Aisha Tyler joins 'The Talk'
October 24th, 2011

Aisha Tyler joins 'The Talk'

“The Talk” gets another new face. Aisha Tyler has joined CBS' daytime chat show, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The 41-year-old actress/comedian starts her co-hosting duties today, alongside remaining stars Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne and fellow newbie Sheryl Underwood.

Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete were let go last month, and Marissa Jaret Winokur left earlier this year.

In addition to her new gig, Tyler currently voices a character on animated FX series “Archer,” and stars in the upcoming Canadian action series “XIII."

In the comedy realm, Tyler starred in her own Comedy Central special, “Aisha Tyler Is Lit: Live at the Fillmore,” and has written a book, “Swerve: Reckless Observations of a Post-Modern Girl.”

And she has plenty of hosting experience: Aisha has guest-hosted on “The Talk,” CBS' “Late Late Show,” and was the first female host on E!'s “Talk Soup.” She even shot a talk show pilot for ABC in 2009.

1. Kimmy

My co-workers and I always watch The Talk at lunch time and everyday we grow tired of Aisha. We never know what she's trying to say, it's as if she's talking just to be talking. Case and Point one f the topics today was on Trevon and the fact that his mother retracted a statement well all the ladies got straight to the point and were brief. Aisha talked almost a minute and we still don't know what she was saying. We think she is beautiful but she is also very boring and does not bring enough "spark" to the table. The rest of the cast, each one brings something diffrent and we really enjoy them

April 12, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sonja

Like all of the ladies on the Talk, Mrs. Aisha Tyler is a tremendous actress with a truly beautiful spirit. That is why I think she missed it when commenting on Giselle Brady's staements on her husband's 'teammates not catching balls. Mrs. Brady just had a moment in time, angered by the taunts lodged against her love. I am sure with further reflective time she will understand or now understands how her words were hurtful, and will apologize in the appropriate way. Ms. Tyler and Ms. Osbourne also alluded to her supermodel status in a less than complimentary way, saying there are better things to pray about then asking God to let your husband win a Superbowl. I think Mrs. Brady needs to be honored for recognizing a greater divine force. She also needs to be honored for allowing that force to work through her in the millions and millions she has donated to cancer treatments and African American pediatric AIDS causes. She has been a voice, advocate, and contributor to the very causes the ladies assailed her on. Let us stop putting others down, for most of the time we do not have the full picture. Stay the beautiful spirited ladies you are, and if you read my comments, then make public apologies to Mrs. Brady and to God for mocking him in a praying circle. You all are so much better with God's gifts.

February 14, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bsyl1996

I like Sheryl replacing Leah, but bring back Holly. This new gal is boring...........

January 1, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. LeeLee

I can barely tolerate Julie, now we got Aisha, who is just as annoying as Julie is – probably why they picked her – I love Leah and Holly, and I love Sheryl, Sara, and Ms. O, but those other 2 – I can't take it. I'm done.

January 1, 2012 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Prnava

October 20, 2011 i'm alawys loving great stretching advice most of my problems with running have occured in my feet..oddly enough. I'm pretty sure I have an issue with plantar fascitis in my right foot as long as I ice my foot with a frozen water bottle and massage my foot with a golf ball, it helps alot. i've never tried foam rolling before, but I really need to start I think injuries are prob what tend to scare runners the most i know thats how I feel anyways I think the best way to avoid it is just train smartly. Overtraining is so easy to do that its crazy I've struggled with it myself. Its all a learning experience right?I cant stand GUs, they make me gag. I've used the sport jelly belly beans and they are decent but my all time fave is Cliff shot blocks, they work really well for me and settle down nicely in my stomach. plus they are yummy Theresa recently posted..

February 13, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Seeya

Boring, bring back Leah and holly!

November 30, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Superhiro

Love her in Archer.

October 26, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frasica

The imrofnation given by Delilah are excellent, and the video from you tube was terribly sad.Why anyone deliberately hurts an innocent child or any living thing is beyond me, people like this need to be locked up, an anyone who protects them or stays silent is equally guilty.Good luck with the presentation.

February 13, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Alex69

Check out your own names people? Who cares. Stop hating her for what CBS did.
    I am sure she is a very nice person.. Truth is the show will never be the same wthout Leah and Holly. CBS you messed up! Sorry girl, not personal just want the original girls back and can't watch now. All of television is full of vampires, zombies, werewolves and cannibals, boring! Love stories, boring!. All the interesting, refreshing and funny shows are gone. Television sucks CBS, ABC and NBC. Why don't you all fire yourselves?

October 25, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Renee

I'm glad she got the Job.

October 25, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. wlison

@funky names I love those name I think they're s*xy and strong,if a person is prejudice and my daughters name is Emma,Rachel,Jennifer,Amanda,Prissy,Debbie or Buffy she's still not getting the job.Aisha Tylers'name should have been Abagail (Abby)for short.

October 25, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  10. funky names

Aisha, Loquetia, Sophelia, Florestine, Keisha, etc. why do de parents give de girls these funky names? it ID's you as bl@ck without even seein' yo picture!

October 25, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  11. wlison

That wanabe is not worthy of that name,I can't stand that woman.

October 25, 2011 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. Moody

@mizzgeek isn't Arabia on the continent of Africa?

October 25, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

Uhh, no.

Saudia Arabia is on the "continent" of Asia. There are several "Arab" countries along the northern edge of Africa, but Saudi Arabia is considered Asia.

Aisha, as a name, became famous as the most important of Mohammed's wives. He father was the first Caliph. She lived, died, and was buried in Saudi Arabian (Asia)

October 25, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  13. ^^ and i want

want to outline ur lips tracing it w/my tongue

October 24, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. derp

I wonder how many women living on the continent of Africa are named Aisha?

October 24, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mormon

I want some of that brown sugar

October 24, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |