Charlize Theron: Kristen Stewart doesn't give a [bleep]
November 15th, 2011

Charlize Theron: Kristen Stewart doesn't give a [bleep]

At 36, Charlize Theron is just now finding out what it feels like to fly solo as an adult. The Oscar-winning actress tells the December issue of Vogue that she's been romantically attached for the past 17 years.

“I’ve never been single,” she tells the magazine. “This is the first time in my life. From the time I was 19, I’ve been in relationships, literally gone from one to the other within a month."

Read the full interview with Charlize Theron in Vogue

Being single has been good to her though, she says, as she's been able to "rediscover" herself.

“I had to make a real conscious effort to do it—it’s hard. It’s much easier to lose yourself in flowers and cigarettes and coffee with somebody else," she says.

Part of that rediscovery is reacquainting herself with both the indie side of cinema, with her starring turn in December's Jason Reitman/Diablo Cody film "Young Adult," as well as in Rupert Sanders' "Snow White and the Huntsman," due out next summer.

Theron plays the evil queen to Kristen Stewart's portrayal of the fair princess, and she jokes with Vogue that she's "looking forward to killing her and stealing her beauty."

Charlize Theron throughout the years: From breakout bombshell to Hollywood royalty

But in all seriousness, the actress was taken aback by all that the "Twilight" star faces at such a young age.

“She just turned 21. She’s a child. When I think about myself at 21....I couldn’t comprehend it," she says. "And Kristen is just living this to the max and still has a sense of humor about it. There’s this really lovely quality about her that just doesn’t give a f-–. A lot of people say they don’t, but then they go home and cry and pop a Xanax. Kristen actually doesn’t give a f--. That’s what’s so refreshing about her."

Filed under: Celebrities • Kristen Stewart • movies

1. Nicklasf Mensers

Great article and right to the point. I am not sure if this is truly the best place to ask but do you folks have any ideea where to get some professional writers? Thx :)

July 12, 2012 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. steve

class

December 7, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. ConfucianScholar

Yeah...she was my girlfriend back in college, but then I had to go back to Hungary and, well...we had to break up :(

December 7, 2011 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. LoopsFroot

She is one lovely woman.

December 5, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. patty cake

pop a xanax? really Charlize? that is what ur friends and u do? hmmm ..what doctor do u get those from?

December 4, 2011 at 3:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jae

How does Stewart keep getting roles? I am a better actor than she is and I have never been in a movie, commercial or high school play! Same dead pan expressions every dang movie...boring!!

November 30, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. JAW

Have you tried the Theron?

November 28, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. LGK

Charlize get better and better with age! She looks wicked in the best sense in Snow White and I can't wait to see it. Great actress.
    I will never understand all the hating on Kristen S. Ok, so you don't like Twilight. She's been in dozens of indie movies where her acting is superb – not one note. Actually very natural and refreshing to watch. Case in point: The Runaways, Adventureland, The Cake Eaters, Panic Room (ok that last one is not an indie but for a kid she was damn good in it). Hate on Twilight but lay off her, seriously. It's getting old.

November 25, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
    • MSA

What's really getting old is Kristen Stewart being shoved down our throats for the past four years (interviews, talk shows, magazines, awful movies). I have seen her in several movies and she definitely is "one note". I have given her a chance by watching some of her movies but when watching The Runaways I felt like I was watching Bella Swan playing Joan Jett. Same facial expressions, same walk, same old same old. I have nothing against the girl but her range as an actress is extremely limited for someone who's been in the business since she was 9 years old.

November 29, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

I completely agree, I think KS is very good at what she does. Evidently, her target audience does as well. I love her as Bella and also enjoy some of her other movies. I think that most posters here have no interest in the Twilight Series what so ever and they are just backlashing.

It seems to be the MO of most bloggers, whenever someone acheives a certain amount of success, there is always someone who feels they don't deserve it. Hey, to each their own. I think KS is probably laughing all the hate right off her delicate shoulders. I mean everyone can't be Meryl.

December 12, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chris B

Chuck, off the meds again?

November 22, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chuckcreig

Oh THANK GOD Charlize Theron is finding herself at age 36! I was really losing sleep over that. Hollywood is so disgusting it's not even funny. It's hard to comprehend giving a @#$% about some actress who's so self-obsessed with her own mediocrity and the fact that even at 36 she still make a relationship work, that she has to do an article about it? Honey, where I come from we don't publicize our loserness. Keep that !@#$ to yourself. Only in Hollywood would someone think this is admissible. Different breed of human in LA. Dumber, less mature, more self-obsessed. Basically a town of 14-year old school girls. YEAH LA!

November 22, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. rock

Charlize /drool

November 22, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. the_dude

I once saw a picture of her smoking pot out of a apple bong. From that point on I knew I would always love her......

November 21, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • portalpot

Was that a bong made from an apple, or a bong made by Apple Inc.?

November 28, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Bob

I think Kristen is gorgeous! Seems like she is very nice too.

November 20, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Travis

Way to stoke the gossip fires again, CNN...your interview with Charlize Theron (in full and accurate context) indicated that she was paying Kristen Stewart a compliment, yet your headline suggests the complete opposite. Did you hire your headline writers from the supermarket tabloids? I thought you were better than that. Way to stay classy, CNN.

November 18, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Geoz

ditto.

November 23, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

You gotta understand, nobody in their right mind would want to read about Kristen Stewart being given a compliment, because nobody in their right mind would give Kristen Stewart a compliment.

But yeah, there's definitely more than a hint of sensationalism going on there.

November 26, 2011 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  15. HxC19D

Kristen Stewart doesn't give a f***, it's apparent in her acting. I imagine if you smoked a bowl with her you'll most likely not give a f*** either Ms. Theron.

November 16, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • HxC19D

On a side note:

Charlize is as gorgeous as ever and extremely talented. Total package ha.

November 16, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jane

Kristen Stewart makes me gag!

November 16, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Daphne

She gets more and more beautiful as time goes on! She's so lovely! I'm glad she's (finally!!) taking a break from dudes and getting to know herself a bit. It must be hard to be single with dudes beating down your door in droves.

November 16, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  18. bella

I love Charlize! She's beautiful and a talented actress.

November 15, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • alan smithee

I refer to her as the goddess.

November 15, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

She's beautiful, but not stuck up, and her acting dazzles me. I was so blown away by her performance in "Monster," I could not believe it was the same woman pictured with this article. And it seems to me that she probably would not give a bleep about the catty comments some of you are making here, either.

November 30, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |