October 15th, 2011

Johnny Depp may have tried to kiss Larry King

Marlon Brando once went for a smooch during an interview with Larry King, and it's one that King has never forgotten.

Johnny Depp, who calls Brando a mentor, joked at the premiere of his film "The Rum Diary" that he tried to do the same when he was being interviewed by King for a CNN special.

"I tried, [King] wouldn't have it," Depp told CNN. "He was very sweet. He's someone I admired for a long time. He's a real old school proper journalist."

King and Depp talk about everything from Brando to why Depp will never get adjusted to fame to "The Rum Diary," which opens on October 28.

That's not all Depp has up his sleeve: The actor is also working on a movie about Dr. Seuss, and he expects to star in the feature.

"I was always a big fan of Dr. Seuss, and Theodor Geisel's estate and his widow have been very welcoming to us and it's looking very good," he tells CNN of the project's progression. As far as playing him, Depp says, “I think so, yeah."

King's interview with Depp airs Sunday at 8 p.m. ET.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. icon-design

Do not give to me minute?

P.S. Please review our icons for Windows and windows12icons.

September 13, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. icon-design

In my opinion, it is actual, I will take part in discussion. Together we can come to a right answer. I am assured.

P.S. Please review our icons for Windows and windows12icons.

September 12, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. LJ

The interview was great, but could have been so much better.... CNN could have done without at least hlaf of the commercials (more time was spent showing commercials than the actual interview) and what happened to the promised and teased "tour of Johnny's office"?

October 17, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chelle

I know right? We saw a Willie Wonka Chair and a picture of Jack Sparrow. I got more JD swag than that in MY office! I really wanted to see some more cool props or something!

October 17, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ps

I am a fan of Johnny Depp, i think he is one of our best Actors. He is just a regular man, trying to raise his children, and have a family life, this is just a job to him. He is very good at what he does. It just happens to pay very well.........
    I can't wait to see RUM Diary..........looks like it will be funny like, Fear and Loathing in Vegas.........

love you Johnny.......peace out.........

October 17, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. Em

Mr. Depp said he had 20 years of box office bombs and thank god he did because those 20 years made some of the best movies ever made, screw the box office info they say what money was made not what was thought of the films. Keep making the fear and loathings of your carer.

October 16, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

Mr. Depp was born in 1963 and started acting in 1984. If he had 20 years of failures that brings him to 2004. It's not a true statement. He is making it up...sounds good. Also, he is now talking like Brando. Johnny Depp was born in Kentucky!

October 17, 2011 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
  6. Please ditch...

...the Obama ads cnn. Not right wing but its aggravating to get blasted with Obama propaganda all the time.

October 16, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. fernace

Yeah, same back at ya, Chukwudi irechukwu! I feel ya, bro/sis!! (Lol)

October 16, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  8. Chukwudi irechukwu

I believe Dr hurry is tired to make the world bertta i lv that so much thinks

October 16, 2011 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. fangirl

Depp is too beautiful for King... would rather see Depp kiss one of those gorgeous K-pop stars...

October 16, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. Evel Knievel

Like kissing the Crypt Keeper.

October 15, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. madhater

Rum Diary will be the Shiz.

October 15, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mr. Ed

Sh!t i would kiss that old goat to if he gave me a lot of money for it

October 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. DAITH GUADALUPE SEGURA VAZQUEZ

SUPER SUERTE CON ESTA PELI NO LA HE VISTO PERO SUPONGO QUE ESTA CHIDISIMA !!!
    TE AMO ERES LO MAXIMO

October 15, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Lauren Lee

He's kissed everyone else why not king?

October 15, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |