What writing stress did to Tyra Banks
October 19th, 2011

What writing stress did to Tyra Banks

Tyra Banks' recently released young adult novel “Modelland” was five years in the making, and Ty Ty says it was a stressful endeavor. So much so that it sounds like the multitasking star's hair took a hit.

“How can I say this without tearing up?” the model-turned-mogul told The Wall Street Journal. “I got a little alopecia from the stress.”

The process may have been difficult, but the 37-year-old "America's Next Top Model" host said coming up with the idea was easy. “I was riding in the back of a car on the FDR and the idea just popped in my head,” recalled Tyra, who noted, “I've always felt very connected to teens.”

"Modelland" has been shooting up the best-seller list since its release last month. The story is set in a dystopian fantasy world and follows teen outcast Tookie de la Crème.

1. EXCEL

Tyra has actually been sporting her natural hair for quite some time now. I love both her shows and her as a person but I'm not sure I'd go buy the book.

November 1, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. guest19

Apparently she's not making enough money as a celebrity and has to sell books to pay for her mortgage.

October 19, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. radioactive redhead

Umm Tony is it, ok we now know the 2nd grade education level you have is showing. Mange is spelled MANGE, mange. Chewing tobacco is only for rednecks when they cannot kill or stuff poor animals for fun. They instead can sit on their porches chewing their tobacco and dream of hunting poor defenseless creatures. Me, I hunt people, I'm a Psychological Profiler.

October 19, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tony

I'm not buying that either. She can afford all the wigs she needs and a ghost writer. She sure doesn't need the money.

October 19, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. @ mk jp

What is alpopecia. Is that like the mainge for white people? My dog got the mainge one time and we treated it with chewing tobacco.

October 19, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chimpanzee

I just eat bananners. Im a chimpanzee. They grow free here in the jungle. I wonder if Happy Cow is out in the pasture munching on green grass right now? She was a good buddy.

October 19, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mkjp

I have an extremely hard time giving a cr@p that someone who hasn't let the world see her real hair in years (except that one time) developed alopecia. Guess what? some of us are born with it and don't have millions of dollars to spend on wigs and weaves to cover the problem.

October 19, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Anomic Office Drone

I heard about her book on the radio this morning. It sounds like a Harry Potter ripoff with the twist being that it's about models.

October 19, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Amanda B.

Nate at least you had lunch i'm in my cubicle eating a bag of peanuts and I just got of the phone making arrangements with the electric company to keep my power on until Friday.Tyra girl we feel your pain,good luck at school.

October 19, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Pliny

Doodee....you have sh!t for brains.

October 19, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. londonchoirgirl

Five years isn't that long to write a book. At least, that's what I'm hoping...

October 19, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. nate

Stressful to me is paying for stuff. At lunch today we went to a vegetable restaurant. I got a piece of baked chichen, creamed corn, and a drink. It was over 11 dollars. Thats good money for just lunch. I need to start bringing a sandwich again.

October 19, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Courtny

When I was young models were mysterious and alluring now they're loud and obnoxious I miss the seventies.

October 19, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |