November 5th, 2011

TLC's 'Sister Wives' tackles the case of Warren

How do you explain the case of one of the world's most famous polygamists to a polygamist family?

That's a question that gets answered Sunday night on TLC's hit show "Sister Wives." On the reality series, Cody Brown has four wives, and as of last week, 17 children.

On this Sunday's episode, Brown takes on the challenge of explaining to his children the case of Warren Jeffs, the leader of the 10,000-member Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Jeffs is currently serving a life-plus-20-years term for sexual assault on a 12-year-old girl and a 15-year-old girl he claimed were his "spiritual wives."

Brown calls Jeffs "evil" and takes him to task for his crimes. "Sister Wives" airs at 9 p.m. Sunday nights on TLC.

1. Foot Chaussures

Hiya very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds also?I'm satisfied to search out so many helpful info right here in the publish, we want develop extra strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

June 5, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. cherry red review

I delight in, result in I discovered just what I was having a look for. You have ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

May 17, 2012 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. thailand dating site

Excellent weblog here! Additionally your website quite a bit up fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I am getting your associate hyperlink to your host? I desire my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

May 14, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  4. Yasser

I believe the case between warren and brown are similar and not so similar at the same time. Warren and Brown both practice polygamy but warren raped underage children which was wrong and cruel. In the show, Big Love, it talks about polygamy and the husband not knowing that one of his wives were 16 when he married her because she lied to him he faces the consequences.

December 5, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  5. Teri O

The difference is that Warren Pervert Jeffs was banging the little girls of his compound. That is ILLEGAL!! Cody is marrying women that are 19 and older...and that is when he was young, when he married a 19 year old...so... There is no comparison of the two and it doesn't have to do with anything but child RAPE....as far as I'm concerned... Good thing there is this SISTER WIVES because Cody would probably not spend as much time with his kids....

November 11, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. ann

While I would never ever be a polygamist nor do I agree with their lifestyle choices or beliefs, I am not sure the government needs to be trying to control this per se. I do think they need to be able to financially support whatever family they have and should not involve any one underage or anyone that is forced into the lifestyle. But otherwise I think they should be left alone.

I do think they are glossing over all of the jealousy and drama that probably goes on. I cannot imagine why a man would want to have to work at that many relationships all at once either. I mean some husbands get upset about having one wife that nags them.

November 8, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. JeramieH

I don't care about the polygamy or the religion, but I wonder what makes people so egotistical to think the world wants 20 copies of themselves cranked out. Same goes for the Duggars too. If you want 20 kids and can take care of them, then adopt and give a good home to them.

I've watched a couple episodes, all I saw was a lot of complaining and whining from them.

November 8, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. blue

so, gay marriage is verboten, will ruin marriage in this country is the cry of the morally pure and conservative folks... but, of course it is alright to have four wives and scads of kids with said wives..... waiting patiently for the next wife to appear and get pregnant.... GAWD AMIGHTY

November 8, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. Ugottabekiddingme

I don't understand why people just can't let people live the way they want to. I think this family is loving, supportive and doing the best they can to raise their children right in this day and age. I don't see any behaviors I need to condemn them for. They are asking NOTHING of anyone - not food, money, help. They don't push their lifestyle on anyone else, and they harm no one by living the way that they do. It just seems like people are more comfortable demonizing something that they don't understand or are afraid of then letting people live their own life. If we can make gay marriage legal - then I don't understand why we can't legalize polygamy.

November 8, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  10. Dr. Jantzen

oh – maybe cuz i have a dirty mouth

November 7, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dr. Jantzen

post not working

November 7, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. J

What's hard to explain? He was mean to children and is going to pay for it.

I don't care if your a polygamist or one of the Athletic Directors at Penn State. You take advantage of a kid, and you're done.

November 7, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Bonnie

I like the show, I like all the adults and all the kids. that kind of lifestyle isn't for me, however they seem to be happy and its their lives. I don't get what the "benefits" are for living that way.

November 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Roper

ps...all of those weirdo psycho pioneer looking women "enablers" should have gone to prison with Jeffs.

November 7, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Noelle

BROTHER HUSBANDS???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA... what woman in her right mind would want multiple husbands?? we are way too smart for that!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA.............

November 7, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Roper

More perverted pedophile BS in the name of religion. This Cody guy is an arrogant idiot.

November 7, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. James

Why no Brother Husbands? What if a woman wants more than one husband......come on Mormons...be fair.

November 7, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • truefax

Some chicks dig it why not? If a woman's up for a gang bang on a regular basis let her.

November 8, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  18. HGQ

He should let his wives take other 'husbands' and see how he feels about Polygamy then!

November 7, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Raine

Kody;'s first wife Meri asked Kody that question....how would HE like it if SHE married & added to the family other MEN.....Kody's replied...HE would NOT like it...
      This discussion ensued when he & first wife Meri shared a weekend get away alone for their anninversary...
      Sorry Kody...if you can have extra wives...let the wives have extra husbands too!

November 7, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Geezer

TLC isn't really a learning channel. I think once they had Palin on there I was done for good with them. It's just a reality TV channel just like MTV has morphed into a total garbage programming network.

November 7, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ES

Hey, does anyone fact check articles anymore? The patriarch of "Sister Wives" is named Kody, not Cody.

November 7, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Blessedmommy

It amazes me how much we judge others, but very rarely look at our own selves. This is the way I see it....they are adults who have chosen to worship the GOD they believe in and the faith they believe in. Their children appear to be well cared for. They have clothing, shelter, and food (which many children of single parent/married parent homes do not have.) The children are involved in outside activities and loved, how is that horrible? I don't choose their life style as my own, but I can't fault them for loving each other and following their faith. This is AMERICA and I have the right to believe or not believe in any God/faith I choose, without asking for others approval....Why can't they?

November 7, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really??

Blah..Blah..Blah.. "It amazes me how much we judge others, but very rarely look at our own selves." Who appointed you the don't judge police?? Gimmie a break. They are begging to be judged!! It's a TV show!! Save your self rightous crap for someone who cares. Then you have the nerve to write, "This is the way I see it" lol.

November 7, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Raine

All the wives & children had food & clothing and a roof over their heads but WHO is paying for all this. How do women who don't seem to work support all the children and homes they live in?
      Kody quit his sales employment when they moved and now runs around between 4 homes & 4 wives. Yes, they've chosen to live this way, but WHO pays for the BIRTH of each child Kody so willingly fathers?
      17 children (only one of Robyn's kids is Kody's) to support is like watching Kate & John G scraping money together to support 8 kids.
      Jealously is certainly apparent between the 4 wives...with Robyn the younger & prettier woman, the others seem to be unable to handle her addition to the family.
      Kody needs to keep his pants zipped & stop adding more kids to an over whelmed financially strapped circus.

November 7, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blessedmommy

Raine-I don't know how they afford it...but I don't think it is fair to assume a large family is on welfare, for all we know they had money save up. I agree 100% that if you can't afford to care for your own children then you shouldn't keep having them...I am not one to support having a million children and living on welfare. I just think that people are very harsh towards others, but if someone came at them the same way it would be a whole different story. I just don't feel that it is my place to judge them for the life they chose.

November 8, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  22. marriedman

What I don't get is why would any man want to subject himself to more than one set of in-laws?!?! Sheesh!!!

November 7, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  23. liveinpeace

What happens to all the boys in this community? There must not be enough wives for every boy. Or...can one woman have several brother-husbands? That would only be fair. How flexible is this religion then?

November 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Nicole

While I certainly don't agree with this family's beliefs, I don't think they should be hated on. there is simply no justification for a man to take more than one wife. I feel this is only encouraged in their religion in order to create the most offspring possible to expand their following. I am absolutely opposed to it, but who am I to judge? It is their decision and they will have to live with it.

November 7, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  25. teddy

What a disgusting show. All those poeple in that family should be thrown in a giant whole and buried alive!

TV just gets sicker and sicker! What an irresponsible TV show to air. Shame on the network that broadcasts this puke-worthy garbage! The children should be taken away from these pigs.

November 7, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • FlyGuyInSJ

So, let me get this straight: you want to burn a bunch of people alive and make their children wards of the state, yet you are calling others sick?

November 8, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Sunny Murchison

This Mormon family in Las Vegas is practicing an ancient tribal and Old Testament and Islamic belief system: Polygamy. We watch "Sister Wives" as the media portrays them, not as they honestly interact off camera in everyday life! Human beings are not necessarily monogamous married to only one spouse notwithstanding!

November 7, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  27. RIP Clyde Frog

Sherlock Homes exposed mormanism's dangerous beliefs in the must read A Study in Scarlett

November 7, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • E.C.

I still can't believe he's gone. He's really gone!

November 7, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • GetReal

You do know that Sherlock Holmes is fiction, right? And so is what Doyle wrote in that story about Mormons.

November 7, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Lisa Bertanza

Sister Wives became interesting to me because it brought to my attention the challenges of a family deep in love wth family and their faith. TV part yes, has publicized the family and faith, but the Poligitimitrylike Christian, Catholic, Protestant, Methodist, Baptist been since Jesus Christ. I commend them for going on TV. They want to make a difference in their faith and make it easier for their children to live in this world. This is America and the land of promise and freedom. Noone should have to hide who they are. I am catholic born and raised. I come from a loving family and have a family of my own. I want to see my children as ghey are teaching theirs, be loved and grow to be whatever and do whatever they want.
    KUDOS TO THEM!!!! I admire everyone of them!

November 7, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  29. mommyof2

It hurts my heart that these ppl believe that a plural marriage brings you closer to God. God is a loving God and he wants us to experience love. Not shared love. What hurts me the most is the children pay the price. They have a circus side show as a father. He can not possible be involved in these childrens lives the way a good father should be. I am not here to judge, we will all stand before God on judgement day. But I pray for the kids. I pray they break this horrible cycle.

November 7, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisa b

Your statesment is judging others. These Children are mad because they didn't want to move. Like most Children they find it hard to move from their friends and their home since birth. This is not a single side event because of their faith and religion at all. A common challenge with all children in this situation.

November 7, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  30. Jupiter

From my limited understanding of fundementalist moronism I've gathered that they believe that through this marriage this man is their spiritual guide and responsible for their covenant with God. When they die as they are bound for eternity through this marriage the spouses and their ancestors and depcendents will live together in a utopia forever....from what I've gatherd from the few times I've been able to view a few minutes of this horribly boring show they don't seem to truly enjoy each others company and their children don't understand or desire this lifestyle so that kinda sounds like hell...just saying.

November 7, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  31. Sam

My wife used to watch this show. I can't stand it. Why is this show on.

November 7, 2011 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  32. gap

My Understanding ( through the show) is that this Brown family dosent have a home church in Vegas to go and worship and fellowship at. They have even resorted to interviewing another pastor of a different church affiliation all together. but here's what my issues are.. so the rest of this is directed at them and hopefully some positive answers will come from my questions to them.
    I personally checked to see if there are any AUB ( which the Browns are members of) church buildings where the Brown family could go and "practice" and "worship" and yes, there is one in the Las Vegas area. so why do they have to go to "other" affiliations of different worship when there is a church with the same beliefs and teachings that they are members of in that area?
    Makes me to believe that there is something not good going on there with that situation or decision. In the episode tonite, they admitted that they are not supported by their own church for coming "out" and making everything public..
    Dear Brown family..
    If you have a church that you believe in, have a testimony of, and know that this is what you need to be living and practicing.. why distance yourselves from your house of worship by going to another church of a different religion just so that your teenaged children can have a positive outlet and group to join? Especially if there is a AUB church in Las Vegas near you? have you been shunned by members of your own faith and turned away? Have you been pushed out (officially excommunicated) of the church for becoming "public"? Is this why you gather your family in one of the homes and preach to one another and use the same hymnals as the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints?

also in another episode, a discussion with kody's friends , kody was questioned by the group and he refused to share his testimony and testify to the truthfulness of his beliefs when he was asked why he chose this lifestyle.
    These are just questions that arise in my mind ( as does others) when the show is being viewed.
    How do you all afford to live? Where does all of your money come from to provide for 17 children and 5 adults? According to the show.. There has been endeavors to job seek as selling real Estate, but I didnt see anything of any offical jobs exactly... it's expensive to live.. so how are you going to pay for your family to survive. If you loose yoru "tv' fame and fortune on TLC then what other sources of true income do you have?
    I quote the words of your own children.. "we dont like it here" Were just stuck here in this Hell" "we were pushed out of Utah, without family near us"
    I am not trying to judge your beliefs or to compare them to mine.. but you are the ones whom took the ultimate risk to bring your lives into the public eye of others and to bring the drama of the world with their judgements knocking at your own doors.
    There's so many different feelings and thoughts happening all at one time with everyone in your own family ..that it has got to be "hell" to have to deal with all of the pressures and hurts that are happening. not surprising that the children are quarreling, fighting and physically hurting one another and the teens are upset and lashing out.
    kody has said in other shows.. that it is his responsibility as a parent to help to teach and to "protect" his children.. how are you protecting your children when you put them into the public eye to be judged and finger pointed at by their peers? how can they attend school or go "anywhere" in public without getting recognized and/or judged (good or bad)? It is just personal sabotage and legal exploitation of your innocent children..

How is all of this telivision exposure going to bring you closer to your Heavenly Father and family unit. Yes, people become stronger and deal with things spiritually and learn to overcome. but you can also cause yourself and others in your family to be harmed by your poor choices and bringing drama to your own lives and the lives of your children. If this Religion is something that you all believe in and want to practice, then go ahead and practice it without making it a public "mockery'.. The members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints Get alot of people who mis judge and think that they are affiliated with your AUB religion. and we are not affiliated with you (or you with us at all.)
    I ask you to think about what this "tv" exposure is doing to your entire family and the continuous contriditions and messages that you are sending about your personal beliefs as a family and individuals. It is hypocritical. Are you all really "in this" for the Lord as your motivation.. or is it more about the "fame and fortune" becaus eif it's all about GOD.. then Im certain that he wouldnt support doing a LIVE TV show Exposing himself or his son Jesus Christ. pretty sure that He has no intrests in being FILMED. JUST THINK ABOUT IT thanks

November 7, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Hey gap.......

Windbag much? Sheesh, talk about the proverbial soapbox. Do you really think what you have to say is important enough to write all that? I didn't even read it, I just saw the length and said, "No way." Unlike your wife, who is a size queen I heard.

November 7, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Adjo

I saw a few minutes of this show once and kind of didn't understand the entertainment value. But I digress...does anyone know if he is actually legally married to more than one of these women? Their lifestyle in no way offends me...just asking out of curiousity. I didn't think you could have a legally recognized marriage to more than one person.

November 6, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • sunny

He is legally married to his first wife Meri, the other three are "spiritual marriages" that are only binding within the church. You can't have a legal marriage (i.e., a civil union with a state-issued marriage license) to more than on person. Utah tried to charge them with bigamy but he isn't legally married to anyone but the first wife.

November 6, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  34. ldstep

I really feel sorry for the kids in all of these households. They are really exposed to a totally abnormal existence. It's obvious ALL of these women have ZERO self esteem and must feel as though they could never get anyone. Three of the women are obese and, unfortunately, desperate for attention. The guy is just a totally dominating piece of work. My sympathy to the kids.

November 6, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • When you point a finger, you have three pointing back at you.

Most of America is obese, so what? I don't believe you've ever watched this show. From the comments you're making, I think you're just making snap judgements about people you know nothing about. The Brown family is more wholesome than most American families. I believe their children benefit not only from the support of their great family, but from the wisdom of each individual parent.

November 7, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • ldstep

@When you point a finger... : Sorry I touched a nerve. You must be another morbildly obese person (or one of the wives!!) to respond with "Most of America is obese, so what." Fatties usually defend other fatties.

And yes, I've seen two episodes of the show. That was enough for me.

November 8, 2011 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
    • ldstep

@When you point a finger... : And yes, I spelled morbidly wrong. The last thing I want to do is offend an obese person who is probably a member of the 'grammar police' also.

November 8, 2011 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  35. @Mad Rap3r

Sorry..it was the"Brett Ratner-Olivia Munn" blog.

November 6, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  36. @Mad Rap3r

Looks like Starrfire is trying to start something with you and Evel on WYWW blog. G()d only knows she tried with everyone else. Evel won't fall for it. He is cool.

November 6, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Beautiful Vixen

@Mad Rap3r, hi sweetie :/ . How are you? Hope all is well. Umm..yes this dosen't sound like a bad thing for men..lol. Enjoy your your night and have a good week. xoxo

November 6, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  38. mormonator

Am too. Am too a Mormon. I am a Mormon super hero !

November 6, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  39. The Måd Råp3r

How does he have 4 wives and a show about it? Polygamy is illegal. Doesn't bother me morally as long as you don't go the kid-banging Jeffs route though. I've always wondered if the wives hook up. Seriously what's the point if you can't get a good christian wife pile going?

November 6, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  40. @gah

Chill out. It's a blog regardless. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Not everyone is great at spelling but they might be better at other things you're not good at. Sheesh..

November 6, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  41. lojenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1kkOCaXmLw&w=640&h=390]

November 6, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  42. gah

it's mormon not morman. whether you bash them or support them, just spell it right. it's like spelling catholic as catholick or catholik – just makes you look like an idiot and negates whatever point you're trying to make

November 6, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Kimmizi

I love this show! These people are brave, interesting and a blast to watch. This show is about another type of american family. I could never share my spouse, but I so respect these women, their strength and their committment to a very difficult life choice. Go Brown's!

November 6, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  44. B.Goodwin

Would not waste my time watching this show. Have better things to do.

November 6, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Dee G.

Obviously not, or you wouldn't be reading this article, much less commenting on it.

November 6, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Cody Brown

THIS IS THE BEST SHOW ON T.V.!!

November 6, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • tinamarie

I personally don't agree with your life style choice,but I do beleive that grown adults have the right to live their life as long as it dosen't hurt anyone else.I am an member of The Church of Latter Day Saints,and have been for 34 years.I also beleive in the 11 th Article of Faith,We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience and allow all men the same privilege,let them worship how where or what they may...I have watched your show sence the beging and enjoy the program.your childern seem healthy and well adjusted,and have opinions of their own.This is a good tv show and I wish it was still on here in Montana...

January 1, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Sam .M

Why is this show back on the air? This is the worse reality tv show there is.

November 6, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Djalma

i could really do wohuitt the captionsmaybe location and date if you are set on using something to signify where it is or whenbut reading exactly what i can see in the image is a little too much informationi think the images would be much stronger if i just looked at one, for example the garbage one, i can see that it kinda looks like something and i'd rather spend time trying to understand it then just reading Garbage Outside the Mall that Looks Like a Rabbit cause after that i am just reading the captions instead of looking

August 12, 2012 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  47. It's a blog..

no need to always correct ppl on spelling. People mispell words all the time on purpose or they can be typing from their phones. I do sometimes. Just saying..

November 6, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • gah

i only correct people when they are acting as if they know everything or being just plain annoying

November 6, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Beautiful Vixen

That sure doesn't sound like a good way to die Tracie. Just think though, you might be able to be on "1,000 Ways -2- Die" with a death like that.

November 6, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  49. Lin

you know, I have watched this show faithfully and have been an "investagator where the Morman faith is concerned for some time now. This has opened my eyes to what I see and what the Mormans have told me not to mention what the Morman book says. How I would love to talk with Mary of the wives as she is the one who has had my attention this entire time. Anyone have her address so I can write her? I have so many questions and now I am so confused. What do you believe and what do you not? Even their children are talking about not beng Morman anymore and exploring other faiths? Their has to be hidden feelings in this marriage that no one is talking about! Come on now someone talk to me

November 5, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee G.

You might want to learn how to use spell check first – *investigator *Mormon

November 6, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • gah

"their" is different from "there," and they are both very different from "they're"
      in this case it would be "there has to be"

November 6, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • stymie

It may just be a silly blog, Mormon should be spelled right. There, their or they're I can live with the incorrect usage.

November 7, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Webster

Ass clown is very different from ass hat. In this case, you are an ass clown. Save the grammar lessons for school.

November 7, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Jules

Lin, the best way to get information is got to Mormon.org. Do not contact anyone on the show if you really want to know about the Mormon church (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). They are not real LDS, if they ever were. The lifestyle they live is not taught in our churches.

November 7, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  50. mormonator

And they better make me some dang bacon today ! A bunch of it ! And cheesiepoofs !

November 5, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  51. mormonator

Us Mormons RULE ! We got lots of wives who work all day so we can take it easy. My 12 wives wash cars and cut grass and clean houses and cook me some bacon.

November 5, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Toxic Barbie

@just asking, my thoughts exactly. Who watches this show anyway.

November 5, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Observer

tracie, shut up. You're a liberal stooge.

November 5, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Elder Williams

You are right our good Sister. The FLDS is the true Morman Church. Many of the young people are trying to change our doctrine and rewriting our belief system. The old ways are the best ways. GO BYU !

November 5, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deborah

Elder, you are not even spelling Mormon the correct way. It is not spelled with an A but with an O. Leads me to believe you are not who or what you say you are.

November 6, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • davis

I agree. they are not LDS/Mormon. can't spell it right in a post then we know you lie. And adding go BYU at the end....pfffffft! A laugher!

November 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Cora LDS

And the FLDS is the real Mormon Church. We pratice the faith the way it is supposed to be done. The way our grandparents did.

November 5, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Troll Sighter

Cora LDS is a troll. Not LDS, and not FLDS. The FLDS don't allow TV or internet in their compound unless you are one of the leaders. Nice and hypocritical of them, isn't it?

November 7, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Cora LDS

This is a good show. Us Mormons are Mormontastic !

November 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uh...no

Uh...please. No real Mormon would ever say Mormontastic. And these polygamous freaks are NOT Mormon. They are Latter-Day Saints. They're just desperate women living with a guy who isn't really even all that.

November 7, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uh...no

My bad. I meant to say they are NOT latter-day saints. Mormons/LDS no longer practice polygamy (and it might interest a few of you to know that when mormons were practicing polygamy, it wasn't illegal and about 3% of the US population practiced it.) IMO, all men have one more wife than they deserve anyway.

November 7, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  57. jus askin

Why is this show even on?

November 5, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda B

How do they support all those houses and children? Since the father is only legally married to one wife, do the others get state assistance? Dont have all those families if you cant support them. I dont want to be paying their rent and health care.

November 7, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Kat

Some of the wives work, and they share chores and childcare. I've only watched a couple of episodes, but I didnt see any evidence that they took any form of public assistance.

November 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • G

THESE TYPES OF SHOWS ARE BEING PUT TOGETHER BY THE NETWORKS BECAUSE POLYGAMY IS BEING MARKETED TO THE AMERICN PUBLIC AS IF IT IS SOME KIND OF HEALTHY, "NORMAL" WAY TO HAVE A HOME AND BRING UP CHILDREN. JOSEPH SMITH, THE FOUNDER OF MORMONISM, HAD NO HOME WHATSOEVER THAT REFLECTED COMMON DECENCY- HE TOOK AT LEAST 34 WOMEN AS "WIVES," MANY OF WHOM HAD LIVING HUSBANDS AND MANY OF WHOM WERE BELOW THE AGE OF 18. IN REALITY, THE WOMEN INVOLVED IN POLYGAMY IN THE US ALL GO THROUGH MUCH JEALOUSY AND ANGER, BUT THEY ARE TAUGHT BY EARLY MORMON LEADERS' WRITINGS TO SQUELCH THOSE FEELINGS AS IF THEY ARE A SIGN OF HORRIBLE SELFISHNESS, DISOBEDIENCE, ETC.. LOOK UP WHAT BRIGHAM YOUNG HAD TO SAY TO WOMEN AND ABOUT THEM REGARDING THIS SUBJECT. IT IS TRULY INSULTING.

THESE SHOWS ARE AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE THE REST OF AMERICA START TO ACCEPT WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON IN SEVERAL WESTERN US STATES FOR MANY YEARS. WOMEN ARE SUPPOSED TO ACCEPT THIS NONSENSE AS IF IT HAS ANYTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH BUILDING A REAL LIFE WITH SOMEONE. IN REALITY POLYGAMY REMAINS EXACTLY AS UNEQUAL AND UNFAIR FOR THE WOMEN AS IT ALWAYS WAS. MORMONISM STILL HAS POLYGAMY AS A TEACHING REGARDING THE AFTERLIFE.. SALT LAKE CITY LEADERSHIP TRIES HARD TO HIDE ITS ORIGINS AND THE THINGS REGARDING POLYGAMY THAT ARE STILL WITHIN ITS SO-CALLED SACRED WRITINGS. . POLYGAMY WAS ADAMANTLY TAUGHT AND PRACTICED BY EARLY MORMONS . IT WAS CLEARLY EQUATED WITH SALVATION BY THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT MORMON LEADERS, JOSEPH SMITH AND BRIGHAM YOUNG. .POLYGAMY IS STILL ACTUALLY A HIDDEN PART OF MAINSTREAM MORMON DOCTRINE, WHETHER THE LEADERSHIP WILL EVER ADMIT TO IT OR NOT. BUT IT IS SELDOM MENTIONED AND IT IS CLOAKED HEAVILY.

November 7, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shawn

The show is on because people like me want to watch it. If you don't like it then just turn the channel. It's not that hard or impossible.

November 8, 2011 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
    • JudgeMuch?

Can't believe the negative comments toward these women. I've watched the show and to be honest, I feel more sorry for the man than the women. They are all strong, empowered, opinionated, and intelligent women who are committed to this lifestyle, to the man, to each other and to the family as a whole. I can admire that whether or not I agree with their beliefs. And the children all seem to be well adjusted and respectful but not "brainwashed". All in all they seem to be doing a lot better than a lot of other so-called normal families.

November 8, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • tBone

my thoughts exactly, Jus Askin.
      G is right. this show and other crap on tv is shameless propaganda trying to brainwash the public into accepting all that is screwed up with society as somehow "normal". F you TLC. the only show i like on that network is What Not To Wear ...and even that show sometimes forces women to conform to some cookie cutter image of what women "should look like".

November 16, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |