October 12th, 2011

Another celebrity bites the dust on 'DWTS'

Chynna Phillips won't hold on for one more day on "Dancing With the Stars."

The singer was knocked out of the competition last night, one day after she forgot her routine set to the "Mission: Impossible" theme.

"I went blank! I had a blank moment," Phillips told CNN after Tuesday's show. "We all have those blank moments. It's just too bad that it had to happen (Monday night) because I really wanted to go further in the competition."

The elimination surprised a number of fans, as Phillips looked to be an early favorite to win it all this season.  She and partner Tony Dovolani were the top scorers in the first week of competition, and finished in a tie for second last week.

"I've met so many beautiful people, so many supportive individuals here," Phillips said. "It's been the time of my life."

Phillips was in the bottom three with reality TV personality Rob Kardashian and HLN's Nancy Grace.  For Grace, it was the second time this season she was placed in jeopardy, but she says there's plenty of fight left in her.

"I've gotten e-mails from viewers who have stuck with me since I was paired with Johnnie Cochran (on Court TV), all the way through having the twins. They've stuck with me all this time. I think that they are the ones, other than (pro partner) Tristan (MacManus), who are pulling me through," she said.

Next week, the eight celebrities will dance to music from the 1980s.

What did you think of last night's "Dancing With the Stars" elimination?  Do you agree with the result?

1. Marin

nancy grace looks as much like a tranny as Chaz...................

October 14, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jillmarie

I was hoping she'd hold on for just one week! I thought she had potential to go far. I agree Nancy or Chaz needed to go- oh well.

October 12, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. @PlayJoJo

I wish u didnt get ur tv fixed. u talk 2 much. shut up now. thank you in advance

October 12, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rlg

The judges score on the caliber of the dancing, but the public votes for who they like, not how they dance. This is not a dancing show, it's a popularity contest.

October 12, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. @Chaz Presley

Is that u ..milli v?

October 12, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeepers

I don't watch it. I just clicked on the story because I hoped Nancy Grace would be the one booted. It would have been some sweet, sweet schadenfreude.

October 12, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. art vandolay

Chynna can go back to having plastic surgery. She looks like a 50yr old barbie doll. -Art

October 12, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kareen

Chynna makes one mistake and she is gone, while the Lump Chaz who has a bad time walking, never mind dancing is kept
    It doesn't make any sense at all and DWS is not after picking the best dancer, but the controversial one.

October 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donna

I agree 100%. Chaz is nothing but a draw for controversy. That is the ONLY reason he is on this show. Pathetic, really.

October 12, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chazmanian Devil

srhfweaiothwioepahgwiopahfwkoapjrwekopr CHAZ BABY asdhgioweahriweomjfkoangiafnweaopfnwaekon

October 12, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Leafonthewind

Okay, I know it's the same person posting over and over with "chaz" somewhere in the user name, and most of your comments are silly, but this one actually made me laugh. Also, it's proof that you're probably old enough to be familiar with the old Warner Bros cartoons. Someday, I would like to go to Tasmania, just because.

October 12, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. tracie

My husband is mad at me.

October 12, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • be quiet

I bet. I would be too. stop dropping so many bombs in the toilet you filthy pig.

October 12, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Playjojo

Okay, I've been following theses posts on dancing, don't know why. Curious I guess, as I haven't had a T.V for the last 8 months. Happened to get it fixed last night, and lo and behold, guess what was on! HAD to watch it. What the HELL!! First of all, very tacky to play at the end of booting China Philips, her exit reel with her mistake! I don't think she needed to be reminded why she was leaving, and she should not have been.

And how is it in all reality, that NANCY GRACE is still on? Can someone explain this to me? Are they afraid of her? She's horrible! Sure others made mistakes in other dances that I could tell from back reels, but I could also tell she was consistently bad. This is why I can't watch this stuff.

And anyone who thinks Chaz should be off before her, just have a problem with him personally. From what I could tell, he wasn't half bad.

October 12, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Pablo

It's really not a dance contest but rather a cross between a popularity contest and a freak show. Voters want the freaks and entertaining contestants to continue. They are not interested in dancing ability or performance.

October 13, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  12. Muhammed ChazLi

Thats right sucka. Im uh rope a dope all them ugly fools cuz Im pretty. Just ax Joe Frasier. He look like a big dumb gorilla and I knock his lights outs.

OH YEAH...Chaz said so you can take it to the bank.

"Float like a butterfly
    Stang like a bee
    Im the prettiest tranny
    they evuh gunuh be"

October 12, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • slhrby

@ Muhammed. LOL!!! "Float like a butterfly
      Stang like a bee
      Im the prettiest tranny
      they evuh gunuh be"

October 12, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Carolyn

I think it was fair. Her dance was by far the worst of the night and I think the judges were too generous in giving her three 7's. Carson's dance was better and he didn't forget his routine but he got a point lower. Nancy Grace got the same score but her dance was better, and finished, and Chaz's Rocky dance was amazing. I hope he goes far.

October 12, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  14. The RightChaz One

OMG CHAZ, YOU ROCK MAN... AWESOME, SAFE ANOTHER WEEK!

Your fan base must be very proud of you... I know as one of your adoring fans you are DA BOMB baby.

Some say it's a miracle... but I say... IT IS WHAT IT IS... CHAZ OWNS ALL!!!

October 12, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Leafonthewind

No disrepect for Chaz, I admire his perseverance (his knees have given him some obvious pain), but don't you think he's being kept around due to his mother's fan base rather than his own?

October 12, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Terri

I love Rob!!!

October 12, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  16. Chaz Presley

Chaz should be the one to leave...AWW HELL NAW! CHAZ is gonna stay and keep kicking rear-ends. Chaz is the best!!! That right, I said it and you know.

"Im just a hunka hunka
    burning CHAZ
    Im just a hunka hunka
    burning CHAZ..."

October 12, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  17. Rlg

Chaz should have been the one to leave.

October 12, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Tata

ur so right Chaz needs to say Good-bye, I know he is trying but Chyanna made one mistake and she is gone, HHMM no fair she worked her butt off. Sad to see her go , Plus it was great watching her handsome WIlliam Baldwin, hubby too. LOL he is hot!! Hot couple!!! THem Baldwin brothers are HOT!!!

October 12, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. nala

Very disappointed! I guess ya need to have enough fan votes to stay on...

October 12, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

I hope this isn't going to be like the last. Chynna is a very good dancer. There's a few I can name that are not-Chaz, Nancy, Carson, David and Rob. I't not a popularity contest. It's a competion.

October 12, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Kareen

I don't think anyone is interested

October 12, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |