Ashton Kutcher tries to lighten the mood
November 11th, 2011

Ashton Kutcher tries to lighten the mood

Now that Ashton Kutcher is back to tweeting things, albeit under the patrol of a management team, he's trying to lighten the mood.

The actor took a temporary Twitter break Thursday after he fired off a tweet critical of Penn State's decision to dismiss Joe Paterno without knowing all the details behind the decision. The remark caused "a hailstorm of responses calling me an 'idiot' and several other expletives," the actor said in a post on Posterous. All of this led him to not only delete the remark and offer a mea culpa, but to institute a Twitter management team to monitor his feed.

He's since added a photo that acknowledges tweeting without background information isn't always wise, perhaps hoping to further smooth the feathers he ruffled.

"What's a picture worth?" he wrote Thursday, presumably with the guidance of his new Twitter management, along with a link to the photo on Chime.in that captured the 33-year-old "Two and a Half Men" actor next to a sign that pointed at him and said, "I'm with stupid."

He followed up with the remark (again, with help from his management?) that said, "I'm just trying to be a good person."

He noted in his statement on Posterous Thursday that "as an advocate in the fight against child sexual exploitation, I could not be more deeply saddened by the events at Penn State...While I continue to express myself through @aplusk, I'm going to turn the management of my feed over to my team at Katalyst as a secondary editorial measure, to ensure the quality of its content."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Margaret

your adorable..but chill out kid!

November 14, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jackie burkhart

i loved the feeling of you busting your little nuts inside me

November 14, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. the man!

Ashton should not talk about topics he knows nothing about, Jo Pa sucks and so does the show ashton does.

November 13, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. Pat Jacks

Ok Ashton, we forgive you. Its ok. Your heart is in the right place and thats all that matters. We're human and we all make mistakes.

November 12, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. kathy

oh we have all spoken prematurely and so did he. we forget we're human. The way the story broke out had many jumping to conclusion without all the facts and still more facts are emerging. please, way too many perfect judges here.

November 12, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jjflash

Ashton has horrible management and if they're good, he's not listening. He should have never taken the 2 1/2 men gig. Even if he was the funniest man in Hollywood, which he isn't, that part was a trainwreck waiting to happen. I think his management got greedy when they saw the big dollar signs. And he needs to loose the Jesus look; Ashton, it's 2011, not 1965.

November 12, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  7. Ronald H. Witt

Ronald H. Witt Ronald H. Witt

November 12, 2011 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. Blah

I'd think if you are found to be a cheating liar, you'd not comment about the conduct of others......

November 11, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tnvol

Ashton is ok. Like everyone is life, he has made some mistakes. Like everyone in the public eye, he is going to have some haters. I doubt he cares what people on a message board think.

November 11, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Oy VEY!

It's disgusting how this schlump describes his junk as "Giant" on the show he destroyed... I would be willing to bet he actually has a little sailor hat where a normal man's junk is!

November 11, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Hayley

He's only 33? That beard makes him look like crap. Why is he relevant anyways? He sucks, he can only play one character – the typical airhead type.

November 11, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. AJ

Well said John, couldn't agree more! Just another loser troll. But personally I think even 12 is a stretch... my 5 year old has smarter things to say than he does.

November 11, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. thomas twain

She's seventy ? Holy sh!t she looks d@mn good !

November 11, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. thomas twain

I still don't know how he landed Demi.

November 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

Because she's 70 and can't get anyone else maybe?

November 11, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Evel: I've read your comments in the past and have come to the conclusion that not only are you not even original enough to come up with your own username, you are boringly childish. Not child-like, childish. You must be about twelve, I'm guessing. Or at least have the mental capacity of a 12-year-old. I'm at least close here, right?

November 11, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Julie

This guy is trying too hard to be loved and 'cool'..Ashton when you are trying too hard like that it seems phony, fake and it fails !! When you say something own it damn it if you want some respect from people, you love JoePa like many people, you can say you support him but doesn't approve his behaviour in this Sandusky case, not hard guy and p.s: Two and a Half Men sucks now..maybe not really your call, but try to take some acting class..i don't know..lol

November 11, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Superhiro

If I wasnt a lesbian I would think he is the most gorgeous man alive.

November 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Vickie

Love you Ashton..don't let it get to you. Your human. Always a big fan.

November 11, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Pedro' Mexicalli

Ah soooo. He berry berry bad amerikan. He no rike crab rangoon. No rike beef ro mein. He no wewcome in our resaurant.

November 11, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  19. Louie

He played a goofy guy with limited brain in that 70's show, but now this makes him look like he really is goofy with limited brain. I thought he was smarter than that. He's killing Two and a half men.

November 11, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  20. seriously?

kind of like how no one cares about your comments?

November 11, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  21. Observer

Kutcher is a retard, a hack and a liberal stooge. Why he thinks anyone cares about his "tweets" is beyond me. Go away already!

November 11, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Guest

But yet you cared enough to click on the article, read it, AND comment!! I think he'd say the same about you!

November 11, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • pockets

The more you see of these people the more you realize how ignorant they really are. Gutter trash and low life. It makes you wonder how the public continues to support this garbage. He is old school , like old Charlie became. Old men.

November 12, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |