November 16th, 2011

Down to three couples on 'DWTS'

The roller coaster ride for Hope Solo on "Dancing With the Stars" has finally come to an end.

The soccer star, whose run on the show was marred by frequent disputes with both pro partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy and the judging panel, was eliminated last night from the ABC competition series.

Solo, the ninth celebrity eliminated from the show, struggled with a paso doble during Monday's performance, then finished last in a four-couple cha-cha relay.

"This competition is one of the toughest competitions I've ever been a part of," Solo told co-host Brooke Burke Charvet after her elimination. "I'm grateful, it was an amazing opportunity."

So what's next for the goalkeeper extraordinaire?  "I'm going to go back and, instead of winning the Mirrorball Trophy, I'm going to win the [Olympic] gold medal."

Solo's elimination means that reality TV star Rob Kardashian, actor/veteran J.R. Martinez and talk show host Ricki Lake are the last celebrities standing in the competition.  The three will perform two dances for Monday's final competition episode, with a winner crowned on Tuesday.

What did you think of last night's elimination?  Did the right celebrity go home?

1. Cindy

I agree that maybe it was time for Hope to go, but I love Maks and think the judges treat him unfairly and show their favoritism of Derek. Each time the judge's are commenting, watch Ricki's face. It is the same every time, like she is soooo surprised at their comments. It drives me nuts. I am going to vote for JR, I guess. Maks should have one with Brandy and Mel B, but again, the judge's don't like him and the "stars" are the ones that pay for that with the low scores.

November 17, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Samantha

Okay, let's get serious....Bruno and Carrie Ann MUST be replaced. Bruno is disgusting and says so many things on air that should be "bleeped". Carrie Ann is a B-h and thinks she is hotter than she really is. And this show IS Max's...without him you will lose many viewers. I will be sad if Ricki wins because she is so boring.Derek is too. Hope was meant to go. Watching her dance was like watching a football linebacker...no grace at all and certainly not feminine. Max carried her as he has done all his partners. Kuddos to him for saying what none of the others have the balls to say!!!! Keep Len – he's a hoot!!

November 17, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Grandma

Candy,
    What program were you watching??????????????? Hope has been HORRIBLE the whole season. She was ackward and had NO grace of movement at all. She did have 1 good dance but that was it. The judges have all had there MOMENTS but I think Carrie Ann tries harder than anyone to at least cushion her criticism with a compliment. Although I LOVE Len, some of the things he has said have come off sounding very hurtful. Bruno is a hoot, but can be mean spirited also.

November 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. carla best

Just a vote of confidence for all 3 judges. They is nothing wrong with the judging.

I think Maks has a terrific ego and his comments simply make him look small and petty. Maks is a dance not a judge. If he wants to be a judge then he should leave the show.

Hope and Chaz were a good example of small petty people. The show should be fun. If they can't stand the heat, they should not sign on.

November 17, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Rich

Carrie Ann started the Hope/Maks war but Maks should have been professional enough to rise above it and show up Carrie Ann with intelligent, non agressive, non emotional responses. Put her in her place once and for all. I'd bang her but I couldnt have her hanging around for Breakfast..she does my head in.

November 17, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Carol

It was time for Sports lady to go. From the start it seemed her aggressive actions made Maks try to keep up with her toughness, and as the weeks went by he finally embarrassed himself in trying to do this. Not a good scene for dancers. I hope she wins the next big thing she is aiming for, her ego needs it. The judges are pros, keep them. This is entertainment, it is best to enjoy it, if not don't watch.

November 17, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Arthur D.

What a waste of time and money! The country is going to hell in a hand basket and people watch this brainless trash! We are in deep trouble.

November 17, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  8. Kevin

maks is the worst dancer on the show and should be fired because Maks makes himself look good and not his partner . And that's why he has never won. it's all about Maks he does all the dancing and his partners do very liitle fire his ass and show would be better off

November 17, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  9. MC

I love watching "Dancing With the Stars" and can't wait for the next episode. When it first starts you see all the couples - practically none of them can dance. And by episode 3 each has improved to where they never thought they could have. It's amazing to watch them improve so much. But anyone can make a mistake and it costs them. But some are good at only some of the dances - meaning some people are good at only certain dances. JR has done very well, Ricki has been mainly at the top from the beginning BUT ROB KARDASHIAN has improved tremendously. He is good at slow dances BUT HE IS WONDERFUL AT FAST DANCES and you can just see his smile to know how much he is enjoying that dance. He just shines because he loves it. He has improved so much. Between the three couples (who have done wonderful) I want Rob to take first, JR second and Ricki third BUT I BELIEVE it will be Ricki for first, JR for second and Rob for third. They're just wonderful.

November 17, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. Lynda

I LOVE the music and dancing. Please, please, please get rid of those judges. I am starting to record the show so that I can fast-forward through their stupid, mean, and rude comments. Bruno MUST go - he is so crude. I am still fuming over his comments to Chaz. And Carrie Ann - she needs some meds. Her mood changes minute by minute. Happy, panting, bouncing, miserable, rude, smiling, pouting - she can do all of these in a matter of minutes.

November 17, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  11. soho Young

Apologies...I think that it is time to revamp the Judging Panel and replace Carrie Ann, Len, and Bruno with a Panel that will give constructive criticism and show respect to all the Dancing Pros and the Celebrities rather than show how sarcastic, bombastic, or rude they can be. THAT WOULD GARNER DWTS MORE VIEWERS, don't you think?

November 17, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  12. Soho Young

I have watched DWTS since the first season and I think the Judges get personal and actually vote against the Dancing Pros they don't like as much. Derek always get high marks because he knows how to play the game and he plays up to the Judges. I say this even though I am a fan of Derek's. The Judges don't like Max and Tony (who I think is GREAT) and they and their partners are in the unfortunate position of having to be judged by them. Bruno is very unprofessional as is Carrie Ann. Bruno's comments to Chaz were inexcusable and Carrie Ann's to Max showed her dislike for him. Yes, I agree that it is time to revamp the Judging Panel who give constructive criticism and are not sarcastic or bombastic. That would get DWTS more viewers.

November 17, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  13. Laura

The right 3 are in the finals. Hope was ok but she was so not graceful or pleasant to watch! I think this elimination is going to be the toughest one because I don't want to see any of them go!

November 16, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. DCM

This show needs new judges! Carrie Ann is so star struck and Len is pathetic! The only one that deserves to be in the finals is JR.
    Not sure our votes really count!

November 16, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jason83

I hope J.R wins this season. The man sure has come a long way since the beginning. They have a very good top 3 this year. Best of luck to you all.

November 16, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Stillmary

Maybe the three finalists are the right ones – talent wise but who can be sure when the judges' vendetta against Hope and Maks was so obvious. It made me sick. Carrie Anne gave them credit for difficult moves and their scores still sucked. The replays seldom showed them doing anything spectacular but everybody else's replays really showcased their best moves. I hated the show Monday night just because the blackballing of Hope and Maks was so apparent.

November 16, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jovana

the time has long past that these judges should have been replaced. they are very biased and not judging fairly, especially Carrie Ann. She should go. They are all out to put Maks down whenever possible. He doesn't need that abuse, he has three dance studios. Maks should have won this at least twice in the past years that I can remember. Especially the year with Mel B.

November 16, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Liza

If Max goes so will most of the viewers!! It is HIS show!!! Like it or not he makes it happen and he is the reason so many watch – men and women!! He shouldn't have to take the crap he takes from the udges – it's HIS show!! None of the men come even close to performing as spectacularly as he does. Compare and you will see. Carrie, Brooke and Bruno MUST go!! Bruno is the worst......we are all sick of his gay comments and the way he behaves. Get rid of him!!

November 16, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jennifer

My problem is with the nonsense from Bruno!! He needs to go and so does Brooke!! For God's sake, Bruno, SIT DOWN!!!! He wants all the attention and says some pretty ridiculous stuff. The things he said to Chaz were uncalled for and he should be ashamed. As for Brooke, she's not very nice and also says some pretty stupid stuff. I'm not watching next year unless some major changes occur. Bruno and Brooke must go!! Carrie is on thin ice, too. Max is WONDERFUL111

November 16, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Karen

Actually Carrie and Brooke should be going home. If Max isn't around next season, I among many others won't be tuning in any more. The judges were giving 8's and 9's to couples that should have been getting 7's and 7's to pairs that should have gotten 8's and 9's. Go figure.

November 16, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • WoopWoop

People on another board for this show have started a grassroots movement to get Carson Kressley to replace Brooke next season. I hope it succeeds.

November 17, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Connie

I have watched since day one. I think the judges have all gotten TOO big for their britches! This whole year has not been about the dancing, but about their favorites. They are supposed to be "professionals". That is not the way they are coming across. I think it's time for new judges too. The show has lost a lot of viewers this year because of it. They need to at least try new judges and see what happens. Thise of you who don't watch....don't need to hear from you!!

November 16, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Linda

Hope and Max it has been a long time coming I really feel they should have gone home many weeks ago .Hope has been very disrepectful to the Judges, Max every season has had somekind of upset maybe he should sit out a season and regroup and think if this is really what he wants to do

November 16, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Ali

Oh come on!! Rob should have gone home on week two..Carie Ann is mesmerized by the Kardashian group sitting there every night..so obvious! All Rob is doing is holding pose..not doing difficult steps while Cheryl does all the difficult dancing..Hope actually did much more difficult steps and routines..but this is all a popularity contest which is okay..we are told to vote for the stars that we want to see each week ...not the best dancers. I knew that entering the semi's
    the judges would "take over" and place the people" they wanted" in the final..They voted Hope all 7's ..keeping her score low to justify their decisions..I enjoyed watching Hope and Max and HER improvements each week..She did not deserve the 7's ..should have been a couple of 8's and a nine..I repeat ..her steps were alot more difficult than Robs..
    Rob looked clumsy to me all the time sort of goofy..yeah he smiled..big deal!!
    The night that Max made that comment to Len, the judges were nasty and cruel to all the dancers for a few shows and I believe that he was stepping up defending not only his dance but the other celebrities as well. I think he had just had enough..I think if you go back and listen to what he said it was regarding their comments to "all" the couples. Personally I am glad he did it..Something had to be said. Good for Max!
    I have watched this show for years and have never liked Bruno, a wimp,..he has gone on late night shows and trashed the dancing celebrities..seems something is very unfair there..truly over the top!! he doesn't have the true qualifications to be a judge..
    I am hoping that ABC will do some judge changing..to those that are truly qualified and are encouraging to the celebs as they try to improve each week without the nasty personal insulting remarks.
    Hope and Max should have truly been in the finals if we are talking about who is truly the better dancer doing the most difficult routines..between her and Rob..Kardashians won out!..hummm wonder why? Could the set up be for Rob to get the mirror ball and bring the Kardashian shows more ratings and also DWTS advertised on THEIR show?I wonder..nah!!!

November 16, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marie

I agree with you Ali and Connie..Max is a big part of the show of professional dancers and I respect his talent and always look forward to seeing him each season. The dancers make the show..NOT the judges!!
      Len needs to get up dated with the times..Music has changed over the years and so has dancing..

November 16, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. mattymatt

Maybe I'll start watching again once I know they actually have true stars on the show, not non-stars like Chaz Bono. I hate that. It should be called "Dancing with talentless children of Stars"

November 16, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Hash

Not a Kardashian fan at all either @bennz, but I'm definitely pulling for Rob to take home the Mirror Ball trophy. He's exhibited class(beyond what anyone else in his family has ever shown), improvement, and he can flat out dance!

November 16, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Lilly

@BECKAH you're a "mega fan" of the show and you're going to say the final 3 are all better than Kristin Cavalari and Chynna Phillips? If it were based off of just dancing and not popularity, those two would definitely be in the finals.

November 16, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  27. BECKAH

Right decision. Im a mega fan of this show. And if we are going to vote for the best dancers these final Three are the Best of the bunch, yes even ROBERT. Hope hasnt been dancing well for a while, her run for the final 3 should have ended a while ago. Her fans got her this far, not her dances. And Maks is so RUDE! I'd vote her off just because of him
    lol.

November 16, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Mark

I like dwts

November 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  29. jen

Thank you Karen well spoken.

November 16, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  30. the_dude

I am not a gay so I don't watch this show. Nothing makes any sense.

November 16, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Reggie60

If DWTS was truly about talent, then Chynna Philips and Kristen Cavallari wouldn't have been booted off so quickly. They were both very good dancers.

November 16, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  32. MARGARET

GO ROB!

November 16, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  33. KDancer

All of you that are supporting Hope clearly have no dance experience. I agree that Carrie Ann was hard on her but it was well deserved. She could barely walk in her dance shoes, more less dance. She was clumsly, awkward and not graceful at all. I know she worked hard and got much better each week at retaining the choreography but she NEVER danced well. She's a fabulous soccer player but it just didn't translate for her.

November 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • GINA

I NEVER ANY OF THE JUDGES EITHER.

November 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pam

I agree with all you said about Hope. And...she remained so long...only because of Maxs' following (Which I will NEVER understand Americas love affair with this bully). As to Hope...the best dance she did was when Max hurt his toe and only choreographed and she danced all week with someone else. The night of the group dance training, when he shoved her shoulders then dragged her on the floor...she should have just leveled him!!!!!!!!

November 16, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Indirah

could not agree with you more Carol and KDANCER

November 17, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. beenz

Not a Kardashian fan, but Rob has improved steadily all along. He's working hard and seems to be having fun-he has a smile on his face all the time when he's dancing. Good luck to him in the finals, but the trophy will go to JR/Karina or Ricki/Derek.

November 16, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Nana

Rob has improved greatly since the beginning & deserves to be in the final, but I am so hoping that JR can pull it together & win the mirror ball trophy. He has been my favorite from the start. Ricky is a pain in the butt! Just sayin

November 16, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Arivera525@yahoo.com

The right couple was eliminated they were poor sportsmanship.3 couples left everything points 2 ricky and derrick winning it all but i hope a martinez and karina win it all other than that its been the most boring season ever

November 16, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Rod in Dallas TX

I have not watched a single episode but even I know who is going to win. It's gonna be the military guy. He's not a celebrity so I don't know how he even qualified for the show. Anyway, America will give it away like the always do. It never goes to the best dancer. It always goes to the most popular.

November 16, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  38. FDCBWW

Hope should not have been voted off. I truly want to see a change of judges for next season. I pretty much can't stand the judges and it's making it less and less enjoyable.

November 16, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Maximus

3 couples left x 2 people per couple = 6 people. That's just about equal. 6 people dancing and 6 people still watching this worthless show

November 16, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  40. mordac

"Stars"? More like D-list minor celebrities.

November 16, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zzzzzz . . .

I agree – I think the lack of real star power is why the show is suffering in the ratings as of late. DWTS has become the modern equivalent of those D- E- and F-list-star-filled game shows of the '70s. If Paul Lynde and Charles Nelson Reilly were around today, they'd be shaking their booties in the ballroom.

November 17, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  41. JeanneLH

Cary Ann is in love with Rob Kardashian. Even his partner mentioned it. She gave him a 10. A little professionalism, please?

November 16, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Matt

You people need to get a life!!!!

November 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  43. rebelwithacause

I just want anyone named Kardashian or Jenner, to go crawl back under their Prada-engraved rocks. Please let's all unite on this mission. -Art

November 16, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • karen

"I just want anyone named Kardashian or Jenner to go crawl back under their Prada-engraved rocks." That's lumping them all together and stereotyping due to a last name. They are individuals. Give the boy his due. He's really come a long way in many areas, and it's so nice to see him come out from his sisters shadows. Why slam him because of his name? That's ignorant.

November 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  44. andy

They booted the right pair off. The remaining teams are wonderful and I can't wait to watch their final routines. However, I think JR should win... he is not only an incredible dancer, but is an inspiration to us all.

November 16, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  45. dee

hope did a great second dance with max, i agree, they need new judges..

November 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Eileen

She should have been gone a long time ago.

November 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Jet

HS in the semi final; RK in the final! One-stomp two-stomp 3 and 4 stomp-stomp. No flow, no musicality – terms I have not heard the judges bring up this year.
    By far the weakest selection of stars(?) to make it to the semi finals. Glad it is almost over. Let hope for a good group of dancing stars for season 14.

November 16, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Yvonne

Who Cares?
    Yvonne

November 16, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Yvonne

Who cares?

November 16, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  50. JEAN

I agree they need to get new Judges – I haven't like the show this year because of the Judges.

November 16, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • ann huckaba

I agree, I mentioned this all year that the judges have been harsher this year then in the past. These are not professional dancers and they do have lives not just practice 24/7. Time to shake things up ABC

November 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Suzanne

Wonder how the judges would of taken how Hope was treated, I will no longer watch and hope others are on board if Carrie Ann is still judging. I was appalled at how Hope was treated, and I know I'm not the only one.... How Bruno treated Chaz, and Carrie Ann on Hope, Shame on them, Shame on them....

November 16, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Texas J

You are 100 percent correct. I just don't get it she had some very good dances and never got any credit. Even when they had to give her good marks Carrie Ann and the other always had a backhanded slap at her, I would have gotten mad as well. The show has lost appeal to me just because of the way hope was treated, they weren't too nice to chaz either but he was a horrible horrible dancer. Hope did get better even though she was never rewarded for it.

November 16, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Penny

Chaz should have been gone week 2 and would have had it not been Cheri is the mom. Chaz received just about the remarks deserved. In regards to Hope, she was judged fairly when you consider how far into the weeks she was and not improving as much as others.

November 16, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  52. dean

to make the show more interesting let the judges actually dance and be judged by the senior dancers. I hate it when a judge throws off on a costume or the way they do a set. judge them on the dance!!!!!! You would be blind if you don't think the judges try and black ball a couple of dancers.

November 16, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Texas J

Yeah Hope got a little testy with they judges but you would have to if you were busting your hump every week and doing just as good a job as Rob and just get hammered every week. For what ever reason the judges had it in for her. Her jive was excellent and she gets hammered. Has to become very frustrating at some point. No Rob shouldn't be in there, he is horrible, Archet was way better than RK. It doesn't really matter because after the first week it has been clear since the first week that JR can do no wrong. The only reason he scored bad on Monday was because they wanted to make sure they could boost Rob up high enough to eliminate Hope. They did this by giving him the 10 at the end. Yes folks the Fix is in. JR is a very good dancer and deserves to be in there but he was going to get there no matter what.

November 16, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

I totally agree with boosting Rob's score and lowering JR – to eliminate Hope.

November 16, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Mimi of Toronto

I agree with Pam, the right person was eliminated. Initially, I was rooting for J.R. because of his strong will, but since watching Rob develop & seeing the transformation, I'm now rooting for him. Unlike his over-the-top & high-maintenance sisters, Rob is very likable. I thought he'd be arrogant & full of himself, but I was pleasantly surprised. Also, since he lost weight, he started to resemble my 22 year old son. Even my 84 yr old Mom who watches the show, calls Rob her grandson, when he comes on to dance. Needless to say, she is rooting for him! I now have a soft spot for him because not only he looks like my son but because he has genuinely developed a passion for dancing.

November 16, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelli

Go Rob or JR! I honestly can't pick between the two. I always root for the underdog that improves greatly, I think those that come on the show w/minimal to no dance experience that greatly improve SHOULD win. JR is just an all around great person & great dancer (pretty much from the get go) and Rob has come a long way from the beginning.

November 17, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  55. randell

Maybe the tension between Maks and Hope came from him constantly trying to sleep with her....how TMZ missed it, I have no clue.

November 16, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • dorian

And how do you have the inside scoop that Maks wanted to sleep w/her?

November 17, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Dave

The right person gone? I do not think so. Rob K. should have been gone long ago. He got a 10 the other night, how? He does not have the moves or the lines for a 10. He got it because Carrie Ann has the hots for him and she does not hold back. It seems she hates JR too, and would likely score him lower than Rob for doing the exact same dance. Getting rid of her next season would be the best thing (maybe she could go back to Austin Powers movies). I do not find hope offensive or mean, I do think she was a good sport. The foul language? I am sure they never thought it would make it to air, it is just the way some people communicate. If Rob K wins it all it will show they are trying to perpetuate ratings.

November 16, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judge

You are completely off base....Maks and Hope are poor examples of good sportsmanship....she should have been sent home long ago. Have no idea who will come out on top....all three remaining in the finals have worked and improved so much....and this includes Rob. I am so impressed with this young man....never liked him before...but he has grown up big time!!! And he can dance!!!!!

November 16, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mimi of Toronto

I very much disagree with you here. I think you are blindsided because of the Kardashian sisters notoriety. Rob has demonstrated that he is his own person. He has grown up from this experience & appears sincere. His dancing has improved since the first day – come on, did you see the four couples dance the cha cha relay, he was great, I truly thought that he out-shown the other 3 couple. And I was right, he was first. I was not surprised when the judges said that the results are going to be interesting.

November 16, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  57. MANNY

i'm glad that hope is gone,she was nasty,ill-mannered & deserved to go.the 3 remaining are all great,DEREK being my favorite.

November 16, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pam

Amen Manny. And...Her and Max have been nothing but disrespectful to the Judges. You are being judged! What's the beef? And Max is just plain nasty. I won't miss either of these two.

November 16, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Pam

Definitely the right person was eliminated – Hope is a very nice lady but not a dancer. She tried her best but still came across as fairly stiff. And I think the relationship between her and Maks was a bit strained and it showed. Looking forward to the final – the best three definitely are the ones left. Ricki is just fabulous, but I am rooting for Rob because he is the one that has really developed a passion and talent for dancing since the first show. Go Rob!

November 16, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • FlyGuyInSJ

I agree. She has made great progress and came much farther than I expected her to, and that's great, but she's just not a dancer. The only reason there was any doubt as to who would go is because of JR's ankle injury, but even in tremendous pain he was better – much better – than Hope was.

The bottom line is that any of the three remaining couples have a shot at winning this. Hope did not have a shot at winning it unless all of the others came up with show-ending injuries (pretty unlikely), so the right person was dropped.

November 16, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  59. wendy

Rob Kardashian has really improved,I guess he's the talented amongst that talent less family.

November 16, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Grandma

I agree Wendy.....hasn't it been fun to watch Rob grow in confidence? He has worked so hard and you can just tell he LOVES dancing....he is enjoying it completely. I hope this helps him find his way in life.....and not alongside his money hungry, attention seeking sisters and mom!!!

November 16, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nicole

This brings us to the favoritism.... It seems as though they are MUCH tougher on scoring Rob. He seems to end up with much lower numbers than i expect them to say. I think he's great!

November 16, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Claire

The men always have a slight advantage over the women, because in ballroom dancing, it's the women who do the complicated moves. They are "displayed" by the guys. When I first started watching the show, I remember thinking, "how is a woman ever going to win this thing?" Now the women are doing crazy-difficult moves and bravo to them! That's a long explanation of why I think Rob doesn't score as high as the other two. He's not doing as much.

November 17, 2011 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  60. candy

I don't think Hope should have been eliminated last night, however she was a lady and good sport about the whole thing. I truely wish that the show would get rid of Judge Carrie Ann, she is so mean. After awhile the public gets tired of her rude comments, and if it continues they will lose viewers. I don't think I will watch next year unless they do a shake up of the judges and get in someone with a diffrent view. I might just be one person, but I do have a voice and anyone can start a grassroots campaign.

November 16, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • SameShow?

"she was a lady and a good sport" – were we watching the same show? Did you miss all her foul language and disrespect??

November 16, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tina

I agree, I think they need to get rid of all three judges. Replace them with other experienced dancers who can offer a fresh perspective.

November 16, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Penny

Len is the only unbiased judge on the panel. You can tell after the 2nd week which celebs Bruno and Carrie-Ann will be giving high scores to. And besides...Bruno, SIT DOWN.

November 16, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barb

I agree, Candy. Carrie Ann is definitely suffering from delusions of grandeur. First she chastises Maks as if he were a child. Who appointed her God? Then on Monday night, she again "scolds" him for smiling?????? I played that portion back several times and saw nothing Maks did to justify that. It has been obvious since the show began that the judges had their definite favorites and Maks was not, and never has been, one of them. Why, I don't know? He is the most talented professional on the show and he definitely is a large part of the show's success. I know he is the main reason I watch it. Both Carrie and Brooke have made their dislike of the man evident. Fact is, who could possibly care what either of them thinks. Unfortunately, Carrie's scorecard is her weapon.

November 16, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • indirah

I read some comments about the Judges andI have to say that we must not forget that regardless of the Judges comments and scores, it is the viewers (FANS) calls and votes that count. This show is not about favourites but the dance... . If there is a person/persons that we want to see take the Mirrorball, then we need to lobby for them a whole lot better. DWTS is a very wonderful show and I think it is great to see some kind of rules and traditions applied in comparisn to all the Sci-fi stuff we get today.
      BECKAH, Penny, Pam.. could not agree with you all more

November 16, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anne

Maks is the only reason I watch the show!

November 16, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tenille

Hope was not a good sport or a lady & CarrieAnn is not rude at all, I'm unsure if you actually watched the episode...Seems like no. "Let them give me their little 8's" Oh ya great sport.

November 16, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

Seriously? What show were you watching. She and Macks both said "F Them" meaning the judges before their dance. That's a good sport? Maybe in Football. Watch it again, you really missed something. I used to like her, but not anymore. She's a cry baby.

November 17, 2011 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
    • JulieB

Candy, you won't have to wait a whole year to not watch. there will be a new season in Early March. This freakin show airs twice a year, and people are ravenous about it, so the cash cow is being milked to within an inch of its life.

November 17, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Jude

If this is supposed to be a family show, Hope and Max should not have been using the "f" word. I understand that they were frustrated. Max has always been my favorite, and I'll continue to watch the show only as long as he is on it. He was right when he said that Derek always gets the best partners. Next season, I'd like to see Max get a partner who can already dance. Let Derek get the athlete, and we'll see how it goes. Also, I'd love to see an all new panel of judges. The old ones are too predictable.

November 17, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  61. michaelfury

"Get back into your cages, they are telling us. Return to watching the lies, absurdities, trivia and celebrity gossip we feed you in 24-hour cycles on television. Invest your emotional energy in the vast system of popular entertainment."

– Chris Hedges

November 16, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • H. Davis

Unfortunately, you are so absolutely correct. Sad, we are an extremely sad culture.

November 17, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |