Taylor Swift named Billboard’s Woman of the Year
October 11th, 2011

Taylor Swift named Billboard’s Woman of the Year

Joining the likes of Beyonce and Fergie, Taylor Swift has been named Billboard’s 2011 Woman of the Year.

The 21-year-old singer - the youngest ever to receive the honor - will accept her award at the Billboard Women in Music event on December 2 in New York City.

The “Mean” singer was also recently nominated for five County Music Awards, including entertainer of the year, which she won in 2009.

Swift’s latest tour wraps up in November - around the same time her “Speak Now World Tour Live CD+DVD” hits stores. And she recently told The New Yorker, via MTV, that her new album is due out in 2012.

She said the songs she's written so far mimic her recent epiphany: "You're not always going to be ridiculously happy. ... [The songs are] sad, if I'm being honest."

Hopefully her new award will give her something to smile about.

Filed under: Taylor Swift

1. Anabelle

This woman can't even sing live and her songs are horrible. Nominate someone who actually made good music instead of playing favorites to all the 13 year old boys.

October 11, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Feeniegal

I really wish she'd change her hair. I do like some of her songs.

October 11, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. derp

"Joining the likes of Beyonce and Fergie, Taylor Swift has been named...."

Overrated marginally talented popstress of the year.

October 11, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. immature guy on the internet

tee tee & pee pee & wee wee all rhyme! tee-hee.

October 11, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. hypocrites!

all of you are hypocrites. picking on these people. at least they have fun here, can you say the same? no, gettin all serious. IGNORE THEM jeez. what a bunch of sad sacks. lol btw @taylor- made me laugh. creepy.

October 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christie1984

@taylor- caught me offgaurd and made me laugh. nice job! lol

October 11, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. taylor

taylor is pretty. taylor... i will find you.

October 11, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banana

'dewk first, ask questions later' lol classic.

October 11, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dewkie Ellington

i cant wait to shart all over yall haters, let them have their fun, i know it effects you personally and all but... it makes my day more bareable, theirs too by the sound of it

October 11, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pathetic

You must have a pretty sad life. It's okay... we all do, if we're on Marquee Blogs... just admit it and we can all move on. LOL

October 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • You Don't Know Jack

Just because someone responds doesn't mean it affects that person personally. It's the internet. You have freedom to say whatever you want and get away with it... can't get mad over that. I wasted my time posting this one comment and reading all of yours... just as you wasted your time posting whatever comments you all posted (for all I know you could all be the same person or the same 2 people commenting).

October 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Anomic Office Drone

I don't know much about Taylor Swift. She seems like a talented young woman. That said, naming a 21 year old woman of the year is just silly.

October 11, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Chaz-tastic

Too bad I can no longer be nominated for such an award.

October 11, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dewkie Ellington

Its a high honor, right?

October 11, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chaz to Dewkie

It's a real bummer. But I'm a man dancing on DWTS now so I can't complain.

BTW people, pooping is natural... it is normal... it is not always funny but it is a fact of life...

Now when it comes to #1... I had problems at first, you know... but I got used to it.

October 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. PoopUhDeeDoop

Wanna know something really scary? I'm a grown azz woman having fun while at work. XD In a corporate office none-the-less. I went to college and all. Trolling is what it is. It isn't going anywhere, so come down off your high horse and have some fun.

Sidenote: I definitely would go to someone house and deficate on them if given the chance, and it would be HILARIOUS.

October 11, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • You got trolled

Thanks for telling us about your pathetic lie of a life. I am a successful millionaire living in California... I actually lived next door to Arnold S. but I moved away a few years ago. I did see some fishy activity with him and the maid, but of course I didn't think anything of it... damn what a small world, right? HAHAHAHA KEEP LYING TO YOURSELF.

October 11, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kanye West

Okay, listen up Ms. "Grown Azz Woman" no one cares about your whack life story. Damn man, if you are really in a corporate office that must say a lot of junk about your damn job... probably some company about to hit the CRAPPER (yeah "Truth Hurts" and "@tracie" I went there go call me a kid). This article is about my girl Taylor... I mean I know I said all that stuff about her not being the best of all time and sh!t but seriously, I mean Beyonce really deserves all the praise. Stay on topic, all you kids talking about doo doo probably like fish sticks too. I still don't get that joke, but I really don't care... I'm out.

October 11, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • PoopUhDeeDoop

@You got trolled- lmfao thanks for the laugh man, but what a reverse troll fail. I mean, you're thinking my crappy corporate job is some HIGH LIFE situation. Yeah, its pathetic, I'm ashamed to admit I work in a corporate job. So really I made fun of myself. Its nice though that you think "corporate job" translates to success or riches but lets come back to the real world.

also, im sorry your life is a cess pool and you cant fulfill your dream of living next door to old arnie. good luck to ya though, and always remember dewk first, ask questions later.

October 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ PoopUhDeeDoop

October 11, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dewkie Ellington

and the 'derp derp' award goes to... @poopuhdedoop

October 11, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Dewkie

Sorry I don't speak r3tard. What's "derp?"

October 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christie1984

"Given the fact that you have so much time to respond, that really doesn't provide much positive light about your job. Must be a pretty bad one if you spend so much time on CNN telling poop jokes."

says the idiot posting on the cnn blog. irony? nah. hypocrisy? yes.

October 11, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christie1984

"Sorry I don't speak r3tard. What's "derp?" apparently you do, you correctly identified the language. nice job, r3tard.

October 11, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ PoopUhDeeDoop

October 11, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Time Out!

I don't think it's too young of an age to be nominated for this award. Women of all ages can make an impact. If they sing songs that have meaning such as Ms. Swift, they definitely deserve a look... I mean having feel-good music doesn't hurt either but to be honest as cliched as her music may be, Taylor really reaches out to the female youth.

So when are you children going to comment on the topic? Just wondering. And no, asking me when I am going to comment on the topic isn't a valid response.

October 11, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christie1984

"Christie, at least I don't go talking about having a "corporate job." Read my comments carefully. Christie = PoopUhDeeDoop = Dewkie Ellington... sorry to blow your cover but you aren't fooling anyone."

I'm going to also say I think they are the same person, except I'm not with them. I don't make feces jokes, I'm not 12. Also I'm pretty sure they never attacked anyone personally like you, they just made fun of the topic so... what you REALLY need to ask is what kind of a sad, lonely person are you?

I mean, I know them talking about feces effects you personally and all. I see it's obviously a sore subject.

October 11, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Christie1984

For people born in 1984 we are sure dumb (to be commenting amidst all this "jibber jabber"). You see, I couldn't help but stumble into this blog and see all the comments... and then I saw yours... Actually funny thing is I kinda have to go to the bathroom myself and do the #2. Anyways, I don't think the person is "sad and lonely" because he has a problem or whatnot with the other comments. I think it's just someone who believes that comments should stay on topic... I've seen a lot of those but honestly, it doesn't matter... you don't like a comment, ignore/report it... simple as that. I've seen a lot of "doo doo" jokes erased. That's all it takes... for the rest of you... stop complaining about the joke and just report it... it only takes a click, and if you're too lazy to do that, then just stop talking and let them joke around. End of story... this isn't rocket science.

October 11, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Truth Hurts

The combined age of the last three posters before me appears to be 40 at most.

That's also the combined IQ of the last three posters before me.

Come get some trolls.

October 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dewkie Ellington

yo truthhurts & poop hater- honestly, i don't know too many "kids" hanging around on a cnn blog. DO YOU? probly, you seem like pdfiles. gross kiddie gravy dippers.

October 11, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kanye West

Taylor, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but Beyonce is the best Billboard's WOY of all time.

October 11, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. @ tracie

You must have an underdeveloped brain to think that "doo doo" jokes are still funny... it's like "your mom" jokes... stay in school, kid.

October 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. @ PoopUhDeeDoop

Empty online threats = child.

I'd like to actually see you go to "@ tracie's" home and do that. But of course, being a kid hiding behind a computer, you probably won't. It would cut into your "doo doo joke time on CNN" way too much.

I guess McDonalds doesn't hire bright fellows these days.

October 11, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  16. @ Taylor Swift

You do know that it's LESBIAN, right? Not sure if you're trying to avoid getting flagged/moderated or are just that plain dense.

October 11, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |