Robert Pattinson's thinking about retiring early
November 15th, 2011

Robert Pattinson's thinking about retiring early

Although the "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I" is only the next to last film in the franchise, its stars already have their thoughts occupied with future plans. After all, they're officially done filming for the entire series, which means it's now time to think about post-"Twilight" life.

And if you're Robert Pattinson, you start to wonder if post-"Twi" life will mean never working again.

"Oh yeah, I think about it everyday…retiring early [that is]!" he revealed to CNN at Monday's L.A. premiere of "Breaking Dawn."

His co-star Ashley Greene, however, is more optimistic. “Right now I feel like I'm just getting started," she said. "And I'm not stopping anytime soon. I think I would go crazy if I wasn't working this much.”

Meanwhile, "Twilight" star Kristen Stewart - who eventually had to stroll the red carpet in her sneakers because she'd injured her foot - acknowledged that no matter what trajectory her career takes, it's doubtful she'll ever escape the adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's blockbuster books.

"I feel like it's very complete and so I am happy to walk away," Stewart said, "but I'm probably going to have to talk about it for the rest of my life."

Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Twilight

1. loretta costa

The messages above me are soooo sick. Not once does RPatz state "I am going to retire early" Im sure after the long run of twilight sagas and five other movies made close together RPatz had the good humor to say Im thinking about it" So then a bunch of zombie bums have the time to write their drival. You sound like a scoop of losers and neredowells. Get out
    there and get your selves something to occupy your minds {whoops} mistake!

February 8, 2012 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mickey1313

If he has any decency he will retire after twilight, he is an awful actor.

November 16, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. duh

@tracie- I thought we told you to choke on a 12 inch tootsie roll?

November 16, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. jdog

face it, are there many roles for a half dead looking smelly zombie? Both He and Kristen were chosen FOR that look: half dead, Lutz, for the look of an animal.....typecast to say the least...the girl has talent, the others, good luck

November 16, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. derp

"Oh yeah, I think about it everyday…retiring early"

Good

November 16, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ashtodeath

It's smthin outta interest.!

November 16, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  7. the grind

As I've gotten older, I become less interested in celebrities, including all hollywood, pro athletes, and the reality tv bums of the past 10-12 years. Making all types of $$$ now you have this pr!ck talking retirement at such an early age after doing what some damn acting in movies?? Meanwhile the rest of us drones plod through life hoping we even get to retire when we are old and gray. ugh ok i've vented, good day my fellow working man

November 16, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashtodeath

Ligh, i gess tz wheat rollz wth bttr:-o...!

November 16, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • mickey1313

I agree. The nerve of people who entertain to be able to retire after less then 10 years of work, I hope his plane goes down, but only good artists die that way I guess. All 1%ers need to be laid to dust.

November 16, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. vicke

robert pattinson is good in all his rolls.i think hes hot! His girlfriend...yuck

November 16, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Ligh

Rolls with butter and jam? wheat rolls or white?

November 16, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • mickey1313

His only good role was the skinny kid that got blasted at the end of Harry Potter & the goblet of fire, "Harrwie, bring my body back!" I am more afraid of seeing nasty Lohan nude in playboy then I would be of any of the vampires or werewolves in this sad sad movie series.

November 16, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chmch

You get wrapped up in your particular world and you assume everybody sees you a certain way and that's it, when in fact most of the people in the world have never even heard of you, like me, I haven't a clue who these people are, not one idea, I'd pass them in the street and wouldn't think twice about them. The conceit of celebrity will break them open, but the truth is there is so much more to life than sitting around in a puddle of the past.

November 16, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. kay

The young men and women of today embrace the lord. Let the lord occupy your 1% movement.

November 16, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  11. desert girl

Just more publictyb.s. They won't quit.They love the money and all that special treatment.

November 15, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. lol puddin cup

They make a great couple... pale,gloomy, and depressed. And "KerStew" is probrally going to find another role that puts her in a very depressed look... like casey anthony they are still trying to get movie rights 4 that. peice says the puddin cup!!

November 15, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Karen

That LazPer comment is hilarious. I can't stop laughing. Thanks!

November 15, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mike

The only ones have a career post-Twilight are Pattinson, Stewart, and Lautner. The rest will be forgotten or do skin mag layouts to stay relevant (Greene and Reed?). Kellan Lutz can't act to begin with. At least he's relegated to doing undeserved cameos (which has been the bulk of his "career") and direct-to-video dreck.

November 15, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ana cabana

they so tired they have to take a rest awhile miss theme if they stop working

November 15, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  16. danielle lancaster

My future husband lol i wish id watch anything with him in it

November 15, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Truthwillsetyoufree

If you have not seen Water for the Elephants with him, you have missed a great movie by him. Well done!

November 15, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Beka

He's stinking rich now......

November 15, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. lojenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWCGocD56Q&w=640&h=390]

November 15, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. @tracie

Thought we told ya to stfu?!?

November 15, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Extreme Love Doll

The best news I've heard since my last party.

November 15, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. waitress

Must be nice....

November 15, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  23. zombie dan

Maybe she is a zombie.

November 15, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  24. zombie dan

KirStew always looks goofy to me.

November 15, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janet

KirStew? Laziness personified. Or, for you: LazPer?

November 15, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pebbles Flintstone

At least her lips are turned up...slightly. Most of the time she has the SAME bored expression on her face. She plays every character the very same way...bland and dull.

November 15, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |