'Ant' invades Michael Jackson tribute
October 7th, 2011

'Ant' invades Michael Jackson tribute

Ants will rock this weekend's Michael Jackson tribute concert... in a manner of speaking.

Alien Ant Farm, the alt rock band that can claim a surprisingly long history with the late King of Pop, is on the bill. The group famously recorded a cover of Jackson's "Smooth Criminal", which hit No. 1 on the modern rock charts in 2001.

The band will be performing that song along with a version of MJ's "PYT" at the Michael Forever concert in Cardiff, Wales, on Saturday.

We talked by phone with AAF frontman Dryden Mitchell, who says he's stoked about the concert.

"This show is going to be gi-normous, so it's good for us," Mitchell told us. He says he never got to meet Jackson personally, but heard from his reps that Michael liked their "Smooth Criminal" cover. "We've all been fans [of Michael] since we were little shavers."

Joining Alien Ant Farm are Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Smokey Robinson, Beyonce (by satellite) and Gladys Knight, among other artists.

Jackson brothers Tito, Marlon and Jackie are performing together, and sister LaToya will make what's being called her "first full concert performance" in nearly 20 years.  The Black Eyed Peas, however, dropped out of the tribute for undisclosed reasons.

Mitchell told us he wasn't sure why the Peas bailed, but he's focusing on AAF's performance.  He promises a lively set.

"We're a pretty energetic band," he said dryly.

1. web dizajn subotica

We're a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done a formidable activity and our whole group can be grateful to you.

July 1, 2012 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  2. louis vetton

Awesome issues here. I am very happy to see your post. Thank you so much and I'm having a look ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

June 28, 2012 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. Anomic Office Drone

1. I had no idea Alien Ant Farm was still together.
    2. It's gross how much people are profiteering off of Michael Jackson's corpse
    3. Two didn't seem like enough numbers.

October 10, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. HUEHUEHUEHUE

Alien Ant Farm are necrophiles. It was not enough that they had their fifteen minutes in fame on a subpar cover of a subpar Michael Jackson single. No, that wasn't enough. Now they have to cozy up to his corpse in a desperate bid to regain relevance. Flush these turds.

October 10, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Gina922

MJ will always be in our heart! WE love you for all the great music. If you're a MJ fan you definiately need to check out his tribute video...it was so touching. It was posted on http://WWW.CELEBUR.COM I think the video is still up.

October 10, 2011 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  6. gary

my comment is to TROLL FACE

October 9, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. gary

If m,j,was ADDICTED to PROPANOL could he had went into a seizer from a lack of the drug;being the so called dr. said he was trying to ween him off? And how dare the baby mom and dr. have the nerve to take advantage and go to his house..She is lying about not knowing if he had an office in L.A.. she knew he had one in nevada and texas plus they lived in california. Plus by the way she shakes her head is a sign she is trying to convince herself of her lies.She makes me sick at my stomach just like her murdering boyfriend. And how dare he too say M.J. made his security go to a gas station to use a restroom. M.J. would not treat people like that. I can tell that the dr. was mad and fed up and was diefinitly going to kill him to make more money In his mind he thought he was the only one ;god if you will and would make more money one his death . He WAS JEALOUS of michael jackson.He knew m.j. was too sick to do all the concerts and that would have cut his 150 thousand dollars off. He was in too much deeth.. there are too many things that make this a premeditated MURDER.

October 9, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. madhater

Michael Jackson blew hard. I remember the 1st thing I said when I heard he died "Sweet".

October 9, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Zipadeedoodah

Who's Michael Jackson? Isn't he that eunuch who danced around grabbing his crotch all the time, or am I thinking of Perez Hilton? I can never keep them straight.

October 8, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. @Yellow Rose

Hate much? Nah..you're not a racist...lol

October 8, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  11. yellow rose

man what the hell, michael was with out the doubt the best entertainer to ever entertain period, I'm so proud to be a beautiful light skin black women, cause the influencs he mad on beautiful black music.idnt know what they was thinking getting beyonce, and all these devil worshiping sellouts to perform. I will not be watching this garbage, michael should get a beautiful tribute, and a one with folks that can actually sing, and i am not a racist, but Michael was a black man, and black music, is way different, and sounds different then white's, so i wish they will have some real soul brothers, and sisters singing, and dancing, that tribute's true real black music, from the greatest that ever done it. I mean i;m just saying i wouldn't want beyonce ( a black woman) paying tribute to marylin monore a (white women) the music just don't sound the same. I'm real, don't know body write me back, that;s my opinion.

October 8, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Troof

It doesn't matter if you're black or white. I think someone famous said that, not sure though. And remember 2012 campaign Don't Renig!

October 8, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Banana Split

Yu b a credit 2 yor race, ho! Word.

October 8, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kurt Loder

In other news, a Lauryn Hill spotting occured today in the comments section...

October 9, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sam

This Tribute concert started off on the wrong foot with a very convoluted ticket pricing. This is another Tribute that's taking a shot at capitalizing on Michael Jackson' s death without any shame. The trial is still going on, and as a diehard fan I'd say Justice before profits. What's the matter with the Jackson Family? They have become a runaway train, how can we trust them at this point? Joe Jackson has recently teamed up with a professional crook Julian Rouas to exploit Michael' s image with a new line of cheesy perfumes. To make matters worse, they are manipulating MJ' s kids (Prince and Paris) to pose with the controversial perfumes. I get feelings of disgust when seeing the sickening photos:

October 8, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. Barbara Cole

@troll face I'll bet you're one of those fake azzed b**ches that loved Micheal,then hated him and now love and support him.I hate you phonies.

October 7, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ***

@Rap3r Castrator..Lmao! snip snip..lol

October 7, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Troll Face

Michael is garbage. He was a child molestor, plain and simple. His music is garbage and so are the people that like him. Nuff said, get owned..

October 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Troll Face

As they say, it takes one to know one... says a lot about you then.

October 7, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • gary

you are a narrow minded redneck who doesnt know anything about a genuis. what ajerk you are.

October 9, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jammal

plus that comment about being strained. strained peas are nutritious. i bet you are some whithe deeevil.

October 7, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jammal

yeah. it is racism. not even funny. dang racist.

October 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  18. MadCityBabe

this all sounds so strained to remain relavent

October 7, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. troll

I like BOOOO bees myself. They are good insects.

October 7, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |