'Avengers' unite in film's first trailer
October 11th, 2011

'Avengers' unite in film's first trailer

Comic book fans were left drooling after the announcement at Comic-Con 2010 that Marvel was gathering its all-star team of superheroes together.

On Tuesday, Marvel unleashed the first trailer for their upcoming superhero blockbuster, "The Avengers.”

Directed by “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” creator Joss Whedon, the film tells the story of Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) who, in the emergence of a threat to global security, recruits a team of superheroes to the S.H.I.E.L.D. agency to help save the world.

For comic book (and summer blockbuster) fans, many of these faces will be familiar from prior eponymous Marvel films, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and The Hulk. Black Widow, played by Scarlett Johansson, didn't have her own film, but she did show up in her black leather suit in “Iron Man 2.” The lone newcomer is Clint Barton, also known as Hawkeye - whom you may remember from a cameo in "Thor" - played by “The Hurt Locker” star Jeremy Renner.

The Avengers must team up to fight against Loki, Thor’s brother and the villain from the first “Thor” film, who is planning to make earth his new kingdom.

Fanboys and fangirls will be eagerly waiting to see if the film lives up to its lofty expectations when it is released in theaters on May 4, 2012.

Post by:
Filed under: Trailer Park

1. Marvel Avengers Hack Download

Hey there, You have done a great job. I'll definitely digg it and in my view suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.

June 7, 2012 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. search engine pagerank

Hello there, I discovered your web site by means of Google at the same time as looking for a similar subject, your website came up, it appears to be like good. I've added to my favourites|added to my bookmarks.

May 14, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. developer launch

Hi there, You've performed an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.

May 9, 2012 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. marketing

Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to understand a lot approximately this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you just could do with some % to pressure the message house a bit, but other than that, that is great blog. A great read. I'll certainly be back.

May 7, 2012 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. Karl

Where's batman?

December 9, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Swiggle

When I saw the word The Avengers, was hoping they were talking about Emma Peel from The Avenger's show about a female superhero/spy...copyright issues anywhere? lol Anyway, Someone should bring back Emma Peel and John Steed characters. Oh well... :)

December 6, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. yap

lol i thot red skull was gonna b in it or u never no he could b another villian :)

November 28, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. T

Six months to go.......and counting....

November 28, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kwest

Boda3.. same reason they made the Green Lantern a white guy even though he was black. dumb a$$

November 22, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • a

There was more than one Green Lantern. Ryan Reynolds played Hal Jordan and he was white in the comics. You're probably thinking of the character John Stewart.

December 4, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. hartnacke

Hulk smaaaashh... yeah.:D

November 21, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Boda3

Looks OK, not true to the original Avengers story line. Also, why did they have to change Nick Fury to a black man? He was WHITE you stupid Hollywood liberals. Not every movie needs a token black character.

November 20, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • NOT WHAT IT SEEMS

Back around 2000 or so, they started a new line called Ultimate Marvel. Retelling most stories with modern revisions. In it they made Ultimate Nick Fury a black man. No one seemed to have a problem with that and that's what the movie is based on......Ultimate Nick Fury. Get over it, besides it's Samuel L. Jackson. Last time I checked, he was badass. They had David Hasselholf play Nick Fury once......... just bad!

December 9, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  12. Don

You make a good point BlackArachKnight, however I would have still preferred another villain. Why would the outcome of the fight be different on Earth. If Thor won there by himself, then what chance does Loki have here with Thor and the rest of the Avengers. I'm just saying they could have done better.

Here is a whole list of baddies that would have been fine to pound on......

November 19, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Don

Well I am also eagerly awaiting this film, however my only gripe is, "Why Loki?" You are telling that out of all the marvel comic villains, that's the best they could come up with......Why rehash that battle. Didn't Thor already kick his butt in the Thor movie. I was honestly disappointed with that.

November 18, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • BlackArachknight

Aloha,
      Loki is the Asgardian equivalent to the devil. In the comics there was a four part series Mephisto(devil) vs in which he was going after the souls of the super heroes. This looks like they used some of that plot device for this movie.All things considered Loki is extremely powerful and should make for a great villian in this movie. Time will tell.

November 18, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. JS

Always a fan of hot readheads in black!

October 14, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. MovieScope

Why in the world would anyone display images of a film being made? I'm all for free speech but this $ucks. Let them make the movie in peace please!!!

October 11, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  16. zadoc

I think the best thing about this trailer is the choice of music. NIN for the win. So, what do you think?

POLL: 'The Avengers' trailer is out – what do you think?
    Vote: http://www.wepolls.com/p/3639217

October 11, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  17. KajinPL

There's my 10 bucks. (or 5 depending on my future finances. lOl)

October 11, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  18. J. Medina

The Nine Inch Nails music in the trailer was a brilliant move. My tail will wag so hard if they get Trent Reznor to score the film.

October 11, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Anomic Office Drone

This looks cool, but only time will tell.

October 11, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Missy

I agree with you @Tunde. Got to see it on the big screen. This movie looks good! Nothing like really great special effects!

October 11, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  21. T

Seven months to go......
    (sigh)

October 11, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Tunde

Wow ... Am not gonna miss this in the cinema

October 11, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Josh

Did anyone notice anything weird in the Avengers trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvzlVTh9Pjs

October 11, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Keith

Clint Barton was in the Thor movie.

October 11, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  25. NANCY

Hope my foodstamps will come in soon. Im bout outta budwieser.

October 11, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  26. NANCY

This is a good trailer. Not as nice as my doublewide but still a purt good un.

October 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Pliny

Traci,

Don't lie.

It's not legal for 5 year olds like you to get married.

Now go back to your sandbox and amuse yourself with non-stop poop jokes.

October 11, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. @ Pliny

If those jokes weren't enough for you check out Taylor Swift's article.

October 11, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |