'Jersey Shore' says ciao, for now
October 21st, 2011

'Jersey Shore' says ciao, for now

The season finale of “Jersey Shore” brought up a lot of questions for me:

• Did Snooki and The Situation really hook up before season 4? (Probably)
  • Will Sammi and Ronnie actually make it through another episode without killing each other? (Yes)
  • Why does Deena even own “underwears”? (I got nothin’)

And then, the most mind boggling question of them all: What was the point of filming in Florence, Italy?

If it weren’t for the scene-setting shots of the Duomo and the close-ups of Deena facedown on the cobblestone streets, you’d think the cast was still club hopping in Seaside Heights.

The finale, however, finally showed the gang on a walking tour around the city. Though underwhelming, it did provide for some laughs when Deena said she’d gladly “do” Michelangelo's David. Snooki, on the other hand, wasn’t too impressed. (Need I say why?)

Thankfully, we can always count on the Pauly D-Vinny combo for a laugh. (By the way, anyone have a guess as to why there was a tiny white bird perched on Pauly’s shoulder during his last shift at the pizzeria? Real or fake, that seems unsanitary.)

When the crew went back to the pizzeria to say their goodbyes, they each brought an article of clothing along to leave on the clotheslines hanging from the joint’s ceiling. Pauly chose a T-shirt with the same double-star design that’s tattooed on his elbow. Deena chose a pink thong, which is weird because – judging by previous episodes – I didn't think the girl owned a pair of panties.

Clearly sick of Italy, the gang whips up some American food for their last meal in Florence. “The first thing I’m going to do when I get to Jersey is go straight to the tanning salon,” Pauly said. I suppose a pale complexion is enough to drive a “Jersey Shore” cast member mad.

And despite taking on loner status this season, it appears The Situation will return to Jersey with the rest of the crew. (Note: You shouldn’t go fishing for compliments without bait. Think about that, Sitch.)

What did you think of last night’s season finale? Am I the only one feeling “Jersey Shore”-ed out?

Even Vinny admitted to needing a break from the reality show at one point.

He told Us Weekly that he took a little break from the Shore after getting back from Italy.

“I did leave right in the beginning of filming in Jersey,” he said. “I just needed to recharge my batteries a little bit. I wasn't feeling too good. I wanted to go home.”

“You’ll see in detail what happens when it comes out,” Vinny added. But will you follow the cast back to Seaside Heights for season 5?

Post by:
Filed under: Jersey Shore • TV recaps

1. Dodge Intrepid 2003 Repair Manual

That is very attention-grabbing, You are an overly skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and stay up for in quest of extra of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks

April 18, 2012 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  2. sue

snookie's on a defense about hooking up with the situation...when she's drunk she does anything....

October 28, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. loJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esg1A7Bq1hY&w=640&h=390]

October 24, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jeremiah David

Whats Really going on in the News. Be Informed Laugh Subscribe JeremiahDavidChannel on YouTube Watch now!!!
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbAQfSa4WyY&w=640&h=390]

October 23, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Epicnews7

October 23, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeremiah David

October 23, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jeremiah David

Whats Really going on in the News?!!! Be Informed Laugh Subscribe http://youtu.be/pbAQfSa4WyY
    Watch at JeremiahDavidChannel on YouTube

October 23, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Arlen

Meh. Can't blame any of these people for making money. It's society's fault that they're popular. Personally I think the show has lost its charm. It is obviously fake, and ESPECIALLY the reunion shows where they get fed these lines that sound so unnatural, but there is an army of teens who swear by it and never miss an episode. That being said, they're all paid so much that unless the ratings are massive every season it isn't profitable. I'm betting they get spin offs.

October 22, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. millie Vanilly

lets congratulate grease ball ronnie on his new european advertising gig for the new and improved swedish P`enis pump. he went from 1.5 inches to 2.5 inches with a few pumps.

October 22, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  10. The Devil's Bride - @Yea

Another loser..lol. plze go get branded.

October 21, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. The Devils's Bride - @Pliny

I bet u can't even do that luver (look in a mirror).. cuz everytime u try to look at urself in a mirror, it sees u coming and it shattered before u can do so. I bet u have LOSER branded on ur forehead.

October 21, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. yea

What pliny said ! I am with u pliny-all the way !

October 21, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tendofreak

Four seasons huh? That means I've watched one minute for every season! (for all you Jersery Shore fans...thats four minutes ) I vowed when watching a commercial for this show.....and saw one of the "punks" (yes...that is what they are...PUNKS) punch some girl in the face in a bar........that I would never waste my time with anything to do with JS. Well....I've added another three minutes to that time for a total of seven minutes (I added that time togather for all you JS fans again). About the same time as a good crap which is about all that show is worth!

October 21, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. NANA

Hey, if this is what it takes to make money in this economy. Heeyyyy! Do it baby! I do get a kick out of this show. All you have to do is act like fools and there you go, a paycheck. COOL.......

October 21, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. B

Ok here is the real deal with the show... it is a lesson for the rest of the regular people in the world you get to see what it would be like to hang out with the popular high school crowd... Suddenly you realize that this "IN" crowd is a big joke and the time you had in high school actually learning something was not so bad... Now as far a snooki is concerned yes I find her attractive the big butt the swollen boobs and all but after hearing her for 5 minutes you want to kiill yourself...So I say bravo for showing the true side of DAGO's we always knew it but had no real proof until now way to go MTV Now if Snooki can just shut up for a few minutes I could show her what a real session is like.
    B

October 21, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  16. @Junkpile

Lol.. @Karate Girl, omg..i would pay you to kick his (Mr. Ed's) a** and pay you extra to watch..lol

October 21, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  17. derp

How do you say dooshbag in Italian?

October 21, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  18. @raisedbrows

Lmao..you record and watch it while everyone is sleeping. Not a closet drinker but a closet watching NJ shore..lol. Are you that embarrassed to be seen watching it?...lmfao! That's too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

October 21, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Joyce

By the way-NOT-i was just kidding. Never have and never will watch them !

October 21, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Joyce

I love these ppl and their show. Good storyline, you never know what to expect. It is good family viewing !

October 21, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  21. raisedbrows

I admit, this show is my guilty pleasure, that I record and watch when everyone is sleeping. It's a shame they can't use this cast and show them doing something charitable.. like working in a food bank instead of a tshirt shop or pizzeria.. with their popularity with the younger generation, it might actually do some good for mankind. I think of the possibilities, and think "what a waste"

October 21, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Missy

Hey Karate' girrl! You go girl! Fight the good fight. You have lots of trolls on here to pick from. Happy Friday to you, too!

October 21, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  23. karate' girrrl

Ive been hired on to fight against bad guys like Mr. Ed. He is a mean bully. I am KARATE GIRL !

October 21, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  24. karate' girrrl

Happy Friday Missy. Im Karate Girl.

October 21, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Missy

All I can say is thank God for season finales! Maybe we'll all be lucky and not hear a thing about these drunken idiots until their next season. If we are really lucky, there will be no next season! Good weekend to everybody!

October 21, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Lindsay Lohan

I think you ment AA meetings. I think Deena has a tasty tuna. Only the tastiest tuna gets to be Lindsays starfish.

October 21, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  27. ~*~

Correction.. AA*

October 21, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  28. chantal

I thought an extention was a hair weave. Girlfrien hush,

October 21, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  29. ~*~

I honestly can't stand Snooki and Deena. For girls they are a two fat drunken s-luts. They both need to wear panties because no one want to see their fat tuna. Those two shouldn't be allowed out in public. Weeellll, maybe just to go to AAA meetings.

October 21, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Luvrrr

Are you Kidding i'd do anything to see Snooky's fat Tuna

October 24, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • AAA

I'm sorry I wasn't aware that they needed to get out to join AAA. I guess Snooki would need it since she can't drive and crashes into police vehicles..

November 1, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Look Away!

Sure... You can watch every season of Jersey Shore if you want to. You can also look directly into the sun during a solar eclipse. Either way, you'll end up wrecked for life.

October 21, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. whatever

It wasn't a white bird. It was an extention of the megaphone so he could speak into without holding it in front of his face.

October 21, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • CNN.com writer Stephanie Goldberg

That makes a lot more sense. I'll be sure to put my glasses on the next time I'm recapping a TV show. Thanks!

October 21, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Breeanna Hare, CNN.com writer

It looks like a bird to me. Well, a bird of some sort. Still not sure why it's just chilling on his shoulder like that. Fast forward to 7:13::

October 21, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  32. chantal

These kids be smart. Hanin fun and gettin paid.

October 21, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  33. marie calendar

It is true. When I live in Jersey us girls had contest to see who could collect the most. I collected 3 !

October 21, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  34. guest19

@Tom – loved your joke. Hope that show is gone for good. Surely they can come up with better stuff. Hope the K's are next!!

October 21, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  35. tom

STDs are HOT ! Everyone wants to have a girlfriend with multiple STDs. That is a status symbol. It shows she is popular and well liked.

October 21, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Observer

I really fail to see why the fascination with this show. Aside from the amusement of watching stupid people getting into problems, what is the point?

October 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pliny

Obsurder,

If you want to 'watch stupid people', all you need is a mirror.

October 21, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  37. @tom

Funny joke, not.

October 21, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  38. tom

Plus the Snookster is way hot. She is a ripe blueberry ready to be picked.

October 21, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  39. tom

All you haters are just jealous. These young tallented people are making a fortune. They have it all. Young. Attractive. Good Looking. Wealthy. Plus they are alot smarter than any of you loosers.

October 21, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • chris

haha you "loosers". way smarter than us loosers.

spell check man.

October 21, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • K-Man

"...Attractive, good looking..." Those things are the SAME thing. no need to repeat yourself. And be honest with yourself, there are only 4 1/2 good looking people on that show: Ronnie, Pauly D, Vinny, and J-Woww... now I'm sure you think the 1/2 means Snooki but you're wrong... it means Sammi. I say 1/2 because she's only cute half the time as long as she's not making that ugly, angry bull dog face and/or speaking she's doing good

October 21, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • ayolex24

How in the world are they talented? i love the show yes, but there is no talent here.... so i dont know what your talking about. originally it was a "real world" type for Italians in jersey.... and as far as i am concerned the real world doesnt contain much talent... and alot smarter? have you heard any of the things that come out of their mouth? they dont even speak proper english...

October 21, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • gina

tom i want my kids to use you as and example in life

October 28, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ja1

I am happy for them if they could get a pay check doing
    what they do.

October 21, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • tomj

Don't whine when two of them die from a drug overdose in a few years because they couldn't handle the media pressure and insults.

First death will go to Snooki in a alcohol related incident. Current Vegas bet has her dead before 2020.

November 2, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  41. I'd hit it...

...with a Hellfire missle.

October 21, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |