A 'Star Trek' reunion on 'Big Bang Theory'
October 14th, 2011

A 'Star Trek' reunion on 'Big Bang Theory'

As if it wasn't enough to see Sheldon's "mortal enemy" Wil Wheaton back on Thursday night's episode of "The Big Bang Theory" (already a cause for celebration), we also got two "Star Trek: The Next Generation" alums for the price of one.

When Sheldon and Leonard got the fateful invite to Wil's party, Sheldon refused, but Leonard was seriously considering it. This led to "Schrodinger's Friendship," based on the famous scientific experiment, of course.

Watching Sheldon simultaneously be Leonard's best friend and mortal enemy (and boy, is there a long list of those, on a five and a quarter inch floppy) was a riot.

Sheldon warned Leonard, "You're going to have to choke back a hot sob of regret and humiliation as you mumble, 'I was [Sheldon's friend], but I chose to go to a party thrown by the one kid from "Stand by Me" that no one remembers.'"

Meanwhile, there were even more troubles for Howard and Bernadette, as she at first forbade him to go up to the space station, but then relented. Like I keep saying, looks like they're headed for splitsville.

The best scene in this exemplary episode, by far, was Sheldon accompanying Leonard to the party, for the purposes of meeting Brent Spiner, Data himself! (This, despite, Sheldon pretending to have outgrown "Star Trek": "Stock characters, ludicrous plots, 'beam me up,' what a load of hooey!")

When Wil presented Sheldon with his last Wesley Crusher action figure, he responded with, "Look everyone, Wil Wheaton is my friend!"

Next thing you know, Brent Spiner heartlessly rips Wesley Crusher out of the plastic enclosure, and then, by way of apology, offers to sign a Data "doll" for Sheldon. The nerve!

Well, Mr. Spiner, welcome to Sheldon's list of mortal enemies! (Plus, Spiner negotiated the price of an autograph with Leonard and Raj to include an appearance at Leonard's birthday party. Looks like we'll be seeing him again!)

Did you enjoy this episode as well? Share your iReport or comment below.

1. Meemnnannie

order an new coach purses tote coach to your friends new coach handbags , for special offer

February 6, 2012 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jb2817

I need to see Bernadette nude she is so friggin hot

October 15, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Raj

Exemplary Mammalian protuberances that make me want to bathe them lingually indeed!

November 3, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. sharky

All we need is Leonard Nimoy to make an appearance. We've had Wil Wheaton, Spiner, Burton, Takei. We need Shatner. Nimoy and Stewart.

October 14, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marla

From what I heard on the commentary on the Lysergic Acid Diethylamide episode of the Fringe Season 3 DVD (you just make me reveal the depth of my nerd status), Leonard Nimoy will no longer do filmed appearances. He has drawn the line at voice acting only. Perhaps we can look forward to his voice on a future TBBT episode. It will have to be soon, though. He ain't gettin any younger.

October 28, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. Joytstick

That party did look like a sausage fest.

October 14, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. tasteofchicago

I loved the Howard & Bernadette story-line in this episode. I think it showed the strength of their relationship – not their likelihood of splitting up! Simon Helberg and Melissa Rauch are fantastic actors!!

October 14, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Snowball's Microphone

This is nothing. Nothing can match the epicness of having the whole TNG cast lend their voices to Family Guy. Funniest episode ever, and it makes BBT look like nothing more than a cheap copycat wannabe. I can't even see the name Will Wheaton without thinking of Stewie's pronunciation of it. Now Mr. Lorre, apologize to Mr. McFarlane right now, or you'll have to go in time out.

October 14, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. OooooooO

I'm so third I feel like a turd.

October 14, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |