Is it time for 'Family Guy' to end?
October 13th, 2011

Is it time for 'Family Guy' to end?

It doesn't sound like creator, writer and voice actor Seth MacFarlane would mind if "Family Guy," now in its 10th season, made an exit from primetime programming.

In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, MacFarlane admits that he thinks his animated show could've wrapped up a few seasons back.

"Part of me thinks 'Family Guy' should have already ended," he says. "I think seven seasons is about the right lifespan for a TV series. I talk to fans, and in a way I'm kind of secretly hoping for them to say 'we're done with it.'"

And while there are those who'll say the program's "over the hill," MacFarlane continues, "still the vast majority go pale in the face when I mention the possibility [of it ending]."

But instead of letting "Family Guy" continue on, like another show we could mention, MacFarlane says he could see ending it on TV and putting the Griffin family on the big screen. "Creatively, that would be the way to do it for me. Do a really fantastic final episode while the show is still strong."

MacFarlane is working on a script for a film version of "Family Guy," but between his "Flintstones" reboot and a few other projects he has in the wings, we may have to wait awhile to watch it.

What do you think - is it about time for "Family Guy" to head off primetime?

Filed under: television

1. Jesus Christ

The show shall not end! If it will, I'm going to rape Seth MacFarlane every moment of his unlucky life!

Family Guy isn't only funny, it's intuitive, it makes you to realize the true 'values' of the society. Racist jokes are only there to be funny and to make you remember the old times. (Don't tell me that there are black people that never laughed at a racist joke.)
    I really hope it doesn't end. But of course, Seth gets to deicde. Wouldn't it be better if he would sell the whole copyright rights to someone else who can continue it?

~JESUS!

January 7, 2013 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. sal gets the 100 bucks

nobody goes to utah's on mondays...

December 3, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. FamilyGuyStuffs

If this show ends so will my life.

December 3, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. gw

Why is all I ask? It's not that I don't get it or I don't find enjoy dark or un-pc humor funny. It's just a bad show, and it's not funny or intelligent. Kill it now.

July 10, 2012 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  5. crack

I am extremely inspired along with your writing abilities and also with the structure on your blog. Is that this a paid subject matter or did you modify it yourself? Anyway stay up the nice quality writing, it's uncommon to peer a nice blog like this one these days..

May 17, 2012 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. Leni

Can't stand the low brow garbage that passes for humor on TV these days. I wish we'd get another Seinfeld or Fraiser, shows that were funny, intelligent and witty. Today's "comedies" remind me of juveniles laughing at a fart....

December 5, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Madelyn

It's not only bad-taste humor, it's really not even funny....it's just plain STUPID. MacFarlane is getting rich from this juvenile exploitive junk....not worth it!

November 11, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jtizzle

If Family Guy ends, the dog gets it!! You don't want that your conscience now do you!

November 9, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ALLAN

yes cancel it today, how dumb do they think the people in the US are???

November 9, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. cc3855

No. It is currently STILL about the only thing on tv show still worth watching. If it stops then all we will be left with will be the likes of "Real Housewives", "Bridezillas" or "Gordon Ramsey!!!" It is already difficult enough to find programming that makes you laugh.

November 9, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Aw C'mon

It is ONLY an animated show. Get over the moral implications. It is hillarious and has the guts to say what probably most of us already think.

November 9, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  12. Lisa Ali

I want a big screen movie and I want the show to continue. I love the boundaries it pushes.

November 9, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  13. Evilwillhunting

Family Guy hasn't just jumped the shark, it jumped the friggin MEGALODON.

Sunday's episode shows how desperately out of ideas this series is.

November 8, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. CPW

I do like his idea of one last grand movie before ending the series. And maybe starting all over again =]

November 8, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Patrick Doyle

I love Family Guy and American Dad, I love all the characters, this program is a cult classis from day one.....

November 8, 2011 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
  16. peppermintpatty

liberal, conservative, meh. The real issue is whether McFarlane can attract new fans or is he getting stale and tied pretty inextricably to a failed ideology? Pretty soon, the public's going to experience Left Fatigue, what with Occupy Main Street giving us an up-close view of what hard-core Democratic Partyactivists look (and smell) like. The Tea Party is even now looking forward to a joyous holiday season of compare and contrast between their really benign and violence-free do's and what spoiled kids, astroturfers from the ACORN Veterans Society and the chronically homeless there for three hots and a cot do to their public spaces after a month.

November 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  17. peppermintpatty

Seth was a lot funnier before he decided he had to shape our political consciousness. Just sayin'

November 7, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. loupgarous

I remember Family Guy being authentically funny for about its first five seasons. I don't mind Seth getting a zinger or two in at the right, there are plenty of legitimate targets. The left has plenty of legitimate targets, too. Bill Clinton isn't the only moron in the Democratic Party by a long shot, nor is he the only crook. He, like Jesus Christ, just has to pay for the sins of the rest of Leftism on Family Guy. Where are the digs at Obama's giving eight safety awards to BP before they proved how safe their offshore drilling operations by covering the Gulf of Mexico in oil and killing a rig crew off? Where's Seth incisive wit over Jeffrey Immelt (CEO of the Job Outsourcer and Corporate Welfare Client of the Decade, GE) being made "Jobs Czar"? I'd have had a LOT of fun with THAT. No, Seth MacFarlane's not biased. Not at all. And Van Jones running Occupy Wall Street has not a thing to do with the Obama Administration.

November 7, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. loupgarous

For all the Fox-bashers out there, Fox Entertainment IS not only equal-opportunity, it's been Matt Groening and Seth MacFarlane's money from home, regardless of their political slant (and Seth MacFarlane has publicly admitted his motives for "American Dad" were political rage against the right). Fox News provides ONE right-wing voice in the mainstream television press versus all the other television news outlets, which are managed by people like Laurence O'Donnell (who once called Zell Miller a "liar" on McLaughlin Group for daring to say what many other members of the Democratic Party think) and Mark Halperin (the guy who tipped the Clintons off to the Genifer Flowers scandal so they could do damage control). Democratic Party malfeasance has to get to the magnitude of half a billion dollars in stimulus money thrown away on a moribund solar power company before Big Media wakes up and tells us about it. Fox News is certainly biased to the right, but everyone else definitely leans to the left, hard.

November 7, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. loupgarous

For all the Fox-bashers out there, Fox Entertainment IS not only equal-opportunity, it's been Matt Groening and Seth MacFarlane's money from home, regardless of their political slant (and Seth MacFarlane has publicly admitted his motives for "American Dad" were political rage against the right). Fox News provides ONE voice in the mainstream press versus all the other television news outlets, which are managed by people like Laurence O'Donnell (who once called Zell Miller a "liar" on McLaughlin Group for daring to say what many other members of the Democratic Party think) and Mark Halperin (the guy who tipped the Clintons off to the Genifer Flowers scandal so they could do damage control). Democratic Party malfeasance has to get to the magnitude of half a billion dollars in stimulus money thrown away on a moribund solar power company before Big Media wakes up and tells us about it. Fox News is certainly biased to the right, but everyone else definitely leans to the left, hard.

November 7, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  21. loupgarous

If comments aren't pre-screened before they post, why are some of my comments (almost always the ones severely critical of the Left) blocked and some not?

November 7, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  22. loupgarous

Well, one more year of the president McFarlane helped get elected with his activist humor, and it won't be up to him. People are probably already voting with their remotes out of disgust. I haven't watched the show in about a year, because I don't like being preached to by a butthead (and I'm not talking about Peter Griffin).

November 7, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Don

If you don't like Family Guy, change the channel.

Meanwhile, as long as Seth et al can still produce the more of the funny stuff he has been, keep it coming! Has he considered a movie?

If he gives up the TV show, he's just going to create room on the schedule for more dreck like How to Be a Gentleman, Charlie's Angels or other pathetic timefilers.

FG is an equal opportunity non-partisan offender. Look at this past week's syndicated re-runs which had Bill Clinton pretending to be Bill Clinton at a hgh school Halloween makeout party before you whine about FG being liberal preaching.

November 5, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. George

I don't think that Family Guy is done yet. I believe that if you can still make your audience laugh consistently then you should continue the series. However if youdon't enjoy making the show anymore then you should either pass the reigns or take a break.

November 5, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  25. Damon

This show sucks and always has. The best Family Guy can't even compare to the worst Simpsons episode. I remember years ago when Fox first canceled Family Guy and Futurama. Then the morons in charge decided that between the two shows they would bring Family Guy back. I still can't begin to fathom why.

November 3, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  26. Rob

If you end Family Guy I will slay a thousand puppies every 4 days the show is not returned to air. That is all.

November 2, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Bob

Family Guy is one of the greatest comedies EVER aired on mainstream TV! No one is forcing anybody to watch it, so how can anybody have a "beef" about it? If you don't like it, change the channel to something baltently racist, which nobody seems to ever care about, like Black Entertainment TV... HYPOCRITES!!!

November 2, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  28. amanda

That is NOT FUNNY!! Please please don't end this show. It is soooo hilariously wrong, I love it!!!

November 2, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  29. Rita

Is it just me, or is this photo of Seth MacFarlane creepy looking? Something about the eyes just looks evil to me! Kind of leads me to believe he is a mean-spirited, insensitive person if I add together all the other things I have observed about him.....

November 1, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. P. Griffin

Hey remember that time brian borrowed money from stewey and didn't pay him back... god that was awesome. or that time lois was exposed for being a former adult movie star....gooosh...or how about when Quagmire schtooped Clevelands old lady... If you take away family guy... you will take away ... my laughs. Stop Seth... think about it first. Yeah the Simpsons should have dies 10 seasons ago...but family guy...ARE YOU NUTS!

October 31, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  31. End it...on primetime

Yes, I think they should end it on primetime tv. And switch it to new episodes on Adult Swim or Comedy Central, so the content can be better. Being on primetime tv is like having a muzzle.

October 31, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  32. Oscanana

JUST WATCHED the Oct 30th episode about wife abuse and that's it for me. It sucked and I won't be watching any more. This was not comedic in any way. Unpleasant and painful and disappointing was all I felt. Extremism has brought this Country to its knees in many ways and this is just another example of going over the top to skew the message and obscure whatever point was attempted to be made. He's done it before but I am through with it now for good. It provided a lot of yuks over the years but must have ultimately warped his brain into thinking he's Carlin or Pryor and fox is HBO. Sad and sick. Adios.

October 30, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  33. mskimberlyclark

All you conservatives who are offended, relax. This show isn't satire, he pretends it is. That way he can spew all his hate against minority groups, be embraced by hollywood, and still spew his right with agenda. I wonder if THIS post will get displayed.

October 30, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Alex

There's a very similar vibe between Family Guy and the movie Airplane! For that, I think it's quite a revolutionary show. That said, most revolutions can only last so long. I can see the idea of ending the series while it's still one of the most popular shows on television.

I will admit that there are some episodes that wear thin, and the whole "Bird is the Word" just grates me terribly. But for the most part, I have enjoyed the show, and if they ended it, I know I could still see it forever on Cartoon Network.

October 28, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • peppermintpatty

Watching recent episodes of Family Guy just made me sad for what the show was before Seth MacFarlane discovered the joys of preaching to his audience. So I stopped watching a while back. I'm sure he can attract a big enough slice of America to stay in business indefinitely, but it'd be like watching "Archie Bunker's Place" after growing up watching "All in the Family" – too disappointing for tears.

November 7, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  35. k

one of the manatees must be sick or in danger of dying

October 28, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Eric

It was funny from 1999-2002 before it got canceled the first time. It has sucked since about season 5.

October 28, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Adam

I'm 33 years old. A liberal, and really enjoy the show, it's spin offs, and especially it's humour. I no longer own TV service but I watch on hulu and Family Guy, Cleveland Show, American Dad, and South Park are pretty much the only things I watch besides King of The Hill, Beavis and Butthead, and Law And Order! I hope Family Guy doesn't go away!

October 28, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  38. jm

YES, PLEASE MAKE IT END!!! IT IS THE WORST OF AMERICAN CULTURE AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE EVEN BEEN ON THE AIR!!!!!! Is this the best American animation can produce????!!! Thank God, the sooner it's demise the better.

October 28, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  39. captnavenger

I won't lie and say I don't like toilet humor. I love it. I won't lie and say that I don't like absurdist humor. I love it. I won't lie and say that I haven't laughed my butt of at Family Guy. I have.

That said, it's a guilty pleasure. Guilty because my sense is that anything profound it ever had to say was an accident, and for the most part, I think it fails at its central purpose. That purpose is to push the envelope and shock. It does that, but it's extremely transparent in its attempts to do it. Basically, it's show all about, "hey, look what we can get away with! Think we can get away with even more?!"

It doesn't get away with it, because we can see how hard they strain to make it that way. There's nothing artful or redeeming about it. There's nothing elegant or sophisticated. It slaps you with its crudeness for crudeness' sake. Better artists, which includes just about anyone who isn't McFarlane, can give you toilet and push your boundaries (and buttons) with sophistication and elegance. Family Guy lacks all of that.

And did I mention that the premise is nothing more than a constant recycling of the Homer Simpson absurdist flashback trope? Family Guy was never even original. It was one funny idea from the Simpsons taken to a violent, ugly end. Good riddance when it goes.

October 27, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ndbear

Ten years is a long time. I can understand if the creator is tired.
    The show is very funny. I'd miss it.

October 27, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Marcus

I think it should go on as long as the Simpsons. It's still relevent, especially with it pulling from current events

October 27, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Well dont you know....

That the bird is the word...ba ba ba bird bird bird

October 27, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  43. Glen Quagmire

Giggity giggity!!

October 27, 2011 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  44. Family Dad

No one in my family ever got into this show – sorry Seth I mean no disrespect.

October 24, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  45. ndginla

It's proabably time. Maybe have an episode where Stewie jumps a shark.

October 24, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  46. Re Run addict

Love the show its all I watch on TV – I'm conservative to boot! Wouldn't mind if it went away, Seth's genious is sure to create more great stuff!!

October 21, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Mark Silvers

I've never understood how Fox (bastion of the GOP/Conservative movement) could have two of the most liberal and funny shows on TV (Simpsons and Family Guy). I stopped watching Family Guy about 2 years ago as it's past it's prime. It just got old.......

October 21, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  48. nick Lassa

All episodes pre Fox were brilliant

October 21, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Josh

I am a fan of "Family Guy".

However, when I watch the re-runs, it certainly seems to be their best shows happened years ago. While today's episodes aren't bad, they aren't up to the same standard. I mean, it seems that the new episodes are desperately searching for something that is both good and new, and aren't really finding it.

October 20, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  50. JeramieH

I never found it particularly crude, vulgar, offensive, or funny. Moreso uninspired and yawn-inducing. I suppose it's funny if you're 15 years old.

October 18, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Stormer

Oh, yeah! The show is long overdue for being put out to pasture. It stopped being funny about 4 years ago.

October 18, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Sarge

As long as there is even a thread of pop culture left for the producers with zero originality to rip on, Family Guy will stay on the air. Satire has been part of entertainment for years, but this show is so cliche, I'm not sure how it has survived as long as it has. Give me any one horrible episode of "Fred And Barney Meet The Shmoo" back to back over one fresh episode of this shlock.

October 18, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Derrick

I think that the idea is rather shallow and pedantic!

October 17, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Rich

This show is rude and offensive because it's not funny, not because it crosses any sort of comedy moral lines. The jokes are all very straightforward and are aimed at brain-dead people who don't have to think for their humor. Seth Macfarlane has never done anything funny and the Flintstones movie is going to suck.

I see very little difference between this show and 2.5 Men, except that it's aimed at a slightly different sort of moron.

October 17, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  55. jayman419

Hasn't Family Guy ended a couple of times already?

October 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Vip

NO!!! If 'The Simpsons' can still be alive and well, then 'Family Guy' can be too!!

October 17, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Vinny

Oh NO! Let's not even talk about ending this show!!

October 17, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Aaron

If Family Guy goes away Im done with TV... This is show is an amazing satire on the "American Condition", Im Sorry but Peter is the optiumy of the american christian male, and Louis is what every man wants in a wife. One of the only funny shows on tv. What would they replace it with? The Rush Limbaugh live half hour!!!!

October 17, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Leigh

I like the show, always have, but sadly it will now take a backseat to The Walking Dead, which will come on at the same time. Love you Seth and Griffin Family, but Zombies win.

October 17, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  60. Lindsey

I LOVE Family Guy! Please don't let it end. Its complete irreverence for damn near everything is what makes it so great. AND funny! PETER GRIFFIN FOR PRESIDENT!!! Brian Griffin for Vice President!

October 17, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  61. hana

Family guy kicks your ass.

October 17, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  62. Sam

Joss Whedon just ended Buffy – regardless of what fans wanted. Don't have this show end up like The Simpsons – I love Family Guy but all good things come to an end – so just end it. It's OK. Fans will eventually understand...

October 16, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  63. simplyme

The show is really funny and I've loved every season. Yes, like most comedies, it pokes fun at all our differences.
    If you are one the the people who are complaining about the racial jokes. Get over it! No matter what race a comedian is, they have a good laugh about everybody. Have you ever watched george lopez? I'll take you waaaay back to In Living Color....How about Dave Chappelle...I mean the list goes on an on. It's all in fun. If you take it so seriously, change the channel! You have a remote don't you"?

October 16, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  64. Dopi

Yes, I think McFarlane is right, I haven't watched an episode in over a year. Around season 5 is when I really started getting tired of it. I loved it when FG first came out, but it's the same schtick in every episode. Seven seasons would have been perfect, and I'll still watch any movies that come out. Oh, and the Star Wars parody eps are perfect!

October 15, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Raoul

I stopped watching the show two years ago when I realized that it wasn't quite as funny as it used to be. I hate to say it but I think it may have "Jumped the shark".

October 15, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  66. fan

i really like family guy but the newer episodes are a little scewed from what the show was originally about, which was quick in your face comedy, and the total randomness of it all. i never knew what was going to be referenced in each episode whether i had seen it 100 times or not because all the jokes were completely unrelated to the story. now the jokes are more story driven and they do a lot less random cut-aways and things that made the show famous. i love the show but just like Jordan had to call it quits, maybe family guy should too. the reruns are better than the new ones anyway

October 15, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  67. M.O.B

Why are the Simpsons still on?

October 14, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  68. backgroundc52`

Long live Family Guy. One day it must end...maybe a season or 2 more. Great show...will be sad to see it go but I do not want it to end up like the Simpsons just a very thin sheel of it's former self.

October 14, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Ola

Does it really matter what I think?

October 14, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  70. end of peter griffin

Yes – please end it now! Watched it once – can't stand it, don't watch it now. The whole "Creatively, that would be the way to do it for me. Do a really fantastic final episode while the show is still strong." is just another way of saying " iI want to squeeze out a couple million more from the big screen before I head out. Pity.... a real waste of big screen.

October 14, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Random Internet Person #1324135

Family Guy shoulda ended where it originally did; when it got cancelled. Since it's come back it's been the same tired cliches and unfunny, vulgar routines. That and the characters actually LOST significant amounts of development. The only good moment in the show since it returned was Quagmire's rant against Brian. If every episode had that level of writing and win, then.. that'd be another story.

October 14, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Bryant @ SJC

Anyone that take Family Guy seriously has issues. it is meant to be crass and edgy which makes it great. Especially for those of use that grew up in the 80s!!!! Hope FG stays on the air for years to come.

October 14, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  73. adam

I think that show should go away. That guy is fairly creative and I think if his energy were spent elsewhere people would still be entertained and he may find that he's good at something he isn't doing now.

October 14, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Lissett

HELL NO!!!!!!!!! LOVE THAT SHOW....

October 14, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Korgri

Can we go back in time and prevent it and his other shows from ever having aired at all?

October 14, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Levi

I love this show but I haven't watched the last couple of seasons. Mainly because Netflix fails... Keep it coming Seth! Don't get lazy I will watch them eventually.

October 14, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  77. RSM

I watched a few episodes of Family Guy that I thought were amusing (the Star Wars ones were great) but overall I never really cared for the show becauase I thought that it was stupid (yes, I know that its MEANT to be stupid but even stupidity has a limit). Then again, I never really watch television anyway as I don't think there is too much worth watching and there are quite a few show that I think should have been cancelled (cough Simpsons) a long time ago. In case your wondering how I saw the Star Wars episodes when I really don't watch television, I was over at a friend's house when they were on.

October 14, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  78. David

Funniest show ever! I watch it every night before I go to bed. Stewie, Brian and Peter are hilarious.

October 14, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  79. ♥Brian♥

Nooooo I ♥ Family Guy!!! But I think a movie would be awesome!! As long as they keep the re-runs on TV I don't care... I'm intersted to see what else he is working on!!! Seth MacFarlane is the sh!t!!!

October 14, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Danny

I think he can make it a show that only has specials. I like the show, but it has been on too long. The Simpsons needs to go though. 23 years?! Enough already! Oh, and @ Observer, buddy, it's just a TV show. No need to get all politico on it.

October 14, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Glenn

There's something more cheerful about a comedy when its animated in bright colors. I'll always prefer cartoons to live action comedy, and this one is still the funniest on TV.

October 14, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Katie

sooo tommarow im going to the haunted corn maze hhhahahahah its gonna be fun im going with hannah kenzie devon kaleb bre aj zach anthony and who ever else shows up hahhha its gonna be funn so im trying to type a long thing to bug some people hah i love getting on this blog i get oon it everyday in my fith hour class and its funnnnn like a duck hhahaha my friend darren made a funny rap hahah its bad lol i love it hes weird... i was on facebook today and yesterday byeeeeeee

October 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • It'sCalledGrammarCheck

Ladies and Gentlemen, our future at it's finest.

Seems you're starving for attention, beit good bad or indifferent. Don't worry Katie – one day you'll come out into the real world and no one will pay any attention to you at all. :)

October 14, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • mdubbs

ItsCalledGrammarCheck, you just got trolled, hard... Moron...

October 14, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Katie

ahhahahhahah i think family guy should never end because its an inopropriote show made for bad children like myself to watch and i like stewie hahahahah hes a footballl baby hahaha and a male hoocker

October 14, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Katie

hmmm 2 reasons to make fun of him.. today he was getting ready for skool and his eltfit is wrong bc hes a michigan fan and hes werin state.. state rules hahh and he wasnt able to lick sticy notes hahahahahahah i jst made fun of my teacher lol im in 5th hour happy timeeeee ahahhaha

October 14, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Love Family Guy humor

Family Guy is awesome, and there's nothing else like it. Stick with it Seth, please don't leave us. I agree that it will reach a point where it has run its course and must end, but we're not there yet. Not even close.

October 14, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  86. MacFarlaneFan

I think Family Guy is funny, I love the satire, I will watch episodes as long as they keep coming. People who don't like it don't have to watch. Go watch someting about a Kardashian.

October 14, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  87. This Guy

American Dad > Family Guy

October 14, 2011 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Robizzy

Hmmm... the only reason I like American Dad is because of Roger.. well that's not true I love American Dad regardless... Family Guy is still better though!! And it's a b!tch to get the theme song of American Dad out of your head!!!

October 14, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Samieal

It's Seth's choice whether or not he wants to keep the show going. It's better to go out in a bang then dwindle away like The Simpson's. Embrace his choice, and accept that Family Guy had a good run. Simply put Seth McFarlane is over the show, over the drawing. True fan's of Seth will follow his shows not matter what they are.

I think American Dad, The Cleveland Show are still going along.

October 14, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  89. Malcolm

I love Seth MacFarlane and will follow anything he does. He's incredibly smart and if he thinks it should end, it might be a good idea. His creativity an expression could be used on other projects. That said, I still love FAMILY GUY forever. It makes he howl with laughter.

October 13, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  90. GraniteSentry

One episode was too many. If you can figure out why this show was ever popular, you'll have put your finger on exactly what is wrong with America. I think the monster who writes it knows that better than any of us.

October 13, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • GrammaSentme

OK, so you don't like it, check. Now ask yourself why you feel compelled to ruin it for those of us who do. Being a hater is not cool bro. Like what you like and let me like what I like. Lighten up

October 14, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • mdubbs

Then don't watch it, idiot. One of the few things you can actually control is this world is the remote control for your TV, yet somehow that task is too daunting for you apparently. Stay away from Family Guy if you don't like it. Such an idiot...

October 14, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  91. jordan

if family guy ends, ill end my life

October 13, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Richard Smoker

It maybe time for FG to end. Seth should concentrate more on American Dad. Such as he did with FG.. he should make a Star Wars prequel featuring Stan Smith's family, or possibly a Star Trek parody.. Oh yeah! Do that Seth!!

October 13, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Frank Mondana

Since he uses about 3 jokes in every show and stretches them out like a hyper 5 year-old getting his first laugh, it is time to end.
    The kicker is that those 3 jokes are funny as hell until we see the 25th Osama Bin-Laden "outtake". By then. I'm yelling at the screen to move on to the next one.

October 13, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  94. clownballs

family guy is still ok if you take away the god awful show tunes and songs that inevitably end up in every episode. also, anything else seth mcfarlane does (american dad, cleveland show) is garbage and he is terrible in person. have you seen him on the comedy central roasts? brutal...

October 13, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Lee

South Park was right about Family Guy.

October 13, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  96. colin

While it might NOT be time for Family Guy to End... it IS TIME for Seth MacFarlane to get out of the spotlight!! JEESH!! This guy is a glory hog! We all loved this show when we didn't have to listen to him constantly tell us how great HE is!!!

October 13, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Molly

I LOVE Family Guy! It's hilarious! If people don't like it, why don't they just change the channel? I hate X Factor, so I don't watch it. Seth McFarlane is GORGEUS! Sadly, I don't live in USA, I'm a widowed Mom of four in UK. Rather than stop it altogether, why not just have fewer series spread over more time?

October 13, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Henry

If you dont like it then dont watch it but 30+ million other people do like it so stop trying to get it off the air because its not gonna make a difference to you if it is or not

October 13, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  99. jon

family is the best show in the world, dont end it it should live forever id be happy if they did another 10 seasons, end simpsons insted , now theres a show that should of ended a long time ago

October 13, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  100. louisa davis

I don't think any of the comments on here matter, because the main audience in my opinion of family guy are adolecents. I'm 16 and I love family guy pretty much everyone I know love it, even my 28 year olkd sister and her friends. Most of the people commenting on this site don't get teenagers humour and seth macfarland is actually hilarious and family guy is the best show I've ever ever watched! I've seen all the shows over and over again as I watch it evry night and they never get boring, accept the star wars ones they bore me.

October 13, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • bill

wrong! You were 6 in season 1. I'm 41 have been watching all 10 seasons and love the show.

October 13, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • pvt

I agree. Most people that I know that watch FG are 20s and up.

October 14, 2011 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
    • animationrules

Actually, I'm 47 and love FG as well as the Simpsons, and to a lesser extent, The Cleveland Show and American Dad. Animation can always get away with topics that incense the general population that "real" entertainment cannot. If you want to know what's on the cutting edge, politically speaking, look to animation.

October 17, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Gemma

OMG i absolutely love family guy i don't think they should end it even if its already had 10 seasons that just makes it even more classic!

October 13, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Annon

Family Guy is a great show, I know all shows have to end, but I am sure that there are more scenarios that need to be made in the hilarious way that Family Guy has been made to do.

October 13, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Joe

No way! I love family guy! its so funny! sould carry on for sure

October 13, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  104. AL

Past time for FG to go down. When it's funny, it's really funny (Brian and Stewie), when it's not, it's deadly (most every thing else in the show). Sadly, it's not funny enough to warrant a weekly show. Lowest common denominator humor. But get rid of American Dad first. It's made from material not even funny enough for FG.

October 13, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bhibsen

Quagmire is pretty damn funny. Especially when he is just in the background or only heard and not actually acknowleged or referenced.

November 9, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  105. john

Get rid of the clevland show instead. That show blows and is not funny at all.

October 13, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  106. T

Yeah, it's time.

It's been on long enough....geez, 10 years...of a dumb dad and a hot mom who actually is stupid enough to marry this idiot, a brain dead son who's intelligence is far lower than Jake from Two and a Half Men, a daughter who likely to end up in a rubber room from the treatment of her own family and needs to be saved by child services, a super-intelligent baby and a talking dog who could do well on their own.
    To note: The Simpsons is better, American Dad wasn't very good and The Cleveland Show was just plain horrible.

October 13, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  107. typhon

Me and mr ed fap r heads off when we watch Stewie is such a turn on

October 13, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  108. James Lloyd

Maybe he'll now focus on American Dad! a bit more. That show deserves more praise.

October 13, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan K

Yeah if Family Guy does go off the air, I hope he will continue with American Dad. That show is really underrated. At first I was not a fan but, only because I didn't give it a fair chance. Once I sat down at actually watched a few episodes I was hooked.

October 14, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Riiiiight

So, you'd haters would rather watch a sitcom with the same premise as all the others, where **every** line gets a laugh track? Yah, THAT sounds intelligent. If you would shut up and actually watch an episode of Family Guy, you'd realize that there are tons of hidden jokes as well as great movie references. And the whole making fun of people? The only people I know who are offended by the jokes are the ones who don't take jokes well. All my gay friends LOVE the jokes from Family Guy, it's all the bleeding hearts who can't see past their noses who seem to be the most offended. But you're right....go watch your Raymond's and your Cosby's and call those same stories funny. Pathetic. Oh, and if you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT. It's a rather simple solution.

October 13, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justin

You should have done a cut away story...Not to mention the fact that all his music is recorded by live bands and he writes the songs.

October 13, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex Monk

You are aware that Seth MacFarlane, had made a show called "The Winner". Which embodies everything you hate about sitcoms.

Cancelled within the month. Honestly the only good show he has left is American Dad!

Besides if the man who created the show wants his won show to end. Who are you to tell him otherwise?

October 13, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • i agree

you are a god

November 1, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bhibsen

While I think the show has run its course, it still makes me laugh. I do imagine that, if I were not a Jew, I would be going to hell for laughing at some of the jokes though. That being said, don't be hatin on Raymond. The main charactors (Raymond and Debra) were kind of flat and annoying, but all the other charactors were fantastic! Marie Barone reminds me of my G-dson's mother to a tee!

November 9, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  110. Justin

NOOOO DONT TAKE MY FAMILY GUY AWAY!!!! Seth, these people dont know cutting and edgy comedy, you have never backed away from a hot topic (Terry schiavo Musical) that could have gone worse, but dear god did I laugh (It has gravy for her mashed potato brains LMFAO). You make fun of Politicians, political scenarios, and wars (Baby Not on Board episode). I have watched and continue to watch and await every episode with Stewie, Brian, Chris, Meg, Peter, Lois, Carter, Babs, Quagmire, Joe, Bonnie, Shamus and whomever else makes it into that episode.

October 13, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • jhfoke

man, i wish he could hear you, but the chances in THAT is one in a zillion

November 1, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Millwall

I wish they would take all american shows off of UK Tv,its all crap and boring and the comedys allthough not funny in the slightest all have canned laughter..

October 13, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Done&Done

I hate to say it, but your version of The Office is probably the most drab, unfunny show I have ever watched. I'll take my good ol' American shows anyway over yours.

October 14, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • mdubbs

I agree, the UK version of The Office is absolutely atrocious. I tried to watch it but just couldn't barrel my way through it. Maybe it's a culture thing, but I couldn't stand it. This new season of The Office in the US isn't as bad as I thought it would be so far, even with Steve Carell gone.

October 14, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Just keep in mind that there are more American shows on British TV than there are British shows on American TV. Let's face it...aside from Monty Python, Benny Hill, Prime Suspect, and Top Gear you limeys haven't given us a whole lot of quality telelvision.

October 17, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • NrrdGrrl

Sam, you failed to mention Doctor Who. And that, sir, is a massively epic failure when listing quality british TV. Or Quality TV in general, as a matter of fact.

Just sayin...

October 27, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Flora

I have watched and enjoyed Family Guy for quite some time, but ever since the eigth season it's been getting worse. It must be said, the last two episodes (those of season 10) were actually surprisingly good. Meg standing up to her family, a jab at True Blood – nice. However, as has been said before, the show lacks originality and has been plagiarizing other shows (*cough*SOUTHPARK*cough*SIMPSONS*cough*) for years. Family Guy lacks wit and thus I would be glad to see it off the air. Same treatment for those other unfunny MacFarlane products (blatantly racist and absolutely unhilarious "Cleveland Show" and downright idiotic "American Dad") please.

Oh and on top of that all, MacFarlane is a complete, insulting idiot. He has been making cruel fun of the LGBT community for years. It's not something we should tolerate as being a comical matter. He actually deeply insulted the transgender community with his "Quagmire's Dad" episode, and the gays cannot possibly be happy about their portrayals in several of FG's episodes.

October 13, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cris

I love the way people like this choose to be outraged on my behalf! Get a life! I know guys like Bruce.. and the camp comments from Stewie while maybe outrageous for a child are so true of some gay guys... and I'm an expert honey... I slept with enough of them! Take a tip... dont get your blood pressure up on our behalf.. we have a loud enough voice ourselves if something is really offensive... FG's "gay" humour is right on the mark, and is an important and funny part of the show.

October 13, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • pvt

McFarlane picks on just about EVERY stereotype. Time to grow a sense of humor it seems.

October 14, 2011 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan K

He makes fun of everyone equally. If u dont like the episodes where he makes fun of gays don't watch them. There are episodes I don't like I turn the TV off and go walk my dog.

October 14, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Non offensive castrated PC fringe slave

I'm a Family guy fan and a supporter of the LGBLT community!

Lesbians, Gays, Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato? Delicious!

October 20, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnny

I find that funny because Seth is an active supporter of gay rights...

October 22, 2011 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
    • ????????

hey............. shut up

November 1, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  113. will

i agree with seth. i love family guy but i think the show has been goin on long enough. i would hate to see it go even though it should end

October 13, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Jim

This show has been plagiarising other, funnier shows for years. It should have ended years ago. Cutting away to Conway Twitty or the full music video of a Mick Jagger/Bowie song shows just how little original thought McFarlane has. Watch the South Park episode 'something walmart this way comes' and the very similar family guy episode about walmart, and you'll see what I mean.

October 13, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • will

dude who cares. its called recycling used jokes to make them new and fresh

October 13, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • pvt

No idea is ever fully original

October 14, 2011 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
    • alter_ego

"Cutting away to Conway Twitty or the full music video of a Mick Jagger/Bowie song shows just how little original thought McFarlane has"

Seriously?! This is part of his genius comedy. Apparently you don't get it. The cutaway to Conway Twitter never fails to produce a giggle. Every. Single. Time.

October 14, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  115. RollingEyes

I love Family Guy! It is my guilty pleasure. I don't care about the politics of it. This show is equally offensive to EVERYONE! If you are offended, then you can't laugh at yourself. But I love this show and would hate for it to go away.

October 13, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • What?

What show are you watching? It pretty much only bashes conservatives.

South Park, now that is an equal opportunity offender.

October 26, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Tyumbra

The show died after Season 5 and has gone from being funny and creative (even though most episodes, and even most events, were taken/had strong similarities to earlier, funnier episodes of The Simpsons) to being boring and tasteless. Filling in long gaps with Conway Twitty isn't funny, and the random violence has lost it's humor. I have nothing wrong with vulgarities, but the earlier seasons refrained from using them and only emphasizing them for comedic effect in a good way.

These days, unfortunately, the writers just throw in violence/language for shock value and not for humor.

I love Family Guy and won't ever give up the old reruns, but I think the show has finally died.

October 13, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Superhiro

The show's still funny. Give Simpsons or South Park the can before this show.

October 13, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • pvt

I grew up with the Simpsons, but feel it lost its charm back in 2000-2003 and haven't watched it since. South Park I still enjoy, but hasn't been the same as it was a few years ago. Neither of them would ever compare to Family Guy though. I'll be sad to see it end, but better it to end then to see it end up like the other two.

October 14, 2011 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  118. Bill

The show has gone downhill some, but still get a laugh out of me more often then a lot of other primetime shows.

Cancel the Celeveland Show and let him focus more on Family Guy.

October 13, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Anomic Office Drone

I like Family Guy, but it has been getting a little worse with each season. Ending it before it's terrible would be a good thing.

October 13, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  120. tquez

I love family guy especially stewie. You're not alone Anita-Beer, I don't want it to end either!

October 13, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  121. LKT

A show about an ignorant a$$ of a husband, an enabling wife, stupid chip off the old block teen boy, an angst filled teen girl who perceives the entire family is out to ruin her life, a baby who is smarter than the whole genetic pool he originated from and a Dog that rules the entire family. YES, this is whole show pretty much sums up MY family.

October 13, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Anita-Beer

I hate the thought of never seeing Brian or Stewie again...makes me sad to think about it. I love this show, but sounds like I'm all alone...bummer.

October 13, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • pvt

I feel the same.

But better for a show to start strong and end strong. A creator always knows when a project is at its end. There will always be reruns, and hopefully a movie now.

October 14, 2011 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
    • alter_ego

I agree that it should end before it stops being funny, but I can't imagine a time when Family Guy isn't funny.

October 14, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Betty

Anita-Beer, you are not alone!!! I love watching Family Guy with my 21 year old son....It's the best time we hang out together....even when we are really busy, we always watch it together, even if we have to be on the phone....

October 18, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Nurse Ratchet

I think it's still funny. we watch it on the tv in the day room at the asylum. It's the only thing some of these old men have to brighten their day.

October 13, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  124. R DANGER

I think that the show has run its course and instead of beating a dead horse like The Simpsons do, let the show end on a high note.

October 13, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • will

great point

October 13, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christopher

Seth's said that FG's 10th season would be it's last many times. Hopefully, he pulls them out after this season is up and puts them on the big screen.

R DANGER: Kevin Smith reference? Excellent!

October 13, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • pvt

I agree. McFarlane is very clever, and the new Family Guy still has its moments, and I'm sure his idea for a movie will go off positively. It would be the perfect send off to a revolutionary series.

October 14, 2011 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  125. Diamond

Yes, it's vulgar and crude.

October 13, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christopher

Vulgar and crude and funny.

October 13, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sammy

Barney the Dinosaur is a little more to your liking, eh?

October 17, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

Must be awful you're forced to watch it. Oh wait, you're not...

October 18, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rita

It needs to end....it's vulgar, crude, and insensitive. Not to mention the most obvious - it teaches our kids that it's supposed to be funny when something is vulgar, crude, and insensitive. And whether or not they are supposed to be watching it, they DO!

November 1, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kris Wood

Wow, Rita, you let your kids watch this show? ...let alone use it to TEACH them??

November 4, 2011 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Sounds like Rita needs some parenting tips. It's rated TV-14 because its not meant for little kids. It's meant for someone who should be old and mature enough to realize that the show makes a mockery of the themes/characters they focus on. They try to bring light to a situation that is in current events or something that should be brought to others' attention. It is racy, and sometimes cruel, but all great comedians have sometimes been that as well (George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Lewis Black, etc.) Please, people, PLEASE!!!!!!!! do not be cynical of Family Guy and use the "will someone think of the children?!" argument. It's not meant for kids. If you're kids watch it, then it's your failing as a parent for not setting up boundaries and providing punishment if they violate them. It's your responsibility to enforce how and where you're kids watch tv and movies and listen to music and what type of literature they read. The government provided different ratings because of you single-minded parents, its your turn to moderate. If you won't or can't, then DON'T COMPLAIN!

November 7, 2011 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Bhibsen

So I have a question. For those of you who say the show is not funny, what that is on television right now do you think IS funny? Answers have to be programming that is MEANT to be funny, as opposed to just shots at idiot talking heads or politicians. So what comedic shows do you think are funny?

November 9, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • mornin joe

CNN and the other "news" reporting seem to be pretty funny...

November 10, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  126. tedd

I neve have cared for this show. Watched it maybe 4 or 5 times since on. Every episode was stupid.

October 13, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kyle

Then you're not the targeted audience.

October 14, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • ZackSnack

It is the worst kind of low-brow shameless knock off humor.

October 17, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex

I used to feel the same way. Then I got stoned and it all came together. :-)

October 18, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heyhowru

Probably because it pokes fun at your ideals. Religion and politics, you know, everything thats wrong with this country.

October 27, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • TheGodMyth

It's the kind of humor that appeals to the same people who say to their friends "Hey man, get over here and look at the size of this thing I pinched out..."

October 27, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • LP

I have to agree with Tedd and TheGodMyth. It's a really putrid show. The writing is terrible, there is no characterization of any kind- it's not even really a show. It's more like bad Sunday comics that are moving. It should have ended before it was ever aired. I genuinely feel sad that Americans are dumb enough to find stuff like that funny, I guess it's the same audience that watches Two and a Half Men.

November 3, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  127. tyler

Liberal garbage? What does that even mean...?

October 13, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

That's neocon code talk for "it exposed conservative doctrine for the garbage that it is and offended my delicate Republican sensibilities".

October 17, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • David in SLC

Yeah, I think it is time. The show just isn't as funny as it used to be. I feel the same way about South Park though American Dad to me is still chugging along beautifully.

October 17, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • JD

What? American Dad should've ended exactly one season before it began. What a horrible show.

October 27, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brendan

Very true, Sam. Being a liberal, I too look to cartoons for political information. Never mind that all of Family Guy's jokes are random pop culture references and segments that go on way too long, occasionally their pop culture reference will include Fox News! That makes it politically relevant and QUITE intelligent.

Though I think it should have ended before it started. Honestly the worst show ever written. And no, it has nothing to do with Seth MacFarlane being an annoyingly uninformed, wannabe satirist, flaming liberal; the show just isn't funny. It never has been. It never will be. The scripts must be taken from those "Mad Lib" books. You just fill in famous people's names and you've got a "new" Family Guy episode.

October 27, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wavey Davey

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 29, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Cleeland

GOD NO PLEASE NO.... its too good to end...

November 2, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Brendan: You sir, are retarded. My opinion of the show is that while it provided some other form of comedic relief for current events (news, politics, gossip, etc.) it has been overplayed in the last few years. However, it is not an epitome of a "Mad Lib" book. You should probably watch an entire season before you make stupid comments.

November 7, 2011 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
    • a FAN

i would kill myself if family guy ended. mr.macfarlane, please choose, a LIFE or a DEATH...

November 11, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Jason Echelard

I hope this stupid Family Guy gets taken off the air ASAP Permanently because I am sick and tired of seeing stupid and annoying commercials on TBS. It is really bad that this show is on three different networks like TBS, FX, cartoonnetwork. There will be lots of happy people when this get taken off the air. Threre are over 2,000 people on a facebook page called Family Guy Sucks. There is also lots of people posting videos on Youtube that would like to see this show taken off the air.

November 22, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  128. MikeW

Liberal garbage? I'm tired of just about all entertainment being labeled as liberal garbage. There IS a lot of garbage out there, I totally agree. If Family Guy isn't your cup of tea, that's fine. But....um.....who owns the network that airs Family Guy? Would that be Rupert Murdoch? And....um......what network is that? Give you a clue, starts with an F. You see, Rupert is a capitalist...something you supposedly worship. Rupert airs what sells....that's how he makes money, and I say more power to him.

October 13, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Christopher

"Family Guy" is on Fox, Observer. I thought Fox was supposed to be "fair and balanced"

October 13, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Justin

So what would u consider Fox News? Conservative Garbage?

October 13, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  131. john

Yeah, End Family guy. So you can watch dancing with the stars. Or should I say dancing with LOSERS.

October 13, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  132. dick hardy

Never given birth? that sounds like abortion... thought you were against that

October 13, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  133. lewis hillwood

dont get rid of familyguy i watch it every night before i go to bed :) :)

October 13, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  134. pvt

I bet your a right wing extremist that messes himself whenever he hears Sarah Palin open her unintelligible gob. If you aren't a fan of the show AT ALL why suffer through the article and waste your time commenting on it? Its not like you're forced to watch it.

October 14, 2011 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  135. LisStein

Lots of hate-filled liberals out there. It's a TV show. Get over it. Watch it if you like this kind of crap and don't watch it if you dislike it. Now I'm going to go protest Wall Street to accomplish nothing....

October 14, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Meme

Observer is a tool.

October 14, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Ha Ha Trolls

LMAO You FAIL!

October 13, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Steve

Don't like? Don't watch!

October 13, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  139. anti-boomer

If you don't like it, fine, change the channel, watch something else. Why do you feel the need to ruin it for others? It's a TV show, dimwit.

October 14, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  140. someone

this show is just an excuse to spout of racial ignorance. seriously, pay attention and you'll notice that every other joke is at the expense of some ethnic group, and not very well written to boot. i used to watch this show, but after hearing its creator insult conservatives as dumb racists on shows such as "real time with bill maher" i realized how extremely ignorant and hypocritical both he and his show are. in essence, macfarlane is the worst kind of hypocrite: "its okay if i use racial epithets and stereotypes, because i don't REALLY believe them. all conservatives are all the real racists, even though they choose not to insult, mock or demean people on the basis of race." take your show and go away, macfarlane- you're a total phony.

October 14, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  141. mdubbs

Oh, and there goes the race card. Get over yourself. They joke about everything and everyone. No one is immune. Like you NEVER joke around. You must live a very boring life under that rock of yours...

October 14, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Jean-Luc

Yes. there's a vast difference between someone who makes a joke at someone else's expense and doesn't mean it, simply for the lulz, and a group that are actually racist but also are so afraid of the people they hate that they save their racism for the confines of their country clubs and box socials. People who are racist and actually wield power to affect those they hate are a lot worse than a cartoon made for the sole purpose of entertainment.

October 14, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Bryant @ SJC

Funny how someone that supposedly doesn't like Family Guy is the first to write about it. Hah...haha....hahahahahahaa!!! Family Guy is a great show with a great balance of irony, edgyness (few shows can pull off), and in your face comedy. I love it because I grew up in the 80s and has so many awesome references to that era! Also many of you take it too seriously which screams you have issues.

October 14, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Ashvegas

I have been watching this series since it has been on TV and have enjoyed it, but while the last couple of seasons have had their moments, it is starting to be less funny to me. I personally am starting to think that American Dad is much funnier than FG.

October 14, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Anonymous Realist

Wow people are so self righteous, if you don't like a show or your offended by it. CHANGE THE CHANNEL! It's really not that difficult.

October 14, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  146. skippy

Unfunny? Probably cuz you don't get it. It's one of the funniest shows on TV. Unlike the other shows that cater to morons and the FCC, this show is for adults. Every "comedy" on TV is pretty much terrible. All the jokes are stale and set up and you see them coming a mile away. Good comedy is gone. Two and a half Men?? really?? This is TERRIBLE! I don't know why people like it, I guess they don't like to think.

October 14, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Reneck replublican

We call everything liberal garbage because we lack the intelligence to come up with anything else to describe it

October 27, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  148. ndbear

Changing the channel or ignoring something you don't like is apparently far too hard for some.
    Everyone has to have tastes similar to theirs.

October 27, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Brendan

You guys realize that, by professing your love for an animated show meant for immature 13 year-olds, you are really not helping your ridiculously uninformed, dogmatic political positions, right? Of course not. You're too dumb. You like Family Guy, after all, the Dane Cook of TV shows.

October 27, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  150. LP

Anyone dumb enough to accept the "liberal" moniker is as dumb as a person who accepts the "conservative" one. You seriously never noticed that they are exactly the same and that it's all a smokescreen to get you to ignore the actual issues and fight amongst yourselves? Unbelievable.

November 3, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |