Moviegoer sues: Not enough driving in 'Drive'
October 13th, 2011

Moviegoer sues: Not enough driving in 'Drive'

Lawsuit of the day: Sarah Deming of Michigan is suing FilmDistrict, the distributor of Ryan Gosling's flick “Drive,” because she wanted more driving in the film, CNN confirmed.

The suit also names Novi, Michigan’s Emagine Theaters, because Deming wants her money back. Deming hopes to get others involved in the suit so they too can recover the ticket cost. The complaint doesn't specify how much she is seeking, just that she allegedly suffered "damages including but not limited to the purchase price of the ticket."

Deming claims that the promotional material for the crime drama was misleading, suggesting the film would feature more action-y driving scenes.

“Drive,” by the way, tells the story of a Hollywood stunt driver (Gosling) who gets involved with a heist gone wrong. It does feature a good deal of action (and violence), but there are other elements to the film. For instance, a love story.

The suit alleges that the company "promoted the film ‘Drive’ as very similar to the ‘Fast and Furious,’ or similar, series of movies." But, Sarah was sad to learn, "’Drive’ bore very little similarity to a chase, or race action film… having very little driving in the motion picture."

Deming also claims the film is anti-Semitic, and that it “promoted violence against members of the Jewish faith.”

A spokesperson for FilmDistrict told CNN they don't comment on pending litigation.

Sarah Deming may not have liked “Drive,” but critics did. The movie earned a score of 93 percent fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

Check out the “Drive” trailer here.

1. outletdsdux

christian louboutin uk +5,iA canada goose jakke <lb8; canada goose jakker -Z/SF http://www.kystleirskolen.no/parajumpersjakke.asp – parajumpers oslo SZ(a. parajumpers jakke dame ,9TQ -

November 27, 2013 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. #WorldClockfxqd

A world clock, often called a "Worldtime Clock", is a clock which displays the time for various cities around the world.
    The World clock time can take various forms:
    The world clock face can incorporate multiple round analogue clocks with moving hands or multiple digital clocks with numeric readouts, with each clock being labelled with the name of a major city or time zone in the world.
    It could also be a worldclocksite of the world with embedded analog or digital time-displays.
    A moving circular map of the world, rotating inside a stationary 24 hour dial ring. Alternatively, the disc can be stationary and the ring moving.
    There are also world time watches, both wrist watches and pocket watches. Sometime manufacturers of timekeepers erroneously apply the worldtime label to instruments that merely indicate time for two or a few time zones.

April 23, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Robin

I saw this movie Friday nite and it has to be one of the worst movies of all time...bad plot, slow, and just a dead beat movie.

October 18, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. sheppard

Please tell me this is all publicity stunt – either for the movie or for this loon who is trying to a) write a book, b) wants to be an actress or c) is looking for a reality show. On second thought – scratch the "reality" part.

October 17, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Popcorn

While I initially thought this was crap, I realized it's *possible* that the lady has a legitimate case, and the trailers were false advertising. For an extreme example, if you had trailers showing a seemingly action-packed film about The Incredible Hulk, and then when patrons got to the theater they showed a still picture of a rock for two hours, that would certainly be false advertising and I'd damn well want my money back.

October 17, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  6. Rhonda

What a complete moron!!!!!!

October 16, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Drive Sucked

I have to agree if I had money I didn't know what to do with I would have fought for my ticket price back, WOW was Drive the worst movie ever!!

October 15, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Fina22

I agree have you seen the interview?? I've seen it posted at CELEBUR.COM the video is still up i think.

October 15, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. BrklynTx

I have to agree that Drive didn't live up to the trailers. I found it particularly violent. I don't think this is the best movie to use as a test for a "bait & switch"-type of movie advertising. It was a critic's choice and artistic (i.e. the 80's styling and references). However, if she succeeds with the class action, then I am all about getting my $16 back!

October 15, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  10. Martin H. Leaf

Question: What did this movie REALLY mean? Everyone that likes it, and I mean everyone, including critics, fail to say anything about why the movie is good besides subjective things like "cool", or "mood", or "great music".

So besides rehashing the plot, where is the genius or greatness behind this movie ?

October 15, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. pablo

Ah yes. America, the land of the libel. A country run by lawyers for lawyers. You know why they bury lawyers 12 feet deep. Because "deep down" lawyers are nice guys.

October 15, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. grant

...and IRON MAN was just a flesh guy in an iron suit! Not even sure it was iron.

October 15, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  13. Javkie

October 15, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jude

I'm suing the makers of "Star Trek IV", as it took place on earth and therefore there was NOT enough trekking through the stars.

Also, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows didn't contain enough Deathly Hallows. There Will Be Blood contained far too small an amount of blood. I was disappointed... Those people will be hearing from me as well.

October 14, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. oldwool

I'm filing a suit versus the producers of The Wizard of Oz. The so-called wizard was just an actor pulling a bunch of levers behind a curtain. That's bull droppings!

October 14, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  16. gary

This story adds reason to why I and many others prefer dogs to people.

October 14, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Kristin

Can I sue her for the five minutes I spent reading this article?

October 14, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. AD

What a waste of time for everyone involved, even people who wasted time reading this article & commenting on it (yes me included). Nobody made her go see this movie, so she needs to quit trying to get her 15 minutes of idiotic fame and get a life. People like this make me appreciate my own intelligence.

October 14, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  19. MD

Sarah, you are the weakest link....Good-bye!

October 14, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Johnny Drama

I'd love to meet this chick and slap her across the face with my purple mushroom helmet...

October 14, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Matt

I have contacted my attorney and filed a lawsuit against Sarah Deming for being the biggest dumb azz beyotch wasting tax payers dollars. Sarah, you idiot loser....stop now before you embarrass yourself any further.

October 14, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  22. DiatribesAndOvations.com

Have any of you even SEEN "Drive"? The trailer was clearly misleading. http://wp.me/p1se8R-1Bw She certainly won't win a "false advertising lawsuit" but she is clearly sending a message.

October 14, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  23. joe

Well she is a Fast and Furious fan, so for me that sums her 'dumbness' up.

October 14, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Executioner

This litigious woman, and any lawyer associated with her, should be summarily executed on live nationwide television.

October 14, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Angry Rodent

Seriously??? This is "important" enough to sue over and clog the Court systems even further?

Man, do we need some Judge to just throw the book at this person for filing a completely frivolous lawsuit. If this does not meet the definition of frivolous, nothing ever will.

October 14, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  26. DJCowboy

Jesus, don't ever let her see The Neverending Story!

October 14, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Slim_Sammy

Isn't there a law against frivilous lawsuits?

October 14, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Danny

I wish I could sue her for wasting the time and money of the justice system. There should be a law passed to prevent such nonsense. It's not like anyone hasn't sat through a bad movie before. Sheesh!!

October 14, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Jim

If no other law is passed this year it needs to be that these frivolous lawsuits not even be considered and people that try to start them receive mandatory therapy. Too many lawyers have been allowed to graduate, chasing ambulances and prying off of micro inequities that tying up the legal system with BS complaints and attempts to con any manufacturer or service provider out of money.

October 14, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Wyatt

shame on you Sarah Deming, so many choices for good to put ones energy toward in this world and you waste your skin in this ridiculous game

October 14, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Demara

Ha, what stupidity. Stupid in two ways – you can't judge a movie based on its trailer. Two – this case will get nowhere. It's a poor attempt at cashing in.

October 14, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  32. Brian

No judge is going to hear this case. It will be summarily dismissed as frivolous.

October 14, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  33. MiGrant

What a freakin' MORON!!!! How ridiculous can you get, lady?? I hope the judge makes her pay the other side's legal bills!!! What a complete waste of personal energy and resources...!

October 14, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  34. oceantapper

I bet millions of people in this world wish they only had their opinionated "poor movie experience" to worry about.

October 14, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  35. Bill_N

Now if we set a president and sue this movie holy cow! Hollywood would be bankrupt in a month! Now this movie had to have been one of the worst movies of the year, in fact during the movie there was at least two times when the actors just stopped and stared at each other with no words to say and it felt like they wanted to turn to the audience and ask what would you say! I kid you not it kind felt uncomfortable at times.... boring movie that could have used about another 30minutes of action to make you feel like you got at least a bucks worth..... but worth suing? Now that is funny!

For those that thought this was a great movie......are we talking about the same movie? You are asilyl amuseded if that is the case!

October 14, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  36. Crys

Descriptions and reviews of movies are widely available. The trailer didn't look like "Fast and Furious" to me. It looked like an action thriller. This is just ridiculous. It's like suing the people who made "The King and I" because it had nothing to do with Elvis.

October 14, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  37. Erick

Can FilmDistrict counter-sue for her bad taste in movies?

October 14, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  38. Greg

Can we start voting people out of our society now? She needs to have her right to sue permanently revoked.

October 14, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  39. HolyMoses

This movie was awesome. Anyone that appreciates good movies, which does not include the terrible F&F series, knows that this movie delivered. I did, however, think that this movie was going to involve more action and driving sequence. I was disappointed when I saw the trailer because Gosling does not do those actions movies. I was extrememly pleasantly surprised when I saw it. Not to metion the soundtrack was killer. Grow up Sarah. I sat through Dreamcatcher and didn't try to get my money back....... but maybe someone should be sued for that or Legally Blonde?

October 14, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  40. Jim

Man what a truly excellent movie......and what a completely useless moron.......balance? I think so :-)

I really hope they take that idiot for every penny they can in legal fees

October 14, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  41. Mr. Frivolous

Mr. Frivolous says – FAIL! This is a stupid lawsuit and should not be allowed to waste the courts time or money. I used to manage movie theatres and a woman once watched an entire movie (a comedy) and then walked out and said she wanted her money back because she didn't think it was funny. I tried to use logic to explain to her that she had "consumed" the entire movie and that I couldn't give her money back. Her husband just stood there embarassed. I ultimately gave her two movie passes to come back another time – because that was the easiest way to get her to leave. But what I really wanted to do was punch her in the face. This lady Deming should go find something better to do with her time.

October 14, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  42. Jessie1

Sadly I agree with her. This movie was advertised as being an action flick. It was far from that. It was a boring movie. If i could get my money back I would want it too. This movie was falsely advertised and the company should not have been allowed to put it out on commercials like it did. Take the crappy movie company for what they are worth!! nothing and that is what this movie was.

October 14, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike Johannes

You could have walked out and asked for your money back. You didn't need to watch the movie if you weren't enjoying it. You don't "deserve" your money back just because you didn't like it.

October 14, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  43. Kirsten

How do these cases ever see court? What a waste of time and resources. This woman should be ashamed of herself. Can you imagine if people sued every time they didn't enjoy something...

Maybe I should sue the author the next time I don't like a book. How about the producers of Glee if the next episode doesn't meet my expectations? A local restaurant for putting onions on my food (not a fan of onions)? Really lady – get a life.

October 14, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  44. Mbane

I want to sue this girl for making me waste my time reading about her lawsuit but there wasn't enough lawsuiting going on with her lawsuit.

October 14, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  45. The Judge

OK... I'm suing the studios for the movie Naked Lunch.
    There was no 'Naked' AND I didn't see any 'Lunch'.

October 14, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  46. judas

"The Passion of the Christ" was not shown in spoken English – I'm gonna sue!!

October 14, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  47. humtake

And...another way for us to waste our taxpayer money by allowing frivolous lawsuits into the court system.

October 14, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  48. Troy

Anti-Semetic? How does she think suing for the price of a movie ticket helps the stereotype of her Jewish peers? I would guarantee she has brought on way more negative thought about the Jewish community by doing this than the movie ever would have. Not very bright Sarah...

October 14, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  49. Josef Bleaux

I'm going to sue the guy that wrote this article for wasting my time.

October 14, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  50. pressbox01

You want action, try watching the ORIGINAL movie that this crap was based on “The Driver” staring Ryan O’Neal (1978) same plot but with much more DRIVING and NO CGI…huh…imagine that NO CGI. On a side note: Writers/Producers; STOP remaking movies of older classics when you can’t match the good-o’l fashion action with real stunts! Try being original and come up with an original story line for once. This also applies to the music industry!

October 14, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  51. Bill

Here's what needs to happen:
    1. judge throws out lawsuit, without prejudice
    2. judge then assigns plaintiff (stupid person who brought this lawsuit to court) to pay legal fees of the defendant. This ought to be a pretty healthy figure. Judge should also admonish plaintiff about clogging up the legal system with frivolous lawsuits.
    3. after a minute for idiot plaintiff to absorb in her mind how much money she owes, judge should then give plaintiff the option to do a large amount of community service, in lieu of paying for defendant's legal fees. Hopefully, idiot plaintiff will learn a valuable lesson from all of this!!

October 14, 2011 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Judge Roy Bean

You forgot #4. The information about exactly what happened in the case should be made public so that everyone knows what happened to this tool. Stop with the Lawsuits!! Nobody "owes" you anything.

October 14, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  52. Paul

A fool and his (her) money are soon parted.

October 14, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  53. QM

Are you kidding me? We need to have a harsher penalty in this country for rank stupidity and wasting tax payer money on stupidity. This case takes up court time!

October 14, 2011 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  54. Louis

As long as lawsuits like this are allowed then there is nothing wrong with the economy.

October 14, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  55. Movie Happy

I saw Drive at the theatre, nothing like what I expected. Instead I got a great story, and some incredible acting.
    After this, I think Ryan Gosling is my favorite new actor, and I will see everything he does. I predict he gets an Oscar within the next 10 years.

October 14, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  56. Iago

I want to sue her for assaulting my intelligence.

October 14, 2011 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  57. M. Molner

The women is likely just a front person for the ATTORNEY. His name is Martin H. Leaf. Follow this link for a movie review of Drive and look at the FIRST comment and the name of the person. Coincidence? He is just using her as the front person for his class action suit he wants to file.

M. Molner

October 14, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  58. Rat Cunny

The movie just sucked badly. Very badly. There was so little driving in it I had to skip through most of the other crap.
    Ryan Gosling is a d00shbag supreme!

October 14, 2011 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  59. James Owen

Where's the Jews? Kinda like where's the beef, cept not

October 14, 2011 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  60. minivanhalen

Wait 'til she find out "Indiana Jones" is not a black dude from Muncie.

October 14, 2011 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |
  61. Michael

Sounds she wants attention but really needs to get a life!!!!

October 14, 2011 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  62. MrZohan

What if it is thrown out and then there a film made of it called "Sue?" But, there was no actual suit... Would the cycle continue? HEADLINE: "Filmakers sued over film about lawsuit – without a lawsuit." HEADLINE: "Filmakers sued over film named 'Sue' without a character named Sue."

October 14, 2011 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  63. Mike R

This must be a publicity stunt to get people to watch and compare it to Fast Five. Reverse product advertising....

October 14, 2011 at 3:31 am | Report abuse |
  64. rick_marsh

The woman should be arrested and sued for filing a frivolous lawsuit

October 14, 2011 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  65. Jane22

October 14, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  66. Lucas

wow, people really don't know what a good movie is now-a-days. Drive is one of the best films of the year.

October 14, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer

No, you're just a stupid, liberal stooge. That movie was awful.

October 14, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  67. Eddie

This is the lousiest movie I have ever seen in recent times. Very little action (cant compare with fast and furious), wooden performance by Ryan Gosling (wonder how he got top billing over Clooney in their new movie). lousy story, lousy ending. After the movie, everyone was muttering curses for having wasted their money. Don't don't, go .this movie, its a waste of your money. I wouldn't go so far as to sue but I'm glad somebody did just to warn others by its publicity to stay away from this dull, dull, dull movie!

October 14, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  68. george

So remind me why our country is going down the drain? Because of stupid stuff like this being allowed to happen and because CNN uses it as a story, thats why. she will most likely try and sue many of you here for defamation of character. I should sue the military for allowing me to serve 10 years to protect the rights of people like this.

October 14, 2011 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  69. Nate dog

drive was a stupid movie...the green screen sucked and when he did gun the gas in the begining of the movie neither of the guages or the car moved...it was all sound...i was very disappointed n the movie...how can i join in on this lawsuit?

October 14, 2011 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  70. Mike R

Here's a movie for you: Suck It Up and Shut Up!!!

October 14, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  71. B1812

Dumb broad could have downloaded it and saw it wasn't like FAST FIVE LOL!! This is not Wal-mart! All ticket sales are final !!!

October 14, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  72. Jonboy

I'd be a billionaire if I knew you could sue for be shown a bad movie.

October 14, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  73. bp

I work at a movie theater and this is exactly the kind of customer we hate!!! They watch the whole movie and then want their money back. That's like eating the whole pie and wanting it for free. Movie theater patrons are very demanding and whiney!!! Complain and get free movie passes and popcorn or better yet sue the damn movie industry!!! Anderson Cooper please post this article on the Ridiculist!!!!!!

October 14, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  74. peacemonger

the wizard of oz wasn't about the wizard, it was about dorothy and therefore I want my money back

October 14, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  75. evanwinke

I agree with many of the previous posts. This is so stupid! What lawyer would take on this case? She picked a movie to see that she didn't like and didn't meet her expectations. This is not something to sue over! Hopefully she won't win because if she does it will more than likely negatively affect the movie industry and will probably end up costing moviegoers even more to see a movie in the future. The one positive thing for the movie industry is the free publicity for the movie. I now have to go see the movie!

October 14, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  76. jeremy

Is this lady mentally challenged?

October 14, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  77. Bruce

It's almost the holiday shopping season. Someone should get her an IQ.

October 14, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  78. Joel

An even better question is: Who is the lawyer who took up the case?

October 14, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  79. Winston Smith

This makes sense. I saw The Naked Lunch back in 1991 and sued them, successfully. Totally false advertising, it was just a LIE really.

October 14, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  80. JUT

Oh man, if I only had a court-awarded nickel for every disappointing movie I've seen ...

October 14, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  81. angryirish

I must say I am torn.

Part of me feels this is a silly and frivolous lawsuit.
    However the other side of me is screaming....HELL YEAH!!! Finally someone is sticking to Hollywood and the crappy movies they're churning out right now.

October 14, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • johnmichaelmaximilian

You might want to hold back the enthusiasm a bit. "Drive" is an independent film by a Danish director. The biggest complaints about it are that it's not Hollywood enough (it's quiet, slow-moving, not much action, etc.) One couldn't choose a worse target for going after big Hollywood.

October 14, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  82. gracen

How bad could the movie be to sue, now me and my friends have to go see it this weekend to find out. Maybe that's what the studio that hired her wanted people think anyway to drive movie sales. Either that or she wants her own fifteen minutes of fame.

October 14, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  83. RachelM

And Sarah Deming's 15 minutes of fame begins.....NOW.

October 14, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  84. MS

"I sued Taco Bell 'Cause I ate half a million Chalupas And I got fat!"

– Weird Al

October 14, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  85. Mike Smoth

I totally agree with the complain. I dragged a couple of friends to this movie promising them an action film. It is quite the opposite. It is good movie. It just wasn't what it was advertised as.

October 14, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  86. "Steve"

I want to jump on this bandwagon. There certainly wasn't much driving at all in the movie but I still liked the movie as a whole. This person is a laggard to be suing b/c they went to a movie that they could have easily researched. I want to get some money for seeing a good movie that didn't have a lot of driving.

October 13, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  87. TimC

Why not just see the manager during or after the show and ask for your money back? Stupid publicity stunt.
    That woman should be made to pay all court costs and the cost of the defendents' legal fees when her idiotic lawsuit is dismissed.

October 13, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  88. oh please

this woman is a loser and doesnt have enough winner inside her

October 13, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Seth Hill of Topanga, California

The movie set up the hero as a master driver who could do stunts like flipping cars. "If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there" – Chekhov. He should have rescued the damsel in distress with an incredible driving stunt. But instead he just ... well, whatever ... Just one movie fan's opinion.

October 13, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  90. sharmi

Only in America!! I hate hate HATE people like her!

October 13, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Michael

This has about as much a chance of success as the time I sued "The Neverending Story" for false advertising.

October 13, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Why Use Facts

I'm suing CNN for the time I wasted reading this article!

October 13, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  93. fearlessdude

Come on guys. This lawsuit is financed by the flick's producers / owners to make you interested. Maybe you will fall and go see the movie. All movies scripts are the product of lame writers and producers and played by brainless actors and actresses. Maybe you should see some old Ronald Reagan movies.

October 13, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Ray

Really?! Suing because there wasn't more driving? Is there actually an attorney dumb enough to take this case? Someone has WAY too much time on their hands.

October 13, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  95. mikey

The lawyer that filed this suit should be disbarred and the person fined for wasting the court's time and money.

October 13, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Red Pison

Sarah Deming you are the worst that America has to offer. A mouthbreathing idiot looking for a quick payday, I hope you tied your tubes, people like you do not need to reproduce.

October 13, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Ironhead

You Americans desperately need 'loser pays' in your legal system. It will save you billions from morons like this. My deepest apologies to all morons for associating your type with her.

October 13, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Chris Giarratano

Thankfully, she didn't see I Wake Up Screaming. No one in that movie wakes up screaming. How about Strip Nude For Your Killer? Once again, no one actually strips nude for a killer. Come to think of it, JAWS, you don't really see as much Jaws until the end. Perhaps we all can do a class action for that fraud!

October 13, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Pickle

Just how bad does a movie have to suck when a movie goer sues the theater and the film maker?

October 13, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Ryan

This is as bad as the lady that spilled her McDonalds coffee and sued. And there is also the women in Texas that is suing an airline because they flew in to a storm and had a lot of turbulance and now claims she has PTSD and lost her job because she can no longer fly for her job.

October 13, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  101. emanuel

thats what wrong with our law system. you have freaks like her tying up the system

October 13, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  102. andy

This story has inspired me to sue the movie studio that created "funny people". The movie had tons of people, but they were not funny. The commercials led me to beIieve that it was going to be this hilarious comedy movie, I thought it was going to be a comedy happy Gilmore style since Adam Sandler is in it, but noooo!

October 13, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Derrrrr

Unstoppable – Lies Lies Lies – they stopped it

October 13, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Argle Bargle

Someone should sue Miss Sarah "Crotch Rot" Deming of Michigan for pretending to be human.

October 13, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  105. I watched...

...Freddy Got Fingered. Tom Green owes me millions, and a medal or something.

October 13, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  106. nykspree8

they need to make a movie about this lawsuit imo.

October 13, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Simon

My biggest concern here is that this woman may be allowed to procreate and bring more people like her in to this world. A frightening prospect

October 13, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  108. redSun

it's called "Drive"... not "Driving". "Drive" can mean 1- to drive a car, or (here's something interesting), 2- 'an internal motivation, pushing someone to a goal'. My god... this lady is nuts. So is anyone else who complains about this movie not having enough "driving"

October 13, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Steven Smith

If the courts give her the $10 for her ticket they should also forcefully sterlize any chance of her making kids as dumb as her.

October 13, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  110. goodforher

good for her. i'm thinking of suing the studio behind Fast and Furious. i didn't feel it was fast enough nor furious enough

October 13, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  111. King David

I saw the movie and appreciated it for the references to the '70's film noir style. It reminded me of a drive-in slasher movie from the bright pink lettering of the opening to the near anonymity of the protagonist. People to often expect to much from Hollywood. As for the lawsuit, may I have an "oy vey"!? The jewish mobster represented the typical whiner – makes it to the top and still finds room to complain. As typified by the complaintant in the lawsuit.

October 13, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Shelly

And yet she decides to act like the stereotype.

October 13, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Hallux

No judge in his right mind could allow this... can you imagine the fallout that would result if it went to trial and this fool WON?!? Every person who'd ever been disappointed by a movie would be filing class-action lawsuits to get their money back... as well as damages for precious and irreplaceable time... actually, now that I think about it, maybe this isn't such a bad idea... I WANT MY TIME AND MONEY BACK for all of the crap I've ever wasted time on... and You Tube... oh my god You Tube... you OWE US ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

October 13, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Too good to be true

I totally understand how she feels. When I saw "Lord of the Rings," I really thought there should be more rings involved in the movie. I was this close to suing....

October 13, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Shawn

Because we need more movies like "Fast and Furious"? Go back to your coloring books little miss!

October 13, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  116. mejazzbo

Now that's ENTERTAINMENT!!! As many movies that were dogs over my lifetime a big payday must be coming my way. Sorry, I don't mean to insult anyone's dog. Who's a good boy... yes, you're a good boy...

October 13, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Huh?

And Twilight wasn't really about Sunset. I want my money back!

October 13, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Dan

What an idiot? Sarah wonder why americans are tired with unreasonable people. There is manipulative class(media), weirdos, and plain stupids like you.

October 13, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Mork

People who clog the legal system with self absorbed attention grabbing complaints should all be shot in the head for wasting our collective tax dollar. I truly wish this woman much ill will. May her kind be eradicated from this good American earth.

October 13, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Koosh

He's in a car driving for like half the movie...albeit most of that driving is just cruising around the city but to say there is no driving is stupid. If she clarified fast action driving then she might have a case. But that's like saying

October 13, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Aezel

Yeah, she should do the gene pool a favor and not reproduce. She's a poster child for everything that can be wrong with the human race.

October 13, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Carmen

I was also an unfortunate victim of this movie today. I hope she gets her money back.

October 13, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  123. JoeT

I'm still waiting for my settlement over "The Neverending Story" movie, which was only a couple hours long.

October 13, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  124. clj

Someone needs to "drive" her off a cliff!

October 13, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  125. tonyS

Her lawyer needs to be disbarred and she needs to pay ALL of the defendants' legal bills -including DAMAGES.

October 13, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Big Joe

This kind of stuff is happening since that stupid women bought a hot cup of coffee from McDonalds at the drive thru then drove away and spilled on herself getting burned. I cannot believe that she got money. Now this Dummy is trying to sue over a movie what STUPIDITY. Then I am going to sue all the food manufactures, because I gained weight and got diabetes. Any lawyer want to take that case up?

October 13, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Stop using the example of the woman burned by coffee. That woman received third-degree burns and nearly died. McDonalds handed her a food item that could not safely be consumed.

October 14, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  127. skatshizzle

I am going to sue the studio that did THE NEVERENDING STORY for not making good on what I was promised.

October 13, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Skatshizzle

This movie was really, really good. It was slow — not boring — but slow. Probably the best movie I have seen this year. It wouldn't surprise me if this woman was a tank-ass just wanting some drivel to excuse herself to eat as much as she could shove in her maw in the dark.

October 13, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  129. LeatherMistress

So can we sue the people behind Naked Lunch? There was no lunch or anythign naked......

October 13, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  130. LawyersSuck

This is such a frivolous lawsuit. Why do judges in this nation even let lawsuits like this go forward? It's such obvious bs. Maybe she should have spoken to someone who actually saw the movie before she went to see it or read a review.

October 13, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Leafonthewind

Since when did any movie ever guarantee that viewers would like it? This woman is an idiot. She's already wasted the $10 ticket price (or whatever they charge at her local multiplex), and now she wants to waste more of her time and money? What does she hope to gain? I think there must be more to this story.

October 13, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  132. QS

Petty, trivial, childish, irresponsible....oh the words I would really like to use!

October 13, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Mikael

I would like to sue the people involved with the TV show "Lost". They kept promising lots of story that never got delivered...

October 13, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  134. bdodge

Someone needed to sue over Sylvester Stallone's 2001 "Driven"

October 13, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Nunya

Drive is an excellent movie. Can we sue this dumb girl for being stupid? The case would have more merit that hers.

Did see sue the makers of Gladiator, who advertised the movie as lots of gladiator fights but instead it was Phoenix pining over wanting to do it with his sister the entire film. I walked out, but did not want my money back for sobbing out loud.

October 13, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  136. J. Butler, Esq.

One conclusion: a very bad job market for attorneys.

October 13, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  137. carrieanne

Ok. So she is going to spend 45,000.00+ to get back 10.00 she spent on a movie ticket. Makes sense to me! Like feeding a diabetic a chocolate wedding cake does!

October 13, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Jules

When will people learn – ANYONE CAN FILE A LAWSUIT FOR ANYTHING, BUT IT WILL PROBABLY GET THROWN OUT BY A JUDGE! This is not what you think.

You could file suit against your neighbor for farting. You file the paperwork, anyone can. Then you show up and the court says "this is stupid" and throws it out. Happens thousands of times a day. This is another throw out case.

October 13, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  139. glaciercitycm

Hahaha! Is this an April Fool's joke in October???

October 13, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Arnold from Boston

This better not be the new trend. Remember the woman who won a lawsuit against McDonald's for burning her self with her own coffee because McDonalds didn't warn her that hot coffee was hot. If she wins then what do films need to do, release a warning with every trailer: "Warning this trailer may not representative of the entire film", and a warning with every ad: "Warning this movie may not be what you think it is". PLEASE!!

October 13, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phil

Driving Miss Daisy had very little to do with actually carting her around town.

War Of The Worlds didn't involve a direct conflict with another planet, just that ours was under attack.

Mission Impossible was quite possible and they succeeded because the script said so. False advertising on the "impossible" part. Booo...

Too bad we can't blacklist people in real life and not actually have to encounter them at some point.

October 13, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • SLKS

The elderly woman that sued McDonalds for the coffee had third degree burns covering the insides of her thighs, requiring skin grafts. This was hardly a frivilous lawsuit, and all she asked for was compensation of medical costs, but she was awarded extra money by a jury, because of the gross negligence of McDonalds.

October 14, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Phil

This will be on failblog before sundown.

October 13, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Spencer6k

Um. What the eff? This sue happy world needs a reality check. Sounds like this girl needs to get a job

October 13, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Thesun

Seriously, the time and money she spends driving around the car and sue people would before wasteful than a movie ticket. Her motive is clearly about money which she will not even get a single penny or getting people pay attention to her. I want to know how she even comes up with that idea.

October 13, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Chris

WOW while this movie did suck and had very little driving in it this is just crazy to think she took time out of her day to sue these people overr her 8 to 10 movie ticket crazy

October 13, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Joe

Jews...

October 13, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  146. TheXDude

I think I'm going to sue Sarah Deming because this article didn't have enough "SUE" in it. I thought the article was going to be about someone named "Sue". OMG HOW MISLEADING!!! I'm totally put out and will never get back the time I spent reading this article AND reading the accompanying posts. I'm thinking $850,000 ought to cover it.

October 13, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Driver

Sarah Deming, how about this: You shut your mouth, or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you.

October 13, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Aeolius

You know, there were no mermaids in the movie "Mermaids", either... I'm going to sue!!

October 13, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  149. OscarAA

Haha, I should sue for "the land before time"...you know, because there wasnt any land before time... Because time started first, you know?? Totally misleading, and junk.....uhm, nvm....

October 13, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Dawn

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard... And I've heard a lot of really dumb things over the years! As for the lawyer that took this case – don't even get me started on that!

October 13, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Mr Jay_2012

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. THE COURTS AND JUDGES CAN BE DOING SOMETHING ELSE LIKE TRYING REAL CRIMINALS AND SHOULD START WITH HER AND HER LAWYER.

October 13, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Kaleb J

So does that mean that I can get my money back from all of those crappy Twilight movies because there was not any real vampires in them?

October 13, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  153. justin

I watched the movie "Blow" and saw absolutely no BJs. I should sue too!

October 13, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Ness1

I too, was disappointed that the movie "bulletproof" had nothing to do with bulletproof vests. Why didn't I sue that movie company?

October 13, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  155. UFC iTard

Clearly this lady didn't see the trailers for and the movie Super 8. That's the one I'd be suing for misleading trailers... There I was expecting some sort of Cloverfield/Alien movie and I got E.T. on steroids.

October 13, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  156. benton

I am going to start a lawsuit to sue the film 'Terminator' because he didn't terminate enough people in the movie. Who's with me?

October 13, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Tha Chikin

I can die now... because I have legitimately HEARD IT ALL!!

October 13, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  158. sehrish

wow!! Sooo what damages is she talking? what a dummy..i hope the judge laughs at her and throws her out...surprised she didnt sue harry potter..." um, i suffered damages because I thought i can use a broom to fly, and it wasnt real"...desperation!!

October 13, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  159. J

Loved the movie. One of the best I have seen in years. Go see it.

October 13, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • DRIVE...off a cliff

To everyone that saw it and liked it...what were you people smoking? Let me get some of that. If it made you think DRIVE was any good, maybe it can make Snakes on a plane look like an Oscar worthy film.

October 14, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  160. Kate

She's suing for damages? What happened? Did Ryan take off his shirt and she fell out of her seat?

October 13, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Lionel Hutz ESQ.

This is the most blatant case of false advertising since my suit against the film The Never Ending Story.

October 13, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Tim

Anyone that files stupid lawsuits like these, and also patent trolls, should be shipped off to the middle of Siberia so they can stop wasting the air I am trying to breathe in America

October 13, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Sumerau

Just my luck, of all the planets in the universe I'm born on the one the short bus stops at.........

October 13, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Jen

Wow. This woman is lame. At first I didn't even think it was a real article, some kind of prank. Sheesh. Some people need to get a life. It is stunts like these that just shows other countries how stupid us American's can be sometimes. She is giving us a bad name.

October 13, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Lanfear

One word for this Sarah chick: LOSER!
    ...now don't go suing me because you didn't officially LOSE something.

October 13, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  166. USN, SS RET

They should disbar her lawyer

October 13, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  167. DT

Fantastic! This will give the movie a lot of hype! BTW in case someone needs an English lesson – "drive" can mean something else besides sitting behind the wheel of a car. Ryan's character certainly has a lot of drive that has nothing to do with being on the road.

October 13, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Emma92

October 13, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  169. me

Sheesh, Life starring Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence was totally misleading but I didn't sue anybody. Nearly every one I know saw Transformers and raved but should I sue them for being stupid? No.

October 13, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  170. GosslingFan

OOOOOK... seriously?? Why is she even wasting her time with this... i saw the movie. Loved it. She needs to get a life and move on to something more important like....anything but this!!! GOODness gracious!

October 13, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • cee

for real. does this mean I can sue Stephenie Meyer for the hours i spent reading "Twilight" and it's sequels? because I'd love to have that time back – or at least some compensation for it.

October 13, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • tom kevin

I agree; Twilight – NOT ENOUGH SUNRISES

October 13, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • RyanGoslingIsHott

Ok so, I have yet to see it and Iwatched the trailer and I don't care if it sucks or not, he looks amazing! Anyway, I just had to agree with you guys about the Twilight thing. And yea there totally needed to be more sunrises LOL.

October 13, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • RyanGoslingIsHott

not to mention, does she not realize how much money she will end up losing when she could have just the money for the ticket??

October 13, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • DRIVE...off a cliff

Did everyone here actually SEE this horrible POS they tried to call a movie. First of all, the director wasn't into cars anyways so he purposely didn't do many driving scenes. Ryan Gosling ruined his good name and made himself look like a weirdo with all the awkward staring scenes. The violence was out of sync with the plot of the movie, and Albert brooks had more lines in one scene than the main character had in the whole movie. Snake on a plane was a better movie than this. My 3 yr old could make a better movie than this. I told everyone I know how horrible this movie was and that they shouldn't waste their hard earned money to watch this. Even if I downloaded this movie and had watched it for free, I'd feel the same way this lady feels, someone should pay for false advertisement.

October 14, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Selin

To "Drive...off a cliff..." why don't you go back to watching your hilarious stupid and over-rated Transformer movies...Drive was an awesome crime drama. Sorry it didn't have your random, useless explosions to keep your ADHD brain occupied. Ryan Gosling has pretty good range for an actor...and I would rather see his stare than your dumbfounded confused look over a movie that went way over your head.

October 14, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  171. gah

there have been movies and books that i've wasted hours of my life that i'll never get back- suing the authors or movie companies won't get me back that time
    now she's wasting even more of her time and money trying to sue them – what an idiot

October 13, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill Kilpatrick

A movie ticket is not a contract; it's admission. It amazes me that anybody ever gets their money back for anything other than technical glitches that ruined the theatrical presentation.

October 14, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Ted

I swear, you Americans would sue a chicken sandwich, if you thought you could win....

October 14, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  172. maddest1

Are people getting dumber or just more desperate...this is the most ridiculous thing I have heard of....

October 13, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill Kilpatrick

American jurisprudence needs to adopt a stance closer to that of the UK, where people who lose their lawsuits are forced to pay up. While we don't want to go that far, it's high time the idiots who push these vanity suits were not just laughed out of court, but made to pay when they abuse the system. If your suit goes down because of an easily-drafted motion to dismiss, you deserve a directed verdict and a hefty judgment.

October 14, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  173. Lol'd at...

...the anti-semitic angle. Sarah is trolling hard.

October 13, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meheecan

I do agree with her about the "driving" portion of the movie. But that is not enough for a lawsuit. This at most should be a small claims case with the local theatre.

As for the Anti-Semite part. Ron Perlman is Jewish. He read the script with the portion about him self deprecation about what the mob calls his character. So where is the anti-semitism?

October 13, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • And this...

...is a Ron Perelman flick too!?!

Ron, Ron never changes. He reads the intro to every Fallout game, like a boss. I hear his soothing voice and I'm ready to hit the wasteland Mel Gibson style. Ron let's me know it's harsh out there and you have to be ready to kill a man for his hat then eat his dog. Ron is the man.

Maybe Mel Gibson is where the anti-semitism is coming from.

October 13, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • PopsIsTops

"Ron, Ron never changes."

I cannot stop laughing at that.

October 13, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • sam

but does ron, ron never change, d-does ron, ron?

October 14, 2011 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill Kilpatrick

Drive is hardly antisemitic. The film is set in Hollywood. The main character is a stunt driver. The only reference to Jews, of any kind, is a pair of movie producers who are Jewish. That these two have big egos – and idolize the mob – is less a slur to Jews than to movie producers. The allegation of antisemitism ignores the pain one of these characters vocalizes in recalling the painful memory of a particularly hateful slur that had been used against him. To call this "antisemitism" is to do an injustice to its real victims, who continue to suffer around the world.

October 14, 2011 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  174. WTHJustHappened

This is flippin' retarded. Seriously? I didnt even see the movie yet, and I did not assume it was about just racing, or like Fast and the Furious. Dumb girl is dumb.

October 13, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anomic Office Drone

I'm in the same boat. I saw the same commercials she did, and I am in no way expecting a Fast & Furious clone or racing movie. I hope she goes BK over this.

October 14, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Gary

I hope the movie company decides to go along with this litigation, and they bleed her dumb @ss dry with legal fees lol

October 13, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fabian

May she be absorbed in legal cost forever more amen.

October 13, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • shannon

...Just have to say that the movie did suck...right up there with Matt Damon & Casey Afflek's movie Gerry. Could have been a good movie, interesting premise and idea...but horribly executed. Oh Well! Who sues over a waste of time?!

October 13, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nevander

Small claims stuff. No one is getting bleed for legal fees. Moreover a lawyer can't represent private litigants in small claims.

October 14, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I still waiting on someone to sue the sun for either heat waves or sunburns. People will sue over anything these days.

October 14, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill Kilpatrick

Drive is everything the Fast and Furious films aren't: real drama that resonates emotionally. Drive is clearly one of the best movies of the year. This lady is an idiot who thinks she's "damaged" when she doesn't find herself entertained. If she's "damaged," it's not the result of this film. Maybe it's a pre-existing condition.

October 14, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Floris

I hope she wins. Maybe then movie companies will stop being so misleading in their trailers. I'd also like to see a restaurant lawsuit because the food served looks absolutely nothing like what was advertised in commercials. And have you ever seen what they picture on fast food order menus? Nothing they serve looks like that. I'd love to have more accountability in business. A few lawsuits might just do that. At least it might draw attention to the problem and spur legislation.

October 14, 2011 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
    • JOhn Gambina

IT was just a name the movie was great. I will be watching Ryan Gosling' in ides of March was great it was good to see Albert Brooks YOu people need to not be so uptight .

Bumble

October 14, 2011 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Luigi

@Nevander, a lawyer can represent private litigants? The lawyer might personally be the defendant. Also, if corporation can't use a lawyer then how does a corporation defend itself?

As long as we are on law (not that I'm a lawyer) but it sounds like she's suing the "truck drivers" instead of the "publisher." That, by itself, seems like quite a stretch.

October 14, 2011 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
    • clx

Our society has some serious problems. Luckily at least the lawyers can at least have some fun with this.

October 14, 2011 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Richard

Ridiculous! And of course let's raise the anti-semetic card to get more people against the film. This is absurd, and goes a long way to explain the stupidity in the USA and how Americans can literally sue for anything. I wonder if I can sue this dumb bint for misusing anti-semetic, and get her to pay the emotional damages her claim has caused me. What an absolute joke.

October 14, 2011 at 6:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Al

This is just freakin sad. Another reason why so many people in the 3rd world scraping to literally stay alive can't stand us...

October 14, 2011 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
    • durundal

I get it! Broke @ss loser with no talents, seeks income buffering by frivolous lawsuit.

October 14, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Guessed

Don'e even get me started on "NeverEnding Story." I saw the film. It ended. Where's my check?

October 14, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Jackie

@Luigi: I think Nevander meant that this will be tried in small claims court (which may or may not be true as the article didn't say how much she is suing for) and in most jurisdictions neither party can have a lawyer in small claims court so she will not be bled dry in legal fees. The fact that this nonsense can make it into any court is totally ridiculous!

October 14, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • h

b**** is giving us michiganders a bad name...

oy vey!

October 14, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ken

The US is now a litigious society. We expect every infraction, slight or small wrong to be righted. Hey! I think I'll sue somebody because this post wasn't posted fast enough! :-)

October 14, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • spiek78

Horribly executed? I thought it was artistically executed. I lliked the movie! Stuck in my head far after leaving the theater... that means something! Not the same ol' same ol' crap.

October 14, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott_N_Fla

She should take the money she's paying her lawyer and purchase one of those Detroit inner-city crack houses (going price is approximately $1000.00 – no joke) because she's obviously on the drug to even think about filing this lawsuit. Get a life, sweetheart – use the money to help that starving child with no shoes walking down your street.

October 15, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |