Beyonce shows off baby bump in 'Countdown'
October 7th, 2011

Beyonce shows off baby bump in 'Countdown'

The wait is over for Beyonce's latest video, which debuted on Thursday as previously promised.

The mommy-to-be promptly took the stage to perform after announcing she was expecting at the MTV Video Music Awards, and she's still working just as hard in the "Countdown" clip.

The video for "4's" danceable track does show off the singer's growing belly, although its absence in some scenes suggests that there may have been pre- and post-pregnancy announcement filming. The imagery is a hodge-podge of modern and retro styling created in an ultra-bright palette, and staccato camera work effortlessly matches "Countdown's" beat.

It doesn't, however, answer our question of what a "boof" is - like MTV, we're hearing "boof coupe" in the lyrics too, but maybe our ears are just dull. The actual lyrics, as the music network points out, are "Me and my boo, and my boo, boo riding."

Take a look at the video below - what's your verdict?

Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities • Music

1. Medela Breast Pumps

I believe this is one of the so much important information for me. And i am satisfied reading your article. But want to remark on few common issues, The website style is perfect, the articles is really nice : D. Just right task, cheers

May 19, 2012 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. vehicle hire purchase new zealand

Terrific paintings! This is the type of info that are meant to be shared across the web. Disgrace on the search engines for no longer positioning this submit upper! Come on over and visit my website . Thanks =)

May 16, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. find out more

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all people you really realize what you're talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also consult with my website =). We may have a hyperlink exchange agreement among us

April 3, 2012 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  4. MadCityBabe

omg are we going to keep hearing about he bump until it's a buldge, until it's huge, then she pops, then it's discussing her baby fat to thin again........

October 10, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. PoopUhDeeDoop

I dont know whose v@g!na I want to lick more, hers or Jay-Z's?

October 10, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jazmin

Love beyonce, but this song was annoying and too much.

October 10, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. I'm Punching Babies

Bring me yours Beyonce when the time comes...we'll get him ready for the 'hood

October 10, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. beys fan

cnn journalist.. could you not just google the dang lyrics? its "me and my boo in my boo coupe ridin all up in the black with his chick right beside him" black as in the color of the car so don't start the racist garbage that always starts on these boards people.

October 10, 2011 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  9. Kelly232

If you think that's hot check out her post interview at http://celebur.com

October 10, 2011 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  10. Tiffani

Wow she is gorgeous!

October 10, 2011 at 3:18 am | Report abuse |
  11. Dr Feelbad

She's a reptoid, you can't trust the lizard people.

October 9, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Monika

all racists are people who want to love and be loved but don't know how, never had love from anyone, it's sad really...I just don't understand how you guys aren't ashamed to write hatefull stuff like that, it says alot about you....really sad...

October 9, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Giggles

im tired of her an this baby already. Ok congrats she is going to be a mother lets just hope her an the baby well an move on other women that are famous are pregnant we dont hear this much about them. an her spotlight would go dem as soon as they say Kim K. is pregnant.

October 9, 2011 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  14. 2cents

I'm pretty sure it says " what do u think ?" at the end of this article in reference to the article's q: is she saying boof coupe or my boo, boo riding ? It's pretty clear she is not saying boof coupe. My question is what is up with jay-z's song that says something about riding TriBeCa with his "high yellow broad" ? Where has that type of terminology ever gotten us?

October 9, 2011 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
  15. Leah

Can't stand this woman. She's wants to be white so bad. She exploits her child by being half naked in a video rubbing her belly . Can't stand her. She's a disgrace to her race.

October 8, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Missy

Love the video. Her style is always unique, and this had some sweet nods to great singers of the 60s.

October 8, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Rachel

I wish to God this woman would just disappear already. She not only sounds the same in everything she sings, but she is getting boring to watch anymore while she tries to outdo herself, time and time again.

Same old stuff, just a different day.

My recommendation......... STAY HOME AND BE A MOMMY

October 8, 2011 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Booo

I wouldn't say disappear completely, but I wouldn't mind seeing and hearing less of her. Her latest album is garbage. As a former dancer (high school and college teams), I was foolish enough to buy a couple of her past albums because she'd release one really good dance track. Then all the rest of the songs were awful. I don't get why she is so worshipped. Can she sing? Yes. Is she the only woman on earth who can carry a tune? I think not. The few people I know who worship Beyonce are either gay men or women who lead fake, uninteresting lives. Since I have that problem, I don't worship Beyonce, nor do I care to bash people who do not like her like so many on this blog board.

October 10, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Booo

I meant since I don't have that problem. Oops...

October 10, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Watcher0001

ANNOYING!!!

October 7, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  19. little lame lamont

Is you my daddy mistuh forrza?

October 7, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Forrza

How old are all of you 7???? Get a life people. I read these comments just to see how unintelligen some humans are. By all means crap on this comment if you want to feel good about yourselves, I'm sure it still won't help!

October 7, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • koda

In your rant to sound more better than everyone else, you forgot the 't' after 'unintelligent'. Don't want your stupid mistake to conceal your righteous indignation.

October 9, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Those arent milk dudes floating in your tomato soup

After B have dis baby her ass will be so big it will have to ride in the backseat.

October 7, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • mimi

I agree. But she'll be back in shape once she hires a personal trainer.

October 10, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Lay-Z

I gun eat b afa-birf!!

October 7, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. troll

That is some good equal opportunity trolling. All kinds of lil babies being insulted ! YES ! :)

October 7, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  24. tyree

they have to feed white babies dooodoooo so they will have some color in their skin and not ne invisible

October 7, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  25. tyree

white babies be so pale and gross you can see their insides. gross.

October 7, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • ian

I think you meant...Michael Jackson b so pale and gross you can see his insides. And now he dead...LMAO!!

October 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  26. emma

white people got marshmellows for brains.

October 7, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  27. IP Sniffer

betty = veronika = nichole = jessica = ashley = tyree

October 7, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. irmative Actionman

Make jokes about white people: "Lol, dem honkiës is crazee! XD"

Make jokes about black people: "Dats racist an u a terrible person! :o"

Good job everyone.

October 7, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  29. jujubes

I think they are cute lil turds.

October 7, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  30. AmyD

I think she looks like Uma Thurman is this video.

October 7, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  31. Victoree

I don't understand why you all are talking about her race. Black "Kneegrows" pleaseee. If you don't like the song comment on that but talking about her race and unborn baby you people need JESUS. I don't like the song or video either they're both are CORNY! But I'm not commenting on her unborn child calling the baby names and saying what it's going to look like. You all know good and well when a celebrity gets pregnant it's like NO other woman has ever been PREGNANT!

October 7, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  32. nichole

Id tha baby daddy outta prison yet?

October 7, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • jo jo

In case you didn't know her HUSBAND !!!!! was not in Jail. All women do have baby daddy's. Maybe you do or do you not know who he is. Maybe #4567891 of the local sperm bank.

October 7, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • @jojo

Where's kc?

October 7, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  33. nichole

it gonna be a cute lil hood rat

October 7, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  34. who Cares?

Congrats beyonce for being the first woman in the world to have a baby! who really gives a f***?

October 7, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  35. Dr Feelbad

5 bucks says its a reptoid baby.

October 7, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Jay

Feelbad. That figures. 2 inches isn't ever going 2b enough. Get a life AH. She is gorgeous and her kid will be FINE too. This woman got it made and nothing will stop her or her husband. Stop hating and work on growing another inch on your small mind and body. Hater. You ain't doing crap to her or her life, etc. you're nothing compared to her. Spit.

October 7, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • jo jo

Hater!!!!! Hater!!!! Hater!!!!!!!

October 7, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr Feelbad

You guys don't know what you're talking about, she's part of the conspiracy, google reptoid and you'll see what I'm talking about.

October 7, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  36. tootie

She is radiant and glowing like a fresh piece of numero dos.

October 7, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  37. misses garrett

She looks kinda like number 2 to me.

October 7, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  38. Pee Wee Sperman

Just another shallow celebrity rat.

October 7, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

just another hater who is bitter, lmao.

enjoy life and stop the hate.

October 9, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • James

I bet if you saw Beyonce right now, you would not say that to her.

October 12, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  39. @Jennifer Nicole

Beautiful and more radiant than ever.

October 7, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  40. Kym

I hope u never have kids. Since u saying black people gives birth to rats your kids will look like MONKEYS! Get a life u MORON!

October 7, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  41. Jay

We gave birth to you, so I guess you should know what it feels like to be a rat. We are the true Kings and Queens of the earth. No lie, killing and murdering is going to change that. You are an angry, jealous pig who needs to love yourself and leave others alone. Your life must be the pits. What a loser and an idiot.

October 7, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  42. jo jo

You like them BIG rats don't you? All you haters do and you know it. Stop being a follower. Did he dump you?

October 7, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  43. jo jo

Are you jealous?

October 7, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  44. Marky

Whaaaatt??? What the heck are you saying, idiot "troothe"? Whether or not I'm Beyonce's biggest fan, I'm disturbed by all the insults on here and racial comments from black or white. Racists are the losers....

October 7, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  45. Jay

How did your parents tell you apart from all the crap? Bet they wish they threw your ass out instead of the other crap. Your mouth and brains are filled with it and so is your mouth I bet. You must like eating it. But no one wants to hear it. Hater B GONE! Get a life worth living.

October 7, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  46. Tony Montana

Beyowsay? She's a Horse.

October 7, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Jay

Cause you were on it, that don't mean this rich, beautiful woman's kid will get on it. After all, your daddy left your mamma and this made you angry. You grew up on welfare and you're still on it. Hater, B GONE.

October 7, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  48. Jay

I bet you are a fat, ugly cow. Everyone wants to be black. Hey, stay out of the sun, it burns the un naturals. Don't be mad your baby looks like a piece of crap. And so do you. Don't be a hater, don't be mad. Lose some weight, get that breast implant, fix that big ugly nose, get a full face and body make over, then learn how to read and write and love yourself.

October 7, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  49. Jay

Hater. Go outside and spew your crap and get the crap beat outta ya! Get a life and learn to love and respect yourself. Your life will be on an incline after that. Right now, you are hating because you are a loser. I don't know what's it's like to be as ugly and hateful as you. Hope to never experience that. Get a life loser. Get some looks too. Bye losers. 2 much ignorance and hate for me. I have a business to run.

October 7, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  50. Marky

You know, Jay, I think his is the same poster saying all this stuff and using multiple names. Wonder if middle school is out today for some reason.? Either that, or someone's in their mama's basement on the computer, and wishing they had a life--of ANY kind. These posts are just stupid and sound like they are coming from someone smokin' something the shouldn't. Losers, for sure.....

October 7, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |