Snooki: I won't be broke like the Situation
November 3rd, 2011

Snooki: I won't be broke like the Situation

There’s no word yet on when/where another season of MTV’s hit series will film, but Snooki isn’t worried. The self-proclaimed meatball has been saving all her money so she can support herself after the show is off the air.

“‘Jersey Shore’ is going to end soon,” Snooki told GQ. “I’m not going to spend money like Mike. He’s already broke.”

And though season 5 will most likely follow “Shore’s” surefire format, Snooks said she would do things a little differently if she were in charge.

“I wouldn't show as much drinking and partying,” she said. “I would show more of us chilling out and having a good time. … They don't show anything but us drinking and hooking up.”

“I think that if they showed the sober side of us, people would like it even more and it'd even change people's minds about us,” she added.

Snooki, who has one best-selling novel under her belt and another work of fiction on the way, also informed GQ that she's not really into reading.

"I don't read. I don't like to read 'Harry Potter' or anything like that. It's not my style."

For those fans who want to relive season 4, the four-disc set, which includes all 12 uncensored episodes, as well as bonus footage, will be available in stores on December 27. And if you’re experiencing GTL withdrawals with “Jersey Shore” on hiatus, fear not - your favorite fist-pumpers will be back before you know it.

Home from Italy, the gang reunites in Seaside Heights for “Shore’s” fifth season, which will air on January 5.

What we know so far: Vinny took a break from filming at the start of the season to “recharge his batteries.” But we’ll have to wait until 2012 to see the rest of the drama unfold. Well, at least the drama that's not included in this 3 minute sneak peek.

Will you watch season 5 when it premieres on January 5 at 10 p.m. ET/PT?

Post by:
Filed under: Jersey Shore • television

1. Greg

After looking at that picture, all i can say is, DDAMMMNNNN J–WOWWWWWW

November 29, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bbstacker7072

In response to 'Yo Jersey Shore Haters'. Why don't you speak English?

November 29, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  3. AlanW

From a bestselling author... Well, that's it lads. Expect the Four Horsemen any day now.

November 27, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Aaron

that has to be snooki's publicist talking

November 22, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Margaret

he's not broke, must be a publicity stunt for the new episodes...please

November 20, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Allen

Anyone actually thinks Snooki wrote a book? Someone else wrote it and she put her name on it...

November 17, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mike

REALITY. TV. IS SCRIPTED. GET YOUR OWN LIFE.

November 15, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rod in Dallas TX

I have never watched the show and really don't have an interest in starting but I do find something that Snooki said quite interesting. She says that MTV only shows them drinking and hooking up. MTV has made society hate them because all we see are partiers. How do you know you hate someone if you only know the part the media shows you? That just shows how shallow you are!

November 14, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Eric

I never watched one show, nor do I plan on starting, but I'm glad that this actress seems able to claim financial stability. If it's true then it could be her 'cause', kids need to know it's important to be good with money.

November 13, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. radicalnessification

I must read and experience the knowledge that Snooki imparts in her book. Who knows, maybe some profound ideas are contained within. A thorough treatise on economic issues, political intrigue, and social commentary maybe?

November 9, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Yo Jersey Shore Haters

Yo you haters- Jersey Shore is da bomb. Just because they are not your style or class ( assumed because you are reading a story about Snooki on CNN ) don't be disin' something you don't know. You don't know if that's all an act for MTV or not. So stop hatin.

November 9, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • brian

You my friend ..should just go die in a housefire , and take those losers with you . YO !!

November 14, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Timme62

What a line up of Drag Queens!

November 9, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Idiots

You're all idiots to be honest lol. Always post like you know something but you're all dumb.

November 9, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Meh

Amazing to think about how many STDs are on in the picture above.

November 9, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  15. hahaha

Don't you mean a ghost written best novel???? That thing couldn't have written it herself

November 8, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  16. SkinheadRob

I've never seen the show... Never really wanted to. But, I did see on Youtube once about the orange midget bird at a bar getting out of sorts with a bloke, and he threw a right cross that knocked her out. Thought that was pretty funny... Best part, was after he did it, none of her coward mates did anything about it... Bunch sallies they are.

November 7, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  17. FIasco

I've seen parts of episodes of the Jersey Shore due to my idiot roommates and I absolutely hate everything about it, but Snooki just gained some of my respect for thinking ahead for the moment when everybody realizes how screwed up the show actually is (if that even happens). I thinks it's hilarious that even part of the cast knows that the crap they put on the show is awful.

November 5, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Victor

"When GQ pointed out that she's a New York Times best-selling author, Snooki responds that "doesn't mean I have to read."

Damn the morons who made her a best selling author!

Just shows how screwed up society is.

November 4, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • teddy

I bet her book has a lot of pictures. I can't imagine anyone that is a Snookie fan would have any more brains than she does.

November 7, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  19. nighttalk

This is one brainless bimbo...to call her something nice...she looks like the fat lebanese girl I went out with in 8th grade...no brain just wanted to hook up...we didn't call it hooking up then...she is not worth this comment...but...I just had to say something...add to the comments...hope she reads this...you are not a star...not a celebrity...you are a joke...go back to Jersey..."hook up" with some idiot with tattooes and pop out 3-4 babies...fade away trash...

November 4, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. @derp

You forgot classless & clueless. She's too full of herself to realize how ashamed of her behavior she should be.

November 3, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. derp

She may not be broke, but she will always be short, fat and ugly.

November 3, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rock

LOL
      Maybe so but that little snapper has excorcised many a wad from me loins. Quite tight indeed. Quite a screamer too

November 9, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  22. loJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a6gJp7ePJg&w=640&h=390]

November 3, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Madtown

Snooki, who has one best-selling novel under her belt
    ----–
    Not that it's breaking news or anything, but my God do we live in a nation of idiocy. Snooki "writing" a book? Of course, someone wrote it for her, but what on earth could she possibly have to say that would warrant an entire book? CNN, I'm embarassed for you for publishing content about this prime example of american un-exceptionalism.

November 3, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  24. loJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esg1A7Bq1hY&w=640&h=390]

November 3, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • PortalPunk

God, I wish this stupid southern hick would drink and smoke herself to death so there were no unfunny, irritating videos for dumb losers to post anymore.

November 3, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  25. john

Anyone who watches this crap should be shot for stupidity.

November 3, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  26. tye

I could careless about these stupid ppl! !

November 3, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Run-DMS

If the Sitch really is broke, he's even more of an idiot than I thought.

November 3, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  28. jujubeans

less sober, more drunk and unclothed!

November 3, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Not A Problem

Snooki's book would make good bathroom reading material then use the pages as toilet paper.

November 3, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  30. liberryian

Reading is fun-da-mental. Read a book dont be a crook.

November 3, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  31. just me

I try not to read either. It hurts my head.

November 3, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Biffsplitkins

I once read that drinking can damage your kidneys, liver and even kill brain cells. I quit reading shortly after that.

November 9, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  32. carrieanne

Sober? Didnt know she knew the word! Of course she doesnt read, that would mean shed have to think! Im surprised they didnt spark an international incident while in Italy!

November 3, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  33. Linda

Enough of these losers. Their 15 minutes of fame is long up....time for them to crawl back into their hole. What a sham.

November 3, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  34. Ha Ha Trolls

Ha! Mike's a loser anyway.

Not second!

November 3, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Madcap

The entire cast is a bunch od hack losers, not just him!

November 8, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • GTKelley

Simply amazing, That the general population of a Country can be so dumbed down to the point of enjoying a trash talking piece of garbage like Jersey Shore and make money from doing it ? I will put in the context that even you can understand. Stupid Is ! Is What Stupid Dose ! Too Hard !? How about,. MTV makes billions from idiots staring into a box. showing them what they would like there life to be like ! How sad :(

November 10, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Locode

GTKelley; speaking of stupid, you spelled 'does' incorrectly.
      DERP!

November 26, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  35. dr. who

That might be the fastest way to contract herpes/clap/hep a,b,c that I've ever heard of.

Genital warts on yer face. ewwwwww.

2econdy!