The truth comes out on 'The Walking Dead'
November 21st, 2011

The truth comes out on 'The Walking Dead'

It's got to be awfully tough for Dale and Glenn. These two not only have to keep track of all the secrets on the farm, but also have to be the voices of reason (at least in their view).

A lot of these secrets were revealed on Sunday night's episode of "The Walking Dead," so let's go over all of the various developments:

1. Hershel has a group of friends and family members-turned-zombies in the barn. When Glenn found out about this, he was sworn to secrecy by Maggie, but didn't know why there were a group of zombies being given chickens to eat in the barn.

When Glenn blurted out the truth to Dale, the character who seems to be the farm's keeper-of-gossip, he found out that Hershel believes the walkers to be the same people, only sick with a disease. Oh, how misguided he is.

2. Glenn should never be told a secret, because he also spilled to Dale about Lori's pregnancy.

This led her to send him into town to get a morning-after pill, which eventually led to Lori telling Rick the truth - not just about that, but about her relationship with Shane. If you thought Rick and Shane had blow-ups before, you ain't seen nothing yet.

3. Leaving the farm means getting attacked by walkers: Maggie (who may finally understand the truth about walkers), Shane and Andrea had to fight off walkers when they left the property. Andrea - who had been itching for some firearms training, along with some of the other women on the farm, plus Carl - started to become a really good shot against some of the walkers, which seemed to be quite a rush for her.

4. We kind of saw this coming, but Shane and Andrea ended up getting together in his car on their way back to the farm. These two - Shane, having killed one person from the farm and having threatened both Rick and Dale, and Andrea, wanting revenge on the walkers and resentful of the other survivors - are certainly not the most level-headed couple.

Then, after Maggie was angry at Glenn for nearly getting killed in the drug store, she ended up making out with him, telling him that he was a natural leader but the rest of the survivors didn't want him to know it.

5. Still no sign of Sophia: Shane and Andrea didn't get so much as a clue to Sophia's whereabouts on their excursion. With next week's episode being the last one of 2011, I'm really hoping that we will have at least some idea of what happened to her.

What did you think of this week's plot-heavy episode? What do you hope to see happen with next week's fall finale? Post your thoughts on iReport or comment below.

1. Jay Lo

I was happy to see that some of the stuff leaked out and see what the reaction would be. I was a bit upset after watching the new episode last night using DISH online. I was a bit disappointed that I thought it was going to be something to look forward too. I only thought the part in the bar with the two strange men was the best part of this episode. I like having DISH online available to watch all my live TV or my DVR recordings when I’m not home. I can pull out my laptop or iPad and stream my shows which let me enjoy my employee service from DISH.

February 16, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  2. Raynadawn

I think they are doing really good with this season for the most part. I mean yea it was kinda annoying dragging out the whole "sophia is missing" thing, and the 7th episode is by far the best of the season so far. I see alot of people complaining about "not enough zombie action" Its not just about the zombies i mean yea they're there, but its also about the people in the situation, and it shows how a zombie apocalypse would effect and change people over time. I kinda like the idea of it leaving the zombies in the background but still knowing they are there puts on the edge. Like honestly i wasnt expecting Sophia to turn up in the barn tonight. Shane flipping his wig? We all knew it would happen eventually. And just to point out something some people think that the people on the farm couldnt possibly be living normally not worrying about keeping watch. If you actually think about it, in a real life theres more people out in the cities, and generally less in the middle of no where. If a zombie outbreak were to happen would you want to be around more people or far out on a farm away from people? less people = less zombies. So yea i wouldnt be too worried about keeping watch constantly.

November 28, 2011 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sophia NOOOOOO!

Nooooooooo!

November 25, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ohmygodjohntravolta

Episode 7: "Pretty Much Dead Already"

Episode opens with Glenn revealing the presence of the walkers to the rest of the group, who promptly proceed to freak out. Maggie becomes angry with Glenn for not keeping the secret and ruins his hat in retribution. Dale gives Glenn his trademark hat as a replacement. Maggie later makes a plea to Hershel for the group to stay. She and Glenn also have an argument about the walkers, after which they eventually admit their feelings, kiss and make up.

Rick and Hershel argue, with Hershel demanding the group leave within a week. Rick uses the my-wife-is-pregnant card, but Hershel's not persuaded. Shane also wants the group to get the hell out of there because of the walkers in the barn, but Rick uses the same excuse to cool him down. However, Shane then becomes convinced that Lori's baby is his.

Dale takes off with Shane's guns to hide them in the swamp. Shane tracks him down and demands he give the guns back. Dale points his rifle at him and threatens to shoot. However, he backs down at the last moment, since he has no wish to become like Shane: he reveals that he knows Shane shot Otis and lied about what really happened. Shane heads back to the farm with the guns.

Hershel has Rick help him and Jimmy try to fish some walkers out of a nearby pit of quicksand and lead them into the barn with snare poles. He says the group can stay on the farm if they agree not to kill the walkers. They arrive at the farm about the same time Shane emerges from the swamp and hands out guns to other members of the group.

Shane sees the snared walkers and goes berserk. He yells at Rick and Hershel as they guide the walkers towards the barn, with the rest of the group and people in the farm looking on. He pulls his sidearm and unloads it in the chest of one of the walkers, demanding to know "Could someone who's alive just take that? Why is it still coming?" Hershel has no answer.

He finishes off the walker with a headshot, grabs a nearby pickaxe and breaks open the barn door. Walkers pour out, T-Dog, Daryl, Shane, Glenn, and Andrea form a line and open fire. Once the dust clears, one more walker emerges. Sophia. Rick finally steps up next to the others, pulls his six-shooter and kills Sophia with a shot to the head. End episode.

November 22, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Captain Crunchberry

I bet the real father of Lori's baby is Justin Bieber.....

November 22, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. walking

this season needs more walkers.!!!! andrea needs to be killed off cant stand her.

November 22, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. be quiet

I like just about everything about this season, except for Lori (annoying!) and the pregnancy story line. Give me a break on that ridiculous morning after pill thing. That pill prevents implantation of a fertilized egg if taken within 72 hours, it doesn't just magically induce a miscarriage! I especially loved the label: "Morning After Pill". Come ON.

November 22, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  8. Henry Hanks

Yes, to clarify the second half of this season returns in February, we are only halfway through it.

November 21, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. paper

It has become another crappy soap opera. Doubt ill watch next season. Itll just be GLEE reruns for me.

November 21, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Pliny

If they have another episode like last nights, they should rename the series "The Talking Dead".

Next week...barn burning.

November 21, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. lojenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EKjzxWMtcc&w=640&h=390]

November 21, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. mmmm

Im glad I missed it last night. It sounded like a lame-o episode.

November 21, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. forkington williams

That stinks. It wasnt the greatest season but alot of us will still miss it.

November 21, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jennifer

The could use her to make really good sandwiches for the Thanksgiving Holidays.

November 21, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jennifer

I bet sophia would be really good if cooked in a stew. Maybe some other survivors found her and were real hungry and cooked her up in a big black boiling pot with potatos and carrots and onions. Maybe they added a little garlic salt for flavoring. MMMMM I bet she woulda been yummy.

November 21, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Joe

I liked the first season, but this year isn't as good. The main thing bugging me is they come across this farmhouse in the middle of nowhere, and no one seems to be concerned about keeping a lookout for Zombies. It's just business as usual at the farm house.

November 21, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julieann

That has also driven my husband crazy every week since they've gotten to the farm.

November 22, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mark

So one more episode left, and it's a whole year before we can watch it again. How suck-o is that!!!! They should end these with a two hour finale. I like the idea that Sofia is in the barn (mentioned above) and Lori is about the dumbest bag of nails yet!!! If that were me in this situation, everyone old enough would be trained with a gun. They forget, this is the new world order and they have to deal with it. As far as Shane, he made a very decision to save lives. His and Carls. I only wish he shot Otis in the head instead. Walkers still would have eaten him. A good season so far, but I'm not sure it's better that season one. Should've brought the guy (forgot his name) and his son from "Days gone by" That actor was great! Merle also! OK fans, one more to go.

November 21, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Blah111

One more episode and then it is taking a break and will be back in early 2012

November 21, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  18. rachael

I hope Sophia does return and sad if she's a zombie. When will the other episodes come out? We enjoy watching the Walking Dead and all of my family get together to watch it.

November 21, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  19. zombies_suck

My god this season was boring. I fell asleep every time. They could have skipped right to the finally and I could have put all the pieces together. Lame plot, too much whining from the female camp and too few zombies. Cry babies don't exist in a post apocalyptic world...and this show misses the point.

November 21, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  20. Mike

Sophia's obviously in the barn, and is a zombie!

November 21, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • sarah

Sophia isn't in the barn,but I bet she is a walker and that is how they will end it....By having to shoot her

November 21, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Christine

This episode was rich & I loved it. I just think they're milking Sophia's disappearance and hope that all the build-up and focus on her comes to a satisfying conclusion. It'd be cool if she ends up being a walker and the crew leaves her in Hershel's barn when they hit the road.

November 21, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |