Woody Allen: 'I'd cast Michelle Obama'
October 8th, 2011

Woody Allen: 'I'd cast Michelle Obama'

Filmmaker Woody Allen isn’t content to hire only actresses for his movies, he wants political figures as well.

Allen cast France's first lady Carla Bruni in a recent project, and USA Today reports that he’d like to give FLOTUS Michelle Obama a role, too.

"If I was in a room with Michelle Obama, and I thought she was right for a part, I wouldn't hesitate to ask her," Woody told the British television program “Daybreak.” No audition needed!

Allen, 75, recalled that he was having dinner with French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife when he decided to cast Bruni.

Carla Bruni appeared in Allen’s latest film, “Midnight in Paris,” as a museum tour guide.

« Previous entry
  1. jane

Iroy you are an incest baby. Didn't your momma and brother tell ya.

November 2, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. slong

he'd also nail his own step daughter...

October 10, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mejazzbo

I don't care about a celebrity's personal life because I have a life of my own. You can too if you think about it. If dumping on people is your idea of a lifestyle, it says far worse things about you than it does about your intended target.

October 10, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. Sun Yi

dis berry berry bad id-ruh. Roody rike to eat rasha stinkyRole cub he a nassy man.

October 10, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. tamek

I get it madhater,but I think she should be cast as a smart but manipulative head of a modeling agency,my bad Meryl already did that one.Okay a homicide cheif,yea cool career.

October 9, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. fernace

Woody would hire 1st lady! He's an American artiste, people should bow down! Ps. I don't give a crap about his private life! It's not my job to judge!!

October 9, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. madhater

@ tamek, yes I was. Just for the movie. Not in real life. Lol.

October 9, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ok

ok

October 9, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tamek

@madhater I know you're not calling the first lady a wh*re.

October 9, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  10. eleven

WHASSSSSUP OMIES? Where all the regulars? They not been eating enuff fiber so arent too regular anymore.

October 9, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  11. oops

TXReasonable sounds like a g@y dooodoooo head. A gay lesbean one that rubs on weeeenies. And eats doooodoooo.

October 9, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  12. oops

Goodmorning Everyone. Its good weekend time ! WAHOOOOOOO ! BTW Woody Allen is a lesbean ! And doesnt have a funny bone in his body. A boring lesbean.

October 9, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. madhater

He's gay. She's a whure. It could be a classic.

October 9, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  14. tamek

Woody Allen a girlfriends'daughter stealing pedophile.

October 9, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • lroy

Morally speaking, he lost all respect when he married his stepdaughter. In my book that's about as close to incest you can get and get away with it.

October 9, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Garlene

If she would have time to do something like that i think she would be great at it however she already has alot on her plate an being a mother an presidents wife is already enough. I can see her in movies that have a positive message that young people would watch.

October 9, 2011 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
    • lroy

Whether it's a good idea or not, it seems that Michelle's calendar will be free after Nov 2012...should she decide to take up the offer.

October 9, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  16. BORING

98percent of the comments on these blogs s u c k ! Where are the bloggers at ? These blogs are boring now.

October 9, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  17. @pokey

That was funny! The troll/trolls could learn from you. @troll/trolls-that's what good trolling is. See how pokey did that? Make a funny comment and never attacked any1-now that's how its done. Good job, pokey!

October 9, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  18. pokey

Every time I see the name Michelle Obama it makes me want a michelob beer.

October 8, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Miss Smith

Unless she's cast as the first lady I don't think she'd consider it,because what few blacks he's had in his movies were stereotypical,and also he manages to knock out the city that never sleeps.

October 8, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  20. pringles

The real question is... why would Michelle Obama want to be in a movie written by an over-pessimistic fatalist who either annoys or bores his audience for 2 hours.

October 8, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Raj Bagneeesh

orangatang ? american orangatang ?

October 8, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Raj Bagneeesh

?

October 8, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. TXReasonable

Woody Allen is a great director. Whatever choices he makes, the results speak for themselves. For those of you posing as Indians; it is obvious you are fakes. The typical Indian has much better command of proper English (written or verbal) than you. You can't hide your bigotry behind this crap.

October 8, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

Maybe she's a "pow wow" Indian and not an India-Indian?! You're right. Many India-Indians I've met has more brains (including myself) than most of us. Not sure if it's because they have the drive for education, a better life or what.

October 9, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  24. TJ

Methinks Woody has a crush on our First Lady.

October 8, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  25. @Guest

The marquee blogs r dead becauz this one idiot trolled ppl so he can come on here n have a convo w/himslef...lmao

October 8, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Rajahendra Patel

@Guest: neither did you idiot! @central pk west i care not what you are saying. i am doing what i am wanting and you cannot be doing anything about it!

October 8, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Guest

I came to check comments and you idiots have not said one thing about the topic!

October 8, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

Oh, sorry. But that Indian lady got me going. I can't stand Michelle Obama and I wouldn't cast her in the pre-school Christmas pageant let alone a Woody Allen movie. Wood-call Diane Keaton.

October 9, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • TRUTH

Funny. Iroy "can't stand" Michelle Obama...as if he/she's ever met her. What a dimwit comment.

October 9, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Rajahendra Patel

@bagneesh you know nothing. these americans berry berry good to us. they set me up in the hotel business, plus I now have 2 Dairy Queens!

October 8, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

Good for you, sweetheart. America is very good for those of us who come here LEGALLY for a better life.

October 9, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. U

R A DUM AZZ

October 8, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  30. Raj Bagneesh

Do you know she is colored ladie? In India we call US peoples colored.

October 8, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • lroy

Really. I may officially be white, but am more pink. I call YOUR people "permanently tanned" from the sun. That's a compliment.

October 9, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Morning Wood

Woody has his eye on little Sasha. This is just a way for him to get a foot in the door.

October 10, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  31. Central Park West

I sincerely hope that you are not, as your name suggests, Asian. Because given the tyranny of British colonialism on the Asian sub-continent I find (as someone of Asian decent myself) your comment sad, insulting, and ignorant.

October 8, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  32. lroy

Not all of us are fat...all you have to do is look at those skinny models on the runway in New York-they're nothing but skin and bones. Ballerinas too.
    And not all of us are lazy...just because we can't get a job (but are looking).
    Obviously you come from a very different culture, where you have to really work at it just to survive. I'm not so ignorant to realize that there is great poverty in your country, much more so than almost any place in America.

October 9, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |