Former 'Housewife' Dina Manzo defends Teresa Giudice
October 25th, 2011

Former 'Housewife' Dina Manzo defends Teresa Giudice

“The Real Housewives of New Jersey” had a dramatic reunion special (obviously), and while Teresa Giudice was the center of attention, a Manzo family feud was revealed.

Former "Housewife" Dina Manzo is apparently at odds with current "Housewife," sister Caroline Manzo. And it seems it has something to do with this season’s villain, Teresa.

People reports that Dina Manzo has shared her side of the drama, and the reality star appears to be siding with pal Teresa over her sister Caroline.

Dina left the show during season 2 (because she needed to escape "all of the toxic behavior”), and now hosts HGTV's “Dina's Party.” She took to her blog to reveal whose side she takes regarding the show’s current Caroline vs. Teresa battle.

"If this is all about a joke in a book (and [Teresa] assured me it was) that's not enough for me to hate the mother of my God daughter and a friend of 15 years," Dina writes of the feud, which stems from Caroline's anger over a few “jokes” Teresa included in her most recent cookbook.

"Was it necessary to write that stuff in her book? Probably not, but I don't think it was written with malice either," Dina continues. The comments called Caroline’s Italian heritage into question, and criticized son Chris’ stripper carwash plan.

But despite the bad blood, Dina says that her family will reconcile. “I feel bad that my relationship with my sister and her family is strained,” she writes, “but I can assure you that one day it will be back to the way it was.”

She hits caps lock to add, “THIS IS THE LAST I WILL DISCUSS ANY OF THIS.”

“Dina’s Party,” Dina would like you know, airs on HGTV Saturdays at 10 p.m. EST.

1. Loans blog, tips and fun

Great web site. Lots of helpful information here. I'm sending it to some pals ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks in your effort!

April 23, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sue

I feel Theresa was picked on terribly on the season reunion. Caroline needs to grow the **** up and stop being so bossy. She thinks she knows it all and she needs to learn to shut up and listen to other people.

She needs to take a lesson from the HWOBH and learn that what you say does affect others and maybe you hurt Theresa and her family, You bullied Danielle and now Theresa!

She was very harsh and I hope someone someday gives you a taste of your own medicine.

October 28, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Janet

Yeah to Dina....I really respect you and your decision to leave the NJ Housewives. The show has become extremely toxic. I will never watch NJ Housewives again....it's sad and it's even sadder that Andy Cohen and Bravo promotes this kind of behavior. Dina, good luck with your new show!!! Goodbye NJ Housewives.......you could all use a little prayer and meditation in your lives.

October 26, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jolybwa

After the first season, I thought that Teresa was loyal, eccentric, loving and family-oriented. However, during the other seasons I realized that she slowly tried to get to the center of attention (because of her book), she was possessive when it came to family (family – Kathy, brother, sister-in-law and and friends – Caroline, Jacqueline), stubborn and appeared ( I'm using this word because of tape editing) not intelligent. I was disappointed with the season's reunion. It was clear that Teresa let fame blind her. It was heartbreaking to see Caroline cry, she is a good person and doesn't deserve to have Dina siding with Teresa. Melissa and Kathy are awesome (I didn't like them at first because of what Teresa was saying about her own family). Hope that Dina changes her mind after watching this season of Real Housewives of New Jersey. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON!!! : D

October 26, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kathy Josephson

Thersa is an adult bully. Thersa haven't you seen all the children committing suicide from being bullied and called names. Where is the niceness. Please don't teach your children this behavior. There lives are precious and shouldn't be ruined because of you .

October 25, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Linda Gardner

Although HWNJ is a reality show is it necessary to hurt each other I do think Tersea was nasty this season all the women played their part in the show. It's easy to point fingers. I would think every one knew what their role would be before they put their selves into a ratings game. Teresa has been hurt more over the bankrupt and Joe could go to prison. When it gets to break downs like Jaqlines.

October 25, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Carol

This year I think Teresa was VERY nasty. I disliked her behavior. And I think the comments that she made in her cookbook were uncalled for. At first I was excited to purchase the book now, not so much. Her marraige seems to be very one sided. In the begining of the series, Joe seemed to give her such nice attention. Now, not so much. And her girls don't know how to behave! My heart breaks for Gia, looks like she's starving for attention. Although I do realize it must be hard for the camera to be in their face all the time. If it comes back next year, I may not watch. Love the Manzo family.
    And Lynn Longo, I agree with you, I'm Italian too and we don't look or act like that (Teresa)-guess I have to remember, it's a tv show.

October 25, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jess79

It's pretty clear between past seasons and this season that Teresa has let the fame go to her head. She thinks her stuff don't stink..... I can't wait until Season 4 starts up and we can see for ourselves what really happened between Teresa and Caroline.

October 25, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. San Jose

I definitely agree that there is more going on than we found out from the reunion. This is a direct result of one person: Teresa. She would not let ANYone else talk for more than 5 seconds, including the host, Andy. Teresa is nuts, and has let fame go to her head in a major way. She should probably focus more on her failing marriage to her DBag husband who, by the way, is the REAL scammer!!

October 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Manzo Family

The entire Manzo family are just a bunch of Scammers.

October 25, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jersey Shore 10+earlier

OK! Think about it! It's the Jersey Shore CAST 10-15 years later! Teresa especially gives credibility to the Jersey stereotype! She is a product of parents who never said no! So let's only hope her own children give her exactly what she deserves!

October 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Yolanda

Please guys it's just a show, I like Theresa and Caroline, but just face it
    If Caroline wish to throw 10 years out the window, She was never Theresa friend in the first place. True friends or friendship agree and disagree it never dies. So stop the hateful name calling. Theresa it will get better!!!

October 25, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • jerseygrl

Please tell me how you LIKE a person you don't know.... LOL!
      Teresa made it 3 against 1 with her constant misinterpretation of statements, attacks and defensiveness. Melissa complimented her on "Don't know how she smiles through the $$ chaos she's living in", and Teresa didn't like it, it was a dig. Caroline was asked what she felt about Teresa's finances, Caroline attempted to say "don't understand, don't want to know" and Teresa kept interrupting with "don't want to hear it". Caroline was trying to answer a question diplomatically. Teresa tried to make every thing about herself. Kathy talked about her childs surgery and how it changed her life. Teresa's comment was how it changed hers too. Not, "you are a great mom, you were a great support, you must've been so distraught..." It was always "I I I ME ME ME ME TOO ME TOO!"
      She was dismissive, nasty, defensive, obviously lieing (how about not leaving her kid unattended, and there was tape showing it?), and straight out of the textbooks Narcissistic.

October 25, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lyn Longo

I AM Italian. I would hat to think that anyone would look at Teresa and think that we are all like that.

October 25, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. NX2MOM

Seriously Tanna! Are you even watching the same show as everyone else? Teresa has let the fame of the show go to her head. I loved her in the beginning, but she has turned into a backstabbing beotch! You cant tell her anything because she takes it the wrong way. She talks about everyone constantly behind their back. And why does she think that Melissa and Kathy had to have her approval to be on the show. She really needs a good dose of reality, her head has gotten way too big!

October 25, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yolanda

Please tell me how you can call Theresa out of her name, When all of the housewives are just as guilty as Theresa, ALL OF THEM TALK ABOUT EACH OTHER IT'S CALL LET'S MAKE RHWNJ RATE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE!!! PLEASE DO THE MATH!!!!!

October 25, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tanna

Teresa is just defending herself because everyone else jumps down her throat about everything. Its 1 against three and as far as the "skinny italian" comments, they started with her first so she once again was defending herself. I yet have caught teresa in a lie on the show and everything she says is legit and she just says it how it is.

October 25, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • VPlachy

You must be kidding or drinking the same koolaid that Teresa is.

October 25, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • tammy

Look at that ugly piece of whitebread. I would love to smash a doodee pile in her face.

October 25, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Holly

TERESA ASSURED YOU? seriously...Obviously it was more than just the book. Going through the show, there were events that made me think Teresa really wasn't who she said she was. Caroline said that the book was the icing on the cake. So there was MUCH more to that then just a stupid joke in a book...

October 25, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Belial

Teresa is always the center of attention in a negative way. She doesn't shut up long enough to let anyone have they say. I think when people speaks over people, they are wrong and are hidding something. I think that Teresa has a lot to do with Deena turning Carolyn. I don't like Teresa, not one bit.

October 25, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  18. beatmetracie

I was thinkin anil as soon as I saw her.

October 25, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Eden W T

Dina! I like your comments, Teresa is a good persons, she speack-up her mind, please be close to her. Caroline and Jackline have issues!!

December 1, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |