Kat Von D. debuts clothing line
November 2nd, 2011

Kat Von D. debuts clothing line

Things are looking up for tattooed reality star Kat Von D.

In the wake of her split from fidelity-challenged biker Jesse James and the cancellation of “L.A. Ink,” the Hollywood Reporter notes that Kat has launched a fashion line. And it’s not half bad!

Rather than the Ed Hardy-esque wares you might expect, Kat’s first collection, called “Love Letters,” has a tasteful gothic flair inspired by historical figures like Beethoven and Poe.

Not a skull tattoo or pin-up girl print in sight! How refreshing.

“I thought about my favorite love story of all time, which is the tale of Ludwig van Beethoven's 'Immortal Beloved' - a mystery that even now has never been truly solved,” Kat says of the inspiration behind her fall collection. “When I put on the 'Beethoven' jacket, or the 'Fur Elise' pants, I feel tragically romantic."

Plenty of black (naturally), lace and vintage-looking hardware adorn pieces like military coats, shiny leggings and distressed sweaters.

Kat’s "Love Letters" line – which ranges from $259-$429 for jackets and coats – is available at KatVonDLosAngeles.com.

(And if the designing thing doesn’t work out, Kat has her forthcoming music career to fall back on.)

1. Priscilla

I used to be a KVD fan myself..but then she's not doing what she loves for the pasion of doing it, it's all about money...which kinda sucks.
    This clothing line is pretty, classic and romantic....too bad I'm not rich to afford it.

December 25, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. uggs

I agree with you, but please look at uggs.

November 22, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. DARTH VADER

she sucks,but not blood

November 3, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. infonomics

Great potential even with the bounty of illustrations but please do something with that Elvira hair.

November 3, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dee

I like the line!! can't w8 4 it 2 git on ideeli.com or one of those sites..

November 3, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Roadrunner

Now I know where to find Halloween costumes for next year.

November 3, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tendofreak

Dont care what ya'll say...she is as sweet as honey. Personally...I like tats on a woman. I could explore each and everyone of em too.Upclose. She is very talented. maybe a lil wishy-wahsy as far as a mgr goes for a business but hey...we all cant be perfect!

November 3, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. tehunimpressed

Way way way over priced. There were only a couple tops I saw that might be able to be worked into a normal everyday person's style. That is if the person is more on the gothy side. The dresses are horribad. The pants are even worse than the dresses.

November 3, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. derp

She looks like death warmed over. Actually, come to think of it, she looks like an ice cold corpse.

November 3, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. nitrous

I hear all of the pants will be crotch-less and will smell like a combination of week old tuna and Jesse James' man-stink.

November 3, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. twinnie

From what I've seen on her show, her taste leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe her clothing line will be better than her own taste.

November 3, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MD

You can find her clothing line at White Trash Vampires R US....What is happening in this country that this crap is fashion or cool?!!! Bunch of losers!

November 3, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beelzebubba

Part one: hilarious!

Part two: old fogey.

Not everyone wants to be plain vanilla just to please people with no depth.

November 4, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  13. rolyat

Who's going to buy and wear her garbage ?

November 3, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tony1954

Without the enormous of number of tattoos, she's a pretty girl. Too bad.

November 3, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. citizenUSA

If people really knew how a celebrity gets to publish a children's book, launch parfume, clothing you'd be surprised at how little input they actually have on the product. It's like, "how do you like this smell"?, " I do", "OK, then it's your signature parfume". It's all in a name. How'd she get so popular that she thinks she can introduce a clothing line anyway?

November 3, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Meh

That guy has a pretty mouth

November 3, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Problem Child

Her website has some issues, very hard to open the individual pages for tops, coats, etc. From what I can tell from the first page though, the designs are cool. Unfortunately, I was able to open the Kat's Looks page where it has a video of Sounds frontwoman Maja and Kat performing November Rain. Terrible isn't the word for it. I'm not sure I can describe how awful that was. On that "note" I'm over my curisoity regarding her music career, she needs to stick to tats. And someone needs to put that Maja chick out of her misery. Damn.

November 3, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. A

Is her album coming next? Or does she already have one? Funny thing is, the first thing that came to mind when I read this tag line was Ed Hardy. D-bags unite!

November 3, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  19. James

Finally something to cover up those ridiculous tattoos. Hope there's a scarf and hat in that product line.

November 3, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  20. J-Rock

As long as it comes with herpes? LOL JK or am I? no, I'm not! :P LMFAO

November 3, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  21. JL

She should put out a line of clown make up next.

November 3, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  22. Beethoven

I checked out her clothing line – different and not for everyone but definitely over-priced.

November 3, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  23. Mari

I've seen the collection and loved it. Regardless of who is behind it, I would buy it if I had the money. But I don't.

November 3, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  24. LEE

I think she might be on the back side of that successful. She had a good run and she is pretty. There are plenty of tattoo people who would love to have a tattoo with bragging rights that it came from her. Other than that, I think her time is passing.

November 3, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  25. William

Can I find this at KMart?

November 3, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • KMart

If they have her junk at Kmart you better hurry. Before you know it there will be no more KMart.

November 3, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Raine

No, but the Kardashian line IS available at Sears...LOL....too much......Her "vision" of love is appalling...first it's Nikki Sixx she can't live without...she dumped him & moved on to Jesse James. Had a ttattoo of Jesse James placed on her rib cage and now their done....what a nice memory for Kat to see each day....the pictuer of her recently dumped boyfriend on her side for life.
      Imagine what she'll look like as a Senior Citizen with all those tattoos sagging. eewww....
      When and if surgery every has to be done, all those tattoo will be sliced and diced and all misaligned & look like jigsaw puzzles...wow...think before you overdo the tattoo gig.

November 4, 2011 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  26. RIP Clyde Frog

She is successful. You are a bunch of jeelous 99%ers

November 3, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Anita Bleaujob

So is Katy Perry.

They both still suck.

Suck culture is big now.

November 4, 2011 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  27. googoo

fourteenth, fourteenthy, fourtennthiest

November 3, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  28. David Smith

Stank ho.

November 3, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  29. she

Needs to get a few more tattoes, her body will be all covered, then she don't need no clothes.

November 3, 2011 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  30. Isis

Mwwaahh! Have a nice day! lol

November 3, 2011 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  31. @HR13

I hear ya.

November 3, 2011 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  32. Beautiful Vixen

I wasn't able to open to see the collection, but, I'm sure I'm not missing much. The collection name is cute thou "Love Letters". I'm surprised she didn't name the collection "Mosh Pit Brawl" or something like that.

November 3, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  33. HR13

So on her page is says there was an advantage to growing up poor...She must have forgotten because she is charging so much for her clothes!! Most of the stuff is over $200..That is crazy!!

November 3, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  34. Boden Coupon

Her makeup gives a very strong vintage style. Her clothing line specific operation, I do not really understand. When I put on the 'Beethoven' jacket, or the 'Fur Elise' pants, I feel tragically romantic. Thank you for sharing!

November 3, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  35. Dee

Her line of clothing are ugly and way, way to expensive..I don't know who she is catering to, but it must be only to the wealthy and not the average hard working girl. Sheesh I guess she doesn't know most people are out of a job..and can't aford that much for a shirt or leggings.

November 3, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  36. Isis

@Evel..lmao.

November 2, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Evel Knievel

The collars will have to be extra wide to fit that huge head of hers thru.

November 2, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  38. BleachCleans

I hope there's micro-syphilis cleaning crotches in ze pants.

November 2, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  39. just me

FIRSTY ! I worked hard today so im a little firsty.

November 2, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |