Jill Zarin: 'Housewives' was just a platform for me
October 20th, 2011

Jill Zarin: 'Housewives' was just a platform for me

Jill Zarin, Alex McCord, Cindy Barshop and Kelly Bensimon were not invited back for season 5 of “The Real Housewives of New York,” and at least one of the ladies is totally fine with it. Zarin spoke to Parade.com about being let go by Bravo and her future plans.

Zarin, 48, says she had a hand in her firing. “I sort of let it happen,” she claims.

Jill also has her own theory as to why Bravo switched up the cast of her former show. “In television, it's about what you can do to be more dramatic and keep the viewers,” she explains. “I do think it gets to a point where some of the fans say, 'I've had enough.' I think that's one of the reasons why they changed the cast on New York.”

But the reality star isn’t upset, because there’s a silver lining – she’s big in Europe! Jill says she gets tons of international fan email these days: “[I]t's just now starting to air in Europe. I get about 50 emails a day from the UK, Germany, Israel and Australia — we're all over the world.”

The sassy Manhattanite doesn’t hold back on how she views her time with the show. “It was just a platform for me,” she says of her four-year run on “The Real Housewives.” The fabric store diva explains that Bravo opened the door to the entertainment business.

Thanks to her newfound fame, Zarin says she has a few projects up her designer sleeve.

“It won't be the last time (I hope) that I'll be on television,” Jill hints. “I have a couple things that I'm in the middle of that I can't share yet.”

1. jim

$100 says we never see her on television ever again.

October 22, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. remy

well now that you're so big you can invite Kate Gosselin over for dinner

October 21, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Billy Mays

I call BS. You are a washed-up, sour grapes has-been.

October 21, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bee

I like Jill. Not her personally, but she made the show interesting. I won't miss Kelly, Alex, or Cindy. I wish they would have gotten rid of Sonia before Jill. It will be interesting to see the new people. If they are anything like Cindy, I don't think I'll be watching much longer. She was boring!

October 21, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • RvrDelta

I so agree, they should have canned Sonja. She is a lame parody of Kim Cattrell's Samantha! They shoulda swapped giving Jill the axe for Sonja.

December 18, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. betty

After what she tried to do to Bethenny, I was just soooo done with her. Can't stand her, I wish she would just go away.
    She went on a witchhunt against her and it backfired. Thank god she is gone.

October 21, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. Garry

CELEBUR.COM IS A VIRUS!!!!!!! DO NOT CLICK THE LINK!

October 21, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • DuhDuhDuh

No need to share that breaking news, Gar. Everyone else in the entire world knew that without clicking the link. First time on the interwebs?

October 22, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Nielsen

Not surprised that Jill is making this public statement. She is so full of herself that she refuses to admit that she is a control freak that thinks she is controlling the ending to her Housewives exit. She is trying to save the face she spent so much money on. I would be more impressed if she didn't act like she didn't care because we all know this is killing her ego. Not fooling anyone Jill, just yourself. Sorry......

October 21, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  8. Lin

You sound like you may be drinking again. Tired of your mouth is what people were.

October 21, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. Judy

I agree have you seen the interview?? I've seen it posted at CELEBUR.COM the video is still up i think.

October 21, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. jean yenahc

Just a little note to Jill Zarin....Re:Kelsey Grammer as an" Indian Giver"...There really is no such thing...The Native Americans didn't Give away their land.....The Europeans took it...May want to brush up on your American History....said with Lots of Love...I know the NativeAmericans were insulted as I wa

October 20, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. the_dude

Why hate on this woman? I thought she did a great job on that mad men tv show.

October 20, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. carrieanne

I wonder if she realizes that Europe is where tv people go to die? ie- David Hasselhoff!

October 20, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Desdomna

Lmao...MILF with big cans. Enjoy the moment. She "Jill" should sew her mouth shut. She is so annoying.

October 20, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. pam

Evel we r not surprised

October 20, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Evel Knievel

"I have a couple of things I'm in the middle of" == MILF p0rn.

October 20, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |