'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' to become graphic novel
October 12th, 2011

'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' to become graphic novel

DC Entertainment has revealed an exciting new collaboration. The comic book and graphic novel publisher is adapting the best-selling Millennium Trilogy into graphic novels.

According to a press release, “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” will be released in graphic novel form by DC Entertainment imprint Vertigo next year. Sequels “The Girl Who Played with Fire” will follow in 2013, and “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest” in 2014.

Each graphic novel will be released in two volumes, and will be available in both print and digital versions.

“Stieg always liked comics and it will be exciting to see the unforgettable characters he created come to life on the comics page,” says Joakim Larsson, the late writer’s brother. Vertigo is working with Stieg Larsson’s estate to adapt the books.

Stieg Larsson passed away in 2004. Sadly, he didn't see even the first novel in his best-selling series published.

The Millennium Trilogy follows the adventures of computer hacker Lisbeth Salander and reporter Mikael Blomkvist. Over 60 million Trilogy books have been sold worldwide.

The highly-anticipated film adaption of “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” hits theaters December 21.

« Previous entry
  1. tree maintenance bloomington indiana

Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!

February 22, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Pradeep

Worth-reading piece of write-up for Graphic Novels lovers. I’d appreciate to know more about some popular graphic novels from your side. Useful information shared. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through.

October 22, 2011 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. fernace

The way I look at graphic art novels is that they're for the teen set or collectors(or both)! Teens get into the novels with the spectacular visualization & later want to read the full novel! Collectors often make $ from their collections, but for the most part collect for the love of finding a rare copy! Good luck to all!!

October 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. enigma

I hope it's coming soon.

http://www.imspot.org – Internet Marketing & SEO Forum

October 13, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Marrok

I love u, tracie! I want u to l!ck my buttcrack!

October 13, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Anomic Office Drone

I really need to get around to reading these books. I have heard nothing but good things. Still, I probably won't be checking out the graphic novels. I like graphic novels now and then, but this story already has the original novel, the original movies, and the upcoming American movies. 2013 seems too late to still be relevant and too soon for fans to be nostalgic, but I've been wrong before.

October 13, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. tracie

I shoved a picture of that turd from south park up my p1sssy hole one time.

October 13, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. michaelfury

October 13, 2011 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. Marrok

Thanks to charlie crack, mr. ed, stupid cow, fix in tx, moodancer, missy, starfire for making marquee blog bad and boring to come on

October 13, 2011 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  10. frivbest

Hope it's coming soon.

October 13, 2011 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
  11. fernace

I'm sad to know that Stieg Larsson never saw his work to this type of fruition! That is sad, but good to know his bro Joakim is making sure his legacy lives on! I've read other novels of Stieg Larsson & they are always a "cliff hanger" to the end!!

October 12, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. toocy

I thought the novel was graphic. I could see every scene in my head but hey, comics are cool, too.

October 12, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |