November 2nd, 2011

Surprising elimination on 'DWTS'

HLN legal eagle Nancy Grace was the low scorer following Monday's "Dancing With the Stars," so it wasn't a surprise that she was in the bottom two during last night's results show.

But what may have been a surprise was that it was the other celeb who got the boot.

Actor David Arquette bid farewell to the ABC competition Tuesday after voters failed to keep him on for another week.

"This whole thing has been incredible,"  Arquette told host Tom Bergeron after learning his fate.

As for Grace, she's now one of five celebrities left in the competition. She told CNN after the show that she appreciates all the support she's getting from voters.

"I'm just thinking about everybody who's tuned in and watched us, [then] taking the time to vote," she said. "When I think about it, it makes me cry. I'm just very, very grateful. I feel like my prayers were answered tonight."

Next week, the remaining couples will perform two routines, including the unpredictable "instant" dance.

What did you think of last night's elimination?  Did the right celebrity go home?

1. Len

Nancy Grace needs desperately to be forgiven by God for what she has said about our wonderful war hero, A.J. I have
    prayed for her.

November 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Karen

Headline News is asking people to vote for Nancy. I think that's completely unfair, if not cheating. Tot Mom Nancy Grace is not playing by the rules.

November 2, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cyndi

I think it is about time Nancy Grace comes clean with the real reason why she is still on DWTS! She has an extremely unfair advantage over the rest of the contestants and it should be made public. Tell everyone Nancy, how your show starts out!

November 2, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jcara

Hope is TERRIBLE. Can't believe she is still in the running. Yes, she is strong and coordinated, but Hope is absolutley without grace or style. Voters are nuts.

November 2, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Diana T

The only reason I watch anymore is to see Derek Hough dance. He's phenomenal. Nancy is a complete bore but obviously has enough people following her blindly. Hope is too stiff, has no natural grace, Ricki Lake is good only because Derek Hough is brilliant, I like JR but starting to get kind of bored as well....ready for So You Think YOU Can Dance

November 2, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Shelly

Maks has serious issues and maybe needs some time off. He has a difficult time accepting an honest evaluation from Len and calls the show "his show". Very disrespectful to the judges! Then, he slaps Hope's shoulder roughly and throws her around during practice and then has to leave. I felt uncomfortable watching that and I wasn't even present in the room!! It is a poor example for viewers of all ages!! I found it interesting that Hope thrived when she had different dance partners( Derek and the other gentleman) other than Maks and even commented on how quickly she caught onto the dance steps for this dance than any of the other dances. Let David be Hope's partner and send Maks packing!!!

November 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mick

Please, please take Nancy Grace off the show NOW!!!

November 2, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Anne

Hell no Maks should have went home he has a very serious anger issue. If I was hope I would go out on stage and just start dancing the Irish jig just so his true colors would show! After all is this not his show!!!LMAO

November 2, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • lynn

OMG! this comment should be framed and on CNN front page! so true! LMAO2

November 2, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Marebare

I have never been a fan of David Arquette but DWTS changed that. He was so entertaining week after week. And I loved that Coco and "cortney" were always in the audience. he accomplished what he set out to do. I wish him success and happiness in the future.

November 2, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. white falcon

While David wasn't that great a dancer, he sure was fun to watch and he was improving. Nancy was a bore and her Jive was pathetic. Hope she goes next. As much as I don't like the Kardashians, I can't help liking Rob. He's nothing like his sisters, at least not on the show. Go Jr and Ricki!!

November 2, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. tricia

its hard to draw a kitty

November 2, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. tricia

^ ^
    o o
    =u=
    -–

November 2, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. tricia

~mew mew ~ that was a little kitty. they are nice.
    o o
    = u =
    W

November 2, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. tisvulcan

Oh, ABSOLUTELY the wrong team went home. I, for one, blame myself. I have become apathetic when it comes to voting. It doesn't matter who we vote for, J.R. will win this one, with my thanks for his service and sacrifice. David was fun to watch. Nancy is a bore. As much as I love Maks, I'm bored with Hope. Ricki is a fine actress, so she brings a lot of entertainment to her dancing performances. Just ready for this season to end.

November 2, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Debby

What a disappointment, David should have stayed. It's time for Nancy to go.

November 2, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  16. TCF

DWTS has become so lame. It seems the worst you dance the more votes you get!

November 2, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  17. Lucy

The only reason Nancy Grace is still on is SO because of her hot Irish dance partner Tristan MacManus. I know he's the only reason I can tolerate watching her ;)

November 2, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  18. Crocky

Nancy's jive was a joke! Of course the wrong person went home last night! Hopefully people have the sense to actually vote next week for one of the other 4 contestants next week and send Nancy HOME.

November 2, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  19. Boof

They can't eliminate Nancy Grace. If they do, she'll go on her show and have them all tried and convicted of rape, murder and incest.

November 2, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  20. jAKAduke

Sry David you did not deserve to go home yet....

November 2, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |