Grace Kelly film on the way
October 26th, 2011

Grace Kelly film on the way

Grace Kelly will be inspiring moviegoers once again with an upcoming film dedicated to the actress-turned-princess. According to the Hollywood Reporter, “Grace of Monaco” is a go.

Producer Pierre-Ange Le Pogam has acquired the script titled “Grace of Monaco,” and insiders say there’s plenty of interest from directors who want to helm the project. Despite the subject, the movie isn’t a biopic, as it focuses on a short period of Kelly’s life. Those in the know say it’s comparable to “The King’s Speech.”

Arash Amel’s script centers on a dramatic six months in 1962 when France was fighting financial haven Monaco over tax issues. The film highlights Kelly’s role in saving the city-state from France’s agenda.

The Oscar-winning blonde was famous for movies including Alfred Hitchcock’s “Rear Window,” “Mogambo” and “The Country Girl.” Kelly married Prince Rainier III of Monaco in 1956 and had three children (now known as Caroline, Princess of Hanover; Albert II, Prince of Monaco; and Princess Stephanie of Monaco).

Shockingly, Princess Grace died in 1982 after she suffered a stroke and lost control of her car while driving. She was 52.

1. Jean-Marc

Amber Heard would be the definite choice. Definitely not Nathalie Portman who'd be better portraying Hepburn, even though she can't match the European class no matter how hard she tries. If speaking many languages is the issue, especially French, there's Jodie Foster.. But that won't do. Amber Heard is the only actress that has the looks and who could do justice to Grace Kelly.. Beauty counts in this case, and Amber Heard is the definite choice.

July 22, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Laura

No actress today can compare to the beauty of Grace Kelly. January Jones, Amber Heard, and Kate Bosworth would all be good choices.

October 27, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. gc1030

How about Natlie Portman? I think she would be very good in the part. Also, why do so many of you get on here and act like fools? Just make your suggestions and get out. You ruin the whole idea of suggesting who should play the part.

October 27, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ella

My first daughter will be named after this lovely lady. I'm a big fan of her movies and I think she was wonderful.

October 27, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. KRGGUY

AMBER HEARD would be the best choice! She kind of looks like Grace Kelly. January Jones looks very much like Grace Kelly and is terrific in Mad Men but outside of that, I do not think she has the acting chops.

October 27, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. tracie

Who is this dumb broad? She would look a lot better with some doo doo smeared on her eyes and face. SMEAR IT ON LADY!

October 27, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jan

Katherine Heigl....sorry I'm not sure of the spelling......would be perfect casting.

October 27, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Playjojo

Hmm, they won't let me reply to you carl, and it was pretty tame considering your twit of a buddy eric. Oh well, Basically, go watch Rear Window. And I had always heard it was her daughter driving.

October 27, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. j

please no gwyneth paltrow for this – she would portray a stuck up Grace – which is exactly what she wasn't!

October 27, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Barbybarb

January Jones should play her. She looks allot like her.

October 27, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven Gaynor

January Jones has the looks, Gwyneth Paltrow has the acting resume. Grace was an uncommon beauty in her day, with the class and looks that made most men melt. Check out 'To Catch A Thief', 'Country Girl' (her Oscar winning performance) and 'High Society' (my personal favorite).

October 27, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. SixDegrees

Grace Kelly was smoking hot. Check out 'Rear Window' or "To Catch a Thief'. Have a cold shower running.

October 27, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • SoulTrain1946

and one of the reasons she looks so great in those movies is because she's wearing fashions created by Edith Head.

October 27, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sarah

Wish there was a relevant blog on X Factor and not some guff like this.

October 27, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  13. John

LA Reid is so for rappers and anti anything else hence his getting rid of his wonderful artist whom wasnt a rapper and was a crooner.

October 27, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  14. Adam

How about the beautiful black singer that was Simon Cowells first act voted off of X Factor this week playing her. Very pretty and definatly like to cast her on my casting couch if you get what am saying!

October 27, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  15. JET

Portia DeRossi has always reminded me of Grace. She has a classic elegance to pull it off.

October 27, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
    • ericbrett73

Probably true...But this is America, do you actually think Americans will allow a lesbian to portray one of their most revered icons. Progress has been made, but not that much!!

October 27, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
    • SixDegrees

That's actually the best casting recommendation I've heard.

October 27, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Playjojo

LOL, eric, you are probably THE biggest @ss ever. You cannot possibly be from this country. And if you are, leave, please. We're trying to get rid of bigotry, not have to deal with ignorance such as the idiotic blather that you spew.

October 27, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • kake79

That IS a good idea! I had maybe been thinking Charlize Theron.

@ericbrett73... I don't see anyone having an issue with a lesbian playing Grace Kelly. And, as much as I like Kelly, I wouldn't go so far as to call her a revered icon.

October 27, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anon

The issue isn't whether people can deal with a lesbian playing Grace Kelly. It is whether they can deal with a terrible actress playing her. This is why Portia DeRossi is a bad choice. Not sure who a good choice would be, though. Gwyneth isn't a terrible choice.

October 27, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Amelia

Those who haven't heard of Grace Kelly should rent her movies and see what a true beauty looks like.

October 27, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Guest

She's only a 'TRUE' beauty because her time is long gone. Had she been one of today's actresses, she'd be just part of the mass Hollywood machine.

October 27, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
    • SixDegrees

If you think Hollywood is a machine today, you'd be shocked at what it was like in Kelley's day when it really WAS a machine. Kelley is still recognized as an exceptional beauty today because...she was.

October 27, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  17. truthquest

I think Aretha Franklin should be cast to play Grace Kelly. It would be the perfect lead acting role for her.

October 26, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex

LOL. I think you need to do a bit more research on Grace Kelly my friend.

October 27, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  18. jillmarie

I wonder who will play Grace Kelly. Big shoes to fill- she was so stunning and classy. I'd watch this movie.

October 26, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • DougB

I say Gwyneth Paltrow would be a good candidate–she has that Grace Kelly aura about her. I have to confess I find Gwyn insufferable most of the time, but I think she would do a good job with the role.

October 26, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • bradley

I think January Jones would be a good actor for the role. I loved her look in the early seasons of Mad Men.

October 27, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • bradley

I think the actress who plays Betty in Mad Men would be good for the role. I loved her look in the early seasons of Mad Men.

October 27, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yvette

Catherine Heigl would be a good candidate.

October 27, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. wendy

I've watched some of her movies with my G(grandmother) she smart and beautiful her name sums it up Grace.

October 26, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. zack

Hi carl. Where u from? -m 28 in nj

October 26, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Jayne

Wow, losers what stupid comments. Don't know who Grace Kelly is...duh!

October 26, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Name is carl

who is this dumb old ladie anyway.

October 26, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really???!!!

Well first of all you need to learn proper English "Ladie?" And the fact that you're even asking such a stupid question just reinforces the fact that you don't know world history either; so we arrive at the conclusion that you are indeed an idiot.

October 26, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • rd

how the hell do you not know who grace kelly was

October 27, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tami

It is a problem. It should be the unknown actress. Without cargo of last roles....It is necessary to search. Too responsible role. I heard that in Ecole Florent(Paris) it is the magnificent girl from Ukraine. Fine, talented, clever, refined. Owns perfectly well 5 foreign languages.

November 7, 2011 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |