Gym, tan, drama on 'Jersey Shore'
October 7th, 2011

Gym, tan, drama on 'Jersey Shore'

The Situation might be the most annoying person in the history of reality TV.

And that’s a bold statement, considering how many installments of “The Real Housewives” exist.

Following Snooki and Jionni’s spat - which caused him to leave Italy and her to climb in bed with Vinny for… moral support - last night’s episode was just mediocre.

After Snooki’s “rebound reaction,” Sitch calls his friend Unit to discuss his alleged hookup with Snooks.

But, the troublemaker he is, The Situation tells his roommates a little white lie: That he gave Unit Jionni’s number to call and tell him what really happened that fateful night.

However, his plan to see who would snitch to Snooki first was seriously flawed. See, upon planting the rumor in each of the roommates heads, both Deena and Sammi told The Situation they felt obligated to share his deed with Snooki. So, tell me, why did he think his “test” was clever?

Even Vinny thinks The Situation’s plan was ridiculous. He’s the one who finally tells Snooki that Sitch didn’t actually doll out Jionni’s digits. Of course, by that point the house was already destroyed - shards of glass from broken wine bottles covering the floor and all.

Taking a much welcomed break from each other, the boys traveled to Sicily to visit Vinny’s family, while the girls headed to Tuscany for a wine tour. I thought this might be the first time the show actually used its beautiful backdrop - Italy - to its advantage, but I was wrong.

The guys stayed put on Vinny’s family’s farm, and the girls napped on barrels in old wineries. The one bright moment of the episode was when The Situation took a soccer ball to the… you get it.

When the girls got home, Snooki called her dad to vent about her lost love. He told her that Jionni changed his Facebook status to “single.” At that point, Snooki became so incensed, you’d never know this was the same girl who smushed her roommate the night before.

Throughout a series of three phone calls to Jionni, Snooki manages to come clean about what happened with Vin. But not before berating him for changing his status online. Duh.

In the end he agrees to give her another chance. We’ll see if it sticks.

What did you think of last night’s episode? Do you think Sitch will leave the show this season?

Post by:
Filed under: Jersey Shore • TV recaps

1. millie Vanilly

now behave baby. this is the anniversary of my suicide and the michael jackson trial is on in the same week. well at least we have the situation to stand up for gay men and our gay pride. go get em sitch.

October 9, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. devil's bride

Im in love w millie and his pen!s pump...lmao. Come to me bad boy..lol

October 9, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Really?

What I think is so interesting is how the jersey shore is the number one most watched show on MTV, for how ever long it has been a network, and is possibly one of the most popular watched shows on Cable TV. It is the hype, It IS what people like to watch while they unwind for an hour (45 minutes of show time) each week. Yes, it is "reality" tv, but it is NOT reality whatsoever to so many Americans. It is entertainment. As long as the reviews and ratings are through the roof, CNN WILL remark and write posts on the show, due to the popularity.
    It does in a way make me "sick" to see how popular it is, but i rather watch people get stupid drunk and view their drama over the publicity of mothers killing their children nationwide.
    just saying...

October 8, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. the real T-rex

Hey Im a g`ay man and I want to know why is everyone picking on my boy the "sitch" did u see his biceps on the last show.. ya the roids are working over time. and I would like to work over time with him.. I have a set of knee pads with sitch's name on them.

October 8, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jay

It cracks me up how everyone hates the show but everyone seems to know so much about it. lol

October 8, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • danny bonaduce

no one hates brother.. we just like to make fun of the ho-mos and drunk italians

October 8, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @gumby

F u

October 8, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. pokey

I wouldn't poke any of those nasty drunks. Rather puke.

October 8, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  8. gumby

What a piece of trash.

October 8, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. haha

Oh and the ATM and waddling..lol.

October 7, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. haha

aww was that comment just for me so I can lol...(smiling). knew it was u..haha. That n the gay as a brick had me lol.

October 7, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Beautiful Vixen

@Millie Vanilly..lmao!

October 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • lance armstrong

ya that was a good one huh. I thought u would enjoy that visual of greaseball ronnie getting his swedish penis pump all pumped up. haha..

October 7, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Millie Vanilly

squeeze a room full of drunk Italians pumped up on roids and this is what you get. Our parents has the circus or the zoo but we have the de`go freak show. Situation is as g`ay as a brick and he pretends he likes chicks for the ratings.. hey u saw him on dancing with the stars in the leotards. I don't think snookie gave him a head job- I think it was frank. Then you have greaseball ronnie with the roid rage in his pants. That is 2.5 inches even his with his swedish penis pump. roger is the smart one cause he went for the walking ATM machine with boobs. an Italians dream. Snookie is a c`um dumpster. a little pig waddling around. Im sure her parents are proud. Just thank god your not Italian!

October 7, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • livinitaly

(american living in italy) trust me they are not italians, they are jersy trash... the italians over here hated them. the americans over here were embarrassed they were americans.

October 8, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • the real jade

I agree with Millie vanilly , but I agree with you that not all Italians are such dirty people

October 9, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not Italians

Uhm, who said they were Italian? they're not. Snooki is Brazilian...I think that Vinny kid is the only actual Italian. The others are fakers and give real Italians bad reps

October 11, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  13. derp

"last night’s episode was just mediocre."

As if any previous episode was somehow remarkable.

October 7, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bella

I agree, missy. Apparently there are enough fools out there who keep the show going. I don't give a sh!t about those idiots on tv!

October 7, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ILOVEIT

Come on people, get over it.

October 7, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Missy

Why does CNN report on this so-called show? It's pretty obvious by everyone's comments that most of us hate these people and their idiotic lives. Just wondering!

October 7, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  17. JO LOPEZ

its a show, its entertainment get over it people.it's what we do to unwind for the day or week. it has nothing to do with anything political or and so serious . there are so many shows out there and im sure in other countries just as off as the ones we have in AMERIC. oh so angry like
    birds you are...

October 7, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  18. portalschmuck

Most annoying piece of crap on TV.

October 7, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. MadCityBabe

omg Gym, Tan Laudry is a way of life for these morons?! They seem to be getting a tich old for this kind of behavior......how embarrassing

October 7, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. loJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=640&h=390]

October 7, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. REALLLY!!!?????

The fact that these kids even make the money that they do is a testament to how stupid and "dumbed down" America has become.. We have become the laughing stock of the world and deservably so.. It's okay because China is about to become the New Atlantis.. Farewell America.

October 7, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  22. xdougx

Actually I think Snooki is the most annoying person ever in reality TV. Her stupidity is almost too overwhelming for it not to be an act.

October 7, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • BallsMahoney

I agree, snooki needs punched again.

October 7, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Papo

Agree 100%. Snooki is detestable in EVERY imaginable way. The Situation is hilarious and the only one that keeps the show watchable these days, with Pauly staying out of the way, Sammie and Ronnie's angle being spent, Deena being hideous, Vinny thinking he's somehow cool now, and JWoww being boring.

October 7, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anomic Office Drone

I only started watching the show to begin with to see her get punched, but my girlfriend go in to it and hasn't missed one since. Personally, I could stand to see her get punched every episode.

October 10, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |