Jennifer Lopez explains the mid-concert tears
October 25th, 2011

Jennifer Lopez explains the mid-concert tears

It may have appeared that memories of past loves made J.Lo become emotional during a recent performance, but the 42-year-old singer has clarified that thoughts of her family, not her men, made her tear up.

The singer graced the stage at a Connecticut event on Saturday, running through a set list that included old hits like "If You Had My Love" and new singles like "One Love" and "Until It Beats No More." As she performed "One Love," a Lopez doppelganger re-enacted moments from Lopez's prior relationships, including those with Cris Judd, Diddy, Ben Affleck, and of course her ex Marc Anthony.

"We wanted to do a section of the show that talked about love, and about questions that you have about love still," Lopez said of the act in an interview with "Extra" on Monday.

"At the end of the day, it's a journey," she continued. "I think when we did 'One Love,' and they saw the journey, and they saw that... I'm just a regular person like anybody else. My life goes great and it goes not so great sometimes, but we keep going. And I think they really felt that's what the message is."

And as far as the tears, Lopez affirms that she became emotional looking out at her mom in the audience and thinking of her twins, Emme and Max. "I did, because 'Until It Beats No More,' it reminds me always of the babies, it always did."

The star added in a chat with Access Hollywood that she also thought the audience was getting something out of it, as well.

"After I sang the song, I was standing there, and I realized that I did bare a little bit of my thoughts in this song," Lopez says. "I also acted it out, kind of, for the audience. The way they received it was very touching."

Filed under: Celebrities • Jennifer Lopez • Music

1. Basil Alvin

She is always great.See it an other awesome jennifer Top 10 Jennifer Lopz Songs .

December 29, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. patrisia

yall need to stop picking on her. yall r just haters,and jealous yall will do it for money and for monrob just jealous that you r not one of those that she hit it with.

November 21, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jenna

me too...janet jackson? i'd still pay to see her.

November 7, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. carol

she'll never be as popular as any of them...lady gaga, beyonce, janet jackson... never. janet's we in her 40's and i would still go see her before jennifer lopez any day.

November 7, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. gina

people stop commenting on this woman please....stop wasting the time on this person.

November 7, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. David Crandall

Because she'll never be as popular and talanted as Lady Gaga.

October 26, 2011 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. PeterD

She is a Wide Leg Spreader.

October 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • margherita

yea peter d. and she gets dumped every single time afterwards

October 28, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. sortakinda

Amazing responses. Apathy, nastiness and worse. How is this woman still around? She drives a little Fiat, parks it, comes back to find it on fire on blocks with kids rolling the tires down the street.

October 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • madge

sortakinda...that's because she's "phoney from the block" lol

October 25, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • madge

cause she's "phoney from the block"

October 25, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • MARYANNA

I SAW THE COMMERCIAL..SHE DRIVES A FIAT THROUGH THE ROUGH NEIGHBORHOODS.. THATS DISGUSTING ... GET THESE COMMERCIALS OFF... I WAS GOING TO BUY A FIAT BUT AFTER SEEING THE COMMERCIAL..NO WAY. RYAN SEACREST HANGS AROUND REALLY TRASHY PEOPLE DOESN'T HE?

November 7, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  9. madge

she's not PR trash..however she strikes me as a phoney and a player-that whole jenny from the block patch she was in is what kind of messed her career up a bit...even now in her commercial for Fiat she's driving the car through "the block"...she's so full of it.

October 25, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. D.Smithee

She's crying because she's irrelevant. She's not young. Nobody buys her music. And her car ads suck.

October 25, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. John

Wow, Such rotten people above. I would rather spend my time with her, then any of you jerks above. She has done more in her life, then most of you probably ever will. She is a great singer and she can act too.

October 25, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. tcaros

She can start a new product line called "J-Lo tears" the bottle should say "...just because it feels good."
    dummies will buy it.
    She's a smelly little brown spot anyway. You can find a dozen just like her in the wore parts of the city.

October 25, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Brooklyn

I send mad respect 2 all 4 ur real comments, but no matter wat we all think, comment on or feel.. ( 4give me JLo, I really do like u), but u will alwayr b a confused, dont kno wat the hell I wat in life kind of female, little Bronx girl.. Dat is a shame.. dat wat u want rolemodel in front of our teen n ur kids,( it's all good 2 jump from person 2 person n the hell w/ wat ppl say or feel bout me) Well we cant changea hoe in2 a housewife..

October 25, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. infonomics

I cried when I saw her crying. Then, when I thought about my crying, I wept. I stopped weeping for a minute, thought about it and resumed crying. I became confused and mused: which was my true emotional state, crying or weeping. The agony of my pondering caused me to sob. The sobbing continued until it was punctuated by vacillations between crying and weeping. So utterly puzzled by it all, I drifted into a slumber, awoke and wonder why I wrote this nonsense. Suddenly, I realized why. CNN's nonsense begot my nonsense.

October 25, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mrco Muniz

Phony biatch diva

October 25, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jo

Really – who cares? People pay to see her and they get what they get. This time they got tears as an extra bonus. Personally, I think she's a much better actor than singer. And to the racist – the fact that you referred to her as Puerto Rican trash disgusts me.

October 25, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • sue

i don't think she's pr trash..but i do agree she's "phoney from the block" baaaaaaaawaaaaaaaa
      heeeeeeeehooooooooo

October 25, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • sue

i don't think she's pr trash..but i do agree with some of the others that she's "phoney from the block"
      baaahaaaa

October 25, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Brooklyn

I send mad respect 2 all 4 ur real comments, but no matter wat we all think, comment on or feel.. ( 4give me JLo, I really do like u), but u will b a confused, dont kno wat the hell I wat in life.., Little Bronx girl.. Dat is a shame...

October 25, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Takin a Deuce

I bet jenn has a bigger weiner than P Didiot.

October 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Joe

PMS –that's all it is

October 25, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Common Sense

So many h8ters. What's wrong with you phookin people? She's human,you know. Get over yourselves. Jerks

October 25, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  21. maryanna

Just like u said myfriend amazes me to!!

October 25, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  22. maryanna

With all due respect until people look to the heart of the matter in other even with litte detail ur always find ur self back where u started so as she moves forward be inspired dont judge like she spoke shes a normal person like who went after her dreams u do the same go after yours then maybe u wont judge a book by its cover surely u wouldent that 4 urself out of others....godbless! x

October 25, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  23. Joe

What a beautiful woman. I'm still here for you Jennifer!!!!!!!!!

October 25, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  24. loJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]

October 25, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  25. Oma

I am constantly amazed at how very mean people are on this site.

October 25, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  26. Yomo

Boo, hoo! These were crocodile tears. Part of this show was to have P-Diddy, Ben Affleck and Marc Anthony look alikes. Real sentimental, huh? Especially clumping the man you had children with along with your boyfriends. Give me a break!
    People keep sipping the koolaid over this chick. She is nuts.

October 25, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Sunni

Exactly! It was very calculated and contrived. And, it clearly doesn't say much for her marriage or the father of her children to be lumped in with guys she dated.

October 25, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  27. GRS62

"No, it wasn't past boyfriends...it was a part of the act. I used it to get media attention for my failing career. Believe me, I'm not very emotional. It's all about business, just ask Mark. That's why he left me after I used him as a sperm donor."

October 25, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  28. citizenUSA

Homegirl, It was nice of you to address the issue but it was not necessary. It's noones business that you had a personal, human moment. I think most people realized the reason for your emotions. All the hateful comments are just ignorants who don't know you anyway. Que coman pastel!

October 25, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Monrob

Ese pastel ya esta probado una y mil veces. Ella es una puta.

October 25, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Zach-Boy

Her singing reminds me of an injured water buffalo with a mouth full of steamy doo doo.

October 25, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • emeraldsmash

@ Zach...thanks a lot. I was eating a Reese's pb cup when I read that...

October 25, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  29. CARMAG

There has never been a less talented so called "artists" as Madonna and this mulatto phony singer and dancer named Jennifer López. She is more fake than a $30,00 bill. Both of them refuses to fade away with their undeserved millions and leave us in peace. The United Nations should add to the Basic Human Rights Declaration an article saving us from hearing or seeing more of these two leeches.
    Greetings.

October 25, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  30. Scott Miller

Oh the poor little thing

October 25, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  31. Some Guy

After Marc Anthony... my money is on Steve Buscemi

October 25, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  32. Kristin

That whole charade was a very calculated move on her part. She's all business. The fame, fortune and ego have taken over her soul, that is if she ever had one.

October 25, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  33. parkcitybrian

ha...the diva is in total spin mode. all the negative, sarcastic and snarky comments regarding her obvious very phony tear-jerking charade has forced this talent-challenged, auto-tuned robot into full "trying -for- credibility" status. and what do you think about her commercial for fiat? ha...driving a fiat into the ghetto...ya...that makes sense, eh?

October 25, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  34. M I Snow

She's just doing it for the money... helps dell more records.. more J.Lo products... see her in the car ads... using her kids as props...

October 25, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Geoz

And you do what you do for the money. She just does it better than you.

October 25, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • MARGARET

ANYONE SEE THE FIAT COMMERCIAL...PHONEY DRIVES DOWN HER OLD NEIGHBORHOOD IN A FIAT...NOBODYS WORKING NOWADAYS AND THE PHONEY FROM THE BLOCK IS DRIVING DOWN A POOR NEIGHBORHOOD...GOOD CONCEPT FIAT.

November 7, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  35. Wicked Ways

Prob just getting her period.

October 25, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
    • dale

Perhaps it hit her that she is irrelevant.

October 25, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • tcaros

She's 42 as well and looking down the other half of her life. She will probably have a hard time dealing with her loss of stardom and is becoming reminiscent about more important things... like her soppy family.

October 25, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Joe

That must be Roberto. Shhhhh.

October 25, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |