GQ's 'Knockout of the Year'? Mila Kunis
November 17th, 2011

GQ's 'Knockout of the Year'? Mila Kunis

Sgt. Scott Moore didn't know this when he invited Mila Kunis to attend tomorrow's Marine Corps Ball with him over the summer, but it turns out he'll be attending the event with GQ's "Knockout of the Year."

The men's mag has bestowed the title on Kunis, whose "Friends with Benefits" co-star gets some love from GQ as one of the publication's "Men of the Year."

GQ outlines the reasons that the 28-year-old actress has landed this year's honor: She's "hot," "funny," "cool," "speaks fluent Russian," and is "a 'Family Guy' voice."

About that: Kunis tells GQ that she's not one to run around calling her theatrical offerings - such as being the voice of "Family Guy's" Meg - works of art.

"I love what I do, but my theory is that it's people who doubt what they do and want to prove it to you who are like, 'It's art. I create art. It's  art, art, art, art.'"

Kunis, on the other hand, "I run around and pretend to be someone else for 12 hours; I record 'Family Guy'; and then I get to go home and watch 'Jersey Shore.'"

So if she didn't get into the business to make "art," what was the reason? Easy: Her parents, having relocated the family from what is now the Ukraine to Los Angeles, needed a babysitter.

"My English was a little janky. I didn't have very many friends. And there was this place advertised on the radio as a place to meet other kids - an acting class," she recalls. "My parents couldn't afford a babysitter. They said, 'Great, this takes up our Saturday.'"

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Observer

No, no, no. It should be the T-Mobile girl.

November 18, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • smooth deuce

True. The T-Mobile girl is cute. But she always has a deuce falling from her deuce hole in those commercials. It sucks because otherwise she would be pretty attractive, but something about falling feces on national television just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, but the T Mobile girl would be a lot better looking if they stuck a diaper on her, at least for the few seconds they're filming TV commercials. Or some kind of feed bag or horse trough or something to catch the browness. Otherwise though, she's no bad. Just needs to work on the incontinence issue as it pertains to the continous squirts situation going on with her rear end. Know what I'm saying?

November 21, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Truth

These people are on crack. Grace Park, Zoe Saldana, Jennifer Aniston or Tania Gunadi are all WAY better than Kunis.

November 18, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. Guest

Robin Meade did a good job of reporting the ball would be in the wrong state this morning on HLN. Even when the soldier said in the video the Ball would be in Greenville North Carolina, Robin reported it would be held in South Carolina.

November 18, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. @0leg is crazy

Riahana on Esquire the real most beautiful in the world.Not that muff diving skany h*.

November 18, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  5. That girl

Mila, you are so gorgeous!! Well deserved :)

November 18, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  6. Guest

Shes hot,but I wish she was still 14

November 18, 2011 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. sarah S

That's pretty awesome. i've always really liked Mila Kunis.

November 17, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Evel Knievel

She looked beautiful when she was munching on Natalie Portman's rug in that ballet flick.

November 17, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • smooth deuce

True enough man. One of my favorite billy tunes. Well, either that and "scalding hot pipe in the poot shoot."

"Scalding hot pipe in the poop shoot/she's been looking for a downtown man/dick ecxzyma infecting her open wounds/That's what I am"

classic stuff man

November 21, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. OLEG

Her complexion is too dark. It makes her look like a ROMA.

November 17, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • TJ

And of course skin color that is too dark can't be beautiful. That would explain why we very rarely see any black people or anyone with a dark skin tone on these magazine covers.

November 17, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • OLEG IS CRAZY.

I am part gypsy and she doesn't look anything like a Roma, they are ethnic Indians. Her skin looks dark in the pic because everybody in America goes tanning. If you watched any of her films you would see her skin is totaly white. As for TJ i see black people on cover of mainstream magazines all the time but specially in Ebony and Black Women magazines! lol A black womans guide to what is hot now!

November 18, 2011 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
  10. alabama gal

Shes to little to be pretty. Men like a girl with some meat on her bones. Us Alabama girls eat lots of corn to keep ourselves big and fine lookin. We are corn fed gals.

November 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • smooth deuce

Yeah, just keep telling yourself that, honey! Don't let reality get in your way!

November 21, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. annette

No way. She isnt that pretty. Im way prettier than her. I won Lakedale Retirement Home Queen the last 2 years. I even have my own teeth.

November 17, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |