A 'boo' battle on 'Big Bang Theory'
October 28th, 2011

A 'boo' battle on 'Big Bang Theory'

Thursday night's "Big Bang Theory" saw Sheldon getting the "Bazinga" scared out of him by the rest of the guys (though at first he was unimpressed: "'See you in hell Sheldon.' The most frightening thing about that is the missing comma").

He schemed through the rest of the episode about how to (mostly, unsuccessfully) get his revenge.

Even Bernadette took part to foil Sheldon's plans, playing along with Howard, pretending to need medical attention, and Raj wasn't frightened at all when he found a snake in his drawer.

In the meantime, it became overwhelmingly clear that Leonard and Priya are done when he came this close to cheating with a comic book artist (fun fact: Courtney Ford, who played the artist, is actually married to "Superman," a.k.a. Brandon Routh).

Leonard turned to Penny for advice saying, "They say at the end of your life you regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff that you did. And, I'm pretty sure Alice is the stuff I want to do."

Sheldon's only advice was, "The topic at hand is sexual fidelity. Probably won't be relying on Seuss here. Although 'One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish' might be surprisingly applicable."

Leonard didn't end up going through with it, but I have to say that the writers haven't been doing his character any favors this season. He's starting to come across as the least likable character right now. I wonder where all this is headed, post-Priya.

Even so, he got what was coming to him when Sheldon successfully scared him by jumping out from the couch cushions: "Bazinga, punk! Now we're even."

And to add salt on that wound, Priya had just confessed to cheating on him. If they're still together by the end of the next episode, you can color me surprised.

Are you happy to see what appears to be the end of Leonard and Priya? What did you think of the rest of the episode? Share your iReport or comment below.

1. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h62un5nys_8&w=640&h=390]

October 30, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mejazzbo

This past week I saw TBBT players in new movies. Jim Parsons in "The Big Year" and Johnny Galecki in "In Time". Good to see the guys getting some recognition.

October 29, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. James

Seriously, this is news? Why the hell is this linked from CNN.com? This is a TV show summary. CNN=fail

October 28, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • mejazzbo

This article is under Marquee Blog for Entertainment. You are on the wrong planet.

October 29, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. Henry Hanks

The Lion-O Jim Lee art was indeed cool. They did a great job of accurately capturing another iteration of female geek not yet seen on this show, less "brainy" and more of a comic book fan (or even gamer) – something much discussed of late on CNN's new Geek Out blog (yes, shameless plug). I have to disagree with you entirely about AFF, though.

October 28, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. iBazinga

When Howard proposed to Bernadette in the presence of everyone but Penny and that spurned a ripple effect of hatred in the core Big Bang fandom, I pretty much had a feeling that this is where the Leonard-Priya relationship was headed. I'm more relieved than happy they're over. I WILL be indubitably happy to see the end of AFF. I absolutely RELISHED this episode for so many reasons: Jim Parsons' excellent physical comedy (3rd Emmy, anyone?), the nerdvana crossovers (Balok and Lion-O, anyone? And really, CNN's Hanks? No mention of these?), and the absence of AFF. Now that's nirvana!

October 28, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. lisa

I really hope that Leonard and Penny get back together. he has so much to teach her, and vice versa.

October 28, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sasha

they don't always do a halloween ep so there may be nothing. Excellent ep. I am tired of the leonard relationship thing. He really has no likeability anymore. He had that sort of honorable nerd thing going and now...

October 28, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. DrinkH2O

Great episode, guest actress was GREAT(hot) been a while since I've seen her on Dexter

October 28, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. T

Liked the episode, as for the long-distance relationship....it's done, it can't work and Skype can only do so much and airfare is bloody expensive back and forth. Leonard needs to move on to someone else....
    Loved that ending with Sheldon popping out of the sofa !

I wonder what BBBT will do for next year's Halloween....they'll have to come up with something great to beat this one.

October 28, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Louie

I loved it. Sheldon got his Texas on and gave it right back. Showed he had some spine.

October 28, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |