Fred Durst to star in CBS sitcom
October 14th, 2011

Fred Durst to star in CBS sitcom

If you were a fan of Limp Bizkit, you’re in luck, because frontman Fred Durst is planning a comeback as a sitcom star. According to Deadline, Durst is working on a half-hour comedy project with CBS.

The king of nu-metal is set to star in and produce an upcoming series, which has a tentative title that rhymes with "mooshbag." (And no, we can't say it.)

The show follows a “rock legend” trying to balance raising a family with a high profile lifestyle.

Durst, 41, has had cameos in films like “Zoolander” and “Be Cool,” and did a guest spot on “House” in 2008. Durst actually directed many of his Limp Bizkit music videos, as well as the movies “The Education of Charlie Banks” and “The Longshots.”

(Also, remember when Fred allegedly dated Britney Spears?)

Will you watch what we're going to call "Mooshbag" or is Snoop Dogg’s similar-sounding sitcom more your speed?

1. Vincent

I agree have you seen the interview?? I've seen it posted at CELEBUR.COM the video is still up i think.

October 18, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. dania

Les Moonves just told his minions to take out the balled up pieces of paper with ridiculous ideas and just keep reading them until one of the ideas moves him. This is what resulted when he reached up to stretch. His minions thought he agreed to THIS one.

Dumbest. Idea. Ever. Cancellation. Can't. Come. Soon. Enough.

October 18, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. gregg

i got an idea 4 the show ,,,, have fred passed out all of the shows and let the supporting characters make fun of him and live off of his money

October 17, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Fred Derpst

And the ratings are going to keep Dropping! Dropping! Dropping, yeah!!! keep Dropping! Dropping! Dropping!

October 16, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. OregonTom

Fred Durst is a no talent hack.

October 16, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. SmarterthanU

Limp Bizkit had one great album. Seeing Durst with an upcoming show says that they are a 'One hit wonder'. Durst is reaching fame status no larger than Vanilla Ice, when they could have been Linkin Park. Boo! Kids these days don't even know who you are.

October 15, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. cnnb10ws

Fred Durst is a useless sack of sh1t, and a drooling retard of the lowest type.

October 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Grandpa's Sciatic Nerve

Oh great... And the day after it airs, we'll read about how his show was yanked for exposing his limp bizkit during primetime.

October 14, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. derp

Fred Durst in s show called "Dou che bag".

Art imitating life?

October 14, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rebecca M

I already can't wait for that to get cancelled. Ick.

October 14, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jables19

Fred Durst was already a caricature of himself when his band was big.I wish I could count how many times I heard people say "I like Limp Bizkit, I just hate Fred Durst." This show will be as awful as a three dolla bill, ya'll.

October 14, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. marissa tomaine

Wasnt this the little boy from Wonder Years? I herd he is a lesbean.

October 14, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. opie michelle

yeah. he is a doooooodie head.

October 14, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Lamar

I bet my black cousins are already drunk. Almost weekend time.

October 14, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lamar

I mean everyone enjoys making fun of the blacks. Im biracial and i enjoy making fun of my moms side. Its just fun. Malt Liquor and menthols and ribbs. mmmmm I do really like BBQ ribs though.

October 14, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. cal teck

yeah. this is a doooodooooo article. that smells like number 2.

October 14, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  17. huh

i can't believe someone actually read this and cared enough to make a non-ironic comment about the subject matter- looking at you office drone

October 14, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ huh

I can't believe you cared about his comment more than he probably cared about yours.

October 14, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Anomic Office Drone

I don't think this sounds good. It would be much funnier to see him play a caricature of himself like Larry David on Curb Your Enthusiasm or Neil Patrick Harris in the Harold and Kumar movies.

October 14, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • am dur wah wah

By caricature, do you mean an exaggerated character like Larry David on Curb or a completely fictional character played by an actor using his own name and likeness, like NPH in Harold and Kumar?

Premise aside, does anyone want to see Fred Durst star in anything? He's not an actor. He's not even a singer, and his Chino Moreno impersonation wore thin after 1 album.

Maybe I just woke up in 1998 this morning. Basketball's locked out, CNN is reporting on controversy involving a leader in a former Soviet republic and commercial broadcast TV still grasps at straws for show concepts.

October 14, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anomic Office Drone

I mean I would prefer either of those options to what this is. In the grand scheme of things, Fred Durst never mattered, and Limp Bizkit is all but forgotten. To see him play an iconic rock star on a sitcom would be more than a little pathetic.

October 14, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Hi Portalpunk

I missed you so much. Now claim your fame of firsty !

October 14, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  20. creedence

I hear ya dude. They are always playing that disgusting limp biskit music at mexican restaurants. Thats why I always order takeout. Nobody likes mexican music. It is like dooodoooo for your ears.

October 14, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  21. MARY

I think it said Fred plays salsa music or something. We dont need another show featuring dang mariachi salsa music. It is gross.

October 14, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  22. MARY

Is he a Mexican? Fred sounds like a mexican name to me.

October 14, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Portalpunk

Guess who's back? :-)

October 14, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  24. be quiet

tracie, you make me get hard at work on a daily basis.

October 14, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |