Lifetime considers Casey Anthony movie
November 16th, 2011

Lifetime considers Casey Anthony movie

Lifetime has already tackled the controversial case of Amanda Knox and is working on a movie about Drew Peterson, so it's not much of a surprise that it would consider a movie based on Casey Anthony's headline-grabbing case.

We suggested as much in July, after Anthony was acquitted of murder and child abuse charges in relation to the death of her two-year-old daughter Caylee. Lifetime just seemed like an option for an Anthony movie to show up. At the time, the network didn't have anything in development.

Variety reports that Lifetime is now developing a potential TV movie that would be based on the memoir of Jeff Ashton, the attorney who prosecuted Anthony's case.

But, Lifetime has yet to give the TV movie the green light. In the meantime, Ashton's 336-page book arrived on shelves Tuesday.

Filed under: Books • television

1. Casey Anthony 7900td

never wins.

August 29, 2013 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  2. fonemarketta630pm

addicted to it....cannot stop

August 29, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Krishna Cotsis

Terrific capturing emotions in these!

August 29, 2013 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Deborah Threadgill

Shame on Life Time for allowing this movie, they have said they would never put on a movie regarding anything about Casey Anthony. I am very disappointed in Rob Lowe, I guess he needed money at a little girl who was killed by the hands of her Mother. I will not watch!!! Please no one support or watch this movie!

October 8, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chas Gerald

No need for revenge. Just sit back and wait. Those who hurt their own children WILL eventually screw up themselves and if we're lucky, God WILL let US watch!!! Now this WILL be the show of a LIFETIME to watch!!!

December 30, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. invisicritic

We all know Lifetime can only make three types of movie: woman-in-jep, woman-in-pain and the terrible femme fatale but must they run this one through their meat grinder? Either she's guilty which makes her the Fatale that got away with Murder or she's innocent which makes her Woman-In-Pain. Bor-ing! Much better would be the story of a district attorney forced to prosecute in murder trial with insufficient evidence because of pressure caused by relentless publicity. Now, There's a Tragedy.

January 12, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dorvell

Until now, I thought the only way a Casey Anthony movie would work on Lifetime would be if they somehow managed to make her and her mother out to be the poor innocent victims, and her father and brother out to be pure evil. Looks like they decided to show a little more variety! With that said, I'm not sure I'll watch it even if it is based on Jeff Ashton's book. I've seen and heard enough of that to last a... lifetime. LOL!

December 21, 2011 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. jordan

i think this is somthing that is good but it also somthing that isnt so everyone just deal with ur opionions and if u wnaa watch it watch it..if u dnt then dnt..not a big deal.

December 6, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  8. bony & sabrina

SORRYYYY!!!!!! WE want to read another COMICS , PINELLAS COUNTY : THE JURY FROM HELL....

November 19, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. bony & sabrina

Great!!! another reason to "LOVE HER TO DEATH", but we prefer to read a comics with this 2 clowns " BOZO & CASEY THE NANNY"

November 19, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  10. eb79

I've been predicting this for years...
    Hopefully karma will catch up with her. If she doesn't stay out of the spotlight, something will will happen eventually happen to her.

I'd say boycott every company that made any profits off of this case, but that would pretty much cover everyone in the media. The media is a bunch of moral-less greedy #$%!s.

November 17, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dee

I don't know why they would make a movie about this unless they intend to fry the bitoch this time.

November 17, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Onatah

I have, for a long time now, protested lifetime channel by not watching it, telling others why I don't watch it and I don't buy any product who's advertising includes "as seen on Lifetime channel". Use your consumer dollars to protest not sniping at one another on the internet.

November 17, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. vicky

Won't watch the movie for sure. Why do I want to torture myself by re-living the nightmare again?

November 17, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ToxicZebra

Get Linsey Lohan to play Casey anthony

November 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • eb79

i wouln't put lohan down to this level, but she'd probably play the part well

November 17, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jim

"Get up, come on get down with the sickness."

November 17, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  16. skinsrock

I don't think Casey would make money from this, this is the prosecuting attorney's story, not Casey Anthony's.

November 17, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • eb79

it still seems wrong for any media to profit from tragic events
      if they only covered positive news, that'd be biased and probably less than half truth. i know it's their job to report news, and controversial news is what sales, but they could maybe try to level it out a little bit... i don't think i could live with myself over any profits related to a child's death

November 17, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  17. beenz

Actually, if the show brings in good ratings, they will turn it into a reality show starring Casey and Amanda Knox. They're going to call it '2 Killer Girls'

November 17, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Margaret

after all these complaints .... there will be people who'll watch it...i would not give this movie the time of day.

November 17, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. me

I will never again be a patron of Lifetime channel, if they do this!

November 17, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  20. WhoCares

Get Maggie Siff (Tara from SOA) to play her... dead ringer

November 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Susie Q

I watched every minute of the trial. I would not watch any movie about her. The only thing I want to see about her is her OBITUARY !

November 17, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

I'm willing to bet you die first.Perhaps if you live in the same city she will read yours.

November 17, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Playjojo

Gee, no one saw this coming.

November 17, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  23. American Way

These Lifetime movies serve as outcome studies of families troubled by Denial and Addictions.Just like the wild and whacky celebrity stories aired daily, the media is fascinated with high profile addiction behavior cases but rarely recognize it as such or provide quality journalistic reporting of these addictions as the primary contribution to the sad and highly predictable outcomes. Our modern systems including our media systems need rehab as shared in the book, "Analyzing Monsters".

November 17, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  24. desidude

I hope they cast Jack Black as Jose Baez in his avatar as "Nacho Libre". It will be so cool!

November 17, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  25. ron

I WON"T be watching. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON I know, will be watching. Let the (expletive deleted), crawl back under her rock. I'll seriously have to reconsider to watch ANY of Lifetime's programming, if they put this tripe on their channel!!!

November 17, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

You a loner then? Don't get out much or have any friends? How are you gonna keep people you know from watching?

November 17, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Rob Moore

WHY?????

November 17, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  27. dAN

LIFETIME should be Boycotted and ashamed!!

November 17, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  28. stgolfer

If I have to pay for 3D glasses I'm not watching it!

November 17, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  29. hoser

Lifetime has become Lifeless.

November 17, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  30. Dustin

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

November 17, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  31. bubba

The bottom line is, if people would stop watching these movies, the film makers would stop making them.

November 17, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  32. ROSALITA

WHY would ANYONE want to enable this woman to make money off of the terrible tragedy..RIDICULOUS

November 17, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  33. Crustytunaboat

Lifetime always makes these kinds of movies. They don't pay anybody. It's not like you'd need to pay Casey to tell the story – we all know the story. Get over it people. We know she murdered her child in some form but she was found innocent and it's time to move on. She isn't getting rich relax.

November 17, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

I just love how people come on the sights and say they "know" when they don't actually "know" S h@#

November 17, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Jim

I generally watch Lifetime, I thought that the Client List was good the woman had good reason at the time but a Casey Anthony movie. Is it going to show or allude to Baez banging her just look at the smirk on his face and you know. I am not going to watch this movie. She murdered her baby and threw her out like garbage. I am willing to bet the jury got some unexpected cash to pervert justice for that innocent child.

November 17, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  35. erich2112x

I fly a lot and when kids act up on the plane, i'll tell them the story of Caylee Anthony and how she misbehaved on planes.. Infuriates the hell out of the parents but sometimes I'm just too tired to care.

November 17, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  36. Drew Hutchinson

If they make this movie and get someone to play her. If should be Rooney Mara from Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

November 17, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  37. Peter

silly fools....racism is not a food

November 17, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  38. meh

sorry but the funding dried up in favor of LiLo's cartoon

November 17, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  39. CranstonLamont

It would be interesting to see who they end up getting to play Caycee. Maybe if Anna Kendrick's agent slipped her the contract in the midst of a whole bunch of other papers . . .

(Reality check: I strongly doubt if Anna Kendrick or any other reputable actress would be caught dead accepting this role. It will probably go to someone obscure and desperate who will ruin her career at the outset by accepting.)

November 17, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  40. Anne

Who cares? We already know the story, so why waste our money going to see it? Anthony sat in jail for 3 yrs. thinking up lies to get herself off. Must have worked because B$llsh&t is walking now. Why line the pockets of a murderess?

November 17, 2011 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  41. Raine

I think we've ALREADY seen the "movie" on Nancy Grace/Jane Velez Mitchell/Vinnie Politano/Dr Drew/ Joy B etc etc etc....like everything else...it's for the MONEY...
    The TRUTH is still not out there, HOW died Caylee die? We each have our own opinions, but Casey is keeping her mouth shut......for once in her life...

November 17, 2011 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  42. Kris

SHAME ON YOU LIFETIME! Even if Casey does not profit from this, you will. By doing so, you no longer have my support on your network....this is an outrageous decision and it shows the kind of network you truly are1

November 17, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  43. Mike

Tracey Gold has been working up to this role for the past 10 years. Go Tracey !!!!!

November 17, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  44. theresa

cassie anthony suck ass. she terrible lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 17, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
    • @ theresa

How you failed to spell her name right is beyond me, even after the headline shows you how...

November 17, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

Either you are like 5 or 6yrs old or you have a very severe learning disability.

November 17, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  45. GennyMac

I love Lifetime Movies – but will boycott the show, and write to every single advertiser who pays for air time during a movie about Casey Anthony and boycott them as well. I will make it my personal project to ensure that all my neighbors, friends, and family write to each advertiser and boycot their products for the same reason. There is absolutely no way in heaven this piece of trash should be allowed to make one red cent off of her baby's death and the circus of that trial. No way will i let me or any of mine support it in any way shape form or fashion.

November 17, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  46. NM

PLEASE don't glamorize Caylee's death by making a movie. That's just so WRONG!!!

November 17, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  47. wyciwyg

NO NO NO!!! do not give that individual any more publicity! she thrives on it. she should NOT be memorialized by a movie.

LIFETIME , this project is counter to the family values you're supposedly protraying on this channel. SHAME ON YOU

November 17, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  48. B.A.

Lifetime just continues to see how far below sea level they can push the bar. Even if they don't do it, they are a low quality, even disgusting channel.

November 16, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Joe

Cancel my subscription to Lifetime. Simple as that.

November 16, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Pee Wee Marquez

can i buy tickets now? Will Casey play a horse racing jockey or will she be the horse in the movie?

November 16, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Kareen

Please no movie about this baby killer and her sleazy lawyers .
    We have seen enough

November 16, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Lacey1993

As long as Casey or his blood sucking lawyers don't get a penny for this movie and if lifetime shows us that Xasey was guilty and did kill her baby and tried to frame her dad, I would watch it. But not if the movie portrays her as an innocent person. No way!!!!! I hate this baby killer. Dr. Phil had a jerk on in the audience who loves Casey and believes she is good and loving and innocent. Demented!!!

November 16, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  53. John

Actress Fariuza Balk looks very much like Casey Anthony.

November 16, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Yes, she does, poor thing. What a curse to have to walk this earth being mistaken for Casey!

November 16, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmyzbo

True, but they'll probably get Kristen Stewart to do it. Or they should. She appears to be more of a sociopath during her interviews.

November 16, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  54. smokingred

I will not watch lifetime or lmn if they make this movie about the trail of casey anthony her daughter is deceased and i think out of respect for caylee let her soul rest in peace and do not give casey on more publicity she does not deserve it.....

November 16, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  55. me

FYI – Casey is probably reading our comments. Writing something here is as good as talking to her.

Remember one thing Casey: God knows the truth.

November 16, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

You really think Casey believes in God? Wait, she is evil and of Satan, and Satan believes in God. So yes, she probably does. Just remember though, the Bible predicts Satan will be defeated in the end.

November 16, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ me

Trying to start a debate, aren't we, troll?

November 17, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  56. Al

Even if its based on Ashton's book casey will make some money off of this. You just can't make a movie about a real life person without their consent. Name rights, casey could actually sue lifetime for defemation if she's put into a bad light which we know will happen. She'll make something even if its small.

November 16, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Zack

TO ALL THE DRONES OUT THERE WHO CANNOT READ!!! THE PROSECUTOR THAT LOST THE CASE WROTE THE BOOK THAT A MOVIE IS BEING MADE FROM. CASEY ISNT GETTING A DIME! WE HAVENT HEARD WORD ONE FROM THE DEFENSE SINCE THE CASE ENDED, HAVE WE? EVERYTHING WEVE HEARD IS FROM ASHTON. LEARN TO READ DURRRRRRR!!!!

November 16, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  58. GastenB

Even if C.A. herself isn't set to make a dime off the movie, I hope Lifetime decides against making it. The reason? It would please that narcissist to no end just to know there is a movie about her being made. Plus it would be an injustice to the memory of Caylee. The 12 geniuses made their decision and we have to live with it. Let's just not make her into more of a celebrity over it. A true punishment for a narcissist is to be isolated and forgotten. Let that be her punishment forever.

November 16, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  59. carmy

I hope they change the ending and she gets it right between the eyes!

November 16, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  60. DUHH

Can you MORONS even read? It says Ashton's memoir, "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony," chronicles the three-year period he and his team tried to convict Anthony, and the film would let the story of the murder case unfold from their perspective.
    Now do you understand SHE is not going to profit!!!
    IDIOTS

November 16, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  61. nona 2

I think Jessica Biel should play her part.

November 16, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Fifi

A movie, why not a TV series. After all, I am sure there are plenty of moms who don't report their children missing after 30 days. (being sarcastic) I wonder if the jury (in their backgroud left their kids alone for more than 30 days) did not report their children missing after a period of time. makes me wonder. My son was missing for 3 minutes and I went nuts. His father was standing behind me. Maybe I was wrong to panic -should have waited 30 days and catch up on my sleep and party like an animal and tatoo buena vida. Damm I must have missed someting Too bad he's 30 year old now.

November 16, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

You're son went missing for the 3 min and you went nuts? I feel sad for him.He probably moved as far from you as possible by now.

November 17, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  63. MINX

Rest in peace, Caylee – soar with the angels.

November 16, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Howard

Under American law, you're innocent until proven guilty. The prosecutor, in the view of the jury, failed to prove Casey Anthony guilty.

I think there's something fundamentally wrong with a justice system that allows an unsuccessful prosecutor to continue to try the case in the court of public opinion (via the bookstores) even after the defendant was acquitted.

November 16, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

Bitterness and public humiliation over having lost a case to the supposedly inept defense attorney has forced him to come up with a tale to try and get some dignity back.The public (being what it is) will eat it up. However he still comes out as a loser.

November 17, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Namaste

It is beyond reprehensible that LMN would give any face time to that nacicistic lying piece of refuse. Why would anyone want to watch anything about her? Remember Caylee, forget Casey.

November 16, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Strahd

Mmm, Casey Anthony, you are my smoking hot goddess. I cheered with glee as you were acquitted, knowing I could never pursue my dark lust for you inside prison walls. Come to me, my darliing, together we shall have another child, and if we get tired of that one, well, accidents do happen.

November 16, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

"Come here Strahd.Time to take your meds." said the man in the white coat.

November 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  67. jane

Wow, a movie.. Really? Never saw that coming! NOT!

November 16, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  68. MINX

I followed as much of the trial and news reports that I could – I was somewhat consumed, I must admit. I was really broken-hearted with the acquittal and the fact that it will always stand. It took weeks/months to come to terms with the fact that there even was an acquittal. I'm not sure if I will watch the movie.

November 16, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  69. c a illinois

i think reality shows and movies about sickos like anthony and peterson are not worth changing the channel for...

November 16, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  70. j

Some of you are as dumb as a box of rocks. Acquitted does NOT mean, I repeat NOT mean she is innocent. I believe Casey Anthony killed Caylee and I believe that there were somw jurors anxious to light fireworks so the 2 that caved into saying not guilty are cowards for caving- I would have been the cause of a hung jury if I were a juror. And no we can NOT let it go- a baby was killed. If she didnt do it (all the evidence shows she did) then why are they letting it go?

November 16, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Al

No none of the evidence shows that.

November 16, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

If you cannot let it go then please stop wasting air by trying to think with an emtpy skull and breathing.

November 17, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Loren

If they're going to do it, this is the right way, because no way should it be told from her point of view.

November 16, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Anonymous

There has to be better subject matter than this for a TV movie. I hope that Lifetime reconsiders. If you watched/listened to the trial when it was happening, there was enough "drama" and we don't need any more of it from the Casey Family. Let little Caylee Rest in Peace, for pete's sake.

November 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  73. TF

It might be from his book POV and the movie might be the same but they must give her money to be able to use her name in the movie.. and right now there is a hefty price for that.. So.. the same i might buy the book but .. will block Lifetime on TV..

November 16, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  74. the sickness . disturbed

I just heard that the girl that accused justin b is dropping the case/sue. As 4 this girl. i think she killed her child.

November 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  75. justlaughin

Anyone who says they will not buy look watch or anything casey anthony related is a liar!!!! You came here to read the article that has sponsers and guess what $$$$ was made of of casey anthony

November 16, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  76. chris

it's based on the book from the PROSECUTOR!! not from casey anthony. please read the story people

November 16, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  77. justlaughin

Can't anyone read??? It would be from Jeff Ashtons pov not Caseys!!!!also for a lot of people who "don't care" about casey anthony you spend a lot of time saying your opinion about her...good or bad you do care and 99% will watch anything about her so you can say how much you loathe her

November 16, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  78. MILF

Need I say more?

November 16, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Vickie

I can promise you I will not be watching!

November 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Oof oof

I followed the trial and there was no doubt in my mind this horrible woman killed her child and then tried to put the blame on anyone, including her father. If she ends up making money in addition of walking free, there is no justice in the world. I will support Ashton's book and the movie only if she makes ZERO dollars.

November 16, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

I followed the trial and saw no credible evidence that she did anything to harm her daughter. I think this unjustly persecuted woman deserves all the monetary compensation she can get.

November 17, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  81. tcp

HOT HOT HOT! When is Hef gonna' offer her money?

November 16, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • GastenB

NOT NOT NOT HOT! By the way, Hef has already proven to have lost his mind (and sight) by his recent decision to choose a centerfold spread of (gag) Lindsay Lohan.

November 16, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

Speaking of lost sight GastenB. Perhaps it is time to get prescription eye glasses for yourself.

November 17, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Steve

Bad idea, don't be a douchbag and give this douchbag anymore attention.

November 16, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  83. tcp

You don't speak for me! I'll watch it...TWICE!

November 16, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • GennyMac

and allow this woman make money off of the death of her baby...........a death she knew about and tried to cover up, a death she actively tried to push off on her own father just to save her own neck? You would watch that trash?

November 17, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

Yes i would Gennymac. None of your accusations are proven just hearsay and opinion. Matter of fact, I think I will TVo it just so I can watch it whenever I want.

November 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  84. TF

I, for one will not watch, buy or look anythng casey Anthony related. We all know she did it. even the jury knows. Why should she be paid for killing her daughter. Her book coming out should not be a "tell all book" prob could just name it "If I did it" oh wait that is taken. I think it is sad that this girl will make any amount of money or fame off the death of her daughter.. very very sad.. Like I said.. we all know she did it, the jury knows she did..

November 16, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • tf

and on that same note. If your found guity of lie to the police about ur missing dead daughter. and you made of tons of lies about that trying to distract police and such.... how you found inocent of her murder when u lied about it in the first place..

November 16, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

I know no such thing and neither do you or anyone else making that stupid comment.

November 17, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  85. EDJ

Boycott Lifetime and any products/services offered by the advertisers during this movie, if it's ever aired.

November 16, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

Yep that worked well with the Dr. Phil show.Face it there are not that many of you nutcases out there to make a difference.

November 17, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Nana

OMG!!! For all of us that watched this unfold....NO, NO, NO!! I will not watch it and for God's sake....don't give Casey the attention/recognition etal. There was no justice for Caylee...Bury Casey

November 16, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  87. CJ

I don't want a movie made because I don't think Casey Anthony deserves any more attention than she has already been given. Therefore, I won't watch the movie. If others want to watch so be it.

November 16, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Sheezee

I am a Lifetime Movie Network and Lifetime addict. If the network proceeds with this, I will NEVER watch anything on either channel again. Period. I hope executives from the network are reading these comments.

November 16, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • tcp

Um...yes you will and no they aren't.

November 16, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

Yep.They are having an emergency meeting now to decide if they should disappoint there 1 viewer addict.

November 17, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Muhammad

Casey Anthony is my love. Nobody should say bad things about her. She is an angel, and her child was an omen. She is a free woman now. Have fun, go party, you're still young, and screw your haters.

November 16, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Catherine

I agree with you Mohamed, I beleive her father molisted the baby and killed her as he was molisting his daughter.

November 16, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Tony

OJ didn't do it, Casey didn't do it and I can fly by flapping my arms.

November 16, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Pearl

"I Played Casey Anthony" is not something I would want on my acting resume....

November 16, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  92. me

I would watch it is see if any other leads/suspects were ever followed or if the prosecutor had always sought Casey out for this crime. I don't know if she did or did not do it, but it would be interesting to see how the case was developed and why they wanted to go for all or nothing with the death penalty. I personally think they might have gotten a conviction for a lessor charge that did not include the death penalty and by going for it all, they gave it away.

November 16, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Kristi

This prosecutor is a vulture. He couldn't wait to retire to make a wad off of his book. Everyone involved with this case except the child victim should be ashamed of themselves for cashing in!

November 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • GastenB

Are you kidding?? Jeff Ashton in my opinion deserves every penny off this book. He worked his butt off for three years to get this psycho put away for her crime. I'm sure he was as stunned as the nation was at the verdict. He must have felt sick at heart over it after putting his blood sweat and tears into it. Writing this book was probably also a catharsis for him. I don't begrudge him one bit any profit he makes off it. He more than deserves it!

November 16, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

Blood money is blood money no matter who profits.

November 17, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Kornelia

I can now cross that station off my list! This is sick!!!

November 16, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Interested

It's funny how mad some of you people are about this still.

November 16, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

That's because when people are outraged by something as horrendous as what Casey did, it is pretty hard to forget. I would equate it on the level of the O.J. Simpson murders–not something you read or hear about everyday. And about as heinous as it gets. So yes, people are still angry.

November 17, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  96. TPF

We lived thru this person getting away with killing her own child. We don't need a movie about it. She is a murderer that got off and will never ever be able to live her life out in the open again. Ever. If she comes out in the open someone is going to do to her what she did to her daughter. It's just matter of time!

November 16, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  97. ANN

A NEW LOW FOR LAMETIME TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 16, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Tammy

Let's face it.. People WILL watch , they have been fascinated with the story for years. The lies this woman told alone are more than most people could conjur up. If Ashton wants to tell his story he should.. I doubt the jurors would have the balls to because to admit you were blindsided by the lies as well would be.. a shame. Her parents can't agree on what happened so that won't sell.. the court proceedings were as close to factual events that we saw.
    Casey will NEVER convince me, she didn't kill her daughter. So let her roam the streets for the rest of her life they will point and stare.. she got off easy.
    Caylee death as tragic as it was will change laws.. Parents who don't report their kids missing , their deaths, the neglect all of that will be noticed hopefully by each of us who saw what happened to Caylee.

November 16, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristi

Don't think they were blindsided by lies, just a lack of evidence. Hope this inept prosecutor mentions that in his memoir.

November 16, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Roadsniper

This is not about diong your mother maybe i should your mother low life,,,, this is about a little girl that died at the hands of her mother

November 16, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  100. mfx3

Who will play the role of "token evil man" ?

November 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Kathy

Looks like there will never be justice for Caylee. I am not interested in watching a movie identifying how she got away with a crime. She should be ashamed of herself, but then she doesn't appear to be a person who has a conscience.

November 16, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Steve-O

And in the role of Casey Anthony: Amanda Knox.

November 16, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  103. R.L.

It is not Casey who would be benefiting from this, it would be the losing prosecutor who didn't do his job and get the murderer convicted.

November 16, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Cathy O'Dell

Bad idea all around. We had enough of her and the Dumb and Dumber jury trial.

November 16, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

No we haven't as evidenced by the fact that we keep coming to these sites to state our opinions.

November 17, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Roadsniper

Empowered means many things. But this little girl who lost her life to this woman of power over her daughter by the man who knocked her up, a small number of women out think that being pregnant and delivery the world owes it something . The first mistake was her getting pregnant . She went out of wack after delivery . Which happens regularly. May they should do a movie just on the mother but showing the father with a condom s doubled up and the end at that scene

November 16, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  106. liese

Please, no....have mercy on the public already

November 16, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Roadsniper

Remember who you voted for to send it all to china!!!! Is this forum not in support of a small little girl?

November 16, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  108. edria

I dont think there should be a movie over this! That baby went through hell and her mother gets away with it! If shes not gulty of murder how about leaveing ur child and not calling to report her missing for 30 dame days! She is a crapy mother and person! God will give her what she needs and that is an internity in hell! :)

November 16, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

If you believe in hell edria then know that you will be right there with her.God said "Judge not lest ye be judged." See ya there.

November 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Roadsniper

Thanks tom some people think they can bend society by changing words to there gain . Some people do not know the word no .

November 16, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  110. rofl

This just helps show how much more important money is then anything else in this world. I bet all of these middle aged single woman watching lifetime actually believe they are empowered. Haha.

November 16, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Roadsniper

Now profit should be made on the death of a child. Can you not read yourself????

November 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Elizabeth

If Lifetime gives this killer any additional publicity by filming a movie, I will never watch that channel again. Why would they want to profit from the death of a little girl who's killer was set free...disgusting!!!

November 16, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  113. lonzo

I don't think he should make any money either. We trusted him to provide the evidence that that devil of a woman killed that helpless child a child that gave unconditional love to a mother who was suppose to protect her with her own life. He's in the movie deal to make up the money he lost trying this case.

November 16, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Caylee Anthony's rotting corpse

Boycot Lifetime AND any company that sponsors this trash.

November 16, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • kay

Ain't gonna happen. No one believes or practices the all American art of boycotting anymore. If they did, we wouldn't be in this financial mess with China and all the lead junk they send over for us to buy.

November 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

Why? She will not profit and we may learn some things that could not be brought out at trial.

November 16, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

If her name is anywhere in the movie of course she will profit.

November 17, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Roadsniper

I went to high school with somebody that murdered to young ladys and dumped ther mangled bodies near to schools. After the 1st muerder every one knew that he did it. We gave every thing up to the law so it would not happen again. Not to long down the road he found a second victim now shes dead, i went to school with both girls. Did the law do there job? No they did not. So now lets let the beast feed [monster feed] and we can catch him what does that do to make you lol??

November 16, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Total Confusion

I really don't think you got past the freshman year of high school. You not only can't comprehend the article, but you can't spell either.

November 16, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

nor can he write a coherent sentence.

November 17, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Carol C

Make the movie as long as Casey Anthony gets NO MONEY and this is Ashton's account from his memoir, "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony", we may learn how this went so wrong. It would be an abomination if Casey benefited in anyway.

November 16, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  117. CJ

It really frosts me that they would even consider giving her the time of day and sensationalizing what happened. I for one would not watch it and have never watch any movie they have done regarding this sort of thing.

November 16, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Anon

She killed her daughter and got away with it? We better make a movie out of this!
    Pathetic garbage from hollywood as always.

November 16, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Neece

I pray she's not profiting from this. That just wouldn't be right.

November 16, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Roadsniper

Isnt this what is called murder for profit?

November 16, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Joe

lol

November 16, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Roadsniper

The law enforcment did do there job remember the people where given power by those voted in, so yes they did do there job the innocent are guilty ,,,, the guilty innocent!!!!! This is our system we live it every day. There are monsters walking amongst us 24 7 i will not get used to it and neither should you...

November 16, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  123. TXCinderella

I will watch the movie as long as I know it is based on Jeff Ashton's book and Casey or the Anthonys will get none of the money.

November 16, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

That will be fine as lang as they keep Casey's or any of the Anthony's names out of the movie.Otherwise there is no movie without permission and compensation.

November 17, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Sarah

I hope they do make this movie. I watched every day of Casey's trial and am still amazed at the verdict. Jeff Ashton was on the news this morning giving an interview about his book and I promptly went to Amazon to purchase it. I think there was information the DA's office could not share during the trial and he's now free to provide us with more insight. That said, I would be extremely upset if Lifetime were considering making this movie from Casey's point of view. She's free to live her life and that's more compensation than can ever be justified for murdering her daughter.

November 16, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • GennyMac

I agree totally. I spent 3 years following every single news thread, tip, interview, lead, and geographic scans as possible. I read every single piece of evidence released, read all the science data reports, transcripts of reports and then went back and read the summaries provided by the experts to the court. I watched every single day of the trial, never missed a step of it.

As long as any movie comes from Jeff, or the prosecution team's perspective

November 17, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Joe

Opinion's are like butts, everyone has one. The cops should have done their homework.

November 16, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  126. just someone when sense

Did anyone of you even read the article? Or did you just click on it so that you could comment on how bad it is that casey anthony is making money off this. If any of you read the article, you would see that it is going to be based off the book written by the prosecuting attorney about the casey anthony case, which means that HE will be making the money NOT casey anthony. Honestly read before you post.

November 16, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Roadsniper

Maybe she should host snl [should not live] how could any body live so easily day to day after breaching the childs safety

November 16, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Rebbeca

Lifetime should be ashamed of even thinking of making this movie. A massive Boycott should be held for this disgusting display of greed!

November 16, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Dani

Aquitted means she hasn't been proven to have killed her daughter. That doesn't make her innocent, that makes her not proven to be legally guilty, and only innocent in legal terms.

November 16, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Rob

America loves criminals... the worst they are the better.
    Crime does not pay... yeah right.

November 16, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Roadsniper

How is that whole thing racist? This is about the murder of a child how is that racist?

November 16, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubbles

I know its going to sound racist, but I think the person is talking about how her being whitr helped her into the verdict she got. Also if she would of been another race she probably would of been found guilty.

November 16, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Roadsniper

Hi mary this is roadsniper, thank you for the support, i would never support a movie with her in it . I protect my daughters like crazy as a single father, and she could not keep her one daughter safe? It makes me sick to see this woman profit on the death of her little girl . It should be made law that no person suspected and or aquited of murder to be able to profit. Especially the death of children ,even after death its exploitation!!!!

November 16, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • funny

Re-read what you wrote and understand how stupid that sounds!

November 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • rtg

Please read the article before posting. Casey did not sell this story, this is from the prosecutor, not Casey, hence she will make no money at all from it. Why can't people try to comprehend an article before posting on it????

November 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.Rose

How biased can you possibly be? You think that if someone is AQUITTED OR "SUSPECTED" OF A CRIME SHOULD NOT PROFIT OFF WRITING A BOOK? This just shows your utter bias and unwillingnes to accept a not guilty verdict because YOU BELIEVE she is guilty. Now that you can see from other's comments (because apparently your reading comprehension is a biased as you are) that CASEY is not the one who wrote this book and it was the prosecutor who is profiting off the case.....do you think there should be a "law" that states NO ONE CAN WRITE A BOOK ABOUT A CRIMINAL CASE....EVEN IF THEY AGREE WITH YOU? UNBELIEVABLY STUPID!

November 17, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

Why can't people understand that if a movie is made about her she will be compensated for it or there can be no movie about her without her permission.

November 17, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  133. nino howell

Ok this whole casey anthony situation is absolutely racisct!I'd literaly slap the hell out of her

November 16, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Regina

Acquiited means she couldnt be proven to have done it, no that she didnt do it. OJ was acquitted...

November 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  135. jobe

She should pose for playboy..

November 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  136. tracie

Casey Anthony should host SNL. She's hilarious!

November 16, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Roadsniper

Hey stacy, how do you know that she did not kill her daughter? The system is far from perfect. Now if law enforcement where to work there magic and do there dirty deeds to insure her guilt, than you would support that to would you not?

November 16, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

She doesn't know if she did or didn't and neither do you moron.

November 17, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Mary Davis

Dear Casey, No one with any good moral sense wants to see a movie about your life. If you had led the kind of life you should
    have, your precious little daughter would still be here. She was an absolutely lovely child. She did not deserve to die in such a
    cold and callus way. Your little girl rests in the arms of God now. She can never know anymore of the abuse she endured in her
    short little life. God blessed you and gave responsibility of her to you. You will stand before God one day and he will give you a
    chance to explain WHY Caylee had to endure such abuse and die the way she did. That was the height of cruelty, wasn't it????

November 16, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • KevinT

Casey won't get any of the money, Ashton will. You know the lawyer that blew the case

November 16, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • SeanNJ

Dear Mary Davis,

If being with your god is better than this life, then I would think that Casey did her daughter a favor.

November 16, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

And dear Mary Davis. You too will stand before God and try to explain why you think it is alright to judge others.

November 17, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  139. S L

I hope everyone boycotts the movie and Lifetime for being so crass as to even consider such a movie. Why would anyone want to help a baby killer and a liar make money (I mean, besides Hollywood and Congress)? Don't watch the movie and tell Lifetime why you're not.

November 16, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Um, did you not read the article before you commented. There seems to be many people commenting that don't know how to read. The movie would be based on the book by the prosecutor. Meaning, if there is money to be paid it would be to them not her. PLEASE read before making comments.

November 16, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carole

I absolutely agree !!!

November 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carole

When I said I absolutely agree I was replying to SL's comment. You could not pay me to watch that and I personally will let this network know how I feel even though I know it won't make any difference. Why should she profit off of her daughter's death.

November 16, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • rtg

Really people, read the article! Casey is not selling this movie nor getting any money from it, it's from the prosecutors perspective, not hers.

November 16, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.Rose

To Tom:
      I hear ya, guy. And these are the same people who watched the trial and bought the whole 9 yards of the prosecutions theory. These are the same people who found her "guilty" BEFORE THE TRIAL based on Nancy Grace's "theories".(I guess they think that Nancy Grace should have been a "witness". LOL. but sad. Sigh.)

November 17, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  140. GIL TEE

If the movie is based off the Prosecutors book, and Casey Anthony makes no money from it,
    I want to see it.
    Will be interesting to see how exactly he thinks Anthony "did it".

November 16, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • gen

I've got the eBook and have already started it. I would prefer that some part of the money go to one the child find groups. Tim Millers group has been hit hard economically. So has Child Find. That would be the best way for any monies to be distributed.

November 17, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
    • M.Rose

Jeff Ashton already told the jurors and the world "how he thinks she did it". They didn't buy it. What makes you think he will reveal "how she did it" in this money making book? His main "revelation" now is that she told the psychiatrist that she thought George killled her after molesting her. What's new with that? it is right in line with what the defense had to say about it in court......but they couldn't accuse him of murder because they would be pitting Casey against "poor George", so they went with "she drowned in the pool and George knew about it". I firmly believe that is true and we will never really know who actually killed her and dumped her body in the woods.

November 17, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  141. Dani

The time to boycott has arrived, folks...

November 16, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Reality

I have news for you: this will be one of the most watched programs on television!! I'm going to watch it! YEAH!!

November 16, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • GennyMac

Easy to find out all the advertisers, easy to write to them to say BOYCOT, easy to reach out and ask for BOYCOT of products, easy to hold a poster in front of a store for a BOYCOT. Easy to do – just have to find the list of advertisers.

November 17, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

Boycott.LOL Yeah that worked great for the Dr. Phil show.Highest ratings he ever had when interviewing the Anthonys.Just shows there are more people interested in watching it than there are of you whiny little "boycotters."

November 17, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Puke

U ugly anyways

November 16, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  143. Puke

stasey says:
    November 16, 2011 at 11:37 am
    Acquited means Not Guilty ppl. Get over it!! There was not enough physical evidence to prove Casey killed her daughter. A jury of our peers agreed to that! Let it go. Let this woman be. I’d love to see the movie!

Reply. Casey rot in hell with hitler

November 16, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • S L

Rotting in hell's too good for her. Legal innocence is not moral innocence.

November 16, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Reality

And you are so sure that she did it? Are you God? A bit arrogant of you...

November 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • GennyMac

yes to her rotting in hell..............and soon.
      Regardless of acquittal, she drugged that baby so she could party and left her either in the car or hid her in other locations, she abandoned her when the baby ied, then had the nerve to try and throw the blame on her own father. I saw let her rot in hell with no movies about her gross evide.

November 17, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

I guess the people wishing her to burn in hell either does not believe there is one,or are to stupid to realize that by judging others they will be at least one wrung lower burning in hell as well.

November 17, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Puke

No thank you casey

November 16, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  145. trips

Let the child rest in peace. May the mother burn in Hell

November 16, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  146. stasey

Acquited means Not Guilty ppl. Get over it!! There was not enough physical evidence to prove Casey killed her daughter. A jury of our peers agreed to that! Let it go. Let this woman be. I'd love to see the movie!

November 16, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • stacey

acquitted also does mean she didnt kill her daughter

November 16, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Rebbeca

You are an idiot!

November 16, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • BEN DOVER

God I hope you don't vote because you are too stupid

November 16, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stacey

Moron

November 16, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • scsmcarnold

Acquitted or not-guilty- in the end doesn't matter – a little girl lost her life and was dumped like trash. If the jury had been able to see all the evidence and not the bull that Baez brought up – there would have been justice – but defense lawyers like Baez is what gives attorneys bad names. I know one thing tho – if I ever murder anyone – I'll have Baez as my attorney. I hope Lifetime does not air this – I love that channel but I will exercise my rights and not watch it anymore and find out what companies advertise with them and boycott them too.

November 16, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • bulldog

Maybe you shoud consider letting this psychopath watch your kids when you visit Florida !

November 16, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reality

LOTS of us want to see the movie!!

November 16, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • me

No Casey, lack of common sense is all that verdict meant. Everyone knows who killed little Caylee. Disgusting pig of a Mother.

November 16, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • huh?

Um, actually that is not at all what "acquitted" means.
      Even jurors themselves have said that they did not think she was innocent.
      I second the thought, "I hope you don't vote".

November 16, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.Rose

I agree with you Stacey. Ashton LOST. She was aqcuited because the jurors did not buy Ashton's case, plain and simple. Jeff Ashton needs to study and learn the real class of a prosecutor like David Walgren....now that is a prosecurtor with class. Not one like Ashton who giggles behind his hands as the defense was speaking to the jurors, and then DENIES HE WAS LAUGHING to the judge. The man has NO CLASS and HE LOST THE CASE BECAUSE THE JURORS SAW RIGHT THROUGH HIS FICTIONALIZED ACCOUNT OF WHAT HAPPENED and did not like him.I will bet they acquited her because they did not like the demeanor of Ashton and saw right through his bullying tactics. I despise prosecutors like this. ( I am wondering if the sidebar discussions have been released....I will bet that is an eye opener about Ashton and his cry baby personality).

November 17, 2011 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Daphne

I feel after watching the jurors speak, they did think she was guilty but not "execute" guilty if that makes sense. She definitely was not thought of as innocent in all charges. Oh and people who WANT to see this are guilty of the worst sin of all – LIKING CRAPPY TV MOVIES FROM LIFETIME lol they're such garbage who'd waste 2 hours of their lives in this manner???

November 17, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • HANNAH01

A 'jury of HER peers.' not " OUR peers. And from reading the book, this jury had nothing on this sneaky psycho.

November 17, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

You can't state facts on these hate sites stasey.See what happens.Morons can't wait to call you dumb and stupid.

November 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  147. mr. popcicle

this is obsured.

November 16, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  148. Bubbles

Another waste of human space

November 16, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  149. Puke

Hell is saving a spot for Casey

November 16, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  150. Puke

Sure give the killer more money why not...

November 16, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Reality

Yes!! She needs to pay off her debts to the City of Orlando.

November 16, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • rtg

Casey won't get any money for this movie, it's the prosecutor story.

November 16, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Interested

Too bad.

November 16, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • peter

Read the article, fool. The prosecuting attorney is writing this, not the defense or Careless Anthony!

November 16, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • M.Rose

What an idiot you are: CASEY ANTHONY WOULD NOT GET PAID FOR THIS MOVIE.....JEFF ASHTON WOULD. IT IS BASED ON HIS BOOK. He LOST THE DAMNED CASE. HE SHOULD LIVE WITH IT. If he hadn't overcharged her, made up a "ficitonalized" account of what he THINKS she did, maybe she'd be behind bars now for the coverup. Jeff Ashton is a sore loser, and totally unethical to be covering his own butt by criticizing the defense lawyers for "WINNING" the case. Then he quits his job immediately so he could cash in on the book and now a movie.
      I don't think we will ever know what REALLY happened to poor Caylee, but I would bet my bottom dollar that dear George had a lot more to do with it than Casey herself. I would not trust that man as far as I could throw him. As his ex-wife said: "George is a consumate liiar".And boy is he good at it.
      The story Casey told to the psychiatrists (according to Ashton) sounds more reasonable than anything Ashton came up with at trial. The defense could not accuse George with murder because it was Casey's word against Georgie's, so they went with "she drowned in the pool" story and George covered it up. I am sure that even Casey does not know what preceded George getting out of the pool wet from the waste up. Was he retrieving her body because she got into the pool herself.....or did he actually just dump her body in the pool after he molested her because she was about to talk? That guy knew where her body was all along....how convenient for him that he now says to Dr. Phil that he bought the "prosecution's theory" all along. He was so afraid of Cindy that he covered the whole damn thing up and made it look like Casey did it. I know you all think I am nuts....but that is my instinct about this man from the very beginning of his sanctimonious interviews from the very beginning. He told Casey that he was going to point the finger at her, and she PANICKED and covered it up with that crazy story that she was kidnapped by the nanny. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction, folks.

November 17, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
    • tiffany

To M. Rose: I definitely think your explaination is viable. I questioned why that man tried to kill himself during all of this. At least he can still be charged and tried if any other evidence comes out and points to him. Then maybe some justice could come of it all. I wonder if the case is closed or is anyone still investigating?

November 17, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • hannah01

Do you and some of these other idiots still not get it??? SHE'S NOT GOING TO MAKE MONEY FROM JEFF ASHTON'S BOOK!!!

November 17, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

Of course she will get paid.She is the central character in the book.They have to get her permission to make a movie about her legally.The only way she doesn't get paid is if she agrees to let them make the movie without any compensation.

November 17, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Lonnie

I remember watching the movie, "Small Sacrifices" starring Farrah Fawcett, which was a true story of a mother killing one of her three children and severely injuring the other two. At the end of the movie she is in shackles and walking into a much deserved sentence. The Casey Anthony story won't end that way, in fact she is probably on a beach some where getting a tan. This just makes me so mad because there was no justice for Caylee.

November 16, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Reality

There will never be justice for the little Caylee – even if they burn the witch and burn the ashes, there will never be justice, so quit being mad about it – it's not helping.

November 16, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Feast of Beast

Well, I'm still mad about it, and I think others should be as well. If we just shrug it off, things will never change.

November 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reality

Move to Iran if you want to live in a society that allows that type of crack justice.

November 16, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • lacpeb

This comment is directed to Feast of the Beast: You're angry, and you think others should be, too?! Sweetheart, you don't make decisions on whether or not I should be angry and to whom I direct my anger. I personally feel no anger toward Casey Anthony because I have never met her, she has never directly wronged me, and I feel that judgment of her rests with the Lord – not me...or you. Go ahead and eat yourself alive with your anger. If you think it makes you a good person, you are sadly mistaken. If you think being angry, inciting anger in others or writing a few sentiments in an online discussion, will result in fewer Casey Anthonys in the future, you are seriously delusional. I will probably not watch the movie because it will surely be slanted, just like the so-called news coverage (CNN, Fox, Internet) with so-called journalists (like Nancy Grace, Jane Valez-Mitchell) who are making their fortunes repeatedly whipping weak minds like yours into a frenzy. It's time to move on.

November 16, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daphne

OMG @lacpeb come down off the cross will you?? Someone could use the wood! wow! it was comment, a turn of phrase, you didn't have to turn it around and make it all so personal – i think YOU need to relax. And if you feel no anger about this, if you're leaving it up to the 'lord' to deal with, well that tells me all i need to know. I agree with the outraged, and feel she got away with it. There's no justice for the dead child, where was the 'lord' to protect her? such nonsense. She's free, and there's no judgement waiting. The message is, kill a kid, get away with it, you'll get rich and have a movie made about you. Disgusting

November 17, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • OldGoat

Look out everyone! There's a religious whack-job on the loose.

November 17, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • hannah01

If you dont want to spend money on the book, go to the library and get it. It's very good and the only way to know what REALLY happened behind the scenes for anyone who is still interested in this piece of trash. I knew I wanted to read it when he announced he was going to write a book on the murder and the trial.. Mr Ashton has a stellar reputation....compared to Jose Baez who is a slimy piece of garbage. There is no reason for Jeff Ashton to embellish the real truth.

November 17, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • ibjonnyc

lacpeb.I totally agree with you and feel the same.However it seems that if you feel anything less than hatred for another on these boards you are deemed a "whackjob" by the psychos posting their drivel.

November 17, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  152. mejazzbo

I'm hoping straight to TV so I can change the channel to something else. No one should make money from this sad mess.

November 16, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Con

I agree!!!! Let it just be a tv movie we can all just avoid. No profiting on that poor child's death. It's bad enough that she will never have justice.

November 16, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Interested

I am very interested in seeing the movie about the persecuted mother Casey Anthony!

November 16, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  153. ruben

Oh yeah. BTW. I am firsty for a choco milkshake. Or a butterscotch one.

November 16, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  154. ruben

Cool Beans ! I hope they get Casey to play the lead. It will stir people up.

November 16, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • LADYDI

I hope nonody watches this movie.......Lifetime should be ashamed of themselves for even considering this......Bat Ears will make money and spend lots of time basking in the sun on some remote island....hope a shark nails her!!!

November 16, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • bruce

ladydi where is all the anger for the prosecutor who is now trying to make millions off the death of a small child.

November 16, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reality

Can't wait to see the movie!!

November 16, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • truthfl1

For the same reason you posted.

November 16, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anti Bruce

Bruce, you are vilifying only the prosecutor? Really? He worked his arze off to get this bag behind bars. He should be comphensated for the crud he went through. Of attorneys, it has been the Defense that has truly profited from the death of this child. O.J. Simpson trial Part II.... we know who did what...

November 16, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • nona 2

lol

November 16, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Concerned

We have seen enough of this. Please no movie

November 16, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cajuncatdude

Great idea! It should star Lindsey Lohan as Casey Anthony.

November 16, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boston Dawg

I would like to see her play the lead and I would like to see nothing in the movie about her daughter just guy after guy taking turns on her and seeing her violated for their pleasure in every conceivable manner. Leave her sore.... I would go to the redbox for a dollar to see that.

November 16, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • PK

We all saw it live and we found her guilty. Why would we spend money to see the fake version? Not me! Stop beating a dead horse!

November 17, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Worktolive

Hope everyone BANS this piece of trash movie.

November 17, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Brad

Kill your child and get a movie deal? Come on people, what have we evolved into?
      This deal should be boycotted before it even happens. The only thing Casey Anthony should get is life without parole.............

November 17, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
    • hannah01

She's not going to make any money if they make a movie from Mr. Ashton's book. The book came out Tuesday and I just finished it. It's very good. So much the public/jury did not know and he was not allowed to bring up at trial based on the law. I didn't think she could be any worse...until I read the book. I hope they do make the movie based on this book. It'll will continue to remind people what a piece of psycho trash she is.

November 17, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • I'd love to go

bass to mouth on casey anthony.

November 17, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |