Penny Marshall penning a memoir
October 12th, 2011

Penny Marshall penning a memoir

According to the Hollywood Reporter, actress and director Penny Marshall is working on bringing her inspiring life story to the masses.

"I have had many lives (not in the Shirley MacLaine sense) and you will hear about them all ... Just don't expect any recipes ... I don't cook," the 68-year-old Hollywood veteran says of her upcoming memoir.

Marshall says the book will cover her childhood, her relationship with brother Garry Marshall (the producer), moving to Hollywood as a single mom, her time on “Laverne & Shirley,” becoming a director and her 2009 battle with cancer.

The star is also expected to reveal details on her brief marriage to Rob Reiner and her relationships with Art Garfunkel and John Belushi.

The book is described as a "candid, inspiring, and hilarious account of Penny’s ascension from her humble roots in the Bronx to one of the most liked and respected figures in the entertainment business."

“I can't say I'm excited about the Yankees losing, or there not being a basketball season yet, but I am excited about writing this book,” Marshall said in a statement.

Amazon Publishing is releasing “My Mother Is Nuts” next fall.

1. belinda

Miss.Penny Marshall, Will you please read my book "MY LITTLE SECRETS"author Belinda Davis,It's a love story that happen in the south long time ago. And about keeping your faith through good times and bad! And I know my book will make a great movie! Please go to B.n.com on line to read this Great book! THANK YOU!

February 14, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  2. Dolly

Penny Marshall, what can I say that probably hasn't been said about her before. Maybe that she should be hosting the Oscars, or appearing on ABC on Tuesday nights again. This generation has missed out on some real laugh. But with her book coming out soon I am looking forward to her interviews and of course reading it. And who knows maybe she will please her fans and get a show started, and I don't mean directing. She has produced great stuff but I want to see her and I am sure so does all those that grew up with her. I do not know her but my intuition tells me she is a strong person and she will be fine.

January 14, 2012 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bert Dennings

I love Laverne and Shirley. The best part was some where in every zany, wacky episode Laverne would eat some of Shirley mookieStanks! Some time Laverne would play human toilet or hide under the toilet seat in a jiffyJohn then pop up with hotBrown all over her face and scare Shirley etc...What a hilarious show.

October 13, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. Anderson Fartley

Penny *POOT* Marshall. As irrelevant as ever.

October 13, 2011 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. fernace

Actually Penny Marshall was 1st! I loved "Laverne & Shirley", I could relate to it!! It was so goofy, s.e.x.ual, but trying to abide by 50s norm in the 70s! It also depicted our work conditions realisticaly! It's great that Penny has beat cancer, More power to her! I hope her book is a best seller!!

October 12, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. portalpunk

Occupy Wall Street is making me FIRSTY!!!!!!!!!!

October 12, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • tired of you

You need to get a new hobby. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that's sick of the Firsty with all that extra punctuation. You truly are a booger-eatin' moron.

October 12, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |