Ellen and Portia to open vegan restaurant
October 27th, 2011

Ellen and Portia to open vegan restaurant

Famous vegans Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia de Rossi are providing their animal product-free brethren with one more dining option, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The blonde power couple are going in on a vegan restaurant with The Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde and producer Steve Bing. The new L.A. eatery will be located on Ventura Boulevard in California’s San Fernando Valley.

Vegan chef Tal Ronnen, who catered Ellen and Portia’s wedding, will create the restaurant’s menu. Designer Waldo Fernandez, who’s worked for Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, will do the space’s interior.

The “Ellen” host is making veganism easier in more ways than one. In August, DeGeneres launched the website Going Vegan with Ellen, a resource that includes FAQs, recipes, and info on other celebs who have gone vegan (Mike Tyson, Alicia Silverstone, Bill Clinton, Lea Michele).

Unlike vegetarians, vegans abstain from all animal-related products, including butter, gelatin (which is in beer, marshmallows, Jell-O), honey, milk and eggs.

1. daz a wrap joey===

thanks

October 30, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. TIPS FOR HACKERS....

1. make sure she is not connected too the greatest technology in the united states of America.
    2. make sure she is not capable of tracking ip addresses
    3. make sure the person does not deal with equipment that is number 2 in the country next too ncis.
    4. your not my boyfriend.
    5. make sure she does not have a nosey reporter cousin in the California area.

October 18, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Elizabeth

Ellen is a Hypocrite! She represents Cover Girl Cosmetics which is a company that STILL CONDUCTS HORRIBLE EXPERIMENTS ON ANIMALS FOR THE SAKE OF MAKEUP! Now please tell me why I should patronize this restaurant when she is obviously a liar and a hypocrite?
    The problem with Ellen and her wife is that Ellen is so full of herself now. She has done absolutely NOTHING for gay rights. She goes with the status quo to keep her fake Hollywood status. She never has any gay people on her show, she is typically selfish and her stupid show caters to dumb straight housewives and is the worse talk show on television. BORING! Clearly Portia is with Ellen for the money, and Ellen is apparently keeping the cash flow rolling in to the bimbo. .. Portia is a terrible actress. She can't keep an acting job, every single role I have seen her in is the same exact character, she can't do drama, just a cheap TV actress and her book? PUHLLEASE! Stories of eating and puking, I mean so what!! She's an idiot! She originally got roles because she was skinny and blonde but she is actually not pretty at all. With no make up she is actually homely. and if she is not still anorexic well, then Hollywoods idea of healthy is 30 pounds underweight.
    I am NOT an Ellen fan anymore. I use to like her before she met Portia but since then she acts like she is better that everyone and she isn't. She makes a billion dollars off cover girl all the while knowing they torture animals and then has the nerve to say she is Vegan. BULL! Being a gay woman myself, having my own business and a long term partnership I am very very disappointed in Ellen Degeneres. I am very glad that Rosie O'donnell is back with a show. She is the outspoken star with the power we need.

As for Ellen she is just a rich has been with an very skinny pale and hopelessly talentless wife. Good thing she has money, cause she 's got nothing else and is losing her fans by the millions. Especially her gay fans. Move over Ellen, no room for your BS anymore!

October 30, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Danyelle

Thanks Ellen! I am happy to see more people attempting to change the way we think about food and what we are consuming– Consumers have the right to know where their food comes from and how animals are treated before they reach their plates. This is a good, short video to watch about this topic: MeatVideo.com.

October 28, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ~ * ~

@Evel, that's a good question. Whatever the answer.. It's a good kind of munching. Getting munched on or if you are the muncher. Either way, you can't lose.

October 28, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. Agro

c fgfghg vbhrtyn 6u678y tr65 mn67 ujgy

October 28, 2011 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. loJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFZN44DAgD0&w=640&h=390]

October 28, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  8. jb2817

I heard they use an open can of tuna fish as potpourri in their house

October 27, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. *?*

I wonder if ellen and portia still eat at the Y

October 27, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. @tracie

I know what yer job is there, u do laundry so u can smell the undies right. Do u offer to clean behinds for the nurses to ?

October 27, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. katelyn michele

Yay!!!

October 27, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. JD

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbAQfSa4WyY&w=640&h=390]

October 27, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ~ *~

You guys are nuts. You did get me to crack a smile at working at a nursing home @tracie.

October 27, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. tracie

I like pouring diarhea on my fruit salad. Delish!

October 27, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. CHURCH

CAN YOU BE A VEGETARIAN IF YOU EAT CLAM??

October 27, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  16. sally baker

I work at the keeebler fudge factory. My children love it because we get to bring home all the leftover doodie !

October 27, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  17. C.O.O.

Im sorry for not posting more today. We have had several board meetings. The stockholders are extremely pleased about the rise in share price. As chief operating officer of a fortune 500 company I often recommend dooodooo to my friends and coworkers. It is an excellent polish for your mercedes. Great on chips. Better on mexican dishes. Ive found it even has a pleasing relaxing effect when used in tea. Dooodooo is quite wonderful.

October 27, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. emily

LOL! We always use it for chip dip too! It is too delicious.

October 27, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  19. sweet jessica

I rub it on my chest to make my bossoms grow

October 27, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Elmer

YEAH ! DOOODOOO is natures miracle substance ! You can use it for almost anything ! You can build houses with it or make pretty sculptures out of it or eat it or use it as a nice moistureizer. I think it makes the best party dip ever ! You should try it with chips ! You will be amazed ! Tracie is right. DOOODOOOO IS NATURES MIRACLE !

October 27, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  21. tracie

I enjoy eating doo doo and if I want to talk about it THEN I WILL! I have freedom of speech. You lose.

October 27, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  22. curious

Naw I don't believe that! Probably a CEO with a doo doo fetish or something LOL

October 27, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Tony

I would like to see some of the recipes. I am not vegan, but I would love to try the food. Ellen is looking more and more like a boy.

October 27, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  24. tracie

I work in a nursing home.

October 27, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  25. curious

Hey Tracie, what do u do all day besides telling doo doo jokes? Do u work or attend school?

October 27, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iloveredshoes

Haha that thing with Tracie reminds me of that skit on SNL a few weeks back, about the people who say rude stuff online and then have to come one a show and be faced by the people they said mean stuff to.

October 29, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  26. OBSERVER

Typical hollywood liberal trash. This place will not last.

October 27, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • craig b

It's a vegan restaurant in So. Cal. Why does the label (liberal) constantly go out? If it's a BBQ joint in Kansas, is it automatically a conservative establishment? You are not being forced to go there, nor are you being forced to even read the article! I guess your saying if your vegan your liberal, if you eat meat your a conservative. Enough labels!

October 27, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Cheeseburger in Paradise

Wonder how many of the "vegans" really are 100% committed.

October 27, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott M

I sure am * years veg, 2 years vegan. No going back. Ever.

October 27, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • VGN4LIFE

Thought the same a few years ago but been vegan since and its easier than ever. Dont miss a thing and discovered plenty of amazing foods :)

October 28, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amber

Completely committed... not only vegan with what we eat but with the products we use as well. Raising a 100% vegan baby as well. It's a wonderful way to live!!!

October 30, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Anna K.

For a truly vegan store, I recommend http://www.veganvita.com. They're a family owned business and they walk the walk as well as talk the talk....they're vegans. They carry healthy vegan snacks, health and beauty products, cleaners, proteins, and more. I support them over sites like VitaCost and Drugstore that sell animal products and harmful chemicals in their full offerings.

November 4, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |