Kelly Clarkson on love, heartbreak and 'Stronger'
October 25th, 2011

Kelly Clarkson on love, heartbreak and 'Stronger'

One of the singles from Kelly Clarkson's latest album, "Stronger" - already pulling in praise - carries the theme that what doesn't kill you makes you ... well, we think you know the rest.

The prime example of this, the 29-year-old original "Idol" told USA Today, is how she's survived her own career.

"There have been times when I've literally been like, 'Not worth the sacrifice, time away from family, time away from friends,'" she said. And her hectic schedule hasn't been any kinder to her love life.

"Obviously it's really hard to date when I'm on four different continents in a week. Even if I do meet a great guy, I ain't ever gonna see him. There's only so much you can do with Skype!"

"I've never been in love," she added. "I've never experienced certain things, and I think that's because I have this side of me that is shut off. Because I haven't found anybody yet to open to that I feel like, 'OK, you're worth breaking down that wall for.' I've never found that." (It turns out the last time she's had her heart broken was about a year ago, and that was in relation to work, as she told The Daily Beast.)

She has, however, found the formula for an "older-better-tougher-smarter album," according to Entertainment Weekly's "Stronger" review.

"(Clarkson) pulls off the down-tempo 'Mr. Know It All' - because you're never too old for a good wag-your-finger-at-the-boys song," the review states.

"Miss Independent" is happy with the finished product, as well.

"Sonically, it's my best sounding album," she says. "A lot of people in pop will compress the hell out of your vocals. People get a formula because a lot of times in pop, that's the sound, and so they just stick that formula on every vocalist. But there are vocalists like Adele or Pink or me or Christina, there are vocalists that don't want that."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. cory

According to The Hollywood Reporter website, Kelly Clarkson will be performing her cover of Carrie Underwood's song "I Know You Won't" AGAIN on her upcoming "VH1 Unplugged" performance, this week. Um, how do you think Carrie Underwood feels about all of this? The first link below is the article from The Hollywood Reporter and the second link below is the Kelly Clarkson's performance of Carrie Underwood's "I Know You Won't":

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86XyxXUDiRU&w=640&h=390]

October 26, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. derp

Of course she is "stronger". At the size she is now, I bet she can bench press a waterbuffalo.

October 26, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. Mayhem

Cookie i betting ur fat. I recalled u making comments to ppl that wasnt nice. u thought it was funny n cute eh ? How much tub of lard do u eat a day. no. not evel.

October 26, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Cookie

lol and "i betting" you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm always nice on here infact (on several occasions) I support trolls, they are free to say and do whatever. but I firmly believe in mixing up your insults, not just using the same ones over and over. I would just like to read decent insults when I scroll through these things, is that so much to ask?

October 26, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan C from DC

@cookie- apparently since they can't understand what you were saying from the beginning. My recommendation? Go to the religion blogs, some stuff over there is HILARIOUS.

October 26, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
    • sara1982

or politics blog, that really gets them going.

on topic though, kelly is a great performer. she was live here in st.louis for a july 4th party and sounded fantastic. who cares what she looks like? obviously dudes that cant get chicks in the first place.

October 26, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. Daja

I heard kelly c has a big fat gaint pu.ss like the tub of lard that they have in the south.

October 26, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mr. Ed

Stfu already u stupid MFs. u never know when 2 fxxkin stop. I was playing ur 2

October 26, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
    • MiuMiu

Mr. Ed said: "Stfu already u stupid MFs. u never know when 2 fxxkin stop. I was playing ur 2" ur 2 what? accordians?

October 26, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  6. taylor

its true evel uses the same insults whenever he\she(\shim?) posts. glad im not the only one to notice. maybe he can bust out a thesaurus or somethin?

October 26, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  7. Cookie

Don't worry. Evel says the say three insults in whichever situation it applies: a girl is fat, a guy is gey, or vice versa. His trolling used to be funny, not its just the same things on roulette. He's full of weaksauce which makes me sad because I love trolls.

October 26, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Poop Uh Dee Doop

Ah, I see you follow the same old proverb as I: if you can't troll well, then don't troll at all. Good for you Cookie, you seem like a smart girl. har har a smart cookie? Alright, imma run away now, off to troll. You get my one compliment for the day.

October 26, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

Hey dumba ss, you realize that you have either pointed out two or four insults, not three.

October 26, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
    • @derp

blah blah blah. you obviously missed the point. not even worth explaining, you wouldn't understand even if I could dumb it down that much. Just know it has to do with literal\metaphorical. its okay to google those words, i wont laugh at ya.

xoxo Cookie

October 26, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

Well, when you post something meant to make fun of someone you look a lot less stupid if you get it right.

You said..."Evel says the say three insults in whichever situation it applies: a girl is fat, a guy is gey, or vice versa."

Your own statement, by definition implies that it is either the first two statements or their two inverses. That would be two or four insults, not three. I understood your "weaksauce" attempt at ridiculing Evel. I was just pointing out how stupid it is to screw up basic math when trying to ridicule someone.

So let me dumb this down for you 2+2 does not = 3.

2+2=4

Oh, and what does "not its just the same things on roulette" mean. It looks an awful lot like the same type of grammatical mistake that you just made fun of mayhem for.

Duh!

October 26, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rhoy Mann

@Evel Knievel you're so cool you know Kelly Clarkson songs.ROTF LMAO

October 26, 2011 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
  9. toothskull the frigid

then y do i feel zo bad- i waz thinkin itz sum1 elze dirty deed.

October 26, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. Vivian

She is superb

October 25, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. @Evel

Sum1 is messin w u. playhunny is not who u think it is.. dont u think its weird that she started being nice to u then sum1 else started leaving u msgs also. just saying. dont know what going on but have u seen the weird $h!t on the other blogs. i dont kn.

October 25, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. @evel

so u r in2 fat chicks. guess when ur desperate u'll take anything

October 25, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

Really? That's the best you got? You're swimming in the wrong end of the pool.

October 25, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • taylor

@Evel- yeah, something tells me you're the epitome of being in this so called "deep" end of the pool. You telling that guy he's in the shallow end of the pool would be like if my handicapped cousin told me I'm r3tarded. you see how that doesn't work?

October 26, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

@taylor, you're so stupid you don't even understand the analogy. It's the deep end I'm referring to, not the shallow end. Your voiding would be correct if they told you that.

October 26, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

*cousin – my smartphone is as ret@rded as you when it comes to autocorrect.

October 26, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • taylor

@evel- umm, you do know the "deep" end of the swimming pool is a compliment right? so unless you were giving that guy a compliment... which... it doesnt sound like then i am wrong. until then i stick by what i'm saying. The shallow end is where you DONT want to be. so if it is infact a compliment then i apologize which im sure is rare on these boards. unfortunately subtext and sarcasm is lost in most convos online.

October 26, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • sara1982

@taylor-i see where you read it wrong, unfortunately negatives can be misconstrued. lol i thought the same thing at first but i tend not to reply to people like this on here, its a fuel\fire situation. dont worry, mistakes happen. though technically it still fits since hes saying that person should be in the shallow end. hello pot, this is the kettle calling you black.

October 26, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Munster

@Evel/Taylor- you both sound stupid to me. Just saying despite the fact it could go without.

October 26, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. sweet emily

Does she eat doo doo ?

October 25, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. SYR1992

You know, Kelly Clarkson is an excellent human being and an outstanding singer. What is wrong with people criticizing someone else's weight? Who cares??! You know, I bet half of the people that say such hurtful things about another aren't as perfect as they claim to be. So instead of being so judgemental about a person that's so gifted, get off your ass and do something meaningful and worthwhile.

October 25, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • ajk

The one's doing the criticizing are pubescent boys who think more highly of themselves than they'll have a right to.

October 25, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • ajk

The one's doing the criticizing are pubescent boys who think more highly of themselves than they'll ever have a right to.

October 25, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

You can say that again

October 26, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  15. Kathleen's Battle

I totally listen to Kelly because she's supermodell thin. Oh wait, that would be stupid. I listen to her because her voice is fantastic.

October 25, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  16. annegelique

I love kelly!

October 25, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  17. annegelique

She's a great woman,with a wonderfull voice and a great body.true beauty!!

October 25, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  18. annegelique

I thin she has a great body and a wonderfull voice!

October 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

In the words of her most famous song, "Since you been gone/I can eat all the bacon/I'm so mooooooo-vin on/Thanks to you now I eat all I want..."

October 25, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. wblanco85

you guys are jerks! she is not here to model for you! she has a great voice and there is no reason to critic her weight, which really seems like she is just naturally a bigger girl but not obese.

October 25, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

Mama Cass had a good voice too, but we all know how that turned out. Both her and the ham sandwich died.

October 25, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Darth Tater

I bet she likes to root around in mens dirty butts sniffing the fresh doodee cakes.

October 26, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  20. donna

song ,,,but truth.. i like..i am watching cnn now thank you

October 25, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Dr Doodee Breath

Kelly Clarkston has a severe case of HPV...HiPpoVirus.

October 25, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark Montgomery loves removing his buttPlug then getting his TurdCutter banged.

Simon used to love filling her full of fried mayonnaise and butter sandwiches then pluggin her bungHole.

October 26, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  22. yavva

Here PIGGY PIGGY FATTY PIGGY...OINK OINK OINKER!!

October 25, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Evel Knievel

She doesn't date because she eats every guy she goes out with.

October 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |