Stephenie Meyer: Not a fan of the 'Twi-hard' name
November 16th, 2011

Stephenie Meyer: Not a fan of the 'Twi-hard' name

“Twilight” author Stephenie Meyer doesn’t like the name for the more devoted fans of her vampire series: Twi-hards.

"I don't really like 'Twi-hard.' It sounds awful," Meyer tells E! News in an interview.

But there’s another Twilight-related nickname she does enjoy. "I guess the Robstens are really funny to me," she says of the celeb couple name for “Twilight” leads Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. "You know, because they care so much about that relationship. It's just, I find it amusing."

So do we, Stephenie.

Robstens and Twi-hards will be in full effect this weekend as “Breaking Dawn” opens Friday, November 18. Superfans are so excited for the cinematic union of Edward and Bella that they've been spotted lining up for the movie in wedding gowns.

Soon "Twilight Saga" devotees will actually be able to wear K. Stew's "Breaking Dawn" dress: Designer Alfred Angelo is coming up with a replica of Bella's wedding gown. According to a press release, Twilight Bridal will debut at the end of the month.

1. mai hien di dong

I will be asked to do everything the best I think! Can read your blog with my own than I found too much difference! I admire you!
    mai hien di dong

June 26, 2012 at 4:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. can

I can certainly be back.

February 11, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lost

People will do anything to escape reality. Vampires?!

November 19, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. V

I read the books and also noticed how juvenile it sounded...her audience is definitely for the tweens. I didn't see chemistry between Bella and Edward and think it has a lot to do with either Stephanie Meyer's character or Kristen Stewart herself. I found 'Bella' to be moody, sullen, emotion-less and plain dull. I fail to see how both Edward and Jacob would fall madly in love with her. She always looked so miserable and terrified in the movies, so stiff and blah. Maybe I am missing something. But, between the first 3 books and the games she played with the emotions / heart of Edward and Jacob, if I were either of them I would have dumped her. Hopefully, this movie is better and captures what everyone 'thinks' is supposed to be relayed...True Love. I'm sorry...I just don't see it.

November 18, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • l

your right bella had no emotion or kristen edward should have dumped her and jacob should have married bella so edward can marry me

November 23, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  5. jamie

twilight was such a piece of crap.. but i did laugh my a** off when he started glittering in the sunlight.

November 18, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • ldr1217

u are a piece of crap u know what its twigeek fyi so shut ur mouth or else :(

November 23, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. Dave

It would have been a better series of movies if Blade was in it...buahahahahahaha...

November 18, 2011 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  7. Curious

Has anyone read any of these books. I've never read such poorly written books in my life. What a waste. Next question, saw about ten minutes of the first movie. There is absolutely no on screen chemistry between the two main characters, and we're supposed to believe their in an all consuming romance? Thank goodness I didn't have lunch, it wouldn't have stayed down.

November 17, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • l

yeah i read every word and seen every movie at midnight the point of the no chemistry is so in the movie it makes u curious thank you very much so if i every hear anything out of you again i swear Renee Graziono will be on you

November 23, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. Daphne

awww I'm so happy for young people to go and see this movie, they're so excited for it LOL I wish I loved anything as much as they love Twilight hahah

November 17, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jj

I assumed Twi-hard was a movie parody of Twilight and Die Hard. John McClane is back – with fangs!

November 17, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. WoopWoop

I fear for the marriage of any woman who loves Twilight enough to want Bella's wedding dress. Those books glorify the type of abusive, controlling relationship that have been frowned on since saddle shoes and bobby sox went out of style.

November 17, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dan

The entire Twi-2 Gays and Girl franchise needs to go away. Die, Vampies, die.

November 17, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  12. Nanders

Anyone who would buy a wedding dress based on seeing it in Twilight should not be getting married! Very lame and sad and something a 13 year old would dream about.

November 17, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. Dustin

I call them the harbinger of the end of human civilization (or maybe just the end of meeting sensible women). But what would I know?

November 17, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. steve

Twi-tarted instead?

November 17, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. Matt

Twi-hard sounds like a Twilight version of amateur *word I am sure censored at cnn that starts with a P* lmao!

November 17, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  16. mickey1313

Her writeing is terrable. If you are a fan, try reading HER favorite authors books, and see if you think she stile some of her ideas. Laurell K. Hamilton. My ex-told me yers said that she was her fav author in an interview, and Ive been reading her books for years, I give her a 10 and Myers a 1. Even Charline Harris is a better author and i give her a 3.

November 16, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Allie

At least she can spell..

November 17, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
    • ndlily

Actually her editors and proofreaders can spell. Her, not so sure.

November 17, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • mheyize

Don't knock someone else's writing until you've written a novel. I can safely say it is pretty hard to take an idea and make through to publishing.

November 17, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jacklyn

I cannot believe my eyes right now...You have the audacity to claim that Meyer cannot write. These books are marketed for a young adult audience and unless you fit into that category, the book is made to be read by those of a younger mind. I grew up with the Harry Potter books and when those ended I had the Twilight series. From one to the next it was great. The Twilight books, as I read them now, are an easy read. Not terrible at all. The movies, however, from the first two are just plain awful in their whimsical and poorly directed screen dramas. This new one is amazing, even though it is a part 1 of 2. So if you believe that her books are terrible, then that is your opinion, but next time form a more compelling argument; you make yourself look like a fool when you misspell and form opinions of others popular written words with asinine statements.

November 21, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • l

omg you say she cant write you write terrible i hate you

November 23, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Anomic Office Drone

Don't worry Stephanie Meyer, we don't really call them Twi-hards. We call them Twitards.

November 16, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • miss tang

I like that.

November 16, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • ldr1217

U ARE SO IMMATURE U WANT TO SAY THAT ABOUT ME THAT MEANS U JUST WANT A FIGHT WITH OVER A MILLION PEOPLE I KNOW THE CAST PERSONALLY THEY R SO NICE SO SHUT U FING MOUTH AND GUESS WHAT IF UR A GIRL TAYLOR LAUNTER WITH NO SHIRT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAH

November 22, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  18. lojenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWCGocD56Q&w=640&h=390]

November 16, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Funny Girl

Ha, Ha, Ha, Now that's some hilarious reporting! Why Not? Just as insane as Vampires and Werewolfs.... Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha...... You know you were thinking that....... ;)

November 17, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  19. Bhavin Nayan

In India, kirstew is a very popular dinner dish. We take cow manooer and cook it with potatoes and carrots. It is considered a great treat at the Festival of Bovineishu.

November 16, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  20. shirt

you meant A sammitch. them thangs are good sometimes. especially with peanut butter and strawberry jam. mmm-delicious.

November 16, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  21. ruben

Kirstew looks funny to me. But then im an sandwich.

November 16, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bookreader

You know this lady has so much negativity to fans – that bothers me- fanfic bothers her nicknames bother her – get over it. Unlike JK who is FLATTERED by people enjoying HP and fanfic this lady does not. I appreciate JK's humility and what Steph ? its not like you haven't made buku bucks off this

November 17, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |