and don't take anything he says personal. His mindset is a certain way. I don't ever think I would have deep, complex and thought provoking conversation with him...

November 29, 2011 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  21. Juan Herrera from Houston

November 29, 2011 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
    • tyger

You should take the joke Tracy Morgan did personally! Basically he said if he had a gay child he would kill them!

November 29, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  22. JCaldwell

2 all post, one word: WOW!!!

November 29, 2011 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
  23. amadeo122

He lloks like a gay Urkel in that picture.

November 29, 2011 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
  24. Tacjam4

Tell Sharpton, Jackson and rest of the race baiters...if I have an opinion that the black community is ruining itself, theft, murder and crime would be real low in general if we had no blacks.....let me live in peace!

November 29, 2011 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Doudt that make a differnce another group just end up doing the same thing. i forget the soicligical theory behind this but its basiclly a large group living close to each other in a city in poor condions will end up fighting amongst themselves happened to most of the immgrant groups only differnce is that black people never got out like the other groups did

November 29, 2011 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
  25. Matt

i am gay. it was a joke. not everyone is going to laugh at every joke. if you dont like it, thats fine. thats your right as an American (without any qualitative terms in front of it) and I would highly recommend not spending any money to see TI or Tracey Morgan and do not watch them on TV, Movies, etc. Your voice or lack thereof will be noticed. Kicking up dust here will do nothing for anyones frustration.

To be honest though, the joke made me chuckle...

November 29, 2011 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Tyger

The joke that got Tracy Morgan in trouble went something like "if I had a gay son I would kill him" the writer clearly missed that one! Let's be clear if anyone (even joking) said they would kill someone for being black, or Jewish or ANYTHING I would have a problem with it and so should you!

November 29, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  26. RayJacksonMS

So if I call him obsolete farm equipment that's OK huh? Cause you know blacks shouldn't be over sensitive either.

November 29, 2011 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
    • ssue

Wow. i never thought of it like that. You make a good point there. I almost feel uncomfortable just reading that sentence "farm equipment" WOW. My son is gay. all people deserve to be treated with respect. Just like the big guy upstairs says "be kind to your neighbors".

November 29, 2011 at 4:16 am | Report abuse |
  27. gonzo63

Dips**t. Key words: in peace.

November 29, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  28. Frank

Its kinda interesting but shamefully sad how people jump to conclusion just by reading some eye catching posting by the media to sell its story. Pls pls my dear people before you make any comments read the entirety of the interview. Its obvious his comments are being taking out of context. So before you pass judgement, stop, read and think....

November 29, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Tyger

Frank, what is left out of the article is the joke that got Tracy Morgan in trouble, he said if he had a gay child he would kill them. That's the context of this discussion! Clearly the writer left that out of the article intentionally and as a result the interview lacks an objective or factual framework.

November 29, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Aerocog

I'm a Mormon and I get a lot intolerance or misunderstandings, I just deal with it I don't go starting group demanding everyone accept me and shout at them when they disappove.

November 29, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Kritz

So your solution to intolerance is to let the bigots trash you? That never works.

November 29, 2011 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Nate (Seattle, WA)

Yeah, but that's what a lot of other Mormons do. Never before have a seen a group of such bigoted people who try to play themselves off as the persecuted ones.

November 29, 2011 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
    • CTM

@Aero, as a gay former Mormon, I know you do not face the same amount of intolerance as LGBT do. Besides, you choose to be Mormon. I, along with other LGBT, did not choose to be LGBT. DO NOT play the 'poor me' card!

As for T.I., bet he wouldn't say the same thing if he was denied marriage, called slurs, or objects of hate crimes in songs.

November 29, 2011 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  30. Dabson

Truth go to bed punk nobody's buying your sh!t.LOL

November 28, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Dabson

@Truth you redneck stop pretending to be starrfire she isn't a racist dog like you,she never talks like that.

November 28, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Riri

F....U....T...I...!

November 28, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. keef

anything to remain relevant. he rapped about holiday inn's right?

November 28, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  34. brathead

T.I. you can suck it! As a gay woman we are not asking for people to be sensitive to us just because we are gay. We are just asking to be respected. If I walked up to you and called you the N word would you not be offended? I think so. What if racism was allowed and you had half of America verbally or physically abusing you just because you are black, wouldn't you be offended. This situation is no different. Regardless of what idiots in America think, gay people are born that way. It is a choice but that is a choice to live a happy life or a life that is a lie. Why do you think it is OK for people to hate gay people? Anybody else that has a problem with this can suck it too!

November 28, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • keef

I support gays and lesbians and agree with you, but the African American community literally does have half of America verbally and physically abusing them. Let's not argue about who gets persecuted more, but rather just try and stop it all.

November 28, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • sue

God bless you : ) our 15 year old son is gay. People just don't get it. Sometimes i'm just like "really". LIke MIchelle Bachman who is running for our highest office "pray the gay away" ,,,,,, REALLY MICHELLE????? DUMB.

November 29, 2011 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  35. John

T I been to jail so many time he probably Gay Himself. Why do you think he keeps going to Jail

November 28, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  36. lojenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTtVMFqQ3Z4&w=640&h=390]

November 28, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Angel

wasnt slavery an american pastime also?? i wonder if he thinks that abolishing it was overly sensitive as well.

November 28, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

ANGEL,

Not only was slavery an American thing, I do believe it is mentioned very often in the Bible – you know – the one the 'thumpers' quote all the time about Gays being 'abominations' and so on.

November 28, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • sue

Good point. i'm sure he was ok with getting rid of slavery. Seems like there is often a double standard. Too bad really. Hey, sugar gets you more then vinegar.

November 29, 2011 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

More like a human past time, it wasnt very wide spread for a european to go deep into africa to hunt slaves most times other africans sold africans into slavery because they didn't have a concpect of they the same skin color we are bothers it was they are a rvial tribe or nation screw them. all thoughout history this has happen with all cultures cant think of any culture that has interacted with another and not taken slaves at one point or another

November 29, 2011 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
  38. Jaime

Over and over, people mistake the Freedom of Speech with Freedom from Consequences of Objectionable Speech.

Listen up, dummy. You can hate on or joke about anyone you want and you won't be thrown in prison. But don't expect them to buy your albums. What an idiot.

November 28, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  39. LBLois

He is right. I have no problems with a person's choices of partners, but I feel that not only do they want your acceptance, they want you to love them. I just can't love a man in pink heels and a thong.

November 28, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • yoreald

...BECAUSE EVERY GAY MAN OR PERSON YOU'VE SEEN OR HAVE KNOWN WEARS PINK AND HIGH HEELS...NAAAH...U SUCK..

November 29, 2011 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
    • sue

i'm not asking you to love men in pink shoes. i just want you to give my 15 year old son, and others like him, a chance. Get to know them. You will a see decent, kind people first. not just a GAY guy first. Just see HIM. Even if he is different. See all the people for what is inside them. Not as gay, straight, bi etc. They honestly didn't choose their life style, please don't hate them. (spoken as a mom who has been through so much with our gay son already)

November 29, 2011 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
    • astuartgirl

Well said sue.

November 29, 2011 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
    • janelane

and i can't love a loser-highschool-dropout-felon. does he really think some thick glasses are gonna make him look smart?

November 29, 2011 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  40. Observer

TI is a liberal idiot and a felon as well.

November 28, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liz Malone

Because he express his opinion and you disagree you have to name call.Wow I think everyone should respect you because you are the King and the president of the universe (sarcasm).

November 28, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Observer

You are a political version of tracie... you have only one punchline and nothing more to add to your boring commentary.

November 28, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nate (Seattle, WA)

Uh, do you know what "liberal" means?

Defending people who slander gays really isn't a liberal position, dude. Get a clue.

November 29, 2011 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |
  41. aa915

The First Amendment applies to everyone, whether we like it or not, and how ironic is it that it's risky to dare point this out. The PC set will be demanding an apology and a retraction from him any second now, accompanied no doubt by a slew of spiteful and irrational accusations, the same sort of language that they like to label "hate speech" when used by anyone other than themselves.

November 28, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Loren

Actually, the First Amendment only applies to government, i.e. the government cannot put unreasonable restrictions on speech. It can limit time and place and content when there is a legally important reason to do so, e.g. no yelling "fire" in a crowded theater when there isn't one, no bullhorns on residential streets in the middle of the night. That's not to say that even the Supreme Court can't get it wrong as well, their idiotic decision that allows the stupid church to protect government policies at the funerals of soldiers.

November 28, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Sy2502

America is losing its sense of humor. Pretty soon we are going to run out of material for jokes. That will be a sad world to live in.

November 28, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sue

well. what about if we made fun of all the people out of work, or all the patients in hospital beds, or the ongoing wars, or made jokes of people in mourning. I could go on but these are just dumb ideas i put forward to say: why is it ok to joke about the gay and lesbian community and everyone else who is different. it isn't. leave them alone. the gay jokes, black jokes, hispanic jokes aren't funny. Maybe one day you will get to laugh at something really funny, like maybe in 5 years we'll laugh that we actually were so dumb that we made jokes out of people's difficulities.

November 29, 2011 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  43. carrieanne

JAMAL, the trouble is that no one knows how to debate anymore without taking nasty jabs at one another. Not to mention that no one seems to know when to keep their mouths shut. That kind of invalidates any confrontations that make the news because how can you listen to either side if they cant hear themselves?

November 28, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • JAMAL

My comment got blocked for no reason... anyways, as I was trying to say to you, carrieanne, I agree completely. I believe it's a pride issue mostly... people just need to be the winner in an argument... no matter what. It no longer becomes about the debate but rather the winner of the debate...

November 28, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • MisterBKP

As an openly gay man I get what TI is saying here. I don't march or protest. I just want to live my life in PEACE and would like to be able to walk down the street without someone yelling "f--t" at me. And, comparing gays to African Americans or any other "minority" race is off base. As gays, we have never been enslaved or had our land taken from us. We have had to hide and there have been times throughout history that we were persecuted and even killed for being gay (Stonewall, the Nazi Regime). And I might add, name calling shows your ignorance. I don't care who you are, it still hurts.

November 29, 2011 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
    • janelane

@misterBKP: comparing yourself to african americans of the past is way off base. as a modern day black man, you have never been enslaved or had your land taken from you.

in any case, this has nothing to do with comparing gays to blacks. this has to do with t.i. thinking it's cool to say whatever we want against any kind of group because it's america. then fine, he shouldn't complain if he hears racism cause that's freedom of speech, too.

November 29, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
    • tyger

janelane, Tell that to the thousands of gay people executed by the Nazi's or Matthew Sheppard, or the right wing nut-bags who would like nothing better than to round up and murder all gay people!

November 29, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  44. JD

I have never made it a habit to take advice from convicted felons.

November 28, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ JD

Doesn't make a difference if it's a convicted felon or a politician.

November 28, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Shanker

THe Tao of T.I.

Being a sensitive gay gay is not American

Being a felon is

November 28, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  46. JAMAL

Problem is when you have people who disagree with being 6 @ y they disagree with it by protesting and causing trouble and same goes for the 6 @ y community... I agree with my boy T.I. but seriously... what kinda debates are peaceful these days?

November 28, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nate (Seattle, WA)

Uh, ones that involve intellectuals, and not rappers, tend to be.

November 29, 2011 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Tyger

Jamal, the joke that got Tracy Morgan in trouble was that if he had a gay child he would kill them. Nothing "peaceful" about that, even in jest and I doubt if some one was doing jokes promoting murder of black people you would defend the right to do so!

November 29, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drew

Also, you'd think a black man would be the first person to understand that when you are constantly denigrated and abused, you don't jokes about that abuse particularly appropriate

November 29, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Bob

I wonder if he feels the same about the African American community?

November 28, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liz Malone

The man is laughing all the way to the bank!He has money coming out of his butt.

November 28, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay

Please stop comparing a RACE (black)of people to gay people...it is not the SAME....

November 28, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

It is the same if you believe it's beyond their control.

November 29, 2011 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

Why do people always want to make comparison to blacks in the USA.

Blacks were the only race to be Enslave and segregated in the USA.
      In the USA blacks endure programs such a the Tuskegee experiment, where diseases were tested on them.
      and in 1921 a whole town of blacks, about 500 to 1500 people were wipe out, jut because of their race.

there i NO COMPARISON HERE.

November 29, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
    • An Indian Man

@Juggernaut, lol guy, really, i suppose you forgot about the american indians right? i forgot that they dont count. bottom line is even in jest anything said that hurts someone else in a manner that is in a prejudiced way is wrong. there are a lot of racist jokes out there that have funny irony and that make fun of stereotypes but i bet you, if Cliff here heard them he wouldnt be to happy. OH and btw every other race in this country has a country of their own besides the american indians who are still persecuted. if theres a race that has a right to hate other races it would be the indians and yet my people tend to be the most tolerant

November 29, 2011 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
    • astuartgirl

He is just being controversial to sell.

November 29, 2011 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Spot on with the native american comment. I'm not native american but I was thinking the same thing. They got royally screwed but americans as a whole could really care less. People are more concerned with the iPhone 5 and being complete Dbags to each other. Now bring on the predictably negative comments...

November 29, 2011 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
    • janelane

whether being gay is like being black is not the issue here. T.I. is saying it's american to have differences of opinion to say whatever we want and gays are being too sensitive. great. then racists have the right to say racist things. i don't want to ever hear him complain about it.

November 29, 2011 at 6:07 am | Report abuse |
    • janelane

i forgot the most important part: what T.I. thinks doesn't matter. this high school dropout doesn't have anything to say of value, obviously.

November 29, 2011 at 6:11 am | Report abuse |
    • ROCKWOOD

I wonder if he eats watermelon?

November 29, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Karen S

We in the LGBT would laugh a little more if we weren't beaten and bashed from time to time...

November 29, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drew

A thoughtless comment from a lousy artist

November 29, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • JK

"We have a lot of work to do in our common struggle against bigotry and discrimination. I say 'common struggle,' because I believe very strongly that all forms of bigotry & discrimination are equally wrong and should be opposed by right-thinking Americans everywhere. Freedom from discrimination based on sxual orientation is surely a fundamental human right in any great democracy, as much as freedom from racial, religious, gender, or ethnic discrimination." CORETTA SCOTT KING

November 29, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • You're a moron

Seriously?? Drop out from High school? That's all you have? This guy can crush you with his wallet, and YOU attack him and his education? That's hilarious...

December 6, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Peter

No comparison between between the treatment of blacks and the treatment of gays? Really? REALLY? Look up the name Matthew Sheppard or Ryan Skipper. End of argument over, I win!

December 7, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • david

Listen up dummies! If you're going to claim freedom of speech you should at least know what it means.

Freedom of speech means government can have no control over any public expression of personal opinion. It DOES NOT mean that you can say whatever you want without public criticism and boycotts. Freedom of Speech does not protect you from being called an ASS for your stupid and uneducated opinions.

December 12, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Weezie

You are hateful! Good taste would be to not constantly push hate and racism. But, that's where your pea brain cuts off.

November 28, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Liz Malone

What are ni$$ers?Could that mean anybody any race that's ignorant like your self.Please learn the meaning of that word.

November 28, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |