Sheldon and Amy make it official on 'Big Bang Theory'
November 18th, 2011

Sheldon and Amy make it official on 'Big Bang Theory'

Thursday night's "Big Bang Theory" was a pretty momentous occasion for Sheldon, to say the least.

Our favorite geek now has his first girlfriend.

Amy forced the issue by accepting a date with Stuart, the comic book store clerk. As he said, "She didn't look through me with soul-sucking, ball-shriveling hatred and contempt. I like that in a woman."

When Amy got the surprising text from Stuart asking her out, Penny congratulated her for being a "little vixen. Just working it under all those layers of wool and polyester."

Amy, of course, was free to go on the date because, as Penny explained, "She doesn't have a boyfriend. She has a Sheldon."

Sheldon's reaction to this was to get jealous, while claiming he is not jealous at all. At one point, he even asked out Penny.

But, in the midst of Stuart's date with Amy, he made his big move. For Sheldon, this meant he asked her to be his girlfriend, and to abruptly leave, followed by camping out inside her apartment until she got back.

Sheldon then had Amy sign a relationship agreement, not unlike his roommate agreement with Leonard. The consequences of this ought to be very interesting (we already saw that she is legally obligated to take care of his "boo-boos and ouchies").

In the meantime, Leonard, Howard and Raj were all obsessed (to their chagrin) with a wild West-themed card game. It was a fun little subplot but nothing special, either.

There were many great moments in this episode, but one of my favorites was Penny's response to Sheldon's trademark "Penny" knocking: "Who do we love?"

What did you think of the episode? Do you think this is good progress for Sheldon and Amy, or are they headed for trouble? Post your thoughts on iReport or comment below.

1. Katherine

It's kind of weird now ... I do think the show is running out of ideas. I don't really like Amy and Sheldon as a couple because they don't really act natural and I don't want him to grow up yet! D:

February 10, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. megan

I only just recently got into this show. For some reason, it never appealed to me for years. Finally a few weeks ago I stumbled upon it and actually sat down to watch it since nothing else was on at the time. I've never looked back since! I can't believe I didn't watch this show from the start! It's my favorite comedy show on tv now!! And I even got my boyfriend to start watching it, and he absolutely loves it too! I love Sheldon! lol Always keeps me laughing! And Amy has been a great addition to the show! Her comments always have me on the floor in hysterics! Hopefully this show will stay awesome for a long time :)

December 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Great Show

Loved Sheldon as the "man/muppet" in the new Muppet movie. Laughed REALLY hard.

November 29, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. lee

love amy and sheldon it was one of the best shows , it going to be fun to see them grow

November 20, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. SIMON + SHELDON

Simon + Sheldon would have been hotter!!! They're soooo CUTE together!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owk-zZt1y04&w=640&h=390]

November 20, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • MissC

Yeah, hate to break it to you, but you are crossing the fandom with real life lol.

December 16, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Chris

Another great episode that shows Jim Parsons is the best comedy actor on television. I think the show needs to get Leonard and Penny back together and not go the "friends" route and drag it out until the end of the show like Rachel and Ross. And for love of god get Raj a girl, perhaps his best friends jewish cousin.

November 20, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. madhater

I never watched it. Sounds g@y.

November 20, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Rod in Dallas TX

Perhaps you should watch it before commenting. Otherwise, you have no idea what you are talking about.

December 16, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. radioactive redhead

I am surprised this show is still on the air.

November 19, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rod in Dallas TX

Why wouldn't it be? The actors and the show have been nominated for numerous awards and one actor from the show has won twice. It's a great show and very entertaining. Much funnier than 30 Rock or The Office.

December 16, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. natividad

I love every moment of Sheldon & Amy. I can't wait for their relationship to go deep in emotions and eventually maybe physical?? but I love every characters in the show.

November 19, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sarah

I loved this episode!
    What I lke the most is the Sheldon and Amy dynamic, I'm so glad the had introduced Amy to the show. The scene at the movie theater was both endearing and odd, and that complexity is what Iike about it.
    Looking forward to see how their particular relationship develops!

November 19, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  11. jose

I thought it was funny to see sheldon actually get jelaous, and like every one else i loved the part where she kept saying "who do we love?".... i think its great that they going on a new direction with the whole sheldon and amy characters, now we get to see a whole diferent side of dr. sheldon!!!

November 18, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tony

I thought it was great and you gotta love Penny. I'd like to see Sheldon and Amy kiss at least. Remember, coitus is off the table.

November 18, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Taylor

Hold up... Sheldon is mine, Amy can back off, they won't kiss or I'll have to do something that could bring me to jail.

February 8, 2012 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Allison

I too thought the best part was when Penny said, "Who do we love?" We were rolling on the couch laughing!

November 18, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. melanie burns

I love this show, its my crack! And my fav part of last nights show was penny's response "who do you love". I can watch this all day, and have been known to do so. I hope it stays on the air a long long time.

November 18, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  15. It was..

..K, not funny like it used to be. Running out of ideas I suppose

November 18, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |