Was the debate perfect 'SNL' fodder?
October 19th, 2011

Was the debate perfect 'SNL' fodder?

Don't you just love a good debate?

When the aspiring Republican presidential candidates went head-to-head at CNN's debate on Tuesday night, we were probably thinking just what you were thinking: How is "Saturday Night Live" going to spoof this one?

Seriously, weren't there a few moment there when you could just envision the cast of "SNL" taking the action on with their special brand of humor?

Here's hoping they bring Alec Baldwin back as Rick Perry so he can mix it up with Jason Sudeikis' Mitt Romney. No disrespect to Bill Hader, who has also tried his hand at portraying Perry, but we really want to see Baldwin yell again.

And of course, it just wouldn't be a party without Kenan Thompson's take on Herman Cain.

What moments from Tuesday night's debate would you like to see "SNL" poke the funny stick at? Sound off!

1. Whatever

SNL has sucked harder and harder every year since Sandler and the rest of that dream team left. At this point it only exists to give liberals their political viewpoints.

October 20, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mr. Ed

@ call girl its (he) name is Evel..lol

October 20, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. art vandolay

Cali girl. Just signup for the Mormon club. You too could be one of 20 wives to a man. And give away 10% of your salary each year to the cult mgt. Yous to enjoy, have fun, and let us know how it works out for ya. -Art

October 19, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Missy

That debate looked and sounded like a bunch of children fighting. For all you conservatives, this is the best you have to offer? SNL should have a field day with that last debate.

October 19, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ryan

@cali girl those guys are in Utah and to them you are a Jezebell.

October 19, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Cali Girl

I'm a cute 25 year old blonde and think Mitt Romney is soooooo HOT!!! What happened to men like him: class, poise, charm, intellect.

October 19, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Booo

Ray Ray took the words out of my mouth. SNL is SNL fodder! Bad impressions. Horrible! Andy samberg and the guests (sometimes) are the only talent there these days. I'll wait for the regular news shows to highlight SNL skits since I won't be watching.

October 19, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chimpanzee

I go to bed early too. But then I am oooooold and tard out by 10 or so. These poooop ol bones ache so bad. I think it is my rhumetism.

October 19, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. mr. poopoo pants

I don't know what "fodder" means but I imagine it has something to do with eating piles and piles of hot steamy doo doo.

October 19, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Pliny

I think Traci is perfect fodder for SNL.
    They've both been telling the same joke for years and years.

(traci is sooooo gutless, there will be no response to this insult)

October 19, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. @gunnerga

U watched it ? Watt a waste of air time

October 19, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  12. GunnerGA

If they do not make fun of Michelle Bachman's sailor suit. All she needed was a cap. What was with the epaulettes? She has been struggling to change her appearance over the past couple of debates. She got rid of the red, she start using heavy eye liner to make her eyes not look so creepy and she has pulled up her hair. And it was softening her appearance. However, the uniform she wore last night was so silly, that I was afraid that one of the men would take the bait and address her as admiral. LOL

October 19, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Keira

Well, I'm awake at 11:30PM on Saturdays and I'm not 14. While I don't watch SNL in its entiretey, I think that every single Republican debate is nothing but fodder for SNL (and it's actually funny). I can't wait to see what they do w/ this latest debate on Sat.

October 19, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dani

I'm with you Keira. SNL will have a truckload of spoofs from the GOP Clown Debates! Cant wait to see what SNL does with this latest round.

October 19, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ray ray

SNL is perfect fodder for SNL. The show is boring, predictable and lame.

October 19, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jen

They do a darned good job spoofing on the GOP! I miss Tina Fey's Palin exaggerations. Priceless.

October 19, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. christine

I try to be in bed with CNN HLN on by 9 or 9:30. Wish they would go back to showing the Nancy Grace show at 8 and 10 like they used to.

October 19, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. nate

Nobody is awake at 11:30 on saturday nights anymore. Unless you are 14 years old and think it is cool to stay up late.

October 19, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dani

Speak for yourself. I'm wide awake on Saturday nights at 11:30PM just waiting for SNL to come on so I can die laughing at them spoofing the GOP clowns.

October 19, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Nobody is asleep at at 11:30 on a Saturday night unless you are 83 years old or a total f ag.

October 20, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |