Trailer Park: Julia Roberts, Lily Collins in 'Mirror, Mirror'
November 16th, 2011

Trailer Park: Julia Roberts, Lily Collins in 'Mirror, Mirror'

The comparisons between the two "Snow White" movies dropping next year - Kristen Stewart/Charlize Theron's "Snow White and the Huntsman," and Tarsem Singh's "Mirror, Mirror" - are ramping up now that we have trailers to help us make our judgments.

As evidenced by the trailer released last week, "Snow White and the Huntsman" (directed by Rupert Sanders) has a more somber, suspenseful tone, whereas Singh's "Mirror, Mirror" aims for whimsy and humor.

Julia Roberts is the evil queen in this one, and obviously gets the best lines. She doesn't have "wrinkles," she has "crinkles," Snow White's hair "isn't black, it's raven," and "she's 18 years old and her skin has never seen the sun, so of course it's good." What are the odds this will be the kind of movie where you're actually on the side of the villain?

Roberts' royal is not just vain, she's also broke, which is why she sets her sights on marrying a dim but wealthy prince in order to take care of her financial problems. Lily Collins plays the fair princess that Armie Hammer's clueless prince falls for, and soon enough the queen banishes Snow White to the woods.

This turns her into the leader of a group of "bandits" (the familiar seven dwarfs) bent on destroying the queen's wedding day and reclaiming the kingdom.

Aside from the origin story, "Huntsman" and "Mirror, Mirror" really do look like two different films, but here's the trailer once more for "Huntsman":

"Mirror, Mirror" will bow first on March 16, 2012, followed by "Snow White and the Huntsman" on June 1. What's your verdict? Are you looking forward to both, or is one of these takes on the classic the fairest of them both?

Filed under: movies • Trailer Park

1. camera reviews

hi!,I really like your writing so much! share we keep in touch extra approximately your post on AOL? I need an expert on this space to resolve my problem. Maybe that is you! Having a look forward to see you.

July 30, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. lotto results saturday

I don't even know the way I finished up here, however I thought this submit was good. I don't recognize who you are however certainly you are going to a well-known blogger in case you are not already. Cheers!

July 30, 2012 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  3. compact digital camera review

I've been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Reading this info So i'm glad to convey that I have a very just right uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot indisputably will make certain to don?t omit this website and give it a look on a relentless basis.

July 30, 2012 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  4. Joking

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I'm inspired! Extremely helpful information particularly the ultimate section :) I care for such information a lot. I used to be seeking this certain info for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

July 25, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  5. bramj-soft

Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. This is a really well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your helpful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

July 25, 2012 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. backpack

hey there and thanks in your information ? I've certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did on the other hand experience several technical issues using this site, as I skilled to reload the web site lots of occasions previous to I could get it to load correctly. I have been wondering in case your web host is OK? Now not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading cases times will sometimes have an effect on your placement in google and can damage your high-quality rating if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am including this RSS to my e-mail and could glance out for much extra of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you replace this again very soon..

July 25, 2012 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  7. Wordpress syndicator

I was suggested this blog by means of my cousin. I am not certain whether this publish is written via him as nobody else recognise such specific approximately my problem. You're incredible! Thanks!

April 21, 2012 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  8. cell phone

I like the helpful information you supply for your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again right here regularly. I am quite certain I will learn a lot of new stuff proper here! Good luck for the next!

April 7, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. stiff back

I've read several just right stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot attempt you place to make this sort of excellent informative web site.

April 1, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Pete

The huntsman would have been great, however they cast a BAD actress in Stewart as Snow White. Really? Why do people think that she is such a good actress? She's terrible. She has the same emotions in each and every movie she does. that ridiculous stop and go with her lines and the "uh..Wha...". C'mon people. She SUCKS! I'm still going to see the movie though, because of Theron.

January 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Natalie

As a teenager (and putting this out there, i flipping h.a.t.e. Twilight) i have to say that snow white and the huntsmen looks more entertaining and more likely to hold an audience. the plot looks interesting but i suppose i shall have to suffer through stupid comments. *sigh*

January 24, 2012 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  12. invisicritic

At least Theron's accent remained consistent through the trailer, which is more than one can say for Roberts. Ms. Julia's film appears to be waste of a good Nathan Lane. As for SW&H, why bother? Another Burton-esque retake of a story Disney branded decades ago. Bor-ing!

January 12, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ben paulsen

3D brings new life to movies! I welcome all new movies in 3D. iPad 3 is called iPad 3D, but iPad earlier models can also play 3d movies. I found this how to guide:

Try this out! 3D movies on iPad is awsome!

January 5, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. halston lacey

If you want good movie and music ideas check ou http://ratemusicart.blogspot.com

December 24, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ladyofargonne

I'm going to see whichever one Julia Roberts is not in. Not only this movie. Any movie she's in. She's the Jennifer Aniston of whatever decade she's associated with.

December 17, 2011 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
  16. Moonstarr

UGH...I thought Julia Roberts permanently retired....damn. Both movies look stupid...full of cliches and predictable lines...b-o-r-i-n-g.

December 11, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  17. Andrea

I will definitely be seeing both at the theatre! I love Julia Roberts and Charlize Theron... Kristen Stewart not so much. I wish they would have found another actress for that part. But both movies appear to be entertaining!

December 7, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  18. Ron

No contest, hands down will be seeing Huntsman. Won't even bother with Mirror, Mirror. I need the action and you can never go wrong with Kristen Stewart. Plus Charlize Theron's version of the queen actually looks like an evil queen. Julia Roberts version looks like a spoiled rich brat. Huntsman all the way!

December 6, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristine

...can never go wrong with Kristen Stewart...WHAT? I don't know what Kristen Stewart you're talking about, but I hope you're not suggesting Kristen "Bella" Stewart is a good actress. Her face NEVER moves.

December 8, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Parker Lives

I concur with Kristine – Stewart is a BAD actress and is about as believable as the people who forecast the weather

January 26, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Luna

Can't stand Kristen Stewart so I won't be spending my hard earned money to watch Huntsman. Will go see Mirror, Mirror though, especially to see how Sebastian and Ronald from Pit Boss do.

December 5, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jamal

ooh you'd rather watch the disney wannable movie with ghoulia roberts in it? no taste, go kill youself before bad taste spreads to all..

December 6, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Astrid7659

I could not agree more with you.

December 9, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Anita

I'll probably watch both, but I really don't enjoy Kristin Stewart's acting, wish they had found another actress for that role. One definitely does not have the feel of being appropriate for ALL audiences...while the other can easily be a family film. We will probably go see "Mirror Mirror" as a family and await for the other to hit cable. Not paying money to watch Stewart chew on her lips the entire movie.

December 5, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Evilqueen620

Well, since I'm known as the Evil Queen, I am just as excited to see them both. And don't think for a minute that I won't be adding them to my Evil Queen collection when they are released for sale. Can't wait for either of them.

November 30, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Serenity

Between the two movies, Mirror Mirror looks too much like forced comedy to me. All of the lines are cheesy and the only thing it has going for it is great actors. A great actor can take the worst material and make it enjoyable, but it will still never be great. The original Snow White fairy tale, if anyone has even truly read it, stated that before Snow White was chased by the hunter, she lived a life of stealing. She was a thief, and very daring at that. In the end, she slew the Evil Queen but fell pray to a curse of neverending slumber. A last act of a beaten queen. And Prince Charming did not wake her up with a kiss. He took her body and laid it in a glass coffin so that he could peer upon her beauty until the end of his days. Not much of a happy ending, but then again back in those times, Happy Endings didn't happen.

And K-Stew is a very attractive woman but Charlize as the Queen will steal the show. And the trailer doesn't say Snow White IS the most beautiful, it says she will one day be the most beautiful.

November 30, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Leaf on the Wind

"Mirror Mirror" seems like a good movie for children, but personally, I refuse to see a movie that uses the "say hello to my little friend" line, as well as so many other cliches. Besides, Snow White was not written as a comedy. "Snow White and the Huntsman" looks much more interesting, in spite of Kristen Stewart (to me, she always seems annoyingly unhappy, like she's in constant pain - would it kill her to crack a smile?).

November 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Megan

Kristen Stewart is pretty, but Charlize will have to carry the heavy acting in Huntsman, especially based on Kristen's performance in Breaking Dawn. Wow, that movie was really boring. Mirror Mirror actually looks more entertaining just based on the casting. Lily Collins, Julia Roberts and Nathan Lane would make a great, hilarious movie, I think.

November 28, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pebbles Flintstone

I agree. Kristin Stewart is cute but she isn't a great actress. The Twilight movies have made her a household name but let's face it, any actress playing Bella would have become popular. She has the same expression in every movie, no matter the role. CT will carry the film, she's beautiful and she can act.

November 29, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Nelle

Sorry- the unibrow on Lily Collins just doesn't do it for me. Kristen Stewart is beautiful when all made up.

November 28, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Brooks

I think they both look good for a different set of people. Mirror, Mirror is more tongue-in-cheek for the tweens or adults who don't like violence while The Huntsman looks gritty and surreal with monsters and killing involved. Personally I will see The Hunstman in the theater becuase it looks visually amazing, but I will watch Mirror, Mirror at home.

November 28, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  27. Lynn

Mirror Mirror looks campy...not for me. Snow White and the Huntsman is darker and looks much more interesting. Charlize was a great pick for the evil queen!

November 26, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  28. Mara

Is it me, or are neither of these snow whites that pretty? The queens are prettier. I will probably see both though.

November 23, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
    • DJCowboy

The scene with Kristen Stewart walking in the woods makes her look really gorgeous, I think. Let's just hope she can put even just a little emotion into her acting

November 25, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • I'mSnowWhite

I think both girls are beautiful. What do you look like? Care to show a pic and compare???

December 2, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Yeah, it's you. Again.

January 29, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  29. David

Best not to remake a classic too seriously, otherwise, people will take you seriously. trying to outdo a classic is basically setting yourself up for failure, I think. Mirror, mirror looks more entertaining, but some the lines in the trailer are kinda cliche. doubt it's clever enough to be for adults.

November 23, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  30. Crissie

After falling in love with all of the actors and actresses from ABC's new series Once Upon a Time, I don't see either of these movies doing it for me. Ginnifer Goodwin is an amazing Snow White, Josh Dallas a perfect Prince Charming, and Lana Parrilla an phenomenal Evil Queen. I don't like the looks of any of these castings or story lines. Disappointed just by the trailers.

November 21, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
    • P.J.

Agree. Why is everyone hopping on the fairy tale bandwagon. Hollywood that hard up for film material?

November 28, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Kristen

When are we going to stop putting "say hello to my little friend" in movies and shows? It lost its appeal on me a long time ago

November 20, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Masud Chatim

there are a lot of my face in your eyes

November 18, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Me

Both movies hav excellent potentials to be great, and one things for sure, the Queens of both films are definately the fairest of them all.

November 18, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  34. Barry

Wait, when did Snow White become a warrior woman? I don't remember that in any version and yet here she is as a warrior in both versions.

November 17, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hey

Check out Once Upon a Time on Sunday nights, she's a Robinhood type in the flashback sequences. Pretty good switch up on the Disney version. Anyone wanting a different take on the fairy tales should also try Mercedes Lackey's Five Hundred Kingdoms series, for those that like to read.

December 9, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Onatah

I'm going to see both. One funny, lighthearted and snarky. The other mean, cruel, dark and dangerous. Love both Charlize and Julia – two different approaches to an old and well loved fairy tale.

November 17, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  36. ficklemookie

Wait..I'm confused.. How is it that Julia Roberts starts off with an autrocious british accent at the beginning of the preview and then suddenly gave up on it all together by the end?

November 17, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mance

I thought the same thing! Why don't the people who make the movie notice that? it is so obvious and annoying.

November 18, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJCowboy

It's pretty much like Kevin Costner in Robin Hood, except he didn't even attempt an English accent

November 25, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Educated

Skin unexposed to the sun is better than skin exposed because the sun damages and ages the skin. Hence, when a person is constantly tanning, their skin grows dark and leathery and sometimes gains freckles.

November 17, 2011 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
    • P.J.

Overly tanned skin tends to resemble a catcher's mitt after a few years. All those old broads with the bleached blonde hair and the leather faces, you don't look good, you look broken in. Guys too.

November 28, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  38. MWorthy

why is skin unexposed to the sun good?

November 17, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • StarbuckBSG

Skin unexposed to the sun was actually a sign of high class back in the day. The upper class had servants to do the chores outside and so wouldn't spend a great deal of time exposing themselves to the sun. That's actually why people back in the day used white powder to make their skin look even paler. White skin meant royalty!

November 19, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anise

Sun damage also causes wrinkles. If you sunbathe a lot, later in life your face looks like leather and you look 10 years older than you are. That's why so many stars today go with the spray-tan. It's less damaging...and undamaged skin is more beautiful skin.

November 19, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  39. jillmarie

I'd watch either- I'm a fan of Julia and CVharlize. Hard to imagine that these two stunning ladies are playing evil queens- and they are both prettier than the Snow Whites. Should be an interesing movie.

November 16, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  40. white zombie astro creep 2000

...if u leave bloggers would come back

November 16, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  41. ariel

I'd watch both, whether it's for kids or adults. "Snow White" is a classic and it'll be cool to see the different versions.

November 16, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  42. both..

..Will be more exciting then these blogs. Where is the bloggers on this sight ?

November 16, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

They aren't interested any more. Most of the people posting on CNN are idiots who think they are witty when they claim they would "do" a child, everyone "is ugly and/or stupid, has no talent, whatever dumb@$$ insult they can come up with. No real discussion, no interesting comments, just stupidity. It's not fun here anymore.

January 29, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Mel B

It looks like one is for the kids (Mirror, Mirror) and one is for the rest of us (The Huntsman). I don't see many parents taking their kids to a movie where the Queen croons "Lips like blood, hair like night, give me your heart my dear Snow White." Julia Roberts's Queen seems funny while Charlize Theron's Queen is evil and creepy.

November 16, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

The original story was not Disney material, I can you tell that. Go look up the original.

November 18, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jamal

Julia Roberts sux donkey balls. Cant stand lookin at her gap toothed giant stretched out lips, gag.

December 6, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |