October 26th, 2011

'Dancing' is down another star

He surprised many by lasting this far, but Chaz Bono's time on "Dancing With the Stars" has come to an end.

The author and transgender activist was eliminated last night after he struggled with a difficult tango on Monday's performance show. Nevertheless, Bono was pleased with how his run on the show turned out.

"I got farther than I thought I would," Bono told CNN after the show. "I had an amazing time with (pro partner Lacey Schwimmer) every day. "I'm so grateful that I did it."

Bono's exit came one day after judge Bruno Tonioli called him a "cute little penguin" following his rumba. Tonioli appeared to dismiss Bono's concerns over the remarks Tuesday, shrugging off the activist's per-recorded criticism. But Bono says he's leaving the show on a high note.

"I wanted to show America a different kind of man," Bono told host Tom Bergeron. "If there was somebody like me on TV when I was growing up, my whole life would have been different."

Joining Bono in the bottom two was soccer star Hope Solo, whose pro partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, was the talk of the water-cooler Monday for calling on judge Len Goodman to retire, then declaring that "Dancing With the Stars" was his show. Chmerkovskiy used Tuesday's results episode to apologize for the latter comment.

"I kind of had an idea in my head and it came out wrong," Chmerkovskiy told co-host Brooke Burke Charvet. "It's not my show. I'm part of a very large cast and I'm very proud of being here."

Six celebrities, including HLN's Nancy Grace, remain in the competition. Next week, the celebs will perform dances in honor of Halloween.

What did you think of last night's results show?

1. tracie

Chaz is a man with a pus ssy which makes him a girl. Doo doo!

November 15, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. YAIYO1962

Chaz is a girl...enough said....she is allowed to change her mind and whine.

November 2, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. YAIYO1962

I can't believe they had Boys to Men backing up Justin B.....WHAAAT....that's an insult. He sounded pretty weak.

November 2, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ItsInHerGenes

No matter what Chaz wants people to call her, no matter what she has sewn on to hang between her legs, she is a woman. Don't believe me? Check her chromosones. She has two Y chromosones, not an X and a Y like a male.

October 31, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kathryn

When you decide to become a celebrity, which Chaz is doing despite no actual talent beyond famous parents, you open yourself up to criticism and praise by the press and the public. If Chaz had become a lawyer, bus driver or whatever, she would not be being trashed here. A few do get fame w/o really asking for it, but when you go on a TV show, you are asking for it and have to realize people will both love and hate you. I can't dance a lick either, but there are no public forums discussing me and I have the good sense not to dance on national TV.

October 28, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. steve

yep margaret your right...bruno does look like a lizard face..shut up lizard face..haaa

October 27, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. margaret

NOT SURE WHY BRUNO FELT HE WAS IN A POSITION TO BE CALLING ANYONE AN EWOK..BRUNO LOOKS LIKE A LIZARD.

October 27, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. leavechazalone

my boyfriend and i are a straight couple and we said people need to leave chaz alone.

October 27, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Old King Cole

Did she request Johnny Holmes member be transplanted when the gear got swapped? That would be awesome to be able to request what parts you wanted.

October 27, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sonny Bonor

"I wanted to show America a different kind of man," Bono told host Tom Bergeron."
    wel done – mission accomplished

October 27, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LoveIsLouder

TEDDY- Not a hypocrite because I didn't say anything inflammatory and cruel as you have so far on this forum. Your words spoke of nothing but venom, disgust and hatred. Isn't there enough crap going on in the world? Why do you feel you need to add to it by being so cruel? You must lead a miserable life to have to talk like that to make yourself feel better. How you speak defines your character. To dehumanize Chaz as you demonstrated only reinforces the desensitization of society today. Why spread words of misery and despair when you can replace that with words of encouragement and hope. Thats what we all need right now is encouragement and hope. No one is asking you to be just like Chaz, To each his own, right?

October 27, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  12. Lollia

Well said LovelsLouder!

October 27, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  13. iceandsnow3

Why didn't you post my message that I submitted 1 minutes ago? There was nothing wrong with what I said!!!

October 27, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  14. teddy

Good riddance, CHAZ! Now go home to mama Cher's basement with that sicko girlfriend your with and STAY THERE! Stay off the TV and KEEP YOUR SHIRT ON! Better yet, go move to another country and GET A JOB–your best bet is to work as a bearded lady in a circus!
    SICKO!

October 27, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • LoveIsLouder

TEDDY- If anyone needs their head examined it is you! You are a disgrace and abomination for spreading such hate and venom. This world is already screwed up and thanks to people like you it will only get worse. Do you realize how many kids die each year unnecessarily from suicides because they are made to feel cast out by people like you? Perhaps you need to think about what if your child or beloved family member did something like that. At least Chaz fought his way through and became true to himself. MAD PROPS TO HIM and his mother for her support! Perhaps if more families paid attention to this kind of thing, kids would not be so messed up. Show some compassion and leave the hate off these boards!

October 27, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • teddy

Hey, LoveisLouder-your post repsonding to me shows what a hypocrite you are–insulting me and lashing out at my opinions certainly doesn't sound like "LOVE" to me!

yes, many kids may die from suicide from such things–they need proper therapy and it unfortunate they don't talk to proper people to get help.

If Chaz was my duaghter, she would have been sent to proper counseling. She did not get that. Instead, since she is a Hollywood kid, she's been surrounded by "yes" men that only look out the mighty buck–so, they egged on this poor soul to butcher her body.

Cher was a poor role model of a mother–and it shows!

The world is "screwed up" because people like YOU encourage such filthy and derranged people to go and to unnatural things to themselves and think its OK. Chaz is playing with fire–going against what God and nature intended her to be–a woman...what's next? if someone feels they should be a donkey, should the modify themselves to become one? how about a person that wants 3 arms? should the go and get one sewed on to them?

Enough is enough with the stupidy of others like Chaz...

October 27, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Parah Salin

Teddy for President!!!!

October 27, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. itsallgoodnroanoke

Chaz, I am so proud of YOU! You did good. I love you and I want you to work on your weight, I want you to live healthy. I want you happy. Have fun and I thank you for coming out and KNOWING you were in the wrong body.

October 27, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
    • teddy

in the wrong body–wow! you live in la la land like Chaz...
      Chaz needed a good therapist to set her straight. She got gipped and is now a disgrace!

October 27, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Kathryn

In the wrong body is right- she was not born morbidly obese LOL! Chaz was born the gender nature, god or whatever cosmic muffin you subscribe to intended. It was not a mistake, it is what it is. I wish I had been born to have a tall thin lanky body w/ perfect skin & cheekbones, curly hair, deep green eyes...... In short, I was not born like that because it is not what the chromosomes that I got are, so I accept it. I was not born fat and I am not fat now (or a too skinny size zero either) because I eat properly and exercise 6 days a week. That is a lifestyle and one most anyone can have if they want to.

I agree Chaz did not have a normal childhood most likely as her parents were celebrities, but she is an adult now & you live w/ what scars you have, grow up, get therapy if you need it and move on. Chaz needs to get a real job and work on the life threatening problem of being obese before she works on the others. She was on that Celebrity Fit TV show, but doing a TV show (that she got paid to do) is not enough and she failed because she has not had the proper treatment and does not want it bad enough to make the proper lifestyle changes.

I don't care if she is a les-bian or wants to wear a suit and tie, but she was born in a female body and you can't really change that, you can only pretend and live a lie. If Chaz does not get the weight off, she will not live for long. Dancing is good exercise, maybe she will keep it up and get fit? A lot of the people on Biggest Loser do get the weight off & keep it off, so maybe she should look into that on TV or simply in real life. I hope she uses her DWTS money to enter a treatment program and learn how to be healthy before it is too late.

October 28, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Earl

She is a she and can anyone tell me why Chaz is a "star"????

She got kicked off because she's a lousy dancer plain and simple!!!!!

I think she should go on Biggest Loser next and get healthy. You can;t really change your gender because your chromosomes define that but you can change the fact that you are really unhealthy and morbidly obese.

October 27, 2011 at 5:27 am | Report abuse |
    • teddy

Chaz was on the 1st season of celebrity fit club...She failed...
      She's failed as a daughter and as a person. She is a monstrosity. They complained that the judges would refer to Chaz as an animal–well she isn't even worth that as a compliment for animals even know better than she does in regards to gender.

And Cher, you twitter in defense of your daughter. Well, WHERE WERE YOU to properly raise her and get the proper need of therapy so she would be led down the road of becoming an abomination?

Guess your career and your desire to sleep with Gene Simmons, an Allman brother, the bagel boy, etc. was more important than riaising your kid.

I've been a fan of you, Cher, since the sonny and cher show, now, your just ticking me off...

both you and your duaghter need to grow up and need to seek quality counseling..

October 27, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  17. ItsMeAgain

He danced like a girl.

October 27, 2011 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
  18. Who Cares

WHY ARE MOST OF THESE POSTS SAYING; He?

Wrong, it is a She who thinks She is a He. People you are just as sick as Chaz Bono!

October 26, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Who Cares

WHY IS THE WRITER SAYING; he? Wrong, it is a She who thinks She is a He.

What is the world coming to? Uneducated writers for CNN that call a female who thinks she is a male a He.

CNN grow up and take your medication and understand, Chaz Bono is not a He but a She who has mental problems, almost like her mother.

October 26, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • anon

Exactly. We are a generation that calls good evil and evil good. Everything gets called the opposite of what it REALLY is.

October 27, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • LoveIsLouder

You should talk. What Chaz did was very courageous. You have no room to talk about mental problems. What Chaz has had to struggle with does not have roots as a mental disability. Perhaps you should educate yourself before you make such foolish comments. Remember, when you speak of such ignorance and hate, a child is listening..... is that how you want your children to remember you when you're gone? No wonder society today is in the crapper....

October 27, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • teddy

There is NOTHING couragious in making a mockery out of yourself-and that is what Chaz has done. What she had done to herself is disgusting–Chaz is a poor, sad and pathetic soul that does,indeed, have a MENTAL problem–and she did not get the proper medical or psychological help she needed–buy what would you expect from Hollywood doctors.

Couragous is someone that saves a person from a burning building. Couragous is somene like Christopher Reeve, who fought for the rights of the disabled and went from an actor to an activist. Chaz is sick and is no better than a circus freak who does not belong on TV or be near children for that matter.

If you think this is "normal" and acceptable, you need to seek proper counseling, too...

October 27, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  20. truthquest

soooo disgusting.

October 26, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Snarky

This person is a "Star"? If you say so DWTS

October 26, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Barbara Brossman

I think the judges take all their judging way too serious. I mean, the winner is only going to get a Mirror Ball Trophy, not a million dollars!! The judges get way to mean to the contestants and many times cruel and hurtful! Especially Lyn. I agree with Maks, he needs to go. He is old and grumpy. I remember when Michael Bolton was one of the contestants and Bruno made very mean comments to him after he danced and he was angry with Bruno, saying he humiliated him in front of his family sitting in the audience. I felt bad for him. Maybe all 3 judges need to be replaced or they need to change the way they judge. I don't blame Maks at all for taking up for Hope and himself! The judges need to be more respectful to the pros and the stars.

October 26, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  23. starrfire

I applaud Chaz for giving the show a shot. He definitely was not the best dancer but has a lot of charisma. Good job, Chaz! I'm rooting for JR or Ricki!

October 26, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Judy

We watched DWTS for the first time this year just to see Chaz dance. He did this show for many reasons, but primarily to set an example for the transgender youth so they know they are not alone. Good job Chaz!

October 26, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Beth

SHE needed to be voted off a long time ago. I don't watch the show anymore (don't have the time to), but when I hear "Dancing" fans moan and say, "SHE (Chad) needs to be off the show RIGHT NOW" it's pretty bad. =\

October 26, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • OpenMinded

HIS name is Chaz. You sound even more ignorant when you can't even get the name right.

November 2, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  26. Fix In Texas

They should have gotten rid of this thing along time ago. Beard...What beard??? More like a 5 day 5 o'clock shadow!!! What part of this thing qualifies for a "cute little penquin" Bruno? I watch bits and pieces of this show but NEVER watched this thing act like it could dance. From recaps I saw, it was nothing more than a stiff board with feet (maybe that qualifies for penquin.... but cute???) How did it get this far America? I hope the rest of the contestants can start to shine now. Good Luck to the rest of the contestants!!!!

October 26, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  27. jables19

I have been produ of Chaz from the start. I wrote about it on my blog a little while ago.

October 26, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  28. jdriderman

Man up Chaz, quit whinning like some little girl. You're lucky you made it this far.

October 26, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Ky1e

Carrie Ann told Max not to be disrespectful when Lenny tore Hope apart. However its alright for the judges to demean and chastise these amateur dancers that were "invited" to participiate in Dancing with the Stars. Carrie Ann needs a time out and some sensitivity training, Len is a dinosaur and needs to move along. Bruno, well we all kow what a little dim wit he is. I agree, the show needs new judges with better chemistry -This is not working...so I will move on to anther channel.

October 26, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  30. sickofthis

To trolls Ur true luv is free now. To bad chaz would not have u either. Ur to twisted for even chaz.

October 26, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  31. sickofthis

To the trolls-the one who makes ur d!ck hard is free now Give chaz a call chaz probably would not have you tho Ur to twisted for even chaz

October 26, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  32. loJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk3yTXFkyiY&w=640&h=390]

October 26, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Sandy

There was no excuse for the comment that Bruno made to Chaz. I am done with the show, not interesting anymore and the judging is awful and they don't care about feelings, just ratings. I wish Simon would come up with a dancing show.
    Seems the judges can say anything and get away with it, but dancers are not suppose to say a word, but, some do and get told about it. Never really cared for the judges anyway.

October 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • margaret

the judges need to be told by the abc to shut up..there are people in this world who have a good thing are so unprofessional and just never shut up...the judges are fantastic dancers themselves at their ages..however they need to shut up and do the right job. this appears to be some sort of ratings game they are playing...

October 27, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Mary

Max has balls and he's right. Len and Bruno need to go. No, wait, they all need to go. It would make the show interesting again with new chemistry. All three of those judges choose favorites from the beginning and it's getting very obvious who they like or don't like no matter how bad or good they dance. Get rid of them.

October 26, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Suzanne

Wish Chaz could stay and Bruno and the old guy could go, this is a show about learning to dance, and these judges are just embarassing and killing the spirit of the dancers. Maks was right and he still is right....... get rid of the judging, and keep the dancing.....

October 26, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  36. Evel Knievel

They should have kicked him/her off for the crime that is that beard.

October 26, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  37. JeanneLH

I actually think Chaz was relieved to go. He gave it all he could. I think Hope wants off there, too. This is a strange cast this year. Nancy is slowly improving, but won't go all the way. David Arquette (sp) is the most bizarre guy I've seen. You kind of want to throw an Ativan his way. The Kardashian kid...I was prepared to NOT like him since I don't care for those girls with their plastic faces and boobs, but he is a pretty decent guy, who definately doesn't have the self esteem of his sisters. I hate it when they yell at the judges demanding a "9". It's all about them. They should just let Rob have his moment. But I think it will come down to J.R. and the chick dancing with Hough (can't think of her name). Wouldn't be surprised to see Max sit out a season from HIS show. Wow, would you have nerve enough to say that?

October 26, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • MBR

That would be Rikki Lake w/ Derek.. She's doing very well and will most likely be in the top 3

October 26, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Ed Peterson

numerology for Dancing with the Stars (Season 13):

October 26, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  39. The RightCHAZ One

We will miss you Chaz... still a winner in our hearts!!! GO CHAZ GO!!!

October 26, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  40. CHAZ Presley

Yeah CHAZ has a big ole manBelly now and I showed America a NEW KINDA Man.

"Im justa hunka hunka burnin CHAZ
    Im justa hunka hunka burnin CHAZ
    Im justa hunka hunka burnin CHAZ..."

October 26, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  41. Kareen

Chaz lasted 5 shows too late.
    I give him credit for trying, but a dancing talent he has not.

October 26, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Who Cares

There you go, pulease he is not a he but a she, got it?!@#$%^&*?

October 26, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Planet of the CHAZ

"Take you hands off me you dam dirty CHAZ"

October 26, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |