Taylor Swift has 25 songs written for new album
October 20th, 2011

Taylor Swift has 25 songs written for new album

Fans will be happy to know that Taylor Swift is progressing nicely with her fourth studio record. The pop star tells the Hollywood Reporter she’s been pumping out plenty of new material in preparation for her next project.

“I’ve written 25 songs so far, so it’s coming along really well,” the 21-year-old singer revealed during an interview Tuesday.

“I’ve been writing a lot, and I like to take two years to make a record,” Taylor says of her follow up to 2010’s “Speak Now,” which she notes is “looking really great.”

“We’re at the end of year one and I still have a year left to go write,” Swift says. Taylor’s next effort could be released in the fall of 2012, considering the drop dates of her three previous albums.

Her first album, “Taylor Swift,” made its debut on October 24, 2006, followed by sophomore album “Fearless” two years later, on November 11, 2008. “Speak Now” hit stores on October 25, 2010.

The singer is currently on her “Speak Now” world tour, plus, she's busy promoting her new scent, Wonderstruck. Where does she find the time?

1. Chuyển đổi FONT chữ VNI Windows, TCVN3 sang Unicode online

Great web site. Plenty of useful info here. I am sending it to a few friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks to your effort!

January 30, 2013 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. social exposure

I'll right away seize your rss as I can not to find your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you've any? Please allow me understand so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

September 19, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bummbelB

so yeah i think that she should branch out.............. her songs are all about love and stuff they are predictable but at the same time shes awesome and pretty

October 26, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cheap Taylor Swift Tickets

Although I like Taylor's music, I could have and a small branch. Not much can be said about the pain and love.

October 26, 2011 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. Dude

Where's the comment saying,' Her music is magical, I love it" Wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha who made that up?

October 25, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  6. deb

Oh goody....25 more songs about "I met you in high school" and "You asked me out on a date" and "I saw you with that other girl" and "You broke my heart" and "We're young and in love" and blah blah blah blah freakin' BLAH. And while she's at it, maybe she should learn to SING ON KEY.

October 24, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • lindsey

Ok so look yea her songs are about love and heartbreak and all that good good stuff but jus think about it yall the ones actually buy her songs and type your little comments rght here fyi yall heres a little secreat ur making her even more famous than she is but i love her and if shes 55 ill still by her cd and who ever sayed shes off key well first do u play music and 2nd who cares shes selling freakin music and shes gettin famous for it so theres my comment

May 1, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • ShutDaHeckUp

All the BEST songs are written about love. When you finish reading this comment you'll probably go listen to another love song. Otherwise it's gonna be something about money or drugs.

July 16, 2012 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. Feeniegal

I just don't understand why all these celebs are trying to sell perfumes in this economy. Guess it's a good thing to smell good at the poor house.

October 24, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Chucklehead

I hate country music and I really don't thing this little chicklet has much of a voice but I sure as hell would love to butter her muffin in the morning.

October 24, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  9. my 2 cents

She must be doing something right. It's like the old saying goes, "If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It." Love Taylor's music and I hope she never changes. She's the total package. Simply put, she's amazing.

October 23, 2011 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  10. madhater

Lasty!

October 21, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. madhater

I would suggest she change her persona, and be more whurish.

October 21, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Juliana

We all the girls love Taylor's songs! She's great!

October 21, 2011 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  13. Em

While I love Taylor's music, I do think she could and should branch out a bit more. There's only so much you can say on the topic of heartbreak and falling in love.

October 21, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jane

I agree have you seen the interview?? I've seen it posted at CELEBUR.COM the video is still up i think.

October 21, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  15. joan

speak now album sold 4 million copies world wide!!!!

October 20, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  16. martha

go taylor and i cant wait 4 her new album

October 20, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  17. wendy

Let's alert the media,oops she already did that.

October 20, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  18. derp

She could save herself a lot of time and money by just making one song and having it play over and over again on her album because all of her crap just sounds the same anyway.

October 20, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Riyeitre

She has been written especially for us, so you find very interesting about the song, she show her feeling to the fans

October 26, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • ShutDaHeckUp

The more love and pain songs the merrier! When someone goes through a depressing time in life, they need a song to just cry to, and Taylor gives us those! Once you've listened to one song repeatedly for a constant amount of time, you could use a new song. That;s where her new songs come in!

July 16, 2012 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  19. be quiet

marry me

October 20, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Susan - Canada

I can't get over how cruel people can be....sure is a lot of jealousy out there. Obviously, a lot of people like this young lady...she has sold million of albums and sells out stadiums within minutes.

October 20, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Get a room (@ Susan - Canada)

People aren't jealous... you guys really need to stop using that argument for every celebrity that is out there making money. We aren't jealous of their fame, their fortune, or their careers... if we were maybe we'd make an attempt at reaching their status.

The fact is, all her songs are the same... if these comments didn't tell you that then I don't know what will. I can respect that she writes songs from the heart (as opposed to 95% of the garbage out there today) but how long can she keep writing songs about guys that broke her heart? She needs new material... like maybe about her life outside of dating... it just sounds like a broken record... and derp has a clutch point there... one song pretty much sums up all the rest.

October 21, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |