Get ready for two major releases this week.
First up is “Steve Jobs: A Biography,” the authorized book by Walter Isaacson. While it was slated for release in November, the biography was moved to October 24 after Steve Jobs’ death and the subsequent soaring of pre-orders. The book will be available as a hardcover, an audiobook and as an e-book.
Coldplay’s latest album in three years, “Mylo Xyloto,” follows critically acclaimed “Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends.” Songs from the album, like “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall,” are doing well on the music charts. The album will be released on October 24.
Here’s what else you shouldn’t miss this week:
- Catch the pilot of “Once Upon a Time,” at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. This series, produced by “Lost” creators and starring Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison, looks at the town Storybrooke, where fairytale characters are frozen in the modern world because of a curse.
- Dylan Baker will guest star as a convicted killer on “The Good Wife” at 9 p.m. ET on CBS.
- Crossover alert! NCIS agent Kensi Blye (Daniela Ruah) from “NCIS: Los Angeles” will be on “Hawaii Five-O” to examine a video of Steve’s father. UFC champion Chuck Lidell will also guest star.
- Other books to look out for this week are “1Q84” by Haruki Murakami, the famous Japanese novel that will now be released in English, and “The Litigators” by legal-thriller author John Grisham.
- “Captain America: The First Avenger” will be out on Blu-ray and DVD along with “Winnie the Pooh” and the “Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy.”
- Christmas albums from Michael Bublé and Zooey Deschanel arrive today, titled “Christmas” and “A Very She & Him Christmas," respectively. Also look out for “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson and “Clancy’s Tavern” by Toby Keith.
- Do you feel like it's been a while since you've seen Justin Timberlake? He'll be on “The Late Show with David Letterman" tonight.
- Watch the Halloween-themed episodes of “The Big Bang Theory” at 8 p.m. ET on CBS, “Community” at 8 p.m. ET on NBC and “Parks and Recreation” at 8:30 p.m. ET on NBC.
- The season 5 premiere of “Chuck,” where Chuck has to adapt to a new marriage, new spy company and a new Intersect, debuts at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.
- “Chuck” will be followed by the pilot episode of “Grimm” at 9 p.m. ET, which is about a detective who tracks down fairytale monsters.
- Our favorite feline in boots is back! “Puss in Boots,” voiced by Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Zach Galifianakis and Billy Bob Thornton will be out in theaters.
- Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried's much-anticipated movie “In Time,” about a world where no one ages past 25, lands in theaters today as well.