'Jersey Shore's' Vinny joins Chaz Bono for anti-bullying PSA
October 13th, 2011

'Jersey Shore's' Vinny joins Chaz Bono for anti-bullying PSA

"Dancing With the Stars" competitor Chaz Bono and "Jersey Shore's" Vinny Guadagnino are using their star power for a good cause.

Both appear in the anti-bullying campaign Amplify Your Voice, which launched yesterday.

GLAAD partnered with the American Federation of Teachers to produce the message, designed to fight anti-LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) bullying and encourage acceptance.

"Millions of gay and transgender youth are made to feel like they don't fit in everyday," says a suit-clad Vinny in the video. (Maybe he's wearing The Situation’s formal wear line.) Chaz chimes in, “You have the power to make a difference.”

Other celebs involved with the campaign include Amy Poehler, Shay Mitchell of “Pretty Little Liars,” “Glee” star Naya Rivera, Kristin Chenoweth, Rashida Jones, Tori Spelling and “Modern Family” actress Ariel Winter.

Amplify Your Voice should help students gear up for the second annual Spirit Day, which is October 20. An anti-bullying effort, Spirit Day encourages people to wear purple as a gesture of support for LGBT youth.

1. rock in prevention

It is the best time to make some plans for the long run and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to counsel you few fascinating issues or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles relating to this article. I want to read even more issues approximately it!

July 3, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. Rande

How can Vinny from the "jersey shore" be a spokesperson for an anti-bullying campaign? On that "show" he makes fun of women all the time for their appearance, weight, and calls them "grenades" because you have to sometimes sacrifice your time with them so your bro can hook up. He is a horrible person and should not be what teens and young adults try and emulate.

February 21, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Captain Vinny

Whosoever of ye raises me a white-headed whale with a wrinkled brow and a crooked jaw; whosoever of ye raises me that white-headed whale, with three holes punctured in his starboard fluke- look you, whosoever of ye raises me that same white whale, he shall have this gold ounce, my boys

THAR SHE BLOWS!!

October 14, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  4. Dr Funkenstein

Once all the glamor and attentions fades from the life of Chaz she will realize what a mistake she made, what a fool she has made of herself and then probably put a gun into her mouth and pull the trigger.

October 14, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. Uncle Fetus

NEWSFLASH!!

For all you idiots out there. Chaz is a woman.

October 14, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  6. CHAZley Davidson

Thats right its CHAZ and Im gonna go from being the bullee to the buller. OH YEA OH YEA OH YEA>>>when I come roaring into your town on my Hog, me and my gang are gonna get wasted, not pay the bar tab, then over to your house where a good ole fashioned buttKicking will ensue.

Yepp, CHAZ said it so you can believe it.

October 14, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. Judy

My child was bullied to the point of torture at school. The "no tolerance" policy was not enforced and the way it is worded it protects the bully kids. Schools and parents have to get serious about this problem and ensure the bully kids face consequences for their behavior.

October 14, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
    • x rated

Why dont YOU get serious and teach your kid to defend himself and not be such a PU$$Y like his mommy and daddy.

October 14, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  8. Evel Knievel

I wonder which one has the biggest wiener.

Those two look like they were separated at birth.

October 13, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jlf

you got it backwards....Chaz delivered the millions of gays and transgender line, and Vinny delivered the you can make a difference line. i hope more and more celebs appear in these messages and help rid our country of bullying !!!!

October 13, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Adara

Look at all the perfect ppl attacking me..lmao. i'm not here to make friends so... your hateful comments don't do sh!t to me..lmao. Hey, at least i tell it like it is, unlike some of you fake b!t(hes..

October 13, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. sam

We shouldnt waste those good freaks. They could be ground up into dog food or maybe used to feed poor hungry alligators.

October 13, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. EMILY

Intollerance really should not be tollerated. Many many people are intollerant of trolls and racist and nazis. That is descrimination.

October 13, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. @@Adara...

...almost got me. ;3

October 13, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. @Adara

Adara you sound like an intollerant fat lesbian nazi pig. The rudeness and intollerance you show disgust me. You dirty coldhearted nazi lesbian.

October 13, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Willie The Pimp

Chaz be a fine woman and I would love to have her in my stable of foxy ole hos.

October 14, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  15. If you're an adult...

...and you can be successfully cyberbullied, leave the internet before you hurt yourself playing with it.

October 13, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  16. @Adara

Adara you fat disgusting stupid pig. How could you be more dumb and ignorant. I bet you are either a nazi or gay.

October 13, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Chaz Norris

Adara needs a roundhouse kick to the face! CHAZ GON GIVE IT TO YA!!!

October 13, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. @jj

So true. Adara obviously has some issues, as most bullies do have and don't admit.

October 13, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jj

Cyberbullying in the comments of a bullying article. Original.

October 13, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  20. cosmotologist to the stars

I really dont see haw anyone could possibly be attracted to snooki. That is just disgusting.

October 13, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  21. cosmotologist to the stars

Surely he isnt sleeping with snooki. That is just way gross. He is yucky but she is just horrible. She looks like a walking STD. It makes my stomach hurt just considering it.

October 13, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Adara

I can see why these two freak shows would want to do this. Maybe if "IT" stayed in the body "IT" was born in, "IT" won't be bullied. If Vinny wasn't making a fool of himself on tv and wh0*ing around sleeping with Snooki and everyone else, he won't be bullied as well.

October 13, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Virginia

How come Chaz Bono is a freak show? You're close minded. Vinny does what he does on the Jersey Shore because people watch it. For someone who has a lot of hate to say about Vinny you know enough to have watched the show. Jealousy is ugly and my guess is so are you. Freak show.

October 13, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anomic Office Drone

Adara, do the world a favor and euthanize yourself.

October 14, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |