November 21st, 2011

Mila Kunis attends Marine Corps Ball

Dressed in black with a chic chignon, Mila Kunis kept her word to Sgt. Scott Moore and attended Friday's Marine Corps Ball in Greenville, North Carolina.

An enlisted Marine who was also in attendance tells People magazine that the 28-year-old star was "very nice and very respectful" at the event. "She gets credit and a lot of respect for coming here, not being a part of this world, and following through on her word."

The official Twitter account for the U.S. Marine Corps posted a photo of the two, and a spokesperson for the Marines added to Access Hollywood that "everything went well. It was a great experience for everybody."

In June, Sgt. Moore invited Kunis to the November 18 Marine Corps Ball via a video on YouTube, and after a healthy amount of confusion as to whether she'd go or not, Kunis confirmed at a press event that she was in fact attending.

"There's no need to applaud, it's nothing great," she said at the time of the excited reaction to her confirmation. "I accepted an invitation and I'm staying true to my word. I got permission to be released from work for the day, so I'm flying in and flying out."

Last weekend, Kunis' "Friends with Benefits" co-star Justin Timberlake also attended a Marine Corps Ball in Richmond, VA with Cpl. Kelsey de Santis. The 30-year-old actor wrote a blog post about the event, calling it a night he'll never forget.

He wrote, "To all of you that serve every day for us... Ensuring our freedom, I say: My deepest gratitude to you. I've met so many of my heroes, from Michael Jordan to Michael Jackson. And nothing makes me feel more honor and pride than when I get to meet one of you. Last night changed my life and I will never forget it."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Spartacus

OMG look at her

She was the last person I ever thought would do that to herself, she looks about 5 tons !!!

I cannot believe the lack of discipline, seriously, she looks like, well, a pig in that picture, like she's done nothing but drink smoke and eat, and a lot more eating at that since she finished what in my mind was the only performance worthy of an Oscar in the film Black Swan.

I just lad mad amounts of respect for this woman.

I am in a word, "disgusted" by her in that pic.

She looks like she has lost all self control.

December 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Rock

you just know she tastes good....gdi

November 23, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. smooth deuce

Man, i remember this one night in early autumn of '09. Me and the gf were wrapping up a late night of drinking at Mel's Drive in in LA, when who walks in but Milla friggin kunis. Man she looked fine. Kind of reminded me of a young Danny Glover. She walked right passed our booth and sat down at a four top with three chick friends, all of em smoking hot. Looked like a barber shop quartet of middle-aged Rex Harrisons. Anyway, long story short, I end up in the Lady's room with "the Koonz" just gettin to know one another, Willy Aimes style, if you know what I mean. Couple semen stainsm on the crotch of my jeans, you know the usual, then my gf walks in. That was one uncomfortable silence my friend. REAL uncomfortable.

November 21, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. carrieanne

I agree with Jacintha and Jim. Thank you to everyone in the Armed Services past present and future. We owe you all more than we are giving.

November 21, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Pliny

God bless Mila Kunis.

God bless the United States Marine Corps.

November 21, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. WantSun

That was very nice that she agreed to go with him to the Marine Corps Ball. But what would people have thought of her if she had said something like 'No- but thank you for your service to our country'? Would we really have let her say No?

November 21, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Brianne

While I appreciate this story, I think the caption to the photo needs to be corrected. It SHOULD read, "Marine takes Mila Kunis to Ball." He was the one who earned the right to attend, not her.

November 21, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jim

It's good to see at least some of these actors and actresses "gets it". Because Marine Stgt. Scott Moore does what he does, Mila Kunis can do what she does...

November 21, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jacintha

Ha ha! I agree with @Classy. America – land of the free because of the brave! Thank you, all soldiers for your service.

November 21, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Observer

The bigger question, is Did she put out?

November 21, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Classy

That's the kind of question that only a liberal stooge would ask.

November 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay

I was asking the same question to myself if so that guy is a pimp!

November 21, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. CNNreader

Shut up Meg! (Had to do it) Mila Kunis is great and glad she stayed true to her word. Thank you to our troops.

November 21, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |