Courtney Love: I'd kill Kurt if he came back from the dead
October 7th, 2011

Courtney Love: I'd kill Kurt if he came back from the dead

If Kurt Cobain could come back from the dead, it sounds like he wouldn’t be alive for long.

Courtney Love tells Vanity Fair in the magazine’s November issue that she’d kill him if she were to ever lay eyes on him again.

“If he came back right now, I’d have to kill him for what he did to us. I’d f-–ng kill him,” she says. Actually, scratch that: “I’d f-- him, then I’d kill him.” A woman has to have her priorities.

But yes, Love says, she’s angry that her legendary husband committed suicide in 1994.

“He tried to kill himself three times! He O.D.’ed at least five times. I was the f---ng E.M.S.,” she says, adding that she carted around a drug used to revive heroin users after an overdose.

However, it seems as though one should take Love’s statements with a grain of salt. At least, that seems to be the case with her remarks about her estranged daughter, Frances Bean. Love alleges in the interview that her daughter was teased as a child and called “crack baby,” and that she had aspirations to be an actress with a show akin to Nickelodeons “Zoey 101.”

Yet a lawyer for Bean denies Love’s claims to the magazine, calling them inaccurate.

VF relays that when Love isn’t talking about her daughter, she’s consumed with what she refers to as “the fraud,” and the 47-year-old singer was hopeful that VF contributing editor Nancy Jo Sales could help her get to the bottom of it. She says that more than $250 million of Nirvana money belonging to her is missing.

Her manager, though, tells Vanity Fair that he finds her focus on “the fraud” to be “heartbreaking.”

“She’s very capable of earning seven figures easy without any help from Nirvana right now,” he says, “but it’s hard for her to work or for others to want to work with her when she’s so consumed with fraud.”

The November issue of Vanity Fair arrives on newsstands October 11.

Filed under: Celebrities

« Previous entry
  1. kathleen hurst

courtney: GOD IS LOVE. here in is LOVE, not that we loved GOD, but that he loved us, and sent his SON
    to be the propitiation for our sins. and we have known and believed the LOVE that GOD hath to us.

September 30, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. rwfe

attention whoooooorreeee

June 11, 2013 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. RR

She already killed him once, so I guess it would be no sweat.

November 25, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Movie Review

You're really a good webmaster. The website loading velocity is incredible. It seems that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you have performed a fantastic activity in this topic!

September 2, 2012 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  5. stabber

eww kurt's daughter is a dork. she wants to be on a show like zoey 101.

May 15, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. t-bone fields walker jackson

she already had him killed once. do the research sheep

February 5, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. madge123

i am so scared of the kourtney...she's is making me so nervous...
    BWWWWWWWWWWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWEEEEEEEEEE
    JERK

October 19, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Emma22

I agree have you seen the interview?? I've seen it posted at -CELEBUR.COM- the video is still up i think.

October 13, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. scotonfire

Did she get a nose job? She looks good for her age, at least in the photo.

October 11, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  10. mike

Mom of the year. Wife of the year. Hear this? It's the sound of one hand clapping.

October 10, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Anomic Office Drone

But whose coattails would she ride?

October 10, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Helen3232

She actually sounded pretty serious about it during her interview. Check it out for yourself at http://WWW.CELEBUR.COM and tell me what you think.

October 10, 2011 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  13. Stella

I know how she feels. A cousin I loved very much committed suicide when I was 13 and it was terrible for everyone who knew him. I wish all suicides would think about how it effects the people in their lives who love them. Now as an adult I feel really angry with him sometimes for taking away everything we had together and I want to ask him how he could do it.

October 9, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. CarchariasUh

Well, this is pretty straight-forward: The heiress of anti-heroin OD carriage mediocrity is advocating rape AND murder over suicide. And, in addition, trying to mask the misconception that Mr. Cobain was as suicidal as was portrayed. Obviously, he was a water sign (if you know about astrology) and was picking up on the vibes in his small town, Buzz Melvins' vibes, and the drug addicts that claimed heroin would help his ulcer. What a load of crap. And to try and bring a child into the story to get attention is just.... its a loss for words now. I think the FBI needs to investigate her and Billy Corgan hopping around like amphibians and blaming Kurt Cobain... who might have been slightly tarnished reputation-wise during his life, but is going to outlive both rats in their cages in the bigger picture of things. In modern day language, this (is she one?) woman would be known as a bi-polar extremist... and people call Dick Cheney a sensationalist? This person with a last name of "Love" is clearly extremely sensationalist to the point of oblivion... and she probably has all of her body guards "F–kD" to the point of brainwashed, blind following. Lastly, I feel that Kurt Cobain would have just left the situation and taken his child elsewhere if he were around or came back from the dead and had to read any of this garbage....

October 9, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. DaveNYUSA

If I had been married to this silly cunnt, I'd having phuqing killed myself,. too.

October 9, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  16. Gmcman327

Courney's on the pipe again!

October 8, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Keith

The headline should read: "Courtney Love: I'd kill Kurt [AGAIN] if he came back from the dead"

October 8, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Kurt Cobain

If I was still married to Courtney Love, I'd kill myself again.

October 8, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Pablo

Oh please tell me more about what Courtney Love has to say. I hang on every word.

October 8, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ranch111

Kurt killed himself because of Courtney. I would.

October 8, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lori

I don't want to say she is the reason he killed himself... depression is deeper than that... but I don't think she made him want to live.

October 8, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. beezer

She did!

October 8, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Pab

Nerds stop fighting! That's enough!

October 8, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Mahhn

Courtney, I love you!
    Put out another album about the BS you deal with and how you don't let it drive you down like all the pu$$ies posting in here.

October 8, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  25. ben

She wants to kill Kurt? I smell teen spirit.

October 8, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  26. CelticHunter7

Cortney looks amazingly in good shape. Must be a wax figure. The real Court is toothless, wrinkled, bald, and constipated.

October 8, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  27. John Punk-2-hate-shone

"If he came back right now, I’d have to kill him for what he did to us. I’d f-–ng kill him,” she says. Actually, scratch that: “I’d f– him, then I’d kill him.” A woman has to have her priorities.

+++++++

I have quoted the above verbatim (cut and paste) from the article. Am I alone in being utterly bewildered as to who said what? Look at the quotation marks. Did Courtney say "scratch that"? Did she say "I'd f– him"? And who said "A woman has to have" etc.? If some journalist has put words in her mouth, I hope that Courtney sues the pants off him or her. The placing of the quotation marks makes all the difference.

October 8, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ArtInChicago

If he is dead, how would you kill him Courtney?

October 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Simone

@MrsEllie...You must not know too much about music history either. It's "Smells Like Teen Spirit".

October 8, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. eric

you would kill him again?

October 8, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Travis

This woman is crazy. Stop putting her in the news and let her her slide into obscurity where she belongs.

October 8, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Harry Baxter

If Curt hadn't died the first time, no one would have ever heard of his talentless freak Wife.

October 8, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Argle Bargle

Courtney Love: "I'd kill Kurt if he came back from the dead"

Oh, you mean like the first time?

October 8, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  34. deb

She's pure class.

October 8, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  35. RaiderFan702

she is the one that did it in the first place anyone who thinks otherwise is on drugs!

October 8, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  36. dave grohl

actually, other than the fancy quads i do way too much, my drumming kinda sucks. before me, dale crover toured with nirvana and delivered a much more tasteful and power packed performance. Nirvana was way on the map considering the bleach album that i had nothing to do with was very popular and created a buzz big enough to cause a major label bidding war that was eventually won by geffen.

October 8, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  37. splat

This crack head here...

October 8, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  38. jennifer bonariva

kurt cobain changed an era and I guess he couldn't handle fame and she is plain crazy,not a good combination,wonder what it would be if he would be alive now,the music he would be making,it would be cool..but like a lot of awesome musicians they die,especially of overdoses,what a waste,maybe they couldn't handle fame either!

October 8, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  39. donklos

A horrible person for young people to be impressed by. She should take her money and go away.

October 8, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Mike G.

if I was married to her I'd have done myself in also. what a ****

October 8, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  41. JustMyOpinion

Crack Head.

October 8, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Louie Cobain

I can see Kurt rising from the dead that's totally feasible – I see him finding Courtney right after his ashes are reassembled to form a new body, then he tells her " Please kill me again, you suck".

October 8, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  43. ric

someone has some issues to work through

October 8, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  44. al davis

that bi@tch killed me too.

October 8, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  45. Biff Tannen

$250 million missing? very doubtful – there is no way Cobain/Nirvana made that much – very little income comes from record sales and they didn't sell 100 million albums and probably didn't tour enough to even gross that much touring before expenses-she's so full of crap

October 8, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  46. mwsunshine

Why would anyone care about this no-talent druggie low-life? The Only interesting thing about her is that for awhile she rode the coattails of a huge star in the music business. She attracts a crowd like any train wreck does.

October 8, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  47. Wrong

Wrong there is nothing wrong with living in mediocrity. I would rather live there then Kurt's tragic life. Most of the world lives in mediocrity are you suggesting he lived a better life then the rest of us? I just can't see it

October 8, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  48. Jim Morrison

Yall need to close The Doors on this one.This is THE END my friend.

October 8, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  49. ALLEN

She already killed him ONCE.
    I was born on 2/20/1967 – 4 hours before Curt.
    That is not my only connection to Curt.
    And....I know Courtney killed Curt.

October 8, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Louie Cobain

Uh you know em so well you cant even spell his first name right?

October 8, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Here

I am amazed in reading through the posted comments. The true heros in your life can be found much closer to home – siblings, parents, grandparents, teachers . . . people you actually know . . . people you have met . . . people who influenced you on a daily basis . . .Corbain, Love, Lennon, Hendrix, Bush, Obama, Washington, Jesus, Buddha . . . all people you "know" through the eyes of others . . . enjoy the music but look around today . . . embrace those close to you . . .

October 8, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  51. anonymous

Not suprised to hear her say that, considering she is a prime suspect in Kurt's murder – be careful Courtney!

October 8, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  52. brad

I can't feel sorry for junkies, alcoholics, drug abusers, drinkers.. that end up DEAD.. it's a CHOICE and a BAD ONE, there's NO EXCUSES today for anyone that dies from those reasons.. and many others.. sometimes the gene pool needs chlorination!

October 8, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  53. Jay

I think it's a sad situation any way you look at it. I think they had some great music. They weren't my favorite but I liked a lot of it. All that's left is a daughter without a father and an insane widow. His death will haunt the both of them their whole lives.

October 8, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  54. Crusty

I grew up next door to Kurt. He was one 'weird' kid that's for sure and when his music came out it was all the rage but he hated that LP, you all know that right? He absolutely hated Nevermind, the studio forced him to make that LP if he wanted to get signed and have all the cash. If you really love Nirvana check out the garage band stuff they made prior to the glossy studio stuff. I don't know Courtney had him killed or not, that's what folklore is all about but I do not like her and it's apparent she did a really bad job as a parent if your only child speaks to you through a lawyer.

October 8, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  55. Bill

This is a good example of the pot calling the kettle black. She was just as drug involved as he was, she is lucky she is alive.
    After he dies she became more drug involved. I wonder how peoples lives she made a living he11?

October 8, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  56. RWESTUPID

If I was married to that loud mouth pig, I'd blow my brains out too!!!

October 8, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  57. Nick

wow here is lady that sure seems to grieve the loss of her husband.. yeah right, why isn't she on trial?? Hope she gets caught for something else like O.J. did .her days in jail will come eventually.

October 8, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  58. zrxgrim

Rick James taught Courtney Love that cocaine is a helluva drug. And he's dead too... Coincidence? Wake up people!

October 8, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  59. Sumbazzi Dizzat

Nirvana wasn't the beginning of the grunge music sound, just the first Seattle band to sell out (not that I blame them). I love all the music historians and experts chiming in with their "Nirvana started Grunge because they were the first grunge album I ever got at Sam Goody". Nirvana might have popularized grunge, but they were one of many bands playing this style when they made it big.

Listening to Nirvana makes me want to kill myself – so I have no trouble believing Courtney didn't pull the trigger (although I'd probably have wanted to die even more if I ever had sobered up long enough to realize I'd married her).

October 8, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  60. erich2112x

One look at her and I'm sure he'd be happy to die again.

October 8, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  61. Lisa

Kurt made sure baby bean got away with all the cash. Love it.

October 8, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  62. lefty avenger

Luckily for Kurt, your terrible wife Courtney Love can only kill your once!

October 8, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  63. Gumby

What a pity. She was always such a normal gal.

October 8, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  64. Travis

People are so stupid they are complaining about spelling on here. Are you kidding me? Get a life! Who cares about Curt Kobain or Courtney Love they are losers. Anyone could of made crappy music that sounded awesome when your on drugs. The world is way better off without these two people so get a life and talk about something that is relevant in society. This is not tmz.

October 8, 2011 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  65. Sam

Vanity fair at it again, probably Lynn Hirschberg of someone of her ilk taking a jab at courtney- if you remember, that Hirschberg wrote an article in vanity fair in the early nineties, intentionally misquoting courtney, and causing the cobains to lose francis for 6 months. Courtney still sleeps in kurt's pajamas. Courtney, nor heroine addiction killed kurt – it was the suicide gene – 4 members of his family killed themselves due to severe depression......i'm certain that the 90's vanity fair article and loss of their child contributed to kurts fall into deeper darker terminal depression. i wouldn't believe a word of this latest article.

October 8, 2011 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  66. JACK22

Stay classy Courtney.

October 8, 2011 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
  67. Lixi

Seems like the daughter's the only normal one in this family and she did it by having her father commit suicide and getting a restraining order against her mother. The only other Cobain crazies are those who continue to think that either he or Courtney are worth discussing at this point in time. Clearly, however, Cobain also inspired the Emo movement. It's funny that a so called musical genius anti-hero has become this great icon for having basically drugged himself stupid and yet Brittney Spears is still here, raising her children. Kinda puts it into perspective, doesn't it?

October 8, 2011 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
  68. Shellie

Some people said Courtney killed him, most say he just committed suicide but I think there is a possibility of a middle ground. They had a majorly F***ed up relationship. I could totally see Courtney yelling at him saying "I hate you! You Mother F***er, you should just kill yourself! You're worthless!" and then he did. He may have been an addict but she's not innocent either.

October 8, 2011 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  69. Joseph

Brad Phillips was a bigger loss imo. Imagine if Sublime were still around!

October 8, 2011 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Shellie

Hah! Sublime was a blip in the world of music. They were Sound and Fury signifying nothing.

October 8, 2011 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Jack22

Sublime was a terrible band who fanbase was primarily white-trash, pothead losers. Get real.

October 8, 2011 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
    • ranch111

I'd have to off myself if he came back.

October 8, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  70. JIM

KURT DID NOT KILL HIMSELF, HE HAD OVER 2X THE AMOUNT OF HEROIN IT TAKES TO LETHALLY OVERDOSE (EVEN FOR A SEASONED ADDICT) IN HIS SYSTEM WHICH WOULD HAVE RENDERED HIM PARALYZED IMMEDIATELY DURING INJECTION. IT IS A PHYSICAL IMPOSSIBILITY FOR HIM TO HAVE BALANCED A SHOTGUN WITH HIS TOES/FEET/MOUTH AND SHOOT HIMSELF IN THE HEAD.

HE DID NOT KILL HIMSELF. JUST BECAUSE ARTISTS EXPRESS EMOTION DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE DEPRESSIVE/SUICIDAL.

October 8, 2011 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  71. truefax

Yeah... This b_tch loved her husband, that is clear. It's sad when people fail so hard they off themselves. He should have taken responsiblity, and kept on going big a$$ wuss.

October 8, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  72. aaron1836

Reading so many of your cold-hearted and profoundly insensitive comments makes me ashamed for the state of the human condition. The anonymity that the internet offers may make you feel free to say things you would not say otherwise. Having dealt with the suicide of a loved one, the cruelty and lack of compassion in so many of these posts saddens me to the core. "He should have done it sooner." People, we are supposed to be better than that. Have some compassion for God's Sake. Your words reflect very poorly upon yourselves.

October 8, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  73. Mom of Three

She did kill him.

October 8, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  74. John

Kurt is dead, the drugs caused him to do some VERY dumb things, he's not coming back, and it's a shock that anyone still cares about anything that courtney love has to say. end of story.

October 8, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  75. radarbuster

Kurt really spoke to me.......when I was 18...get over it America and grow up geez. It's unbelievable a couple of drugged out d bags infatuate people after all these years.

October 8, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Lixi

Kinda makes me think of the Britard's fascination with John Lennon and the subsequent trauma over the continued existence of Yoko Ono?

October 8, 2011 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  76. Bob

Hey Courtney. Go diddle yourself and go back to bed. He was a LOSER

October 8, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  77. Carol

God made both of them. On purpose. With purpose. For a purpose. Jesus thought ms love was worth dying for. I pray she finds her value in Him. It changed me. It can change her.

October 8, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Lixi

Jesus allowed for bthe creation of drugs that were then consumed by drug taking parasites who were then permitted to have a child that both of them abandonned by virtue of the apparent presence of the Crackhead Jesus in their hearts. God had nothing to do with this unless you mean that by knowing someone was going to betray him to his death and doing nothing Jesus allowed himself to be kileld which translates to committing suicide and therefor setting an example for Cobain.

October 8, 2011 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Carol

Thanks for your response. I do not mean that God wished for drug abuse, suicide, bad parenting or the like. I do mean that God creates each of u's with a specific purpose. He also gives us free will. We often break His heart with our choices, but He designed that we not be wind up toys that only follow commands preprogrammed into us. I also absolutely meant it when I said Jesus thought she was worth dying for. I was referring to the sacrificial death of Christ Himself, not Kurt Cobain's. I screw up constantly. No way can I live a perfect life no matter how good I try to be. I have to remind myself in times of self doubt and guilt and discouragement that Jesus valued me enough to die for me. If it's try of me, it's true of ms love. And you. And people I love. And people who creep me out. We all fall short somehow. In my shortcomings, I tell God I am sorry, accept His forgiveness and ask for His strength in doing better next time. I am grateful to serve the God of second chances. I wish those who so obviously struggle too could know Him also. God bless you.

October 8, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Dan

Is there a more obnoxious biatch out there today, other than her! Look at her she is sick looking, why didn't she do us all a favour and follow him!

October 8, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  79. Dan

The real problem is that he didn't succeed the first time. These guys are putting out such musical garbage that I understand why that want to kill themselves. We should show them how to be more efficient.

October 7, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • sweetie

I thank it's refreshing to hear from a wanna be hitman rather someone that is just jealous. Phone number?

October 9, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  80. Buddy

Kurt Cobain was extremely unhappy. I'm sure he was clinically depressed. If I remember correctly he also had some sort of stomach problem that caused him a lot of discomfort. I liked Nirvana but every one of their songs pretty much talked about how everything and everyone sucked lol. I have no doubt Courtney Love was a massive pain in the ass as well.

I'd be very surprised if his death was anything but a suicide. He did a lot of drugs. So even if he had a lot in his system I'm sure he developed one hell of a tolerance. I'm pretty sure he'd be with it enough to shoot himself.

October 7, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  81. ReallyRob

Cortney is the reason Kurt is dead. She had him killed. She was gonna be a star one way or the other. She makes Yoko look like the pope.

October 7, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Lori

“If he came back right now, I’d have to kill him for what he did to us" Seriously? I can not believe that after all these years Courtney still chooses to portray herself as a victim" I find that pathetic, but certainly Courtney, continue to wallow in your pity and be a victim. Everything about that feels wrong.. I guess Courtney is just especially shallow and greedy.

October 7, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  83. bob

why would you make a story about this. she is obviously just joking. Instead turn something into nothing like Hank Williams comments.

October 7, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lori

Why? Because the media will write about anything and everything to sell a a story and grab a dime!! It is all about the sale.. which unfortunatley Courtney seems to relish in. She should get a clue from a respectable, loving and genuine soul like Yoko Ono.. and have respect and love for her husband. She is behaving in a very shameful way!

October 7, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Aaron

I suspect that the nutcase inherited many millions from Cobain. No use to be irate at him if he left her well off.

October 7, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  85. CrusterChorus

That Hizzoe had the great EL DUCE killed also! YEA....you KNOW you did it! She not only ruined Nirvana....but more inportantly...THE MENTORS!!!

October 7, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  86. DC

Kurt was mentally ill, and marrying Courtney Love probably made him even sicker.

October 7, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Nirvana

It's sad she's so obsessed with the 1/4 billion in cash she she belongs to her. Sure, she might have a will and testament from Kurt claiming such, but in reality their daughter and the other band members deserve the bulk of this.She did nothing to earn this money. Her only good record is essentially a Nirvana record; if you listen to it Cobain's imprint is all over it. She's hated by Nirvana's other members, scores of his family and friends, and now it seems even her own kid. She even has the gall to talk disparagingly about her in a magazine as well, even though she's still a kid essentially. Her greed is so palpable she wears it like a cardigan. Sad, sad, sad.

October 7, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  88. DenverPete

I'd shoot myself too If I were married to Courtney Love.

October 7, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  89. ted

All of you go back into your cages.

October 7, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Man (the REAL one)

Listening to the vomit this woman calls music is something that would make me want to commit suicide.

October 7, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  91. genia

courtney love, lets see can you say scank? and a few other things I can't say.

October 7, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  92. ray

i had no idea these people had such an impact for us urbanites and club crowd "grunge" was just white kids not taking a shower from 1990 to 1992. lloll.... guess it left an impact on you guys more than the club crowd thought

October 7, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  93. El Duce2

El Duce didn't kill Kurt, but he knew who did (his friend Alan). Now funny thing, about 2 weeks after El Duce was interviewed and once again stated that CL offered him $50K to off Kurt, he just happened to get hit by a train.

Some witnesses also mentioned that they saw him walking away from a liquor store with another guy about 15 minutes before he was hit by the train. (who they described as someone who just happens to match the description of Alan).

Coincidence? Sure, if you want to tell yourself that.

So no, CL didn't pull the trigger herself, but she put the hit out and paid for it. So, I guess you can say John Gotti didn't kill 100 people, he just happened to know who did.

So ordering a hit and paying for it makes Courtney L*ve a murderer in my book, but maybe that's what some of you call suicide I guess.

In my experience the only people who claim CL had nothing to do with Kurt's death are the ones who haven't spent any time investigating the facts.

October 7, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  94. ou812ic

Just another case of a white woman with money in Amercia getting away with it.(Kurt's Money)
    There was evidence. It was totally ignored. They hurried up, cleaned it up, made their decision he committed suicide even though there were some glaring holes in the crime scene and autopsy
    Probably why she called her group Hole. She was nothing but a Heroin Sucking, White Trash Ho, Who thought she would get more with him dead and frankly was very po'd he was getting all the attention

October 7, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  95. martin

Courtney told wickedimproper . com that she wants to host a Halloween party where 'everyone' shows up as Kurt.

October 7, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Reason

I had to work with CL in the late 90s. I almost killed myself and I thought for shed be the death of me.

October 7, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  97. you_morons

Cali Dewitt.....go to the source! He's never been questioned.....all you people tire me.

October 7, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Kevin O.

Why is Ms. Cox relevant again?

October 7, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  99. look it up

according to the FBI "El Duche" from the band The Mentors was approached by Love and he was offered $50,000 to kill Kurt Cobain....funny thing tho, they gave him a polygraph...and he PASSED. The only person Ive ever heard of openly having the nuts to talk about this is the chick from Sonic Youth. I was a musician in Ellensburg WA at the time of this. Sorry, dupes...she killed him. A DA really needs to reopen this case before anyone else ODs

October 7, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  100. metalhead

"Grunge has left more of a mark on the music world than metal ever has or will." – Dave

Yeah, a negative mark. Grunge ruined metal in my opinion. In the 70s and 80s the genre was all about partying and having a good time, but then grunge stole the spot light and made it miserable. Thank god for Ozzy and the Crue!!

October 7, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samhain

Don't get too riled up over it, he's probably at Starbucks right now wearing his Wal-mart Nirvana shirt, 'cause he wasn't even old enough to pronounce "grunge" when they were around.

October 8, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  101. RF

If you woke up in the morning next to her? Face it Court you drove him nuts and he killed himself because of it!

October 7, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  102. edvhou812

I probably would have strung myself and blown my head off too if I were married to Courtney Love.

October 7, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Tigger

What an awful person. It's bad enough to speak ill of the dead but the things that she says about her poor daughter are truly criminal.

October 7, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Col t

My husband committed suicide and left me and our 2 kids to fend for ourselves. Yeah, Courtney, I'm with ya'. Walk a mile on somebody's shoes before you spew forth you ignorance.

October 7, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • sweetie

pain=fear and the most sensitive regain control over death by turning it into a do it yourself sometimes life is just no fun after 20 years or so and then if you are lucky ha ha old for the next 50 or 60 & worry about taking care of the kids? they usually wish you would just drop dead anyway hang in there as long as you can for yourself Col we're all white lightening it together as time is relative and when we're all together with the people we thought loved us the least you'll look around and realize you're at another party

October 9, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  105. Kurt C.

In related news, when asked what he would do if he came back among the living- Kurt Cobain said
    "still married to McCrazy? ya, easy, I'd kill myself"

October 7, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  106. peluard5

What a punk'd up, nasty azz ho biatch. I cann0t stand her.

October 7, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  107. wc

why doesn't she just off herself instead?

October 7, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  108. rawnie

damn she would kill him twice :/

October 7, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  109. chubchased

I feel the world would be a better place is Suge Knight and SeanJean/P-diddy/Puffy Combs had killed each other instead of Tupac and Biggie getting murdered, I think we'd all be better off if Courtney Love were gone and Kurt was still with us.

October 7, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  110. metalhead

Why is it that they continue to bring this dude up after all these years? Kurt Cobain was no casa nova. He was a hopeless junkie famous for depressing music. Grunge wasn't even that popular, from what I remember. Atleast where I lived it wasn't. I grew up in the 90's, and by '95 people were all into stupid Alternative and the gangster cRap.

October 7, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Grunge has left more of a mark on the music world than metal ever has or will.

October 7, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samhain

Very true. The media had turned mostly everyone away from the rock and roll music of the era (mostly because it was dying after the grunge "bowel" movement). Why is Cobain's death such a big deal? He admitted himself as a loser, and Nirvana definitely isn't the "Grunge-God" band everyone made them out to be. I'm just saying, it's not a surprise that the older bands like Danzig and Metallica are regaining popularity, the 90's nearly killed rock, and now that it's recovering good music is coming out of the older bands again.

October 8, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  111. newt

Just because she is hard to work with and obsessed about "the fraud" doesn't mean that her claim against the recording industry is invalid.

October 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  112. RandyLahey

@CHURCH "Kurt Cobain was a loser and talentless. If it wasnt for grung movement nobody would of ever listened to to them."

Hmm... Kurt Cobain WAS the grunge 'movement.' Nirvara created that. With the help of a few other bands, pearl jam, alice in chains, to name a few... but it wouldn't have exitsted without him.. get it? Like it or not, his impact on music is seen only a few times a century.

October 7, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Slugbait

A year before Nevermind was released, Soundgarden received their first of several Grammy Award nominations.. A year before Nevermind was released, Chains released Facelift.

A month before Nevermind was released, Pearl Jam released Ten. It was a highly anticipated album due to earlier releases by Mother Love Bone and Temple of the Dog.

Screaming Trees released their fifth album that year. Mudhoney released their third album that year. The Melvins released their third album that year. Skin Yard released their third album that year. Tad released their third album that year.

Nirvana did NOT create the grunge 'movement', it existed long before you knew Nirvana existed. I should know, I was there. I consider Jeff Gilbert a good friend. I went to school with Starr, my wife went to school with Staley, and we both knew quite a few of these people. Partied with some of them. Grieved with some of them.

And for the record, we don't talk about Courtney. Not out loud, anyway...

October 8, 2011 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  113. TRUTH

From Wikipedia:

According to Max Wallace and Ian Halperin, Elden Hoke (aka El Duce of The Mentors) showed up at his friend Drew Gallagher's home on April 17, 1997, asking where he could go to get a fake driver's license. Hoke was incredibly paranoid and nervous at this time. When Gallagher asked what he meant, Hoke responded, "People get buried in cornfields, people get lost in swamps". Hoke informed Gallagher of who he was and told him that he had "killed Kurt Cobain."[4]
    While Hoke didn't actually claim to have killed Kurt Cobain, he did say that Cobain's widow, Courtney Love, attempted to hire him to kill Cobain. Hoke passed a polygraph test saying that Love offered him 50 thousand dollars to kill her husband and make it look like a suicide. Hoke passed on the offer and claimed that his friend Allen took her offer to kill Kurt Cobain and approximately a week after this incident, Hoke's body was found near a railroad, it was determined he had stumbled in front of a train and was hit.[5]

October 7, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • TRUTH

"At 9pm (April 19 1997), Duce was hit by a train and died instantly. There were no witnesses. Police were unable to locate the man seen with Duce that afternoon."

October 7, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

Keep in mind, this is Wikipedia we're talking about. Not exactly a reliable source.

October 8, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  114. Egotripen

Courtney is a huge junkie and alcoholic! I would not give her the money until she gets her Sh** straight! Maybe they should give the $ to the daughter god only knows she has been through enough cr**! I do believe that Kurt was so far off is rocker that he did not have any idea what the heck he was doing when he did it! Tragic for he had such a promising future!

October 7, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Katie

I don't know much about Courtney except I heard she was a druggie. Maybe she still is. Who knows. Why isn't she with her daughter? Something is wrong there. Sorry Kurt killed himself. Maybe if he had a chance to do it all over again, he would have made different choices and enjoyed his life.

October 7, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Terri

Oh, good grief, people, it's "probably", NOT "prolly"!

October 7, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Nirvana Fan

Sounds like a confession to me.

October 7, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  118. me138

Kurt GoBang!!!

October 7, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  119. jill

She went through all that money for junk cause she is a junkie. NO wonder her daughter hates her...She clearly is on drugs still with all her psychobabble.

October 7, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Amy Winehouse

Hi guys, sorry, am I late?

October 7, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  121. OneTwo

She killed him. Plain and simple. He may of shot himself but thing about it. You would shoot yourself if you realized that you slept with her too.

October 7, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  122. ficheye

I've got the photo of the suicide scene. He definitely killed himself.

October 7, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

no he didn't.

there's just so much evidence that suggests otherwise.

October 7, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

Bob, you should learn the difference between speculation and evidence.

October 17, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Ron

Quello che il maggiore Traverse City Metro Area ha bisogno è una buona pizza $ 8.00. :)

October 7, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Penny Nickels

Not surprising at all, considering Courtney killed him the first time around.

October 7, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  125. ADiff

" I'd f* him. Then I'd kill him." That's just hot...plain old hyper-erotic. I think I've liked this gal since way back in her hot-mess days...and she just gets better. Anger at the suicidal is perfectly understandable, normal and completely sensible.

October 7, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  126. duane

those that say cobain had no talent is terribly lacking in sense. listen to the music. listen to lyrics. they changed the whole music industry at that time. and each and every consecutive album got better and better. no one has come along since to equal cobain and nirvana. fact. no reason to reply specifically to the moronic statements above. just let their fame and fortune, and what they achieved speak for itself.

October 7, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  127. loudlyshy

I feel sad for Courtney. She somehow thinks he wouldn't have killed himself if he'd known he was rich. Nevermind that the most likely cause of his suicide was severe depression, a time during which he was out of his right mind and just could not think like a normal rational human being. He didn't kill himself because he hated you or his child, Courtney. He killed himself because his brain wasn't working right and he felt there was nothing else he could do.

October 7, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Robin

Kurt took the easy way out and left his child and wife behind, Courtney has every right to be angry and say whatever she feels, as with her daughter. I for one love Courtney for the simple fact that what you see is what you get, talented woman she is and so was Kurt. It's a shame he couldn't handle the fame.

October 7, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Shannon

She needs to chill with those vile words especially the F one. Not very lady like.

October 7, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Rob

I'd go back in time and kill him before he became popular and made Courtney Love popular.

October 7, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Kevin

For someone whose last name is Love, Courtney's comment was so loving LOL

October 7, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  132. phearis

Wouldn't that make him a Zombie? And signify the start of the Zombie Apocalypse!
    Remember!! Remove the head or destroy the brain!

October 7, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  133. sheila

She is a horrible person with absolutely no talent. Maybe she did kill Kurt. Maybe Kurt killed himself to get the F away from her.

October 7, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Zack

Right, someone obsessed with missing more money from Nirvana's success after almost 20 years......would kill their moneybag. Poor Kurt, they hate him because they'll never get that kind of attention. He hated them cause he didn't even want that kind of attention. Success did this, he pulled the plug.

October 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  135. casey

I Must say, That Nirvana did Contribute Alot to Music, Those that say other wise prolly didnt listen to them much.
    Also, No Offense to Courtney but she did talk to that guy, about killing kurt cobain, and once he was interviewed and he shared that info, he was found dead.
    Courtney's own Father thinks that she did it.
    However I know that he suffered from the stomach problems, and he did talk alot about committing suicide, I hate to admit it, but He prolly did.
    But For people to Be heartless and say, it should have happened sooner. If You died from a freak accident, or even if you died of old age, would you want people to remember you and say, they wished You died sooner. Thats low, and If You think this way, your a poor excuse for a human being. Jesus & God knows whats in our Hearts...so Good luck.

October 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  136. trixie

Could anything be worse than to have Courtney Love as your mother?

October 7, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  137. j

if I was married to her, id kill myself too...

October 7, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Jeff

Well, if he came back from the dead he'd be a zombie and she would be morally obligated to kill him.

October 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  139. another

Ha ha what a sorry pantywaste, get a clue-if you weren't a clueless moron your words would be hilarious

October 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Amy

People want to believe Courtney killed Kurt, because they love him and they don't want to assign any blame to him. People can't accept that those they love could do anything wrong.

October 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Michael

R.I.P. Kurt Cobain

A true legend.

October 7, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Diane

I wonder where she got the gloves.

October 7, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tatto

Prolly from Goodwill store.

October 7, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • WireDawg

From OJ.

October 7, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • exisstant

yo, she got those gloves cause i put 'em in her givenchy purse for her. it was a bad morning. and despite that they didn't match, i was forced to do so regardless.

October 8, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  143. TamponTorpedo

Courtney Love has no discernable talent. Kurt wrote all of Hole's early stuff

October 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Carl, Secaucus, NJ

You can call Kurt a "loser" if you want, but he's a loser whose band has sold tens of millions of albums. You can call him a coward and a junkie, but he and his music will be remembered long after most of us brave, healthy, good people are forgotten. Better a short life that achieves something than a long life spent in mediocrity.

October 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Colin

Great point.

October 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kay

I agree. I just wish that before he pulled that trigger he thought more about his daughter and the pain he was going to cause her.

October 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Muleskinner

Why would that be 'better'? So what, all life is short. Who's left to really care if you sold one or none?

October 8, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  145. dudley0415

She's a wacko, but wackos are entertaining – as long as there is enough distance between you and them.

October 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Frank

If only someone would do a late-night public access TV channel show to set the record straight on whether Kurt Cobain was murdered or committed suicide. Oh well. I guess nobody will ever go to the trouble, and we'll never know.

October 7, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  147. sepultura13

Gawds. From what I understand, she DID kill Kurt, but nobody pressed charges against her. Gee, I wonder why?
    Shades of Casey Anthony and Amanda Knox, obviously...
    She seems to forget that she was the strung-out, junkie lead singer of a crappy band, so calling Kurt an addict is like Gary Ridgeway calling Ted Bundy a serial killer! Wow...

October 7, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Qadmon

Really, I'd thought that CNN had more journalistic integrity that Fox. I see that I was wrong. Not only does your headline "Courney Love: I'd like to kill Kurt" pander to sensationalism, but it does not reflect the content of the article. You are not journalists–you are gossip mongers.

October 7, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Nancy in Seattle

Courtney: He would have moved on from you. He was so much better than you.

October 7, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sugartaste81

Are you sure about that? He was a great talent, but a junkie and was a junkie before he even met Courtney.

October 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Themagicrat

@Nancy, he was on a train to hell long before Courtney.

October 8, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  150. bill

We heard she tried to hire the Mentors front man to kill him. I dunno.... From Wikipedia..Hoke passed a polygraph test saying that Love offered him 50 thousand dollars to kill her husband and make it look like a suicide. Hoke passed on the offer and claimed that his friend Allen took her offer to kill Kurt Cobain and approximately a week after this incident, Hoke's body was found near a railroad, it was determined he had stumbled in front of a train and was hit.[5]

October 7, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Scott

This poor example of a women really puts things in perspective of how truly bad life could get, if your were unfortunate enough to have any dealings with this person,whatsoever.

October 7, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  152. SixDegrres

If I woke up next to Courtney Love, I'd kill myself too.

October 7, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Packman

Drugs will give you bad judgement. He could have had a million different girls but he picked her!

October 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Dawn

Oh please. Kurt is the ONLY reason we know this woman's name. She has done nothing worth remembering on her own. She should be grateful she's lasted as long as she has at the status that she has.

October 7, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Trollface

Hey, did you guys know that Kurt Cobain had "blew" eyes? One blew this way :D

October 7, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  155. another

@get a clue
    You must be the great arbiter of everything, I'm sure, dude-ette, from music to grooming to psychology. Moron

October 7, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Jolene

It's so scary to realize how cruel americans can be. I'm surprised at how much hate and ugliness spews forth from people.

October 7, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Jolene

What the hell are you even talking about? The article? Courtney Love isn't representative of 'Americans', or even the human race, for that matter. Xenophobe.

October 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blair

People are afraid to merge. It's scary that 9/10 of the barely literate populace will have no idea where that's from. But then I just do another bump and I don't care anymore. Disappear here...

October 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dawner

@xenephobe I believe she speaking about more than the article, some of these comments here are a sad reflection of the soul of these people, American? Who knows!?@Jolene I agree with you.

October 7, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kay

I do agree that some of these comments are hateful, but you stereotyping "Americans' is also scary. What exactly is it that makes you qualified to generalize and stereotype a whole country of people.

October 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kay

October 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • RCR

Agreed. The anonymity of the internet is toxic.

October 7, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • NiC

@Blair. That is from the book Less than Zero, by Bret Easton Ellis. The worst book I've ever read in my life, so if people don't know what you're talking about then they didn't miss much. It's the most overrated piece of garbage I've ever read, and the only redeeming quality was that the book was short. As for Courtney Love, I don't give a crap about what she has to say. If she still has feelings of hate after all these years she needs help, she doesn't need to spout off to the media for attention.

October 8, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
    • CelticHunter7

People hate each other for every reason in the world. It is due to 'Original Sin'. Animosity will be with the human race until the last two people face off with each other. Then it will be eradicated.

October 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  157. another

Yeah,church, you tool, get a grammar book and learn to write; you and the all other foolish haters need help pulling your heads out of your infinitely deep bowels-as for "talentless and a loser" it takes one to know one-but not for you, though, I'm sure the ghost of John Lennon lives within each of your microscopic hearts and souls, ha ha

October 7, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • get a clue

He was a crap singer and he never washed his hair. The definition of 'loser' is pretty much trying to kill yourself 5 times to get attention like he did. Listen to something better, dude, Nirvana was 20 years ago.

October 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • atroy

Well that was certainly a fine example of grammar and sentence structure.

October 7, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Themagicrat

Nirvana was twenty years ago, Jimi Hendrix was 40 years ago and the Beatles were 50 years ago. Time does not change have anything to do with music and what it means

October 8, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  158. Dr Doodee Breath

Kurt didnt commit suicide, he died via "mis-adventure" or "Acute Doodee Poisoning."

October 7, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • steeve-o

If the word "Doodee" is just another word for "double barrel shotgun", you'd be right.

October 8, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  159. derp

I have to give her credit, she has managed to mild a career out of long dead average musician husband.

October 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Packman

Average? Not too many average bands have an LP that sold over 17 million! Get Real!

October 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Themagicrat

Actually, derp is right. Cobain was an average musician, just as the majority of influential figures in rock music history were. But, like most of them, he had charisma, passion, heart, and that certain something. For the record, I'm not a Nirvana fan, and think he's the biggest loser in the world, just like anyone who leaves a child to fend for themselves in the world. We all live with pain, and he passes it on to his daughter. Sometimes you have to suck it up and think of someone besides yourself.

October 8, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
    • steeve-0

Themagicrat, he also lived with a gnawing pain in his stomach... now, only heroin appeared to be able to dull the pain, and my guess is it was a mental manifestation rather than an ulcer or some intestinal issue. So I don't believe his suicide was about getting attention or being a spoiled rock star. He had some serious mental issues and drug addictions resulting from them, and could not cope with the continuous swarm of attention that comes with stardom.

October 8, 2011 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottie

@Themagicrat and Steev-o, I think Kurt's suicide was because of the immense physical pain that he endured. Not only did he have back pain as Steeve-o mentioned but he had really bad back pain. I think he had scoliosis also. I watched a really good two hour special on him and the band and Kurt mentioned a few times that he was no some depressed maniac that the media made him to be. As for being a musician? He was punk rocker. I love punk rock and so I really like Nirvana but would they still be around today? Probably not same as other punk rock bands. I think Kurt's playing style and abilities were limited and he was not good enough to play with the likes of Amy Winehouse. She was a singer born with talent that Kurt would never realize in his career.

October 8, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  160. ali

this is going back a long time, but the movie compulsion has a great courtroom scene and the monologue by the defense attorney is captivating!

October 7, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Allie

I love Kurt. I love Nirvana. But even if she DID kill him maybe we should all just admit it that SOMEONE needed to.

October 7, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  162. geezo123

doesn't matter Cobain is still dead.

October 7, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elvis

No he's not, he's hanging our with me having a Mojito at Donovan's Pub.

October 7, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim Morrison

Hey, don't forget to invite me!

October 7, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richie Valens, Buddy Holly & The Big Bopper

Screw all of you, the three of us are making our own party.

October 7, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin

Hold up, wait for Amy...

October 7, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abel

I beat you all to the grave!

October 7, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • BigFoot

Oooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Wacha Wacha!

October 8, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
    • BigFoot Translator

"Ooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" translates roughly to, "I always hang out with elvis and the gang. I know you wouldn't expect to find me here but I feel it's my duty to support my comrades."

"Wacha Wacha" is self explanatory. It means wacha wacha fool!

October 8, 2011 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  163. silentpurr

Yeah, well the word (among musicians) at the time in Seattle was that she DID kill Kurt.

October 7, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Red

Yeah...... now that's a reliable source. Like the town drunk.

October 7, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • She//

In the study, With the Candlestick.

October 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • sugartaste81

Uh, she was in an LA hospital for drug treatment when he killed himself. She hadn't seen him in two weeks.

October 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  164. emma

she is mean

October 7, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • How is this even "news"?

Is Michael Jackson dead yet? Yes? OK, how about Steve Jobs? Yes? OK, then everyone just relax.

October 7, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • GailS

The suicide of a loved one can do that to you.

October 7, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Smells like Frances Bean has been takin a dump.

I think it was a bear that got him.

October 10, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  165. alice

Why does this woman insist on murdering and re-murdering her husband.

October 7, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Blah

Did you read the article or go straight to making comment.

October 7, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill in Florida

Why do trolls insist that Courtney murdered Kurt?

October 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • sweetie

she can't get over losing him in that horrible way and misses the lovemaking. she is a talented artist and I wish he was still with her. nobody has a happy ending, nobody. i think she loved him so much she wishes she was the one that killed him and not himself. she will not get over this love or replace him and her anger at his rude abandonment provokes violence in her soul and she says she'd kill him much like he sang and I don't have a gun, because she's contemplating suicide herself. Life is just too painful without him, as painful as it was with him.

October 9, 2011 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
    • YouAreAStoop

HaHa, talented. What makes this woman talented. Her crappy acting, and lack of any musical talent. Have you actually looked into Kurt's death? Whether or not she had anything to do with his death, a quick look at the case shows several red flags. Before you start questioning me, I do hold a Bachelors in Criminal Justice. Just the discrepancy within reports, and the toxicology levels should warrant a new investigation. I could point out many other items (that again don't point to Courtney but possible murder) such as 4 flat tires on his car, credit card use after his death, and 3 times the lethal dose of heroine in his system. Keep in mind there he would not have been able to lift a gun to shoot himself with the levels of heroine in his system. Do you just sit there and believe everything that the media and Courtney feed you? The woman is not all there in the head.

October 11, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  166. Evel Knievel

So she's saying she'd kill him AGAIN?

October 7, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • pete

Agree with Todd. Kurt killed himself and if you think otherwise you need to go to the doctor asap. Courtney was asked about the subject and has the right to express her feelings. Having dealt with suicide myself you go from loving to hating in seconds. It's tough.

October 7, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • @"todd" and "pete"

Nice try courtney, we know it's you.

October 7, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blah

@Chuch
      It's "would've" or "would have" not "would of"
      Besides your comments being stupid, it looks like you are as well
      Another child left behind.

October 7, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

@Todd "He's the one/Who likes all our pretty songs/And he likes to sing along/And he likes to shoot his gun/But he knows not what it means".

October 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Will

Again?

October 7, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • BethTX

Loved Nirvana, but he was a serious loser who married a serious loser. No great loss.

October 7, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Ellie

@Church You don't know much about music history. Nirvana shook the music industry with a force. Their music still influences today. Their "Looks Like Teen Spirit" was a defining moment in music. They were Grunge. Everything else was a copy. Sound Garden might be the only exception.

October 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sassafrass

@CHURCH– Nirvana WAS the grunge movement...you clearly know nothing about it.

October 7, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Why did Courtney have a sheet of paper in her back pack that she was practicing Kurt's hand writing? She added the second part of the note, her own father says she had him killed.

October 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • t3mptr3s

@Mrs. Ellie It's "Smells like Teen Spirit".

October 7, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • JJ

@ Blah
      It's Church, not Chuch. Get off your high horse.

October 7, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • KawiMan

Church – You're a real life example product of inbreeding...

October 7, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • seattlekatie

That was my first thought too, Evel..."Ya mean she'd wanna KILL him AGAIN????

October 7, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Spasmodic

Doesn't she mean "she'd kill him again"?

October 7, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katie

So true!

She has been harping on about "the fraud" for over seven years now. She needs to realize that her money wasn't stolen – she spent it. Probably on pills.

October 7, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Ditto, I've always had my doubts about his "suicide". RIP Kurt......you are very much missed. :(

October 7, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Truth

She's like the girl next door, if you live next to a methadone clinic.

October 7, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

There is so much evidence that suggests Cobain was murdered. There's no real smoking gun though. The closest to that smoking gun would be the amount of heroin Cobain had in his system at the time which independent medical experts have said would have made it impossible to shoot a gun.

October 7, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • H in Texas

Oh so we should just look past the fact that a man with enough heroine in his body to kill an Elephant was able to operate anything much less a shotgun. So maybe Courtney didn't do it herself, but I have a hard time believing Kurt did it himself either.

October 7, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

250 Million just doesn't go missing one day. Idiots.

October 7, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimmy the freak

She's probably the reason he committed suicide in the first place. I know I'd rather be dead than spend my life with that thing.

October 7, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Todd in DC

Um, Todd, he wrote a song called "I Hate Myself, and Want to Die". It's on the Beavis and Butthead Do America soundtrack.

I think that is more of a suicide note than "All Apologies".

October 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • catie

Amen man, she did a good enough job the first time even if she was't the one that pulled the trigger. I don't care what anyone says, the woman is insane and everyone should stay away from her. Her daughter knew to stay away from her by the time she was 8 or 9.

October 7, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shadowman

I think she meant....I'd kill him AGAIN. She got away with once, why not again ??

October 8, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

hahaha amazing, my feelings exactly.

If he were to come back from the dead she's f-ing kill him AGAIN to keep him quite about the first time she killed him to exploit his incredible gift. This woman should be prosecuted NOW

October 8, 2011 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
    • SuccessLuvsMe

She's a terrible person. I'm from Seattle, and there is a reason that groupie B!#@# doesn't live there..No one likes her. Great parenting, and being a supportive wife, ugh. I absolutely hate that this woman gets ANY publicity. What a circus.

October 8, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Lulu A.

It's "Smells" not "Looks."

October 8, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • EveryoneSTFU!

Both Courtney and Kurt were/are talented artists, but train-wrecks as human beings. At least we have some awesome music by both of them. As for everyone's snarkey, judgmental comments – they're about as substantive as a phart, dig?

October 8, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Cal McGlinchey

Courtney's cheekbones and tightly stretched eye areas are just like those of Joan Rivers! I wonder if they went to the same plastic surgeon?

October 8, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

Hey Todd, Did you ever think.. Hes an artist. And Did you bother to read the tox report. He was way too messed up on heroin to move..Even lift a shotgun to his head and pull the trigger. .

October 8, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • kurtinco

I had always thought CL killed KC with an overdose. She was always a pathetic, junkie loser. Just look at her. Nothing seems to have changed. She's still in the news because of her "relationship" to KC. What a w h o r e.

October 8, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Texian

So, once was not enough?

October 8, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • CSCI132

All the money went up her nose and so on. It is called dope and not smart for a reason.

October 8, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen

Any attention this woman has received has been BECAUSE OF Kurt Cobain. I'm no fan of either one of them, but I get sick of her talking and talking and talking about him to get press. Let him rest in peace.

October 8, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • skwirrl

I'd hope she'd have him killed again so he can't punish us with his horrible music. Nirvana is the most overrated band of all time. Stinks like Teen Garbage was one of the worst songs since disco to get radio airplay. It's because of Nirvana that we have crap like Evanescence today.

By the way. She did murder him. A member of an LA band passed a polygraph saying that Courtney had offered him 50K to waste Kurt but he wouldn't name the killer other than to say "I talked to Alan... Uh my friend... I'll just let the FBI catch him."

If only Courtney and Kurt could have done the world a favor and killed each other.

October 8, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • vahellbilly

@sassafrass.... late bloomers were nirvana... Soundgarden was waxing vinyl and doing shows when kurt was hoofing spray paint and free-basing nutmeg and cloves as a kid

October 8, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scratch

The joke's on you Mrs. Ellie...it's "SOUNDS Like Teen Spirit."

October 8, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • YouAreAStoop

@Pete, you seem to be very naive and simpleminded. A simple search into facts would show that there are some questions that remain unanswered about Kurt's death. Before you suggest people go see a doctor because you think they are crazy, maybe you should look past what the media feeds you.

October 11, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  167. Red

I wish it would of happend before their first album, cause then that icky record never would of existed.

DISCO RULES!

October 7, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Tourn

The best thing that came from Nirvana was Foo Fighters. And to believe that Kurt Cobain once told Dave Grohl he sucked.

October 7, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Chaz

Well why don't you show us how it's done (the suicide that is). People like you have little justificaiton for living.

October 7, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  170. lefty avenger

No, Disco still sucks and Kurt is dead.

October 8, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  171. OJ

Dead or Alive disco sucks and will stay dead, still waiting on rap to pass

October 8, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  172. Jerkweed

Disco is awesome and Kurt is still dead.

October 8, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  173. dave grohl

well, he was right. i do suck. bran dailor is a way better drummer than me as well.

October 8, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  174. ohreallynow

Dave Grohl put Nirvana on the map, dude. And if you look at his drumming on Youtube it will be confirmed. He's OK in the Foo Fighters, but not near as great as when he was drummer for Nirvana. Most of you idiots weren't even born when they were still together and Cobain was alive, which is why you keep posting these idiotic comments. Almost–but not quite–as idiotic as the trash that comes out of that fame-sucking biotch Courtney Love. She's an embarrassment, every time she opens her pie hole I want to vomit.

October 8, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Ronald Raygun

if kurt was not in nirvana, there would be no dave grohl. no one cared about dave grohl until foo fighters. kurts lyrics and voice were the force of nirvana.

October 8, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |