October 26th, 2011
12:54 PM ET
Wacky “American Idol” judge Steven Tyler has taken a tumble while on tour in Paraguay. Tyler’s manager tells CNN that food poisoning is to blame for the fall.
The Aerosmith frontman fell in his hotel bathroom on Tuesday, suffering facial injuries, reports People magazine. The publication adds that 63-year-old Tyler lost two teeth in the accident and wound up with cuts on his face.
The rocker's manager confirmed to CNN that Tyler “suffered minor injuries as a result of food poisoning."
According to People, a local radio station had a bellboy from Tyler’s hotel report that the star "had a nasty fall" after he slipped in the shower.
The entertainer reportedly had emergency dental work done and had his cuts stitched up after the accident.
“He was taken to the hospital where he was treated and released,” said the singer's rep, who noted that Tyler’s Tuesday performances had been postponed until Wednesday.
"Steven would like to sincerely apologize to his fans in Paraguay for the inconvenience and hopes to see them all [Wednesday] night," the rep says.
This isn’t Tyler’s first big fall. In 2009, the singer was airlifted to a hospital after tumbling off the stage during a show in South Dakota.
A few months after that fall, the singer did a stint in rehab for pain and sleep medication addiction.
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.