Kate Gosselin gets a job
November 4th, 2011

Kate Gosselin gets a job

Kate Gosselin, single mom of eight and former reality star, has wrangled a new job.

After telling People magazine that she was "freaking out, big time" after her TLC reality show was canceled and admitting she didn't know what was going to come next for her, it turns out the next thing is not a TV gig but a writing job.

E! reports that the reality star will start blogging for CouponCabin.com about....well, coupons.

(With eight people, not including herself, to feed, we're guessing she's got the "Extreme Couponing" thing down pat.)

Gosselin says in a statement, "No matter how much money you have, it's just smart to use coupons. It's like free money in your pocket."

You can read more of those gems when Gosselin starts blogging for CouponCabin.com on November 22.

In the meantime, Gosselin has to worry about a parenting group lashing out at her because of a photo of one of her 7-year-old sons appearing to crawl out from underneath her van.

In a photo obtained by RadarOnline, the 7-year-old is seen underneath the vehicle, reportedly while Gosselin sat at the wheel. Radar reports that the scenario occurred when Gosselin was picking her kids up from the bus stop to take them home.

The founder and president of the organization KidsAndCars.org, Janette Fennell, tells Radar that Gosselin "should have gotten out of the car to supervise them, especially when you have that many children."

Thankfully, the child was unharmed and found his way back into the family's van. Nonetheless, Fennell, whose organization advocates for kids' safety around vehicles, tells Radar that Gosselin "is blessed she didn't run him over."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. iphone verizon

Magnificent web site. Plenty of helpful info here. I'm sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you to your sweat!

February 19, 2013 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. Whatever

Artificial kids? Just because they were conceived in a non-traditional way doesn't mean they are any less real than any other kids. Cut them some slack. They didn't ask for a public life. As for the comments about Kate, don't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes. If you dislike her so much, here's an idea: don't contribute to her fame by reading articles and watching TV shows about her. Get a life of your own!

November 25, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Freespirit715

I wish she would just go away. She is not the only one in this country with financial problems. And she has a nursing degree and nurses make a good living. In hard times you downsize – she should learn to do that. Obviously her children are no concern. She just wants to be famous. they will hate her someday for that.

November 25, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. unowhoitsme

I hated the way she always put John down on public TV. No wonder he found greener pastures. She's way too into herself. She can't even control her children and she's always yelling.

November 25, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  5. RCDC

She is beautiful if only she got no kids and single...

November 22, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. stevetall

Finally, a job where she doesn't have to blow! Another victory for white trash America.

November 14, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Xfacto

Guess what! I GOT A JOB TOO!!!! Hey my mom raised 9 kids. And our family was small in comparison to our neighbor who had 14, and STAYED married.

November 13, 2011 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. Teri

Well, that'll be my last visit to couponcabin.

November 12, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jerim

KATE – YOU ROCK! YOU ARE NOT ONLY BEAUTIFUL BUT SMART. KEEP REACHING FOR THAT RAINBOW BECAUSE YOU DESERVE TO HAVE HAPPINESS WITH YOUR CHILDREN. ANYONE WISHING YOU LESS, IS NOTHING BUT JEALOUS AND PETTY. I HOPE YOUR GREAT LIFE CONTINUES FOR YOU.

November 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

About the last thing I am is jealous of Kate Gosselin! I am sorry she was so horrid to her husband he finally snapped like a rubber band and just wanted to be anywhere but with her. I am sorry she was and is so selfish and self-centered, she can't see past her own reflection. She didn't have that TLC show crammed down her throat; she wanted it and she wanted it to last forever. Look at the pictures of Kate before the show started, and look at her now. If she has no money to raise her kids, it's because she spent so much on plastic surgery, dental everything, decking herself to the nines because she was so sure she would be a star forever. She has such a hateful manner and is so rude, why would anyone want to watch that every day? And a bodyguard??? Yeah, some people thought she was over the top rude, but I doubt she needed a bodyguard! What a hoot.....

November 11, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Reasonable Man

I am soooo relieved. Now crawl back under your rock Kate.

November 10, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  11. Blech

I guess pooping out a litter of artificial kids is not paying as well as it used to....multiples are so yesterday.

November 10, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. Canadian Mom

If she needs money so badly, shy doesn't she sever some of her land off and sell it?? That's what I would do.

November 10, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
    • CanaadianMom

I meant 'why' not 'shy'...Yikes!! Too early in the morning, I guess!

November 10, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  13. Val

Sucks to be her now that the gravy train has ended. Guess she should have actually SAVED some of that cash they got from the TV, and not blown it on parties, plastic and boobs. Food stamps will be next.

November 10, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  14. Lisa

What? You mean a woman whose only claim to fame is having 8 kids? Her 15 minutes of fame is over and she has a job blogging about coupons. Really? Call me when she writes a book on Quantum Mechanics.

November 9, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. Rochelle

I can't imagine letting a child of any age crawl underneath a vehicle, especially one with a driver in it. She always seemed to be an overprotective mother...but that was when Jon was around to do her bidding running after the kids. I didn't watch the show much when it was Kate and the 8 kids, but I do remember her letting some of her children bungee jump and then she jumped, screaming all the way. This woman is not putting her children first.

November 9, 2011 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  16. Nunya

Morons...

November 8, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  17. paris

why is it that you think kate sucks and yet no one says anything about the duggars, who ust announced they are having their 20th child? its all the same thing. annoying ass kids, peopel breeding to stay relevant..i cant stand any of them to tell the truth and i shake my head at the people who keep reality tv going. now the majority of the shows on tv are "reality" shows and you can hardly find a scripted show. anyone with a life of their own should not be so concerned about what kate does for a living. leave her alone.

November 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Listen carefully, and maybe you will see the difference. The Duggars are not demanding to be famous and haven't changed their standard of living or their way of life since they've been on TLC. They would have had whatever kids they've had, TV or not, because that is their life choice. Kate turned into the shrew she is, aand ruined her family's lives because she was not prepared for having a large family, so she thought everyone else owed her whatever she wanted the minute she found out she was having 6 (which happened because she insisted on going the fertility drug route in spite of the fact her husband wasn't in agreement). She is so harsh and rude, no matter how hard Jon tried, he could never do anything right. I used to just cringe at the way she treated him and talked to him. There is so much difference in these 2 families; the Duggars are pleasant, kind to others, kind to each other, treat people with respect, and love and Kate is judgmental, rude, hateful, and selfish to the bone. You are living in the twilight zone to think the Duggars are worse than Kate. These people prepared carefully and live in a manner that makes sense so they can support their children; all of their kids are happy and well-behaved when they go out, as well as hospitable to all who come through their door. And yeah, I know them....

November 12, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
    • stevetall

Actually, they all suck. Overpopulation is a serious problem, and when the white trash/religious morons/media hungry start making babies just to make them, they deprive all of us of a better planet. Imagine the gaul of anyone who thinks their bloodline is so special that they should propogate like rabbits. Octo-mom, Duggers, Kate, all a bunch of self-centered pinheads. Grow up, morons!

November 14, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. jerseygirl

She can always go back to her respectable career which was nursing.

November 8, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  19. CAgirlinFL

Great. Now I can sleep at night.

November 8, 2011 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  20. Real Deal

wow............look at all of the sycophants that support child abuse ............gosselin has abused her kids and someday it will come back and bite her on the azzzz for it

hopefully, no one else in society will suffer from the coming disfunctionality of the abused little kiddies ................ wonder if the kate sycophants will still defend her greed or will they blame society for letting her do it to us?

read the foolishness from the kate sycophants and you get a feel for what is coming at us in the future

November 8, 2011 at 4:55 am | Report abuse |
  21. BleachCleans

What a rag, that voice, always b(tch)n about something. ewww she drives me nutz

November 7, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Sensible

Stop hating on Kate. Kate, you are wonderful. You did what you had to do to take care of your kids. Don't listen to these haters. They have nothing. You at the very least can say you did something. I know they are going to write and hate on this comment. But it will only be the haters that are losers and jealous of you.

November 7, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • jerim

So glad that someone else can be kind to Kate. She was offered an amazing opportunity that most of us would have taken and lived her life in the spotlight with her biggest child (Jon) and surviving the best way she could. I don't know any other woman who could have lived with him any differently. He acted extremely selfish and childish most of the time. The cameras showed more of her "mean" moments because that's what causes controversy and boy, did it! I think Kate has done an amazing job trying to raise her 8 children alone, for the most part. And most of us would freak out if we were in her position where we were lucky enough to have the "good life" and then suddenly it was pulled from under us. I hope Kate finds an amazing job on TV. She has been a wonderful "reporter" on many shows and I hope that one of the talk shows picks her for the panel. My best wishes to you Kate. Go get them and ignore the jealous people on this blog.

November 11, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

You know, back when the 6 were very little and the show was developing and just beginning to air, I read Kate's personal blog, and it showed Kate in her "own light". She stated clearly that she pursued Jon, they were very happy and that he was a great dad and good husband. she said he was very content with the twins, and she insited on having another pregnancy, in spite of the fact Jon had huge reservations because he feared another multiple pregnancy. From the get-go with the 6, she was begging for stuff, money and anything else she could get her hands on, though they had been fine with the twins.

You say any woman would have talked to Jon the same as Kate; I don't think so. She was so harsh and cruel, no matter how hard he tried, nothing was ever good enough. She had such severe OCD, she made every outing a misery. He changed over time, from a friendly, pleasant, loving husband and father to a man who just appeared to be miserable and brow-beaten by a harpy shrew. I'm a woman and I assure you I wouldn't publicly humiliate my husband because of some toy issue in Toys R Us.

November 11, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pleaseseekhelp

Do you think celebrities read these comments? Unless you can offer this woman money or a TV show, I'm quite sure that she doesn't care at all about whether you support her or "hate on" her.

November 15, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Baabur

I have a job for her, I have knob that needs polishing.

November 7, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Ben

I think she is a pip. Having said that, I see plenty of jealous folks here. She lucked out dropping 8 pups at once and getting on TV. Now she is without a job and with 8 extra mouths to feed and people are happy? I hope you treat your own families better!

November 7, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • id2nv2nj2ca

Not the brightest bulb on the tree, are you Ben? She had two children to begin with, and then had 6 at once.

November 19, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Raine

Jon & Kate already had TWO healthy daughters. They willingly took risk/gamble to "have more kids"....adding 6 childrento their lives . They then divorced, leaving 8 children with supposed "single parents" who can't afford to support them without the benefit ot a TV Realtiy show. .The only reason Kate is "famous" is because she was pregnant with 6 babies & she & Jon were offered the TV show. They then buy a large estate that theycan't afford w/o the benefit of the pay from the former TV show is ridiculous. Jon and Kate can't possibly afford to feed & clothe all 8 kids & pay for the large home & grounds they purchased together.
    The kids are being used as money pawns. They're getting older now and the "cuteness" that once endeared them to me has gone by the wayside. Now they are just annoying.
    Go away Kate & Jon...get another life without us in it.

November 7, 2011 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  26. radicalnessification

I have never understood how having eight children is something good and righteous. And televising the ensuing nonsense from those eight, separate decisions is ridiculous. This woman's life is of no interest to me; being wealthy and popping out an exuberant number of offspring is not an achievement in any sense.

Is she Mormon? I know individuals of that particular brand of religious nonsense like to have as many kids as possible, in order to build a bigger army of "believers".

November 6, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Wheresdawhitewomen

Please NO PRON with her, be like watching a dude throw a hotdog down a hallway!

November 6, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  28. IxNay

I imagine it is hard for her to look after all of those kids. Most parents with large families have had to learn how to do it themselves, but she never had to. She always had others do it for her. I hope the kids don't suffer because of this although I think they have. They seem to be brats.

November 6, 2011 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
  29. billiebrent

Did you watch the "Extreme Couponing" show they should have featured Printapons which I use and print coupons from online

November 5, 2011 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  30. Cody

Boycott Cabin Coupon until they fire her ass.

November 4, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • jerim

That is certainly a nasty comment! For people who don't even know this woman, you certainly are cruel. How would you like people to treat you this way.

November 11, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  31. D

Now, now Kate is only trying to be a good provider for her family .Give the poor woman a break

November 4, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alexis

She's a Registered Nurse for the love of Mike. How hard can it be for her to find a job?

November 4, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • I have a job

I can understand her difficulty in finding a job, who would want to knowingly hire someone with 8 kids? Some of my employees with much less are constantly having to leave early or or do something for their kids. I'm not bashing that, but having an employee with 8 kids is a risk many employers are not willing to take.

November 10, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Dana

DEAR KATE: GO AWAY PLEASE!

November 4, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Autumnn

I hope she realizes that blogging about coupons isn't as easy as it looks. I'm a saving money blogger (not a coupon blogger, though) and unless she knows how to write quality articles without making the readers feel like they're idiots, then she isn't going to get much views. There are TONS of coupon blogs out there and most are comfortable with a certain blog. Just because she's Kate Gosselin doesn't mean she's going to get a lot of readers. Plus, unless they're paying her big bucks, she isn't going to make a lot as a part-time blogger. She might actually have to go out and get a real job.

November 4, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  34. derp

II have a job for her

November 4, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  35. layla

So the shameless fame-wh0re might actually have to work for a living like rest of us peasants. Boo-Freakin'-Hoo.

November 4, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  36. justwrong1

The fact that this person, not woman or lady, this person was hired to do anything is tragic. There are millions of people, intelligent people who need a job, this piece-of-work should not be allowed to give an opinion on something she knows nothing about, couponing, really!, what would this diva wanna-be know about couponing, she's been pimping her kids for money since birth, really !

November 4, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rochelle

Don't you remember when she blew up at Jon for buying something without using the coupon she had? She made him return the item and then get the same thing using the coupon. She's a dingbat who seems to "freak out" every time money is mentioned. She is also a narcissist who I think cares only about what those dear children can do for her...after all, the fact that she carried 8 children is what she is known for. Does anyone remember when, early in the show she stated adamantly that she would NEVER have a nanny...she would raise her own children, no one else would?

November 9, 2011 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  37. j

This will only last so long – grocery chains are changing rules regarding coupons to thwart these crazy extreme couponers. And regarding her kid under her car – my child would never think of that – her kids are either stupid or raised very badly.

November 4, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

I'm no Kate fan, but I've had a lot of kids (at one time I had 9 under the age of 11, and before you jump all over me for THAT, I was a foster parent with kids of my own), and did anyone ever consider that her son might have dropped something while getting into the van, Kate was aware of it, and allowed him to get it from under the van, and then he jumped in and off they went? Sheesh, this woman does enough real stuff that makes people want to slap her, but this is not one of them. There is no proof she had no idea where her child was or what was happening.

November 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Evel Knievel

Job == MILF p0rn

November 4, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  39. shalb

please make her go away... why is this newsworthy?

November 4, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Rolyat

Get a job at Wal-Mart as a cashier. Don't expect a high paying job in the entertainment field. You have no talent.

November 4, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  41. gah

oh that poor, poor woman. on acres and acres of property and the poor thing has to get a job writing about coupons. *gag*

November 4, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lori

@gah, did you take a dumb pill this morning? Do you think that property is paid off? It is typical. People wanted Kate and her family in the spotlight and paid her for it. She got accustomed to a certain life style as you would have too. Just as typical people kick Kate when she is down. Do I think Kate is a saint? No but she was never supposed to be one. She is just a person and she was lucky enough to hit the big time and she has every right to try to fill that void to keep her in the life style WE PUT HER IN. People have to stop building up other people and then kicking them down. It's disgusting.

November 4, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • DMJ

Oh DARN! Maybe, just maybe, she should have been saving some of that money she made from the reality TV show instead of spending it. Never felt sorry for her, and don't now as she needs to lie in the bed she made. I do feel sorry for her kids. From what I've seen of her on TV, she's a snarky, manipulative, and nasty woman. TV shows never last, and if she was truely 'freaking out" when the show ended then she hadn't planned for her or her kids' future. I can only hope that sooner or later the kids will be moved to a loving and supportive home.

November 7, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  42. Karma

Well Well Well.. Isnt this the biggest bi t ch ever. She wants to be on TV and NO ONE wants her. THE TALK said NO WAY. The CHEW said GET OTTA HERE there is NO PLACE for this narcissist and now she is writing for a COUPON blog. Now that is the funniest thing I have EVER heard. FAILED once again Kate..

November 4, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Techno Viking

I thought her job was being a drain on society? Why don't you get a real job like millions of other single moms?

November 4, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Canuck Joe

carrieanne is wonderful and awesome and beautiful. you are just jealous of her success.

November 4, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Adara

@Carrieanne..why apologize bc for them? The whole world is full of people like them. You can consider yourself one bc you aplologize to people to get approval. Get a backbone.

November 4, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  46. Canuck Joe

Canada is Beautiful ! Bur America has gooder food.

November 4, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  47. carrieanne

Hi Nancy! I see the US vs Canada battle has kicked off again! I would like to apologize to the world for the nuckleheads of Jersey Shore and the circus known as the Kardashians. And happy couponing Kate!

November 4, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Flatsguide

And I thought I was the only one who thought those 2 shows were stupid. Thanks for restroing my faith in humanity, carrieanne!

November 7, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  48. NANCY

FIRSTY ! Im not from Canada so I am firsty.

November 4, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |